TALK STORY

The Cool Movie/TV Quote Game Thread

POSTED BY: CHRISISALL
UPDATED: Monday, February 6, 2012 13:09
SHORT URL: http://bit.ly/xfZjWI
VIEWED: 10931
PAGE 2 of 2

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 12:50 PM

CLJOHNSTON108


Quote:

Originally posted by JohnnyReb:
Don't tell my you don't know mine!

Take my love. Take my land...


Ummm, was it from a little show called... Firefly?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 1:02 PM

CLJOHNSTON108


Quote:

Originally posted by Cybersnark:
"Now, focus on something benign. . .Not me! I haven't been benign since 1956."


Hmmm, sounds like some'n Artie Nielsen would say.

Sorry if this one's too long, but I just had to get it out of my system...

"Perhaps you should make peace with your maker."
"My maker was some geek in a lab coat with an eyedropper and a petri dish. What do I need to make peace with him for?"
"At these times we should all make peace with our maker."
"With all due respect, Chaplain, I don't think our maker wants to hear from me right now, because He knows I'm going to go out in that sky, in this plane, and I'm going to remove one of His creations from His universe. And when I return, I'm going to drink a bottle of scotch as if it was Chiggy Von Richtofen's blood, and celebrate his death."
"Amen."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 1:14 PM

JOHNNYREB


Nicely done! Warehouse 13.

"The sea is my mother! She would never take me back to her mirky womb!" "My mother was an alewife! I was rather hoping to die in battle as a warrior should!"

Take my love. Take my land...

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 1:18 PM

CHRISISALL


Quote:

Originally posted by cljohnston108:
It's right there below!! (I only post a sig when I start a thread)

LOL, it was so obvious it didn't strike me as a quote to guess...

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 1:35 PM

CLJOHNSTON108


Quote:

Originally posted by JohnnyReb:
"The sea is my mother! She would never take me back to her mirky womb!" "My mother was an alewife! I was rather hoping to die in battle as a warrior should!"


Goin' back a'ways, ain't ya? Somewhere between the 8th & 11th centuries, I reckon... BEOWULF? (Oh, that's right: the movie was 5 years ago )

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 1:49 PM

CYBERSNARK


Quote:

Originally posted by cljohnston108:
"Perhaps you should make peace with your maker."
"My maker was some geek in a lab coat with an eyedropper and a petri dish. What do I need to make peace with him for?"
"At these times we should all make peace with our maker."
"With all due respect, Chaplain, I don't think our maker wants to hear from me right now, because He knows I'm going to go out in that sky, in this plane, and I'm going to remove one of His creations from His universe. And when I return, I'm going to drink a bottle of scotch as if it was Chiggy Von Richtofen's blood, and celebrate his death."
"Amen."



Space: Above and Beyond, said by T.C. McQueen and. . . the Chaplain whose name I can't recall.

"Sleeping in class? What do you have to say for yourself?"
"That it'd be easier without all that 'teaching' going on."

(hint: no, it's not Buffy. Or Daria.)

-----
We applied the cortical electrodes but were unable to get a neural reaction from either patient.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 3, 2012 3:57 AM

MENDUR


Quote:

"Sleeping in class? What do you have to say for yourself?"
"That it'd be easier without all that 'teaching' going on."



Is that from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" (Mr. Hand and Spicoli)?

The Codex Menduri: http://mendur.blogspot.com

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 3, 2012 6:30 AM

CYBERSNARK


Nope. It's from a fairly obscure cartoon (based on a european comic series).

-----
We applied the cortical electrodes but were unable to get a neural reaction from either patient.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 3, 2012 8:04 AM

MENDUR


Quote:

Originally posted by Cybersnark:
Nope. It's from a fairly obscure cartoon (based on a european comic series).

-----
We applied the cortical electrodes but were unable to get a neural reaction from either patient.



Hmm. "Code Lyoko"? It's French and it wasn't half bad when I saw it a few years ago. I don't really recall the line but it was set in a school so it fits.

The Codex Menduri: http://mendur.blogspot.com

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 3, 2012 1:49 PM

CYBERSNARK


Heh, nope, but I did discover them at around the same time.

When I go obscure, I go obscure.

Think Buffy meets Sailor Moon.

-----
We applied the cortical electrodes but were unable to get a neural reaction from either patient.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 4, 2012 8:22 AM

CLJOHNSTON108


Quote:

Originally posted by Cybersnark:
Nope. It's from a fairly obscure cartoon (based on a european comic series).


Hmmmm, well, that could only be W.I.T.C.H., most likely between "Will" Vandom and her mother, Susan?

Here's a marginally less obscure one I'm sure you'll know...

"We did all evolve from predators. . . Well, not me, of course. I was just programmed by predators."


(See what I did there? )

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 4, 2012 11:38 AM

CYBERSNARK


Yes, it is indeed W.I.T.C.H.

And yours is Doc Hologram from Voyager.

"At Mossad we have a saying: Knives don't run out of bullets."

-----
We applied the cortical electrodes but were unable to get a neural reaction from either patient.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 4, 2012 5:40 PM

JOURNEY


Quote:

Originally posted by Cybersnark:
"At Mossad we have a saying: Knives don't run out of bullets."



Ooo, ooo, I just watched that episode. Ziva on NCIS.

"You say tomato. I say pimp."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 5, 2012 5:24 PM

OONJERAH


Quote:

Originally posted by Journey:

Ooo, ooo, I just watched that episode. Ziva on NCIS.

"You say tomato. I say pimp."



Burn Notice ?

ER, P.S. Michael Westen




NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 6, 2012 10:12 AM

OONJERAH


Quote:

Originally posted by Oonjerah:

Burn Notice ?

ER, P.S. Michael Westen




If it's my turn,
"Do you know what Ethan will do if he has a chance? He'll put a bullet in her brain."

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 6, 2012 12:23 PM

JOHNNYREB


The Searchers. Hats off to Malcolm Reynolds.

(Aproximate) "Figures. Just when I get to liking somebody, they ain't around for long." "I noticed when you get to disliking somebody, they ain't around for long neither."

Take my love. Take my land...

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 6, 2012 1:09 PM

OONJERAH


Quote:

Originally posted by JohnnyReb:
The Searchers. Hats off to Malcolm Reynolds.

(Aproximate) "Figures. Just when I get to liking somebody, they ain't around for long."
"I noticed when you get to disliking somebody, they ain't around for long neither."



Dirty Harry Callahan ... but I don't know which episode.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
Your favorite YouTube channels
Sat, June 27, 2020 13:39 - 55 posts
Betelgeuse on the verge of exploding?
Tue, June 16, 2020 12:02 - 20 posts
Why is almost everything literally being retconned ?
Fri, May 22, 2020 17:33 - 31 posts
Marvel CANCELS Comic Shops | Snowflake and SafeSpace Won't Save Retailers
Sun, March 29, 2020 10:11 - 4 posts
DC to Marvel - Hold my beer
Sat, March 28, 2020 13:21 - 3 posts
Jimmy found something. What ever could it be?
Tue, March 3, 2020 17:56 - 9 posts
Marvel comics continues the long march to destroying an industry. ( Get work, go broke )
Tue, January 21, 2020 17:29 - 3 posts
Die Hard: A Chrstmas Movie.
Mon, December 30, 2019 18:52 - 5 posts
The Century Mark
Wed, November 13, 2019 22:16 - 5 posts
What if you knew a BIG secret, that would rock our world. Could you keep it ?
Sun, November 10, 2019 18:59 - 3 posts
Intelligent life - out there.
Mon, November 4, 2019 18:34 - 5 posts
10 Years of DVDs
Mon, August 12, 2019 17:24 - 10 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL