REAL WORLD EVENT DISCUSSIONS

In the garden, and RAIN!!!!

POSTED BY: SIGNYM
UPDATED: Monday, May 16, 2022 23:47
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 462813
PAGE 155 of 208

Monday, June 7, 2021 1:47 AM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Laundry day as soon as I get a move on. Later. Also will do a walk.

Do I understand that you walk for exercise?

I forget how many floors high your current place is.

Have you been able to walk down a few stories of stairs each day as part of your routine?
How about climbing up at least one floor each day?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, June 7, 2021 1:21 PM

BRENDA


Monday morning and I am going to use my hearing aides. When I took them off last Friday there were no lights on them. Taking their volume device with me and seeing if that has any effect. S'weird.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, June 7, 2021 1:24 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Laundry day as soon as I get a move on. Later. Also will do a walk.

Do I understand that you walk for exercise?

I forget how many floors high your current place is.

Have you been able to walk down a few stories of stairs each day as part of your routine?
How about climbing up at least one floor each day?



It is part exercise and part just to get errands done like grocery shopping or any appointments that I have for the week. Also I do not drive so I have to walk where I need to or take a bus.

This building has eleven floors and I only walk up or down the full 10 flights of stairs when the elevators are out.

I get plenty of exercise working and doing what I have to do for myself.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, June 7, 2021 6:16 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Was up most of the night in pain until it finally subsided enough for me to sleep. Then I slept most of the day. Great.

I won't be eating tonight. Maybe not for a few days.

Tomorrow I'm going to call the dentist and find out how potentially bad it would be if I were to take a needle to it.

--------------------------------------------------

Give me liberty or just come shoot me in my house. I'm so over this ridiculous reality.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, June 7, 2021 6:23 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Hey JSF. Not sure if you saw it from yesterday, but I'm buying a 100ft braided tube for the pump. All three of the big home improvement stores only sell 1/2" ID braid in 10ft lengths or 100ft lengths. 10 feet ain't going to cut it.

I can get 100ft on Amazon now for around $66, which is quite a bit cheaper than in-store anywhere. The 10ft lenghts in store go for around $11 to $17 each.

A lot more money than I wanted to spend on this, but I'll have plenty of good tube.


ETA: It's $60 before tax. Not $66.

I just talked to my old man and he's interested in seeing how it works. He had an event around 15 years ago where he was bailing water out of his own well and he said he'd never be able to do that again.

I told him that I've got plenty of tube for him if he wants to get a cheap pump, but he'd probably want to get a few extra batteries to have on standby and/or find out if any of his neighbors have a genny that he could piggyback off of with a corded drill.


--------------------------------------------------

Give me liberty or just come shoot me in my house. I'm so over this ridiculous reality.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, June 7, 2021 7:41 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Hey JSF. Not sure if you saw it from yesterday, but I'm buying a 100ft braided tube for the pump. All three of the big home improvement stores only sell 1/2" ID braid in 10ft lengths or 100ft lengths. 10 feet ain't going to cut it.

I can get 100ft on Amazon now for around $66, which is quite a bit cheaper than in-store anywhere. The 10ft lenghts in store go for around $11 to $17 each.

A lot more money than I wanted to spend on this, but I'll have plenty of good tube.


ETA: It's $60 before tax. Not $66.

I just talked to my old man and he's interested in seeing how it works. He had an event around 15 years ago where he was bailing water out of his own well and he said he'd never be able to do that again.

I told him that I've got plenty of tube for him if he wants to get a cheap pump, but he'd probably want to get a few extra batteries to have on standby and/or find out if any of his neighbors have a genny that he could piggyback off of with a corded drill.

I saw.

1/4" ID should have been plenty for the vacuum section, from well to the doorway. The output section would have worked fine for the cheap clear vinyl hose, 1/2 or whatever size. 2 of the 20' pieces would have gotten you from well to your doorway. $23 for 40 feet.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-2-in-O-D-x-1-4-in-I-D-x-20-ft-P
VC-Braided-Vinyl-Tube-HKP002-PVC005/303132521


https://www.homedepot.com/p/HYDROMAXX-1-4-in-I-D-x-3-8-in-O-D-x-100-ft
-Braided-Clear-Non-Toxic-High-Pressure-Reinforced-PVC-Vinyl-Tubing-1531014100/311925996?MERCH=REC-_-pip_alternatives-_-303132521-_-311925996-_-N



At least you will have some use of the extra, giving it to your dad.

Have him only get the $17 pump, no need for more.

Do you or he go to used tool stores, or garage sales? Or do you either have a Speed Handle? At least for your dad, have him get a Speed Handle and the correct adapter for the drill pump. Set it up and test it, he may want to make a little cubby notch or hole to set the handle tip into, and then just crank on the handle, or else actually mount the pump on a spot. Then there is no need for a powered drill.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, June 7, 2021 10:20 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Quote:

I saw.

1/4" ID should have been plenty for the vacuum section, from well to the doorway.




The pump I have is for 1/2" ID. Didn't occur to me until just now that I probably could have bought some adapters that would have made it use 1/4". Oh well.

Quote:

The output section would have worked fine for the cheap clear vinyl hose, 1/2 or whatever size. 2 of the 20' pieces would have gotten you from well to your doorway. $23 for 40 feet.


Yeah. I saw that they sold 1/4" ID in 20ft lengths. I figured I could have bought 3 10ft lengths of the 1/2" ID and a few male/male couplers to join them, but at that point I'm paying around $35 -$40 for 30ft of tube without even pricing the couplers, so I decided to just go with the 100ft. It was normally around $78 for 100ft, but they were something like 27% off right now (and listed by Amazon as the lowest price in 30 days).

This way, I can play around a bit. Maybe I could put a coupler somewhere and use some extra to put it out the front of the house by the kitchen from under the sink too if I wanted to, and I could just cap off whatever end I didn't want it feeding out. I've got plenty of hose to play with and still have a lot left over for my dad.

This pump is rated to push feet 15 meters up, so I probably have some options for a system that can do multiple things.


Quote:

At least you will have some use of the extra, giving it to your dad.

Have him only get the $17 pump, no need for more.



Yeah. I'll show it to him once I show him mine in action. I'm sure he'll want one.

Quote:

Do you or he go to used tool stores, or garage sales? Or do you either have a Speed Handle? At least for your dad, have him get a Speed Handle and the correct adapter for the drill pump. Set it up and test it, he may want to make a little cubby notch or hole to set the handle tip into, and then just crank on the handle, or else actually mount the pump on a spot. Then there is no need for a powered drill.



I don't have a speed handle. I'm guessing that he doesn't. I don't think he ever touched a tool until he was well into his 40s. Between me and one of my brothers over the years though we've gotten him at least a little interested in tools and he did start doing DIY stuff after he retired, although I don't think he gets any pleasure out of the work like I do.

I always say I'm going to do garage sales, but I never do. The Goodwill by me sometimes has some good things, but they had nothing the last few times I went.


That's a good idea with the speed handle though if that's capable of actually sucking out the water by hand.

--------------------------------------------------

Give me liberty or just come shoot me in my house. I'm so over this ridiculous reality.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, June 7, 2021 10:22 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


I ended up at least painting the first coat on the back side of the discs tonight. One more coat ought to do it, so I should be getting the contact paper on the day after and getting them installed.

Cutting circles should be fun with these unsteady hands.

--------------------------------------------------

Give me liberty or just come shoot me in my house. I'm so over this ridiculous reality.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, June 7, 2021 11:57 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Got my yellow waterproof paint marker and a Wye coupler for the hose bib with individual shut off valves coming too.

I figure that since the "universal" donut washer I had to use on the stem valve is obviously a tad too big for the job it's not going to last forever. With this coupler installed I should only have to turn the spigot on once in the spring and turn it off once in late fall instead of on and off 6 times whenever I want to change to a spray bottle for the weeds and back to the spray nozzle.

--------------------------------------------------

Give me liberty or just come shoot me in my house. I'm so over this ridiculous reality.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, June 8, 2021 2:08 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Was up most of the night in pain until it finally subsided enough for me to sleep. Then I slept most of the day. Great.

I won't be eating tonight. Maybe not for a few days.

Tomorrow I'm going to call the dentist and find out how potentially bad it would be if I were to take a needle to it.

--------------------------------------------------

Give me liberty or just come shoot me in my house. I'm so over this ridiculous reality.

Blister? Infection?

Either way, rinsing with salt water might help.

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

THUGR posts about Putin so much, he must be in love.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, June 8, 2021 10:40 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Was up most of the night in pain until it finally subsided enough for me to sleep. Then I slept most of the day. Great.

I won't be eating tonight. Maybe not for a few days.

Tomorrow I'm going to call the dentist and find out how potentially bad it would be if I were to take a needle to it.

--------------------------------------------------

Give me liberty or just come shoot me in my house. I'm so over this ridiculous reality.

Blister? Infection?

Either way, rinsing with salt water might help.

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

THUGR posts about Putin so much, he must be in love.



It's a blister. It's from the pressure I put on the roof of my mouth by subconsciously rocking the dentures, often to the beat of music. Whenever I catch myself doing it I stop it, but I find myself doing it all the time.

I rarely get headaches, and I was thinking that was what was causing them earlier in the week. It finally came to a head in the form of a very nasty blood blister the other night, which I made about 100 times worse when I forced myself to eat. It was so bad I could feel my pulse in it if I put my thumb against it.

I haven't had solid food in about 36 hours now. It doesn't hurt anymore, but it's still there. It's obvious the pressure has gone way down to about 50%. Putting in my tops isn't going to happen for at least a few more days if I don't pop it for sure, but popping it might make the situation worse so I'm just doing nothing with it right now.


It's more of an inconvenience than anything at this point now that it no longer hurts as long as the top isn't in. You don't realize how great it feels to be pain free when you just came off of something that hurt so incessantly that you can't even go to sleep.

I feel like a million bucks by comparison, aside from the fact that I can't eat solid food right now and I'm too vain to go out in public without them in.

--------------------------------------------------

Give me liberty or just come shoot me in my house. I'm so over this ridiculous reality.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, June 8, 2021 10:45 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK


I've got another new toy coming, but it's going to hold me back on putting those lazy susans back together.

What I was hoping to find was a compass style fabric cutter to make perfect circle cuts on the contact paper, but I couldn't find one with a diameter of more than around 12.5". I need at least 17.5". So I looked at compass style drywall cutters. They only went up to 16". (Which is really a shame, since I could DEFINITELY find other uses for that after I'm done with this).

I finally settled on a glass/tile cutter that has nearly a 24" diameter max.

I am pretty sure that the glass cutter itself won't cut through the paper, but I have some scraps to try it on. I figure it shouldn't be too hard to rig a blade on the end of it and use the glass cutter as a guide wheel. It only cost a few bucks, so hopefully I can make it work.

--------------------------------------------------

Give me liberty or just come shoot me in my house. I'm so over this ridiculous reality.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, June 8, 2021 1:36 PM

BRENDA


Walk and recycling to get done. Later peeps.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, June 8, 2021 1:48 PM

1KIKI

Goodbye, kind world (George Monbiot) - In common with all those generations which have contemplated catastrophe, we appear to be incapable of understanding what confronts us.



See 'ya!


NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, June 8, 2021 5:25 PM

BRENDA


Surprise, surprise. A nice, dry day out when the weather people were calling for rain. Mayhap they are wrong for the rest of this week.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, June 8, 2021 5:25 PM

BRENDA


All recycling done. Good thing I did it today as the bins are getting full.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, June 8, 2021 7:09 PM

1KIKI

Goodbye, kind world (George Monbiot) - In common with all those generations which have contemplated catastrophe, we appear to be incapable of understanding what confronts us.



I like watching This Old House because sometimes they showcase clever ideas. The last one I saw had about 'sandblasting' using dry ice. In traditional sandblasting, of course you end up with a huge pile of sand, contaminated with whatever you blasted off. In dry ice sandblasting, since the dry ice evaporates directly into a gas (without going though a liquid stage), you have a big pile of nothing! How clever! (The only limitation I can imagine is doing it indoors with inadequate ventilation. The evaporating dry ice could fill the space up with CO2 gas, displacing oxygen, and creating a suffocation hazard.)

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, June 8, 2021 7:29 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Yeah. I used to watch This Old House when I was a kid. I think I liked the song or something. Shame I grew up in a house where we used butter knives for screwdrivers and I never handled a hammer until I was 19.

Not sure what the show is like these days, but the website isn't great. I've been there a couple of times and their ideas that I've looked just weren't good for the applications I needed. I have some great channels I watch on YouTube. I even used to be subscribed to all of them and have vast DIY playlists.... but, yanno.



--------------------------------------------------

Give me liberty or just come shoot me in my house. I'm so over this ridiculous reality.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, June 8, 2021 7:30 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Peanut butter again for dinner tonight. :(

It's a lot better though. Maybe tomorrow. Hopefully?

--------------------------------------------------

Give me liberty or just come shoot me in my house. I'm so over this ridiculous reality.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, June 8, 2021 10:17 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


If I get the tool early enough tomorrow I might be putting in the Lazy Susans before it gets dark. They're all painted and ready to go along with the existing drawers that I don't have to build from scratch.



--------------------------------------------------

Give me liberty or just come shoot me in my house. I'm so over this ridiculous reality.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, June 9, 2021 4:04 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Peanut butter again for dinner tonight. :(

It's a lot better though. Maybe tomorrow. Hopefully?

--------------------------------------------------

Give me liberty or just come shoot me in my house. I'm so over this ridiculous reality.

I hope so SIX!

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

THUGR posts about Putin so much, he must be in love.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, June 9, 2021 4:07 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Surprise, surprise. A nice, dry day out when the weather people were calling for rain. Mayhap they are wrong for the rest of this week.

Good deal! Just as long it doesn't turn into a drought, and then fires...

Quote:

All recycling done. Good thing I did it today as the bins are getting full.
Know the feeling. We recycle a LOT.

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

THUGR posts about Putin so much, he must be in love.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, June 9, 2021 4:07 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


Quote:

Originally posted by 1KIKI:

I like watching This Old House because sometimes they showcase clever ideas. The last one I saw had about 'sandblasting' using dry ice. In traditional sandblasting, of course you end up with a huge pile of sand, contaminated with whatever you blasted off. In dry ice sandblasting, since the dry ice evaporates directly into a gas (without going though a liquid stage), you have a big pile of nothing! How clever! (The only limitation I can imagine is doing it indoors with inadequate ventilation. The evaporating dry ice could fill the space up with CO2 gas, displacing oxygen, and creating a suffocation hazard.)

Well, what a clever idea!

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

THUGR posts about Putin so much, he must be in love.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, June 9, 2021 4:16 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


I had a day knocked out of my schedule bc hubby wound up in urgent care (again) with pneumonia (again) last Saturday. I feel like I know what the problem is (regurgitation at night) but this is something a doctor needs to look at bc the possibilities range from some as simple as an ulcer to something as bad as cancer. So hubby will go get a preliminary exam tomorrow and hopefully a recommendation for a good GI doctor.

Aside from that I've been busy with a bunch of stuff, it seems, running around in different directions. But I got those cantaloupes planted, the weeds are slowly getting whittled, doing the very two-week housecleaning, and tomorrow dear daughter and I are going to re-stain that one leg that's too light (she thinks) and turn the dresser rightside up so we can start putting things away. I also ordered a spray oil-based spar varnish (It was the only clear oil-based coating that came as a spray) to finish the legs with because I suspect that if I try to apply with a brush or rag I'll just be wiping off the stain that we put on.

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

THUGR posts about Putin so much, he must be in love.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, June 9, 2021 9:57 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Peanut butter again for dinner tonight. :(

It's a lot better though. Maybe tomorrow. Hopefully?

--------------------------------------------------

Give me liberty or just come shoot me in my house. I'm so over this ridiculous reality.

I hope so SIX!



Me too.

I feel like a clogged drain right now.

--------------------------------------------------

Give me liberty or just come shoot me in my house. I'm so over this ridiculous reality.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, June 9, 2021 1:12 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


Seen some unusual birds (for this area), altho they're common elsewhere: black Phoebes, juncos, butterbutts (yellow warblers). Sparrows like our front yard now that we have two large bushes and one tree-sized bush. I guess they feel safer if there's only a short flying distance between one safe spot and another. I hear them chattering together in the afternoon.

We had a couple of days of cool weather so I took the oppy to deep water the xeric area, which will be the last watering for at least a month.

Summer is definitely here: steady ramp up in temperature over the next week from 77 today to a predicted high of 97 by next Tuesday, with only a slight cool down three days following.

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

THUGR posts about Putin so much, he must be in love.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, June 9, 2021 1:13 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Surprise, surprise. A nice, dry day out when the weather people were calling for rain. Mayhap they are wrong for the rest of this week.

Good deal! Just as long it doesn't turn into a drought, and then fires...

Quote:

All recycling done. Good thing I did it today as the bins are getting full.

Know the feeling. We recycle a LOT.

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

THUGR posts about Putin so much, he must be in love.



Well, they are talking drought up here. Where I am and up into the Interior of the Province. Not good. I would have to look up how many wild fires have already been reported in BC but I do remember the number is higher.

Yeah, it was some stray cereal boxes and a couple of tv magazines along with washed out cans. I don't eat a lot of canned food but I do eat canned salmon, a bit of soup and alternative milks containers are also recyclable up here. So there were a couple of them and a couple of small tins that had tomato paste in them.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, June 9, 2021 1:14 PM

BRENDA


Out in a bit, things to do. Later peeps.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, June 9, 2021 7:45 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


Managed to finish our biweekly cleaning, and stain the dresser legs darker. The legs... that was progress.

Every day, some progress.


-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

THUGR posts about Putin so much, he must be in love.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, June 9, 2021 7:57 PM

1KIKI

Goodbye, kind world (George Monbiot) - In common with all those generations which have contemplated catastrophe, we appear to be incapable of understanding what confronts us.



Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
Sparrows like our front yard now that we have two large bushes and one tree-sized bush. I guess they feel safer if there's only a short flying distance between one safe spot and another. I hear them chattering together in the afternoon.

I have a really large privet that planted itself. I intend to remove it in order to replace the fence, but I'll replant another one a few feet over when the work is done. Even though it's a real garden thug (it'll take some work to keep one in bounds!), and it's a non-native, I want one because it's blooming right now, in the gap between the Catalina Island/ holly-leaf cherries and the crape myrtle.

I always thought it would be a nice nesting area, because it's evergreen, so the birds don't have to wait for it to leaf out so they can build. But I've only seen one nest in it ever, even though birds definitely use it as a vestibule before they hop on the ground for whatever. It occurred to me today that maybe it's not 'twiggy' enough for nesting.

I do intend to plant a LOT of native shrubs like lemonadeberry, coffeeberry, sugarbush, etc, so I hope they're more to the birds' liking.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, June 10, 2021 4:15 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


You can have my sugarbush. I don't know what's wrong, if it's the spot, the planting, or the bush itself but it has barely grown 2feet in five years.

OTOH my Island Oak (Q. tomentella) is turning into a real tree.

*****

There is a front yard that I admire when I walk the dog in a certain direction. I would never do it myself, but the walkway to the front door has a white arch over it, and the plants along the side that are blooming right now are beautiful shell pink geraniums, sea lettuce (statice), pink hollyhocks, what looks like Shasta daisy and others. The woman of the house was there. I've stopped by and spoken to her from time to time, she invited me to her backyard once to see her David Austin roses.

Anyway, I haven't seen her in a while, so when I saw her today I asked how she was doing and heard that her beloved dog just died after 6 weeks of kidney failure. Turns out that this dog was eating morning glory (convolvulus) seeds which are toxic to dogs. I have that growing in our backyard. It planted itself (along, btw, with cheatgrass, pale pink/yellow/lavendar lantana, verbena bonariensis, and a few other volunteers), AAACK!

I have been mostly ripping it out bc it tends to strangle my other plants, but I did save some seedlings in two pots and was going to let them scramble up the palm trees bc dd loves them so much but ... not anymore!

Anyway, in addition to talking about her dog, she wanted to talk about gardening (as a distraction, I guess, so she would stop crying) and I asked her about a particularly pretty little shrub by her walkway and she gave me one. That was very sweet of her.

I think I IDed it as pink maguerite daisy, and it's a beautiful little thing. There aremany pictures online with a lot of variations. Some have narrower petals, some wider, some are pinker, some are semi-doubled. The pcture that looks the closest can'tbe linked directly, but this is the second-closest



When I return the pot I'm going to give her a sympathy card. I've had to put three of my pets to sleep and it was a painful loss. We do grow to love our pets.





-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

THUGR posts about Putin so much, he must be in love.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, June 10, 2021 9:20 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Glad you're all making progress this week.

Mine has been steady yet pretty minimal since I haven't been able to eat solid food. Last night I still didn't want to risk even trying. I might have to go another day now too. The pain is practically gone, but I can still feel the residuals of the blister up there and if I were to even attempt putting the tops in I think it would hurt almost immediately. The last thing I want to do is force it too early and revert back another 5 days of healing.


I got that circular glass cutter unit. There's zero chance the glass cutting "blade" would cut through paper. But when I looked at it yesterday I have some hope that I'll be able to modify it. I think it might be possible for me to replace that wheel/blade with a tip from my Xacto knife set.

I'm going to mow today since it was a week since I put the weed n feed down. It didn't really take as much as I'd have liked it to. I think everything was too short when I sprayed.

I figure I'll mow today and about 4-5 days from now go out and spray the worst parts again.


I hope to get the lazy susans installed at some point today. I'd really like to start on those doors so I can finally move on to something else. Nearly everything left to do on my house is going to be less time consuming than those cabinets were.


--------------------------------------------------

Give me liberty or just come shoot me in my house. I'm so over this ridiculous reality.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, June 10, 2021 10:13 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


Dd discovered 3 large zucchini in the garden, and the only way to use those up is zucchini lasagna (or zucchini parmagiana, whichever way you think of it), Alfredo style since 2/3 people in the house have a problem with tomato.

I'll say, according to the family it turned out GREAT. Using zucchini as "noodles" is a PITA bc I have to remove the seeds and most of the skin, slice them thin lengthwise, soften them in the microwave then egg dip the, dredge them in flour/parmesan mix and lightly pan fry them to golden brown. But it was TASTEEEE as dd says: the filling was ground turkey mixed with (a lot of) leftover cooked spinach and commercial Alfredo sauce powder and topped with shredded "Italian blend" cheese, so in one dish I got two vegetables (ion dark green, the other not so much) and we had cherries for desert, which was the non-green other color (cherries are in season here, and on sale).

I'm DEFINITELY going to have to patrol that zucchinin patch more thoroughly and catch them when they're still store-sized!

Cucumbers are filling out, but the tomtoes are stubbornly geen. Beets are quite large; I'm going to have to thin them ago (I see more greens in our future), carrots are growing quite nicely. Onions are ... growing. Going to plant the pepper plants that I started from seed since that's the other thing that I use quite a bit that's kind of expensive. Next year, tho, I think I'll substitute garlic and green onions for regular onions, since regular onions are relatively cheap but the other stuff is kind of specialty. I never did get to plnt the watermelon, and they take SOOO long to ripen I doubt I would get much in a season (and last year's one end-of-season watermelon was a disappointment) but I think we'll be OK with cantaloupe.

I predict our veggie bill will go down this summer. Too bad I can't raise a cow in the backyard. Maybe chickens?

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

THUGR posts about Putin so much, he must be in love.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, June 10, 2021 1:24 PM

BRENDA


Long day. First off appointment at the hearing aide place then work.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, June 10, 2021 1:25 PM

BRENDA


It rained some over and night and this morning early so I will take my umbrella with me to be on the safe side.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, June 10, 2021 3:37 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
Dd discovered 3 large zucchini in the garden, and the only way to use those up is zucchini lasagna (or zucchini parmagiana, whichever way you think of it), Alfredo style since 2/3 people in the house have a problem with tomato.

I'll say, according to the family it turned out GREAT. Using zucchini as "noodles" is a PITA bc I have to remove the seeds and most of the skin, slice them thin lengthwise, soften them in the microwave then egg dip the, dredge them in flour/parmesan mix and lightly pan fry them to golden brown. But it was TASTEEEE as dd says: the filling was ground turkey mixed with (a lot of) leftover cooked spinach and commercial Alfredo sauce powder and topped with shredded "Italian blend" cheese, so in one dish I got two vegetables (ion dark green, the other not so much) and we had cherries for desert, which was the non-green other color (cherries are in season here, and on sale).

I'm DEFINITELY going to have to patrol that zucchinin patch more thoroughly and catch them when they're still store-sized!

Cucumbers are filling out, but the tomtoes are stubbornly geen. Beets are quite large; I'm going to have to thin them ago (I see more greens in our future), carrots are growing quite nicely. Onions are ... growing. Going to plant the pepper plants that I started from seed since that's the other thing that I use quite a bit that's kind of expensive. Next year, tho, I think I'll substitute garlic and green onions for regular onions, since regular onions are relatively cheap but the other stuff is kind of specialty. I never did get to plnt the watermelon, and they take SOOO long to ripen I doubt I would get much in a season (and last year's one end-of-season watermelon was a disappointment) but I think we'll be OK with cantaloupe.

I predict our veggie bill will go down this summer. Too bad I can't raise a cow in the backyard. Maybe chickens?

How about rabbits? They multiply. Might help you get rid of your weeds.

Are all beets the same? A few years ago I had some beets at a restaurant. They were cubed, about an inch or more per side. But they were cooked such that they were almost bursting, bulging on every side. Very tasty.

Is honeydew melon suitable to your climate? When I was a kid, come ripening season, we had muskmelon for every meal, for a 5 person family. Sometimes a half melon per kid per meal. That was back when we all put salt on everything, including cantaloupe.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, June 10, 2021 5:14 PM

1KIKI

Goodbye, kind world (George Monbiot) - In common with all those generations which have contemplated catastrophe, we appear to be incapable of understanding what confronts us.



I'm slowly, slowly beginning to reform my awful sleep schedule.

First a train of thought ... when doctors want to know how you feel when you get up - rested, energetic, or not ... they might really mean how you feel a half hour after you get up (but before coffee). Because there's such a thing as sleep inertia. I've REALLY seen it in a few people who wake up super grumpy until some times goes by, and I've experienced it myself.

But maybe there's sleep inertia in the opposite direction, wakefulness inertia, as in when you're awake you stay awake. Because if there is, I have that. Once I'm up I routinely stay awake for 24 hours and up to 36 hours, which makes getting to sleep at a reasonable time impossible.

But lately I've been going out and doing yardwork for an hour before noon. And while I'm still not getting to sleep before 3AM, at least it's not 10AM ... or later.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, June 10, 2021 10:36 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


I got one of the lazy susans up and it's AWESOME.

It's better than new. You can't buy this at a store. Pure custom work really paying off in spades now.


The glass cutter worked great for scoring my contact paper circles. I still had to cut it with scissors carefully, but you can't even tell there's contact paper on them let alone see any minor defects in circle cutting.

I picked up some new hex bolts after installing the first one. The old system had 4 different types for 6 discs. When I do the other one tomorrow I'll re-mount the first one I did today and I'll have 6 identical hexes on both units.


Finally mowed my lawn, a week after the weed and feed. It actually looks much better than the last time it was mowed. It had gotten so out of hand this isn't going to be fixed in one season. In 2 or 3 years it should be a healthy lawn though.





Got my tube today. I should be able to work on the drill pump setup this weekend or early next week. Also got that paint pen. Waterproof.

--------------------------------------------------

Give me liberty or just come shoot me in my house. I'm so over this ridiculous reality.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, June 10, 2021 11:17 PM

BRENDA


Hearing aides are okay. Mostly just me needing to get used to them.

Think my boss is jealous of me. The reason I am thinking on this is because before I left today she commented that I don't have much in the way of gray in my hair. She's had a lot of gray in her hair since she was in her late 50s and now it is going slightly whiter and more.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, June 11, 2021 9:19 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Hearing aides are okay. Mostly just me needing to get used to them.

Think my boss is jealous of me. The reason I am thinking on this is because before I left today she commented that I don't have much in the way of gray in my hair. She's had a lot of gray in her hair since she was in her late 50s and now it is going slightly whiter and more.



Hehe.

--------------------------------------------------

Give me liberty or just come shoot me in my house. I'm so over this ridiculous reality.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, June 11, 2021 10:10 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Time to get that other Susan up and start painting my doors today.


I think I might mix up a batch of weed killer at some point. The hasta beds and the sand pit could use a little juice. Might as well hit the curbs while I'm at it, although mine look pretty good since I'm one of about 3 people on my block who ever do it.


Man... it's nice not having to spray a gallon of weed killer on driveway cracks anymore.



--------------------------------------------------

Give me liberty or just come shoot me in my house. I'm so over this ridiculous reality.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, June 11, 2021 12:28 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


Quote:

Originally posted by 1KIKI:

I'm slowly, slowly beginning to reform my awful sleep schedule.

Good for you!

Quote:

First a train of thought ... when doctors want to know how you feel when you get up - rested, energetic, or not ... they might really mean how you feel a half hour after you get up (but before coffee). Because there's such a thing as sleep inertia. I've REALLY seen it in a few people who wake up super grumpy until some times goes by, and I've experienced it myself.
Must be dear daughter's problem. she doesn't even start talking until an hour or so after she gets out of her room.

Quote:

But maybe there's sleep inertia in the opposite direction, wakefulness inertia, as in when you're awake you stay awake. Because if there is, I have that. Once I'm up I routinely stay awake for 24 hours and up to 36 hours, which makes getting to sleep at a reasonable time impossible.
I just CAN'T imagine staying up for 24 hours at a time! After about 14-16 hours or so, the sandman comes and hits me over the head.

Quote:

But lately I've been going out and doing yardwork for an hour before noon. And while I'm still not getting to sleep before 3AM, at least it's not 10AM ... or later.

I usually fall asleep quickly, but then I wake up at stupid o'clock. Sometimes it's after 2 hours of sleep, or 4, or 5 ... the faster I wake up, the more uncomfortable I am, and it's almost always bc of a subtly stuffy nose. Not SO stuffy that I can't breathe thru it, just stuffy enough to make breathing more difficult. I've learned to rinse and decongest my nose well before bedtime, and spray it with fluticasone right before bed so I don't get "rebound" stuffiness at night. And this is AFTER two sinus surgeries and trimmed turbinates and years of allergy shots and taking cetirizine every day.

Are you sure that you don't have a subtly stuffy nose??

*****

Anyway, I'm sure that you've tried everything: cool dark room, comfortable mattress, right amount of food (or not) before bed, not staring at a screen an hour b4 bed etc etc. Since we are also trying to reform dear daughter's sleep schedule (lights out at 2 AM, out of bed at 11:30 AM) in your opinion, what were the most successful steps? I realize that quite often there is no ONE thing, you have to do them all.


BTW, I'm seriously thinking of getting a weighted blanket for her.

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

THUGR posts about Putin so much, he must be in love.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, June 11, 2021 12:59 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


Quote:

SIGNYM:
Dd discovered 3 large zucchini in the garden, and the only way to use those up is zucchini lasagna (or zucchini parmagiana, whichever way you think of it), Alfredo style since 2/3 people in the house have a problem with tomato.

I'll say, according to the family it turned out GREAT. Using zucchini as "noodles" is a PITA bc I have to remove the seeds and most of the skin, slice them thin lengthwise, soften them in the microwave then egg dip the, dredge them in flour/parmesan mix and lightly pan fry them to golden brown. But it was TASTEEEE as dd says: the filling was ground turkey mixed with (a lot of) leftover cooked spinach and commercial Alfredo sauce powder and topped with shredded "Italian blend" cheese, so in one dish I got two vegetables (ion dark green, the other not so much) and we had cherries for desert, which was the non-green other color (cherries are in season here, and on sale).

I'm DEFINITELY going to have to patrol that zucchinin patch more thoroughly and catch them when they're still store-sized!

Cucumbers are filling out, but the tomtoes are stubbornly geen. Beets are quite large; I'm going to have to thin them ago (I see more greens in our future), carrots are growing quite nicely. Onions are ... growing. Going to plant the pepper plants that I started from seed since that's the other thing that I use quite a bit that's kind of expensive. Next year, tho, I think I'll substitute garlic and green onions for regular onions, since regular onions are relatively cheap but the other stuff is kind of specialty. I never did get to plnt the watermelon, and they take SOOO long to ripen I doubt I would get much in a season (and last year's one end-of-season watermelon was a disappointment) but I think we'll be OK with cantaloupe.

I predict our veggie bill will go down this summer. Too bad I can't raise a cow in the backyard. Maybe chickens?

JSF: How about rabbits? They multiply. Might help you get rid of your weeds.

Interesting thought!

Quote:

Are all beets the same? A few years ago I had some beets at a restaurant. They were cubed, about an inch or more per side. But they were cooked such that they were almost bursting, bulging on every side. Very tasty.
There are a lot of varieties of beets: different colors (yellow, candy striped, pink to deep purple), maturity dates and flavors. I wish I knew how those beets were cooked! It sounds like a cooking technique.

Quote:

JSF: Is honeydew melon suitable to your climate? When I was a kid, come ripening season, we had muskmelon for every meal, for a 5 person family. Sometimes a half melon per kid per meal. That was back when we all put salt on everything, including cantaloupe.
Oh, definitely. ALL melons are suitable here. The trick is to get the long-maturing ones into the ground by May.

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

THUGR posts about Putin so much, he must be in love.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, June 11, 2021 1:33 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Hearing aides are okay. Mostly just me needing to get used to them.

Think my boss is jealous of me. The reason I am thinking on this is because before I left today she commented that I don't have much in the way of gray in my hair. She's had a lot of gray in her hair since she was in her late 50s and now it is going slightly whiter and more.



Hehe.

--------------------------------------------------

Give me liberty or just come shoot me in my house. I'm so over this ridiculous reality.



It was one of her odder comments to me along with my news about my health being good for another year to which she added, "God willing." They know I don't truck with their religion.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, June 11, 2021 1:35 PM

BRENDA


Out for my walk. Couple of things to do today that were sidelined by work yesterday.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, June 11, 2021 2:02 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


Quote:

Brenda:
Hearing aides are okay. Mostly just me needing to get used to them.
Think my boss is jealous of me. The reason I am thinking on this is because before I left today she commented that I don't have much in the way of gray in my hair. She's had a lot of gray in her hair since she was in her late 50s and now it is going slightly whiter and more.

SIX:
Hehe.


BRENDA: It was one of her odder comments to me along with my news about my health being good for another year to which she added, "God willing." They know I don't truck with their religion.

Are yo sure she just wasn't giving you a compliment, and sincerely wishes for your continued good health?

In my aged years, I've gotten to be a lot more relaxed about religios expressions like "I'll pray for you" and "god willing". Mostly, they're just people saying "I hope things turn out/continue to go well for you" in a religious way, and I take it in the spirit in which it was intended.


-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

THUGR posts about Putin so much, he must be in love.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, June 11, 2021 2:03 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Time to get that other Susan up and start painting my doors today.


I think I might mix up a batch of weed killer at some point. The hasta beds and the sand pit could use a little juice. Might as well hit the curbs while I'm at it, although mine look pretty good since I'm one of about 3 people on my block who ever do it.


Man... it's nice not having to spray a gallon of weed killer on driveway cracks anymore.



--------------------------------------------------

Give me liberty or just come shoot me in my house. I'm so over this ridiculous reality.

Sounds like progress on all fronts, SIX!

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

THUGR posts about Putin so much, he must be in love.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, June 11, 2021 2:06 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


Oh BTW KIKI, so far, in that head-to-head comparison of corn gluten to pendimethalin, they seem to come out about even.

Altho I HAVE seen seed-eating birds peck at the corn gluten!

What I got was Epsoma U of Iowa certified organic corn gluten, 25 lbs. I'm going to try it under the avocados too.

*****

Got a big charcoal gray 3'X5' mat for just inside the front door, to replace the worn-out rug that we had which had lost its "no slip" backing and was a slip hazard, and had gotten thin and was impossible to clean.

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

THUGR posts about Putin so much, he must be in love.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, June 11, 2021 4:48 PM

1KIKI

Goodbye, kind world (George Monbiot) - In common with all those generations which have contemplated catastrophe, we appear to be incapable of understanding what confronts us.



Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
Seen some unusual birds (for this area), altho they're common elsewhere: black Phoebes, juncos, butterbutts (yellow warblers).

Black Phoebes are very common here! And I've seen butterbutts fairly often in fall, in groups of quick-moving tiny birds.
Quote:

Sparrows like our front yard now that we have two large bushes and one tree-sized bush. I guess they feel safer if there's only a short flying distance between one safe spot and another. I hear them chattering together in the afternoon.
I used to maintain 2 bird baths, a large one in the shade, and a smaller one in the sun. The large birds liked the larger one where they would bathe in individual dignified silence, but the sparrows would have noisy group pool parties!! But I have to say, it took many months 4-6 before the birds 'found' them.
Quote:

Summer is definitely here: steady ramp up in temperature over the next week from 77 today to a predicted high of 97 by next Tuesday, with only a slight cool down three days following.
Thanks for the heads-up. I looked and my area will be undergoing that same transition.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, June 11, 2021 4:56 PM

1KIKI

Goodbye, kind world (George Monbiot) - In common with all those generations which have contemplated catastrophe, we appear to be incapable of understanding what confronts us.



Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:

Well, they are talking drought up here. Where I am and up into the Interior of the Province. Not good. I would have to look up how many wild fires have already been reported in BC but I do remember the number is higher.

Drought. Sigh. No bueno.
Quote:

Yeah, it was some stray cereal boxes and a couple of tv magazines along with washed out cans. I don't eat a lot of canned food but I do eat canned salmon, a bit of soup and alternative milks containers are also recyclable up here. So there were a couple of them and a couple of small tins that had tomato paste in them.
Quote:

Out in a bit, things to do. Later peeps.
It sounds like you're doing well with keeping in keeping on!

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
In the garden, and RAIN!!!!
Mon, May 16, 2022 23:47 - 10511 posts
Russian losses in Ukraine
Mon, May 16, 2022 23:07 - 306 posts
Punishing Russia With Sanctions
Mon, May 16, 2022 21:17 - 320 posts
Another Putin Disaster
Mon, May 16, 2022 16:10 - 1324 posts
Abortion
Sun, May 15, 2022 11:03 - 194 posts
Shootings!
Sun, May 15, 2022 09:02 - 117 posts
Some Covid-19 thoughts
Sun, May 15, 2022 04:53 - 3731 posts
I'm surprised there's not an inflation thread yet
Sat, May 14, 2022 23:05 - 234 posts
Buffalo NYC Shooter. Terrorist and Disturbed reddit user goes on a mass shooting, posts unicorns, azov battalion logos and 180 page manifesto before murdering people in a mass shooting
Sat, May 14, 2022 23:01 - 2 posts
Baby formula shows that no policy is an island
Sat, May 14, 2022 19:02 - 2 posts
The Texas Disaster
Sat, May 14, 2022 13:27 - 117 posts
Russia keeps threatening with nukes
Sat, May 14, 2022 10:01 - 75 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL