GENERAL DISCUSSIONS

"Adam is a Hottie"---FFF Version

POSTED BY: FILLYGIRL
UPDATED: Thursday, March 22, 2018 23:14
SHORT URL: http://bit.ly/XpwX4z
VIEWED: 123726
PAGE 14 of 15

Monday, July 18, 2016 6:39 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by VeraSamuels:
Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Does "American Banksy" translate to something other than a Bank?



Er, yes...

Possibly the most famous (infamous) graffiti artist in the world...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banksy

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox


Oh.
Graffiti artist, like Rap Music. Generally known to be mutually exclusive terms.
And British, as hooligans go.
That reference had no prayer of landing on a viable spectrum.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, July 21, 2016 9:55 AM

BROWNCOATBLONDIE


Hey all,

found my way to this site after a bank holiday binge-rewatch of firefly, the start of watching Chuck (don't hit me, I always am too late, was the same with Firefly), and a very peculiar "flash" moment after a classic Adam Baldwin smirk onscreen.
I don't know how I could have forgotten it, but he made my day at LFCC2012 simply by being a genuinely nice man. Hope you don't mind me telling the story but I need to get it out somewhere, and I am slightly worried that I get thrown out of the airlock if I mention his name to my friends one more time (or my boyfriend, who has an amazing Jayne cosplay, besides being one foot too small...but even he can take only so much of Adam before throwing in the towel - or as he would put it:"How about you move in with Adam then?")
It was my second convention ever and I was still going through this hyperexcited state of conventions, photos with famous people, actually touching some of them and when I was queueing for my Adam autograph I chatted with the girl in front of me. The queue was moving well, and from one moment to the other the girl turned half around, realised she was right in front of Adam and froze. I seriously thought she would faint, just staring with big round eyes at Adam, who sat there relaxed, smiling up at her, giving her the time to get a grip. At one point she relaxed enough to move again and gave him the poster she wanted signed, and he went for it, signed, gave it back, extending his hand to her. She grabbed it (of course, who wouldn't), they shook hands and she drifted off. During that whole time she didn't say a word, he didn't either, but made sure that she knew that he really appreciated her for being there.
Of course, following such an act, impossible. He went down to business, signed my small A4 poster, I thanked him, also shook his hand and was about to leave when I realised I had given two things to sign. As my boyfriend was sick that weekend, I had to get an autograph just for him. So Adam looked at the picture I went for (good old fashioned Jayne with the hat, squinting into the camera), looked at the person next to me and went:"Good choice! What's your name?" At which point I piped up:"that is actually for me, too, or rather my sick boyfriend." And those two blue eyes went back to me, sparkling with excitement (at least that is what I keep telling myself). He raised a questioning eyebrow, so I went on: "He has a cold and had to stay at home". He extorted at that point:"So he sent you to London to get him an autograph. Does he by any chance have a manflu?" Me, being german (although you can barely hear it, he definitely didn't or at least didn't inquire), never heard of manflu, then got a detailed explanation by Adam, which had me in stitches. He then wrote my BF's name, and let's be bad guys, we shook hands a second time and I went on my way merrily. Such a shame I had my photo shoot before that, it could have been such a fun shoot!

He is awesome, and I am glad that after Chuck he now gets a chance to act through more emotions other than annoyed and grumpy. I love his grunts (and the multitude in Chuck ranging from "I will kill you" to "Please kill me" was priceless), and now with the last ship I personally am in heaven. Even if he loses some of his hair, he still is awesome and totally attractive, all of his "6'4 and full of muscles" ;)

Thanks for reading (if you are still at it at this point)

the crazy German in Glasgow

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, July 21, 2016 4:15 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by BROWNCOATBLONDIE:
Hey all,

found my way to this site after a bank holiday binge-rewatch of firefly, the start of watching Chuck (don't hit me, I always am too late, was the same with Firefly), and a very peculiar "flash" moment after a classic Adam Baldwin smirk onscreen.
I don't know how I could have forgotten it, but he made my day at LFCC2012 simply by being a genuinely nice man. Hope you don't mind me telling the story but I need to get it out somewhere, and I am slightly worried that I get thrown out of the airlock if I mention his name to my friends one more time (or my boyfriend, who has an amazing Jayne cosplay, besides being one foot too small...but even he can take only so much of Adam before throwing in the towel - or as he would put it:"How about you move in with Adam then?")
It was my second convention ever and I was still going through this hyperexcited state of conventions, photos with famous people, actually touching some of them and when I was queueing for my Adam autograph I chatted with the girl in front of me. The queue was moving well, and from one moment to the other the girl turned half around, realised she was right in front of Adam and froze. I seriously thought she would faint, just staring with big round eyes at Adam, who sat there relaxed, smiling up at her, giving her the time to get a grip. At one point she relaxed enough to move again and gave him the poster she wanted signed, and he went for it, signed, gave it back, extending his hand to her. She grabbed it (of course, who wouldn't), they shook hands and she drifted off. During that whole time she didn't say a word, he didn't either, but made sure that she knew that he really appreciated her for being there.
Of course, following such an act, impossible. He went down to business, signed my small A4 poster, I thanked him, also shook his hand and was about to leave when I realised I had given two things to sign. As my boyfriend was sick that weekend, I had to get an autograph just for him. So Adam looked at the picture I went for (good old fashioned Jayne with the hat, squinting into the camera), looked at the person next to me and went:"Good choice! What's your name?" At which point I piped up:"that is actually for me, too, or rather my sick boyfriend." And those two blue eyes went back to me, sparkling with excitement (at least that is what I keep telling myself). He raised a questioning eyebrow, so I went on: "He has a cold and had to stay at home". He extorted at that point:"So he sent you to London to get him an autograph. Does he by any chance have a manflu?" Me, being german (although you can barely hear it, he definitely didn't or at least didn't inquire), never heard of manflu, then got a detailed explanation by Adam, which had me in stitches. He then wrote my BF's name, and let's be bad guys, we shook hands a second time and I went on my way merrily. Such a shame I had my photo shoot before that, it could have been such a fun shoot!

He is awesome, and I am glad that after Chuck he now gets a chance to act through more emotions other than annoyed and grumpy. I love his grunts (and the multitude in Chuck ranging from "I will kill you" to "Please kill me" was priceless), and now with the last ship I personally am in heaven. Even if he loses some of his hair, he still is awesome and totally attractive, all of his "6'4 and full of muscles" ;)

Thanks for reading (if you are still at it at this point)

the crazy German in Glasgow


I would suspect that if you keep telling your boyfriend that you'll be in your bunk, it would keep you in his good graces. Jayne as a character provides plenty of sexually charged innuendo I would think.

I had to look up manflu. Are you using the pejorative sense, not the real thing?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, July 25, 2016 10:51 AM

VERASAMUELS


Adam was interviewed at SDCC...



Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, July 30, 2016 4:10 AM

VERASAMUELS


Now Slattery gets a poster....



Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, July 30, 2016 3:11 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by VeraSamuels:
Now Slattery gets a poster....



Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox


Maybe we should develop a collection of Adam posters.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, August 1, 2016 8:11 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by VeraSamuels:
Now Slattery gets a poster....



Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox


That headgear is so respectable it's almost a disappointment after Jayne and the Chuck stuff.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 2:59 AM

VERASAMUELS

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 7:04 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by VeraSamuels:
Spoilers....

http://apiusman.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/review-tom-stranger-interdimens
ional.html


Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox


Wow

Select to view spoiler:



Adam, R. Lee Ermey, Chuck Norris, Obama and Biden? Plus the Combat Wombat and "5-season Libertarian Space Cowboy".


This could be something to relish. Relax. Enjoy. Luxuriate in.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 11:43 AM

VERASAMUELS


Adam has recently changed his Twitter avatar to this...




:-)

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 6:36 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by VeraSamuels:
Adam has recently changed his Twitter avatar to this...




:-)

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox


Finding that must have warmed his heart.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 4:21 AM

VERASAMUELS


And now, THIS...



Because...

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/16/firefly-fan-animated-teaser?xid=e
ntertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter


Got something in my eye....

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 9:50 AM

MOOSE




NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 9:50 AM

MOOSE



The shot with Zoe is heartbreaking.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, August 20, 2016 5:11 AM

VERASAMUELS


The whole teaser is just so shiny!

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 4:55 PM

VERASAMUELS


Adam was on a bunch of panels at DragonCon...

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 9:44 PM

MOOSE


Second posted up the FF panel in the Blue Sun Room.
http://fireflyfans.net/bluesun.aspx?bid=24861

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, September 10, 2016 5:41 AM

VERASAMUELS


Might have had a photoshoot with Adam at Dragon Con...



Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, September 12, 2016 3:14 AM

VERASAMUELS


Live tweet of the season 3 finale of The Last Ship. Adam's way at the back, wearing black!

https://www.twitch.tv/lastshiptnt/v/88901256

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, September 12, 2016 7:28 PM

MOOSE


Great pic, Vera!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, September 12, 2016 8:19 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by VeraSamuels:
Might have had a photoshoot with Adam at Dragon Con...



Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox


That's not your first time, is it?

Do you have a collection of those?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, September 12, 2016 10:44 PM

THX


Quote:

Originally posted by fillygirl:.... he even wanders around the con without so called 'body guards', ...


I see DC Cab mentioned....but this was the early movie I think of him in.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, September 12, 2016 10:44 PM

THX


Quote:

Originally posted by fillygirl:.... he even wanders around the con without so called 'body guards', ...


I see DC Cab mentioned....but this was the early movie I think of him in.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 12:07 PM

VERASAMUELS


Yes, I do have quite a number of those photos....

[GGG]

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:18 PM

VERASAMUELS


+1!

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, October 8, 2016 12:19 PM

VERASAMUELS


Adam has changed his Twitter profile pic again...


Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, October 10, 2016 7:14 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Does that image look good to you?
I get broken image, and direct link refuses to load, has errors.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 12:11 PM

VERASAMUELS


Try this....



Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, October 23, 2016 11:31 AM

VERASAMUELS


+1

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 4:46 AM

VERASAMUELS


Adam was pictured at a game in Wrigley stadium...

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 4:50 PM

VERASAMUELS




Happy rebirth, dear Ron Glass.

Among the kindest and gentlest souls to have walked this earth with us. https://t.co/rF1bDPxeRa

— Adam Baldwin (@AdamBaldwin) November 26, 2016


:-(

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 12:04 PM

VERASAMUELS


I think the first thing I saw Adam in was the X Files and Independence Day.

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 7:55 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
First film I would have seen him in was "Full Metal Jacket" and then "DC Cab" but I didn't know who he was then.


I felt he stood out in My Bodyguard (1980)
Then in D.C.Cab (1983) with Jill Schoelen (Brad Pitt's real girlfriend). Also starring with Max Gail, who was likely still working with Ron Glass during shooting of this film.
And 3:15 in '86.
Then him and Ben Stiller killing Bill Paxton in Next of Kin (1989).

I did see Full Metal Jacket (1987) but it was so fake and surreal that none of the roles really made an impression, other than R. Lee Ermy, an actual Marine. It was so divorced from the Marine Corps Boot Camp that I knew that suspension of disbelief was about impossible.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 6:37 AM

VERASAMUELS


+1!

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 8:47 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


+1

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, January 6, 2017 3:58 AM

VERASAMUELS


Happy 2017, Adam fans!

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, January 6, 2017 3:58 AM

VERASAMUELS


Happy 2017, Adam fans!

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, January 8, 2017 4:36 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


+1

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, March 5, 2017 2:31 PM

VERASAMUELS


*Bump!*

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, March 6, 2017 8:07 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


I've been soaking up Adam's first season of Last Ship on DVD the past week.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 5:56 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Going through Season 2 now. Nice how they kept pausing the panorama shot on the axe a few times, until that Jayne moment.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, March 13, 2017 3:38 PM

VERASAMUELS


That was a good moment :-)

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, March 13, 2017 6:54 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by VeraSamuels:
That was a good moment :-)

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox


I hated that guy more than anybody. I was really, really hoping he died a more extravagant death than any other.

Select to view spoiler:


XO Jayne fulfilled the need.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 3:44 AM

VERASAMUELS

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, August 25, 2017 10:45 AM

VERASAMUELS


Liking the new season of The Last Ship. Adam's hair has mysteriously become brown-ish again [GG]

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 1:58 PM

VERASAMUELS


Good fights and Adam got some zingers of line in TLS 4.03!

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:23 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by VeraSamuels:
Good fights and Adam got some zingers of line in TLS 4.03!

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

Rush Limbaugh mentioned TLS as "Adam Baldwin's show" yesterday.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 4:56 PM

VERASAMUELS


TLS 4.04 review. QFE: 'Of course, this episode is squarely on the broad, and very capable shoulders of Adam Baldwin. The whole episode is a Slattery fueled emotional onslaught, leaving us tensely sitting on the edges of our seats, praying for his survival. Experiencing the flashbacks, especially the close bond with son Lucas really hits home. It’s devastating as we know Mike’s boy didn’t survive the plague, making us realize the depth of pain he’s been carrying around since the very first episode. It’s a feels fest and it’s great to once again see the softer side of this character. The question still remains though, are Slattery’s wife and daughters still alive, and will he ever find them?'

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, September 22, 2017 3:38 PM

VERASAMUELS




Director Vincent D’Onofrio The Kid has added Adam Baldwin to play Bob Orlinger in the film about infamous gunfighter Billy the Kid. He joins Ethan Hawke, Dane DeHaan as Billy and newcomer Jake Schur in title role of the Western told through the view of a young boy who reaches out to his outlaw hero to help save his kidnapped sister. The script is by Andrew Lanham with Jordan Schur producing under his Mimran Schur Pictures/Suretone Pictures banner, alongside Nick Thurlow and Sam Maydew. Exec producers are David Mimran, Carl Stubner, Dillon D. Jordan, Ricky Brickell, Mercuri, JoJo Chehebar, Samir Patel and Sejal Patel. Filming is slated to begin this month in Sante Fe, NM, and Lionsgate will release the pic in the U.S. and UK. Baldwin, who last worked with D’Onofrio in the Stanley Kubrick-directed war drama Full Metal Jacket, stars in the TNT series The Last Ship. He’s repped by APA and A Management Company.

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, October 6, 2017 4:47 PM

VERASAMUELS


Interview with Adam [and others from The Last Ship] here....
https://www.magzter.com/GB/Watchers-Media/The-Watchers-Magazine (latest issue)

Devout Keeper of Jayne's Lunchbox

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
Are you going to boycott "SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY"
Thu, May 24, 2018 18:24 - 58 posts
76th Independent Battalion Part 48
Thu, May 24, 2018 09:18 - 1351 posts
Sean Maher on ghost Whisperer
Wed, May 23, 2018 22:27 - 15 posts
Zoe at the Royal Wedding
Wed, May 23, 2018 16:29 - 27 posts
Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con CSTS event Saturday May 19, 2018. Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog Charity Screening.
Thu, May 17, 2018 02:28 - 2 posts
Anybody watch American Housewife? Nathan's putting the Big Damn Coat on for them.
Wed, May 16, 2018 21:51 - 40 posts
Echo on House
Wed, May 16, 2018 11:28 - 1 posts
"The Rookie" picked up by ABC
Tue, May 15, 2018 23:00 - 4 posts
BWAHAHAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Sat, May 12, 2018 16:41 - 7 posts
Best Selling official coach outlet online
Thu, May 10, 2018 20:25 - 1 posts
Morena Baccarin Ordered to Pay
Mon, May 7, 2018 03:47 - 26 posts
Who Is Misleading Us About Maplestory Link Skills?
Sun, May 6, 2018 05:11 - 1 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL