REAL WORLD EVENT DISCUSSIONS

A thread for Democrats Only

POSTED BY: THGRRI
UPDATED: Tuesday, December 1, 2020 11:36
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 182091
PAGE 84 of 89

Monday, October 19, 2020 8:52 AM

THG


T

Stupid people don't know they're stupid, and they certainly don't realize how obvious it is to others.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, October 19, 2020 8:54 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Reposted, since it was buried by idiot Ted ^

Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Quote:

Originally posted by second:
$4.4 trillion in losses due to premature deaths (assuming a relatively conservative statistical value of $7 million is placed on each life lost, and that current trajectories continue, which would lead to 625,000 cumulative deaths associated with the pandemic through next year in the United States);



That's a ridiculous number.

Nobody is putting $7 million on the life of old people riddled with other illnesses and weaknesses before they get the virus.

Nearly all of them don't work and haven't for quite some time. Nearly all of them are drawing from Social Security. Nearly all of them were already bleeding the healthcare system. Nearly all of them have organs that were used for a very long life and are worthless as transplants to healthy people when they pass. Absolutely none of them are pumping the amount of money required into a life insurance policy that would leave their family with $7 million when they die.

The fact that the article would state something so ludicrous makes the numbers they came up with for every other point suspect.

Do Right, Be Right. :)



Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, October 19, 2020 9:08 AM

REAVERFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Reposted, since it was buried by idiot Ted ^

Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Quote:

Originally posted by second:
$4.4 trillion in losses due to premature deaths (assuming a relatively conservative statistical value of $7 million is placed on each life lost, and that current trajectories continue, which would lead to 625,000 cumulative deaths associated with the pandemic through next year in the United States);



That's a ridiculous number.

Nobody is putting $7 million on the life of old people riddled with other illnesses and weaknesses before they get the virus.

Nearly all of them don't work and haven't for quite some time. Nearly all of them are drawing from Social Security. Nearly all of them were already bleeding the healthcare system. Nearly all of them have organs that were used for a very long life and are worthless as transplants to healthy people when they pass. Absolutely none of them are pumping the amount of money required into a life insurance policy that would leave their family with $7 million when they die.

The fact that the article would state something so ludicrous makes the numbers they came up with for every other point suspect.

Do Right, Be Right. :)



Do Right, Be Right. :)

And you still have no idea what you're talking about.



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, October 19, 2020 9:20 AM

REAVERFAN


How Fox News molds reality into a serialized TV drama
The No. 1 news network tells “stories” in a surprisingly similar fashion to a show like Lost.
https://www.vox.com/culture/21503196/fox-news-tv-drama-serialized-lost

If you spend a whole week watching five consecutive nights of a given Fox News program, especially in the network’s primetime lineup, you may notice something unusual: It’s structured like a soap opera. “Storylines” — the president’s strength in battling Covid-19, say — are layered throughout the week in a way where they can temporarily pause with a “payoff” on Thursday or Friday that will carry viewers forward into the next week. This serialization keeps viewers hooked, which is good for the network’s ratings. But it also creates an irresponsible view of how the world operates.

Consider the following storyline about the supposed evils of antifa — the principle of fighting against fascism, which Fox News has redefined as a global organization with shadowy, undefined aims — that Tucker Carlson’s program has used over and over in the last few years. Across a week, it will run, roughly, “Antifa is bad”; “Antifa is a threat to Republicans”; “Antifa is a threat to America”; “Antifa is a domestic terrorist organization and should be classified as such.” You can easily swap in any other left-leaning movement or cause in place of “antifa.” The story beats are always the same.

This method of “storytelling” — define a threat, elaborate on the threat, then propose a solution to said threat that will require viewers to keep tuning in to see how the proposed solution plays out — pops up everywhere on television, from soap operas to professional wrestling to primetime prestige series like Game of Thrones.

And it’s a mainstay on Fox News. The network’s most popular programs function less like nightly news reports and more like serialized dramas, where you have to watch every episode to really understand the “mythology.” There are so many villains and enemies in the Fox News “universe” that if you miss anything, you might not know who’s who. It’s similar to a program like Lost, where half the intrigue stems from trying to figure out how the pieces all fit together.



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, October 19, 2020 9:51 AM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


If you place a low value on human life, there is no justification to do anything about safety. No justification for the existence of government run Medicare/Social Security/EMT/Fire Departments, etc. It will always be cheaper to kill a person than to spend money to prevent their death.

As of 2011, the Environmental Protection Agency set the value of a human life at $9.1 million. Meanwhile, the Food and Drug Administration put it at $7.9 million — and the Department of Transportation figure was around $6 million. Are any of these the right answer?
www.theglobalist.com/the-cost-of-a-human-life-statistically-speaking/

There is kind of an official price tag on human life. We can tell you what it is. One human life is worth about US$10 million.
www.npr.org/2020/04/23/843310123/how-government-agencies-determine-the
-dollar-value-of-human-life


How Much Is a Human Life Actually Worth?
As the US economy reopens amid a deadly pandemic, a dire question looms. Let's weigh the risks—and do the math.
In 1981, an economist named Kip Viscusi suggested using VSL to make these decisions. As he later wrote, the math was pretty simple. The odds said that about 1 in 10,000 Americans died on the job every year—a risk of 1/10,000. And in return, people got paid an extra $300 a year for incurring that risk. So OK: 10,000 workers get $3 million in total to risk one of them dying. The VSL was $3 million, or about $8.9 million adjusted for inflation. Today, estimates for VSL hover between $9 million and $11 million.
www.wired.com/story/how-much-is-human-life-worth-in-dollars/
Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Reposted, since it was buried by idiot Ted ^

Quote:

Originally posted by second:
$4.4 trillion in losses due to premature deaths (assuming a relatively conservative statistical value of $7 million is placed on each life lost, and that current trajectories continue, which would lead to 625,000 cumulative deaths associated with the pandemic through next year in the United States);



That's a ridiculous number.

Nobody is putting $7 million on the life of old people riddled with other illnesses and weaknesses before they get the virus.

Nearly all of them don't work and haven't for quite some time. Nearly all of them are drawing from Social Security. Nearly all of them were already bleeding the healthcare system. Nearly all of them have organs that were used for a very long life and are worthless as transplants to healthy people when they pass. Absolutely none of them are pumping the amount of money required into a life insurance policy that would leave their family with $7 million when they die.

The fact that the article would state something so ludicrous makes the numbers they came up with for every other point suspect.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

Voters, please wake up and take notice of The $16-Trillion Virus:

The costs through the fall of 2021, assuming the pandemic is largely controlled by then, break down as follows:

$7.6 trillion in lost economic output, according to estimates by the Congressional Budget Office;

$4.4 trillion in losses due to premature deaths (assuming a relatively conservative statistical value of $7 million is placed on each life lost, and that current trajectories continue, which would lead to 625,000 cumulative deaths associated with the pandemic through next year in the United States);

$2.6 trillion in health-care costs associated with long-term complications among survivors;

$1.6 trillion in increased mental-health costs attributable to the pandemic if the mental-health effects last just a year.

$16.2 trillion, is approximately 90 percent of the annual GDP of the United States, and far exceeds the costs associated with conventional recessions in this country.

www.harvardmagazine.com/2020/10/16-trillion-virus

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, October 19, 2020 10:35 AM

REAVERFAN


And now, some good news.





NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, October 19, 2020 11:02 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Is that your home country?

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, October 19, 2020 11:07 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by second:
If you place a low value on human life, there is no justification to do anything about safety. No justification for the existence of government run Medicare/Social Security/EMT/Fire Departments, etc. It will always be cheaper to kill a person than to spend money to prevent their death.

As of 2011, the Environmental Protection Agency set the value of a human life at $9.1 million. Meanwhile, the Food and Drug Administration put it at $7.9 million — and the Department of Transportation figure was around $6 million. Are any of these the right answer?
www.theglobalist.com/the-cost-of-a-human-life-statistically-speaking/

There is kind of an official price tag on human life. We can tell you what it is. One human life is worth about US$10 million.
www.npr.org/2020/04/23/843310123/how-government-agencies-determine-the
-dollar-value-of-human-life


How Much Is a Human Life Actually Worth?
As the US economy reopens amid a deadly pandemic, a dire question looms. Let's weigh the risks—and do the math.
In 1981, an economist named Kip Viscusi suggested using VSL to make these decisions. As he later wrote, the math was pretty simple. The odds said that about 1 in 10,000 Americans died on the job every year—a risk of 1/10,000. And in return, people got paid an extra $300 a year for incurring that risk. So OK: 10,000 workers get $3 million in total to risk one of them dying. The VSL was $3 million, or about $8.9 million adjusted for inflation. Today, estimates for VSL hover between $9 million and $11 million.
www.wired.com/story/how-much-is-human-life-worth-in-dollars/
Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Reposted, since it was buried by idiot Ted ^

Quote:

Originally posted by second:
$4.4 trillion in losses due to premature deaths (assuming a relatively conservative statistical value of $7 million is placed on each life lost, and that current trajectories continue, which would lead to 625,000 cumulative deaths associated with the pandemic through next year in the United States);



That's a ridiculous number.

Nobody is putting $7 million on the life of old people riddled with other illnesses and weaknesses before they get the virus.

Nearly all of them don't work and haven't for quite some time. Nearly all of them are drawing from Social Security. Nearly all of them were already bleeding the healthcare system. Nearly all of them have organs that were used for a very long life and are worthless as transplants to healthy people when they pass. Absolutely none of them are pumping the amount of money required into a life insurance policy that would leave their family with $7 million when they die.

The fact that the article would state something so ludicrous makes the numbers they came up with for every other point suspect.

Do Right, Be Right. :)



$4.4 trillion in losses due to premature deaths (assuming a relatively conservative statistical value of $7 million is placed on each life lost, and that current trajectories continue, which would lead to 625,000 cumulative deaths associated with the pandemic through next year in the United States);



You didn't address my point at all.

I'm going to assume that this $7 Million per life lost is an average for every single American, regardless of age and/or potential.

Most people on the bottom rung are never going to have the opportunity to output enough to even cover what they consumed, let alone $7 Million during the span of their entire lifetimes.

And most people by a large margin who have died of Covid were well past their prime, not even capable of any economic output, and spending the rest of their lives sucking at the teet.

Tell the author of that article to use real world factors instead of bastardizing numbers to make his or her point.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, October 19, 2020 11:15 AM

THG


Republicans are ready to remember they hate the deficit again under Joe Biden

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republicans-are-ready-to-remem
ber-they-hate-the-deficit-again-under-joe-biden/ar-BB1aaqXL?ocid=msedgntp


T

Stupid people don't know they're stupid, and they certainly don't realize how obvious it is to others.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, October 19, 2020 11:51 AM

REAVERFAN








NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, October 19, 2020 11:51 AM

REAVERFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Is that your home country?

Do Right, Be Right. :)

I wish.

My country is dealing with a fascist takeover by an insane president and his spineless lapdogs.



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, October 19, 2020 12:52 PM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:

You didn't address my point at all.

I'm going to assume that this $7 Million per life lost is an average for every single American, regardless of age and/or potential.

Most people on the bottom rung are never going to have the opportunity to output enough to even cover what they consumed, let alone $7 Million during the span of their entire lifetimes.

And most people by a large margin who have died of Covid were well past their prime, not even capable of any economic output, and spending the rest of their lives sucking at the teet.

Tell the author of that article to use real world factors instead of bastardizing numbers to make his or her point.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

Your point is you don't read Wired and you place a low value on your life. I agree with you that Trump lovers' lives are worthless, which would explain half the difference between a Democrat and a Republican:
www.wired.com/story/how-much-is-human-life-worth-in-dollars/

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, October 19, 2020 1:09 PM

1KIKI

Goodbye, kind world (George Monbiot) - In common with all those generations which have contemplated catastrophe, we appear to be incapable of understanding what confronts us.


Quote:

It will always be cheaper to kill a person than to spend money to prevent their death.
Not necessarily. That word "always" is problematic.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, October 19, 2020 2:22 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by second:
Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:

You didn't address my point at all.

I'm going to assume that this $7 Million per life lost is an average for every single American, regardless of age and/or potential.

Most people on the bottom rung are never going to have the opportunity to output enough to even cover what they consumed, let alone $7 Million during the span of their entire lifetimes.

And most people by a large margin who have died of Covid were well past their prime, not even capable of any economic output, and spending the rest of their lives sucking at the teet.

Tell the author of that article to use real world factors instead of bastardizing numbers to make his or her point.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

Your point is you don't read Wired and you place a low value on your life.



No. That's not my point.

Try again, you fucking idiot.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, October 19, 2020 3:01 PM

REAVERFAN






NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, October 19, 2020 3:15 PM

REAVERFAN






NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, October 19, 2020 3:20 PM

REAVERFAN




Answered her own question.



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, October 19, 2020 3:38 PM

REAVERFAN










NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, October 19, 2020 6:55 PM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:

No. That's not my point.

Try again, you fucking idiot.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

I'm not gonna read the article to you and then explain it over and over until you finally, after 40 years, get the point, but you've made it perfectly clear you have never understood what life is worth. If you had, you won't have wasted a decade of your own life doing nothing.

How much is human life worth in dollars?
www.wired.com/story/how-much-is-human-life-worth-in-dollars/

To show how wrong-headed 6ix is, I will quote him:
Quote:

Covid is going to disappear next year one way or another.

In the alternate timeline where Biden wins, the Legacy Media will almost immediately stop talking about it and then it will slowly fall down the collective memory hole as other stories make people look the other way.

In our timeline where Trump wins, the Legacy Media will continue to lie about it and blow it way out of proportion, but eventually people are going to look around and face the reality that hardly anybody dies of this barely lethal virus and they look like a bunch of big, dumb, coward assholes wearing those masks all day long.

http://fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=63860&mid=11144
51#1114451


The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 5:51 AM

THG


NATO would seek early summit with Biden, if elected, envoys say

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The NATO military alliance is considering a summit in March in Brussels to welcome a new U.S. president if Democrat candidate Joe Biden wins, diplomats and officials said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/nato-would-seek-early-summit-with
-biden-if-elected-envoys-say/ar-BB1acMo8?ocid=msedgdhp


Watch how fast everything Trump did changes back to normal and even improves. tick tock Putin tick tock comrades sig and kiki.

T

Stupid people don't know they're stupid, and they certainly don't realize how obvious it is to others.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 7:08 AM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


Donald Trump: I’m going to replace two, three, could even be four, and it could even be four Supreme Court judges. I mean, perhaps more than anyone. I even heard the scenario it can be five.

The Trump administration has outsourced federal judicial appointments to the right-wing Federalist Society and Heritage Foundation. What is the ideology at the center of Trump’s judicial strategy, the influence of the Koch brothers, and the corporate and social agenda the GOP wants their new judges to impose? As Congress has failed to effectively legislate, judges — with lifetime appointments — have become the most consequential policymakers in this country.

More at https://theintercept.com/2020/10/20/intercepted-american-mythology-tru
mp-judges
/

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 9:32 AM

REAVERFAN


Bolivia Shows Why Imperialists Work To Keep Populations Propagandized
https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2020/10/20/bolivia-shows-why-imperialists
-work-to-keep-populations-propagandized
/

Bolivia has reversed the US-backed coup which saw its leftist president Evo Morales ousted from the lithium-rich nation after a landslide victory last year. Another landslide victory for a previous member of Morales’ cabinet named Luis Arce has restored power to the Movement Toward Socialism (MAS) party after a year of rule by the coup regime.

Contrary to what a recent Guardian headline asserts this was not a “stunning comeback” for MAS but a widely anticipated repudiation of the false claims that were spun by western narrative managers that Morales had rigged the election last year in a dictatorial assault upon democracy. Two landslide victories in as many years is neither “stunning” nor a “comeback”, it’s just the people decisively making their will known two times.

Bolivia is still not in the clear; the US-centralized empire still has plenty of other avenues of attack through which to sabotage the will of the Bolivian people, and we may be certain that we will see them rolled out in the coming years if that empire still stands. But people are right to celebrate the fact that its preferred and primary avenue of attack has been thwarted.

Which is a good illustration of why imperialists pour so much energy into using propaganda to manipulate what people think and do. If you can’t manipulate people into supporting your actions, they’ll just wind up undoing all your handiwork. A coup was undone yesterday in Bolivia, a coup was undone in Venezuela in 2002, and coups will continue to be undone every time the people have the power to enact their will and can’t be propagandized or brutalized away from using it.

The great elephant in the room, around which so much of the behavior of establishment power revolves, is that there are many more ordinary human beings than there are sociopathic dominators trying to exploit them. This fact rarely enters the minds of the rank-and-file citizenry, but for the manipulators responsible for engineering the continuation and expansion of the imperialist oligarchic status quo, it is always at the center of their attention.

The powerful fear the people. Always have, always will. They are at all times acutely aware that there’s not actually anything stopping the public from using the power of their numbers to take back everything their rulers stole from them and doing whatever they like to their former oppressors. We’re like a giant the size of a mountain who is in an abusive relationship with a tiny little man; we might not think too much about how we could squash him like an insect whenever we like, but he most certainly does.



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 10:02 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by second:
Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:

No. That's not my point.

Try again, you fucking idiot.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

I'm not gonna read the article to you and then explain it over and over until you finally, after 40 years, get the point, but you've made it perfectly clear you have never understood what life is worth. If you had, you won't have wasted a decade of your own life doing nothing.

How much is human life worth in dollars?
www.wired.com/story/how-much-is-human-life-worth-in-dollars/

To show how wrong-headed 6ix is, I will quote him:
Quote:

Covid is going to disappear next year one way or another.

In the alternate timeline where Biden wins, the Legacy Media will almost immediately stop talking about it and then it will slowly fall down the collective memory hole as other stories make people look the other way.

In our timeline where Trump wins, the Legacy Media will continue to lie about it and blow it way out of proportion, but eventually people are going to look around and face the reality that hardly anybody dies of this barely lethal virus and they look like a bunch of big, dumb, coward assholes wearing those masks all day long.

http://fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=63860&mid=11144
51#1114451


The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly




Fuck your article.

You're either purposefully missing my point and then twisting it, or you're as retarded as I believe you are.


I'm not going to post it again. I already did twice.

Either figure it out and apologize, or shut the fuck up about it.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 10:04 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by reaverfan:
Bolivia Shows Why Imperialists Work To Keep Populations Propagandized
https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2020/10/20/bolivia-shows-why-imperialists
-work-to-keep-populations-propagandized
/

Bolivia has reversed the US-backed coup which saw its leftist president Evo Morales ousted from the lithium-rich nation after a landslide victory last year. Another landslide victory for a previous member of Morales’ cabinet named Luis Arce has restored power to the Movement Toward Socialism (MAS) party after a year of rule by the coup regime.

Contrary to what a recent Guardian headline asserts this was not a “stunning comeback” for MAS but a widely anticipated repudiation of the false claims that were spun by western narrative managers that Morales had rigged the election last year in a dictatorial assault upon democracy. Two landslide victories in as many years is neither “stunning” nor a “comeback”, it’s just the people decisively making their will known two times.

Bolivia is still not in the clear; the US-centralized empire still has plenty of other avenues of attack through which to sabotage the will of the Bolivian people, and we may be certain that we will see them rolled out in the coming years if that empire still stands. But people are right to celebrate the fact that its preferred and primary avenue of attack has been thwarted.

Which is a good illustration of why imperialists pour so much energy into using propaganda to manipulate what people think and do. If you can’t manipulate people into supporting your actions, they’ll just wind up undoing all your handiwork. A coup was undone yesterday in Bolivia, a coup was undone in Venezuela in 2002, and coups will continue to be undone every time the people have the power to enact their will and can’t be propagandized or brutalized away from using it.

The great elephant in the room, around which so much of the behavior of establishment power revolves, is that there are many more ordinary human beings than there are sociopathic dominators trying to exploit them. This fact rarely enters the minds of the rank-and-file citizenry, but for the manipulators responsible for engineering the continuation and expansion of the imperialist oligarchic status quo, it is always at the center of their attention.

The powerful fear the people. Always have, always will. They are at all times acutely aware that there’s not actually anything stopping the public from using the power of their numbers to take back everything their rulers stole from them and doing whatever they like to their former oppressors. We’re like a giant the size of a mountain who is in an abusive relationship with a tiny little man; we might not think too much about how we could squash him like an insect whenever we like, but he most certainly does.






I remember when T celebrated and said "the good guys won today" when Macron won France. Ask the French how well that turned out for them.

You'll no doubt forget your little Bolivia cheerlead you're putting on display here by the time those chickens come home to roost...

But I won't.



Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 10:16 AM

REAVERFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:

I remember when T celebrated and said "the good guys won today" when Macron won France. Ask the French how well that turned out for them.

You'll no doubt forget your little Bolivia cheerlead you're putting on display here by the time those chickens come home to roost...

But I won't.



Do Right, Be Right. :)

Still waiting for an intelligent, informed response.

Some things will just never happen.



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 10:20 AM

REAVERFAN


Videos From Right-Wing Site That Preaches ‘The Left Ruins Everything’ Assigned In Ohio School
PragerU videos were recently assigned in an Ohio classroom. Turns out, the right-wing site is looking to further its influence in K-12 settings.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/right-wing-videos-public-schools-prager
u_n_5f889a29c5b6e9e76fbb6db8


Reichwingers have always preached that schools are full of communist indoctrination. That's demonstrably not true, but they're so full of their own propaganda, they just keep repeating it like a bunch of Russian trolls.

But disinformation is OK if it's theirs.





NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 10:24 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by reaverfan:
Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:

I remember when T celebrated and said "the good guys won today" when Macron won France. Ask the French how well that turned out for them.

You'll no doubt forget your little Bolivia cheerlead you're putting on display here by the time those chickens come home to roost...

But I won't.



Do Right, Be Right. :)

Still waiting for an intelligent, informed response.

Some things will just never happen.






This was both intelligent and informed.

History means something. And when you can remember it and watch others who forget doomed to repeat it over and over again, you can actually come off as quite prophetic in your predictions.

If you were about 2 IQ points lower than you are, you'd think I was doing magic.

But I'll give you and your pathetic brainlet the benefit of the doubt here and just call it a very educated guesstimate of what is to come.

Just like anything else, we'll have to wait a while before I can spit-roast you with all that crow.



Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 10:59 AM

REAVERFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:



This was both intelligent and informed.




*Insert THG stupid people quote here*



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 11:59 AM

REAVERFAN






NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 2:14 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by reaverfan:
Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:



This was both intelligent and informed.




*Insert THG stupid people quote here*





Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Quote:

Originally posted by reaverfan:
Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:

I remember when T celebrated and said "the good guys won today" when Macron won France. Ask the French how well that turned out for them.

You'll no doubt forget your little Bolivia cheerlead you're putting on display here by the time those chickens come home to roost...

But I won't.



Do Right, Be Right. :)

Still waiting for an intelligent, informed response.

Some things will just never happen.






This was both intelligent and informed.

History means something. And when you can remember it and watch others who forget doomed to repeat it over and over again, you can actually come off as quite prophetic in your predictions.

If you were about 2 IQ points lower than you are, you'd think I was doing magic.

But I'll give you and your pathetic brainlet the benefit of the doubt here and just call it a very educated guesstimate of what is to come.

Just like anything else, we'll have to wait a while before I can spit-roast you with all that crow.



Do Right, Be Right. :)



Looking forward to that spit-roasting.

I hope you don't disappear after Trump wins so I get to rub this one in your face too.



Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, October 21, 2020 6:15 PM

REAVERFAN






NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, October 21, 2020 7:52 PM

REAVERFAN


Facebook Manipulated the News You See to Appease Republicans, Insiders Say
Sources tell us the platform tweaked its code to help right-wing publishers and throttle sites like Mother Jones.
https://www.motherjones.com/media/2020/10/facebook-mother-jones/

Near the close of the first year of the Trump presidency, executives at Facebook were briefed on some major changes to its News Feed—the code that determines which of the zillions of posts on the platform any one of us is shown when we look at Facebook. The story the company has publicly told is that it was working to “bring people closer together” by showing us more posts from friends and family, and to prioritize “trusted” and “informative” sources of news. The changes would also reduce how much news most people see, and therefore decrease revenue for many publishers.

What wasn’t publicly known until now is that Facebook actually ran experiments to see how the changes would affect publishers—and when it found that some of them would have a dramatic impact on the reach of right-wing “junk sites,” as a former employee with knowledge of the conversations puts it, the engineers were sent back to lessen those impacts. As the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, they came back in January 2018 with a second iteration that dialed up the harm to progressive-leaning news organizations instead.

In fact, we have now learned that executives were even shown a slide presentation that highlighted the impact of the second iteration on about a dozen specific publishers—and Mother Jones was singled out as one that would suffer, while the conservative site the Daily Wire was identified as one that would benefit. These changes were pushed by Republican operatives working in Facebook’s Washington office under Vice President of Global Public Policy Joel Kaplan (who later made headlines for demonstratively supporting his friend Brett Kavanaugh during confirmation hearings).



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 22, 2020 6:23 AM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


The 3-way fight among Republicans runs deeper than Trump and will outlast him

Whatever happens on Nov. 3, the three-cornered fight on the American right over who owns conservatism will go on. You don’t have to be part of the fight to have a stake in the outcome. Until the right sorts itself out, gridlock and bad government in Washington will continue.

The contest among Republicans involves market liberals, one-issue crusaders, and a nation-first hard right. Each has its own vision of conservatism’s ideals and priorities. Each thinks its vision the true one. Each believes it alone best able to face down conservatism’s common enemy, the left.

It’s an old fight, and not unique to the U.S., although the anger and intensity have lately hit new heights. The fight is not about Donald Trump, the hard right’s current champion. It’s deeper than Trump and will outlast him.

At issue is who Republicans want to be. Do they want to be Grown-Ups, a Tribe, or One-Issue Crusaders?

The Grown-Ups are business-friendly, broadly moderate Republicans in descent from Eisenhower, Nixon and Reagan. On campaign, they can turn up the partisan gas. In office, they will work with Democrats at the center and with foreign allies abroad.

In what feels long ago, the Grown Ups were in charge. They are mostly now retirees or political has-beens: George W. Bush, Utah Sen. Mitt Romney, former Maine Sen. William Cohen, former South Dakota Sen. Larry Pressler, former Arizona Senator Jeff Flake. In the media, they include eminent but bewildered conservatives who have lost a party home: George Will, David Brooks, Bill Kristol.

The Tribe is conservatism’s second choice. It is the U.S. version of a nation-first hard right that is also eating into the center-right parties of Europe. The Tribe combines rich donors and disaffected white voters. The donors want low taxes and small government. The disaffected want government help but think too much of it goes to the wrong people. Trump did not create the Tribe. It adopted him.

The trouble with the Tribe is that it turns politics into low-grade civil war.

More at www.marketwatch.com/story/the-3-way-fight-among-republicans-runs-deepe
r-than-trump-and-will-outlast-him-2020-10-20


The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 22, 2020 9:05 AM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


Trump wants to cancel another nuclear arms treaty:

Trump urges nations to withdraw support for the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons (TPNW)

Beatrice Fihn dismissed Trump's claim that the TPNW interferes with the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty as "straightforward lies, to be frank."

Beatrice Fihn, executive director of the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons, the 2017 Nobel Peace Prize-winning coalition whose work helped spearhead the nuclear ban treaty, told The Associated Press Tuesday that several diplomatic sources confirmed that they and other states that ratified the TPNW had been sent letters by the U.S. requesting their withdrawal.

"They {Trump} have no actual argument to back that up," she said. "The Nonproliferation Treaty is about preventing the spread of nuclear weapons and eliminating nuclear weapons, and this treaty implements that. There's no way you can undermine the Nonproliferation Treaty by banning nuclear weapons. It's the end goal of the Nonproliferation Treaty."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-urges-nations-to-withdraw-support-for-
un-nuclear-weapons-prohibition-treaty-ap
/

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 22, 2020 1:57 PM

REAVERFAN






NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 22, 2020 2:04 PM

REAVERFAN






NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 22, 2020 2:06 PM

THG


It is close to being over reaver. Then things will change.

T

Stupid people don't know they're stupid, and they certainly don't realize how obvious it is to others.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 22, 2020 3:41 PM

1KIKI

Goodbye, kind world (George Monbiot) - In common with all those generations which have contemplated catastrophe, we appear to be incapable of understanding what confronts us.






Considering Musk's behavior, it works on at least 2 levels!

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 22, 2020 3:43 PM

REAVERFAN






NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 22, 2020 3:50 PM

REAVERFAN


Trump Exposes Himself as Whiner-in-Chief in Leaked ‘60 Minutes’ Interview
SELF-OWNED
The president released his apparently unedited ‘60 Minutes’ chat on Thursday, thinking it was a dunk on Lesley Stahl—but it only made himself look worse.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-exposes-himself-as-whiner-in-chief
-in-leaked-60-minutes-interview-with-lesley-stahl?ref=home


Over the past couple days, President Donald Trump has been repeatedly threatening to release his entire, unedited interview with 60 Minutes’ Lesley Stahl before an edited version airs on this coming Sunday’s episode. Well, he finally did it and it may have the exact opposite effect he was hoping for.

“Look at the bias, hatred and rudeness on behalf of 60 Minutes and CBS,” Trump posted on Facebook the morning of his final debate with Joe Biden. He then added, for good measure, “Tonight’s anchor, Kristen Welker, is far worse!”

But what anyone who watches all 38 minutes will see is that the president spent the bulk of his time openly whining about how “tough” the questions were while refusing to actually answer any of them in a coherent manner.
---
Trump is




NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 22, 2020 4:48 PM

1KIKI

Goodbye, kind world (George Monbiot) - In common with all those generations which have contemplated catastrophe, we appear to be incapable of understanding what confronts us.



AFAIK nobody's posted about this and there doesn't seem to be a thread, but it's about 'democrats' so ...


Is there a current nickname for Nancy P that goes to her shriveled walnut-sized brain? Nobody credits the inept junior-high mean-girl snark she throws at Trump. And her political calculations are 180 of where she needs to be. The impeachment was a disaster, Adam Schiff is a bad joke who needs to be put in a corner, and her stand on unemployment aid looks like she's holding it hostage for political gain. NONE of this is going to bring democrats any credit as a party.


I have no idea who she answers to, or if she was thought of as so unimportant she was left to her own devices. But my impression is she has so tarnished the democratic brand, that, given Joe's weak credentials - she's sinking him.


NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 22, 2020 5:04 PM

REAVERFAN






NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, October 23, 2020 7:42 AM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


Quote:

Originally posted by 1KIKI:

AFAIK nobody's posted about this and there doesn't seem to be a thread, but it's about 'democrats' so ...

Why have Republicans become obsessed with accusing their opponents of pedophilia?

It’s the only thing worse than their record. Trump’s backers are throwing an entire pot of spaghetti at Hunter and his father in hopes that one of their lines of attack might stick.

It’s not just Hunter Biden who’s been targeted by baseless pedophilia claims designed to stir up frenzied fear among the president’s supporters, a majority of whom say they believe top Democrats are involved in sex-trafficking rings. Trump has been openly suggesting that Joe Biden is a pedophile for more than a month. Donald Trump Jr.—who appeared on Fox News on Thursday to make unsubstantiated claims about Hunter’s alleged links to “human trafficking” enterprises—has been calling the Democratic presidential nominee a pedophile since May.

There is a long history of conservative politicians and commentators accusing Democrats, with no evidence, of the actual sex crimes and child abuse. Why is pedophilia is the accusation of choice? It’s possibly the easiest to understand, least defensible allegation available to them, and it’s one of the few moral high grounds they believe they have left to claim.

By pumping their followers’ media diets full of claims that Democrats abuse children, right-wing operatives are supplanting real stories about real victims with fake stories. In the wake of the nomination and election of a Republican president who barged into pageant dressing rooms to stare at half-naked teenage contestants, publicly speculated on his 1-year-old daughter’s future breasts, and told several young girls that he’d be dating them someday, followers of Pizzagate and QAnon organized around conspiracy theories about Democrats keeping children as sex slaves.

This political tactic is partially an attempt to rile up some true believers who think Donald Trump is indeed the savior of all the children Democrats currently hold in blood-harvesting torture cells. But it’s not just directed at partisans and conspiracy theorists. The greater project of the pedophilia-manufacturing right is the poisoning of public trust. They are hoping that people hear these claims and lose all faith that decent politicians exist; or begin to believe the American political system is so irredeemably corrupt, and its leaders so depraved, that they might as well vote for Trump, who doesn’t try to hide his corrupt depravity.

It behooves right-wing leaders, who have fully relinquished all concerns about hypocrisy, to tell lies about their political opponents that resemble truths about their political allies. The worst that can happen is they’re exposed as hypocrites. And in that case, who among their supporters would care?

More at https://web.archive.org/web/20201023011736/https://slate.com/news-and-
politics/2020/10/republicans-baseless-pedophilia-accusations-explained.html


The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, October 23, 2020 10:20 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by second:
Quote:

Originally posted by 1KIKI:

AFAIK nobody's posted about this and there doesn't seem to be a thread, but it's about 'democrats' so ...

Why have Republicans become obsessed with accusing their opponents of pedophilia?




Just one more reason I'm not a Republican, which you keep saying that I am.

I've actually defended Biden against any sexual allegations. I'm not a Democrat hypocrite who flip flops on that issue when it suits me.


That being said, there are a lot of kid fuckers in politics and in hollywood. And they come from both sides.

It shouldn't even be a thing that somebody keeps a tally of who does it more. One is too many.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, October 23, 2020 10:22 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by 1KIKI:

AFAIK nobody's posted about this and there doesn't seem to be a thread, but it's about 'democrats' so ...


Is there a current nickname for Nancy P that goes to her shriveled walnut-sized brain? Nobody credits the inept junior-high mean-girl snark she throws at Trump. And her political calculations are 180 of where she needs to be. The impeachment was a disaster, Adam Schiff is a bad joke who needs to be put in a corner, and her stand on unemployment aid looks like she's holding it hostage for political gain. NONE of this is going to bring democrats any credit as a party.


I have no idea who she answers to, or if she was thought of as so unimportant she was left to her own devices. But my impression is she has so tarnished the democratic brand, that, given Joe's weak credentials - she's sinking him.





She's one of the worst politicians who ever held office.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, October 23, 2020 11:00 AM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:

Just one more reason I'm not a Republican, which you keep saying that I am.

I've actually defended Biden against any sexual allegations. I'm not a Democrat hypocrite who flip flops on that issue when it suits me.

That being said, there are a lot of kid fuckers in politics and in hollywood. And they come from both sides.

It shouldn't even be a thing that somebody keeps a tally of who does it more. One is too many.

I'm an engineer, 6ix, and I don't tolerate people's airhead delusions about themselves. If you vote for Trump, you are a Republican. And your "defense" is useless because there is no action. Words count for nothing. It is what you do, not what you say or think or believe that have weight. Words, thoughts, beliefs have no mass.

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, October 23, 2020 11:16 AM

1KIKI

Goodbye, kind world (George Monbiot) - In common with all those generations which have contemplated catastrophe, we appear to be incapable of understanding what confronts us.


Quote:

Words count for nothing.
Then why do you post here at all?


NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, October 23, 2020 12:39 PM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


Quote:

Originally posted by 1KIKI:
Quote:

Words count for nothing.
Then why do you post here at all?

It is a break from work. I'm 68 years old and still working unlike 1kiki and Signym and 6ix and JewelStaiteFan. By the way, the work has mass. And real danger! It is not the weightless pushing around of symbols on a screen.

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, October 23, 2020 5:29 PM

1KIKI

Goodbye, kind world (George Monbiot) - In common with all those generations which have contemplated catastrophe, we appear to be incapable of understanding what confronts us.


You spend and awful lot of time 'breaking' from 'work'. Far more than you'd allow anyone else (if your tales of being a rich oil baron are to be believed.) At some point, it doesn't seem like 'work' to me - the kind of grind the rest of us have to engage in.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, October 23, 2020 5:42 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Second doesn't work. Second doesn't own and run a business. Second doesn't have any money. Second never served in Vietnam. Second is in his 30's. Marcos is Second's sockpuppet. Second has advocated for the death of the President and stated on several occasions he knows how to do it and how to get away with it. Second has advocated that everybody should kill their bosses and steal everything they own. Second is a garbage human being. Second is a liar. Second's opinions are worth less than Nilbog's virtue signal points.



Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
Election Fraud Debunking Megathread
Wed, December 2, 2020 02:52 - 456 posts
In the garden, and RAIN!!!!
Tue, December 1, 2020 21:59 - 5987 posts
Some Covid-19 thoughts
Tue, December 1, 2020 19:30 - 1687 posts
Congress Still Jacking Off Over Unemployment
Tue, December 1, 2020 19:28 - 129 posts
"Time to unite"? Yeah, right
Tue, December 1, 2020 19:08 - 2 posts
Where's the pro-Biden celebration?
Tue, December 1, 2020 18:30 - 24 posts
Biden*'s new clothes
Tue, December 1, 2020 15:24 - 37 posts
Mask Off
Tue, December 1, 2020 15:22 - 75 posts
Election Lawsuits
Tue, December 1, 2020 14:54 - 1 posts
How Many States Actually Have Rampant Election Fraud?
Tue, December 1, 2020 14:48 - 42 posts
House Elections 2020
Tue, December 1, 2020 14:38 - 47 posts
Who is Q-Anon?
Tue, December 1, 2020 14:29 - 114 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL