GENERAL DISCUSSIONS

Did we ever actually see it?

POSTED BY: WILDHEAVENFARM
UPDATED: Wednesday, June 8, 2005 12:54
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 4265
PAGE 1 of 1

Saturday, June 12, 2004 5:02 PM

WILDHEAVENFARM


We've seen Mal endure all manner of lacerations, holes, flesh removals, etc. Jayne's been shot and "a little stabbed". Kaylee's been shot. Simon's been shot. Book's been shot. Everybody on Serenity got banged up in some fashion or another, even River, who had that unauthorized lobotomy, but do we ever actually see Zoe get wounded?

Mary
Always a beast, never a burden.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, June 12, 2004 5:05 PM

GRACEOM


She got burned at the beginning of Out of Gas--although she didn't look very burned, it was clear she was badly injured. That's all I can think of.

Grace

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, June 12, 2004 5:10 PM

VELOXI


She probably got a little hurt in "Serenity" when she got hit in her armor.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, June 12, 2004 5:36 PM

WILDHEAVENFARM


Touche, Graceom. That's right, she did get those internal injuries. Okay, the next step, has Zoe ever been outwardly, obviously wounded?

Mary
Always a beast, never a burden.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, June 12, 2004 5:42 PM

SHINY


Here you go:

http://www.gloomyjoe.com/firefly/#injury

Too bad they haven't updated it since the show went off the air...

"I left my heart in Serenity Valley"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, June 12, 2004 6:47 PM

KELLAINA


Didn't Zoe get grazed in War Stories when they're rescuing Mal? It wasn't mentioned but there is a bandage on her arm after.

Or maybe I'm just remembering it wrong, it's been awhile since I've seen that ep.

Which is a good excuse to watch it (not that I needed one )

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, June 12, 2004 7:01 PM

GUNRUNNER


She did get some rocks falling on her in "The Message" during the flash back.

I assume that since she is the best warror on Serenity she tends to avoid being shot at.

The Firefly CCG Yahoo Group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/FFCCG
My Other Site:
http://www.geocities.com/billds9/

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, June 12, 2004 7:02 PM

GUNRUNNER


Quote:

Originally posted by Kellaina:
Didn't Zoe get grazed in War Stories when they're rescuing Mal? It wasn't mentioned but there is a bandage on her arm after.

Or maybe I'm just remembering it wrong, it's been awhile since I've seen that ep.

Which is a good excuse to watch it (not that I needed one )





The Firefly CCG Yahoo Group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/FFCCG
My Other Site:
http://www.geocities.com/billds9/

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, June 12, 2004 7:14 PM

BIKISDAD


Quote:

Originally posted by WildHeavenFarm:
We've seen Mal endure all manner of lacerations, holes, flesh removals, etc. Jayne's been shot and "a little stabbed". Kaylee's been shot. Simon's been shot. Book's been shot. Everybody on Serenity got banged up in some fashion or another, even River, who had that unauthorized lobotomy, but do we ever actually see Zoe get wounded?

Mary
Always a beast, never a burden.



Also, Inara's never been injured and Wash, while having been brutally tortured, was never actually shot. The amount of injuries our crew has endured did make me wonder - What the heck did they do before they had a doctor?

Apathy on the Rise. No One Cares.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, June 12, 2004 7:28 PM

INSANESPIKE


Ok, someone help me out here. When did Simon get shot? For some reason I can't seem to remember it. But I'm sure as soon as someone tells me I'm going to feel like an idiot...

"How drunk was I last night?"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, June 12, 2004 7:32 PM

BIKISDAD


Quote:

Originally posted by InsaneSpike:
Ok, someone help me out here. When did Simon get shot? For some reason I can't seem to remember it. But I'm sure as soon as someone tells me I'm going to feel like an idiot...

"How drunk was I last night?"



In OiS, Early shot him in the leg...

Apathy on the Rise. No One Cares.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, June 12, 2004 7:34 PM

INSANESPIKE


Ok, yep. Now I remember. I like I said, I do feel like an idiot!

"How drunk was I last night?"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, June 12, 2004 7:34 PM

FIREFLYTHEMOVIE


Early shot him when River offered to be Early's bounty and Early decided that would work just fine, prompting Simon to try to tackle him.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, June 12, 2004 8:07 PM

GUNRUNNER


Quote:

Originally posted by bikisdad:
[B... Wash, while having been brutally tortured, was never actually shot

Washed got Grazed on his temple in The Message.

The Firefly CCG Yahoo Group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/FFCCG
My Other Site:
http://www.geocities.com/billds9/

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, June 13, 2004 1:59 AM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Quote:

Also, Inara's never been injured...


Inara hasn't been totally unscathed here. In HoG, she caught an elbow in the gut by Rance. Then, in OiS, Jubal smacked her across the face prett hard....." Man is stronger by far than women, but only a woman can bare a child...does that seem right to you ?"



" They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself. "

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, June 13, 2004 2:06 AM

BIKISDAD


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:
Quote:

Also, Inara's never been injured...


Inara hasn't been totally unscathed here. In HoG, she was hit pretty hard. Then, in OiS, Jubal smacked her across the face prett hard....." Man is stronger by far than women, but only a woman can bear a child...does that seem right to you ?"



" They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself. "



Well, true. I guess when I said "injured", I should have specified that I meant serious, possibly life-threatening injuries from a gun, knife, or other dangerous weapon.

Apathy on the Rise. No One Cares.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, June 13, 2004 2:13 AM

BIKISDAD


Quote:

Originally posted by GunRunner:
Quote:

Originally posted by bikisdad:
[B... Wash, while having been brutally tortured, was never actually shot

Washed got Grazed on his temple in The Message.

The Firefly CCG Yahoo Group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/FFCCG
My Other Site:
http://www.geocities.com/billds9/



Damn, you're right! I forgot about that one. Just makes my point all the more. How did they ever survive before the doctor came on?

Apathy on the Rise. No One Cares.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, June 13, 2004 3:49 AM

EST120


actually, just a fun side note. did anyone notice that after "serenity", mal's red overcoat has a patch on the left arm where he got grazed during the shootout with patience's men? it looks like black tar or that stuff you use to fix leather upholstery.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, June 13, 2004 4:18 AM

SHINY


Yup. And if you watch very carefully, you'll notice a continuity error where the patch appears in a scene that actually happens before the shootout.

"I left my heart in Serenity Valley"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, June 13, 2004 4:30 AM

FILMGODDESS


Quote:

Originally posted by Shiny:
Yup. And if you watch very carefully, you'll notice a continuity error where the patch appears in a scene that actually happens before the shootout.


And there's a continuity error with Mal and Zoe in OoG. He has the patch on his jacket in the flashbacks. Then on the commentary for Shindig the Costume designer explains that the necklace that Zoe wears is a symbol of her marriage to Wash but she has it on in the flashbacks also.

I love looking for continuity errors. I'm sure the script supervisor doesn't like it when we find them though. Seeing as how its their job to notice these things first and then fix them.


"You can't take the sky from me."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, June 13, 2004 4:48 AM

EST120


Quote:

Originally posted by filmgoddess:
I love looking for continuity errors. I'm sure the script supervisor doesn't like it when we find them though. Seeing as how its their job to notice these things first and then fix them.


"You can't take the sky from me."



that is more of a wardrobe malfunction (as is the popular term these days) not a script error. still, i love goofs. there is a neat website called www.moviemistakes.com where people post all kinds of errors from hundreds of movies.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, June 13, 2004 4:58 AM

PURPLEBELLY


My understanding of the coat patch appearing before the shoot-out in Serenity is that this scene is an insert after a rewrite at the behest of Fox, who still refused to air it as the pilot - but I'm often wrong

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, June 13, 2004 5:32 AM

SHINY


Quote:

Originally posted by est120:
that is more of a wardrobe malfunction (as is the popular term these days) not a script error. still, i love goofs. there is a neat website called www.moviemistakes.com where people post all kinds of errors from hundreds of movies.



There's also a bloopers page on browncoats.com that I maintain (let me know if you've spotted any that aren't yet listed):

http://www.browncoats.com/main.php?parent=405a8603e9a13&line=3e546f888
09e9


"I left my heart in Serenity Valley"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, June 13, 2004 7:06 AM

WILDHEAVENFARM


Quote:

Originally posted by Shiny:
Quote:

Originally posted by est120:
There's also a bloopers page on browncoats.com that I maintain (let me know if you've spotted any that aren't yet listed):

http://www.browncoats.com/main.php?parent=405a8603e9a13&line=3e546f888
09e9

B]



I don't have any new, but I think I found an error. IAmJacksUsername stated that in "Ariel", "The spanner Mal uses to whack Jayne dissapears as he's hitting him". It's a wrench and its there the entire time. I just watched it in frame-advance and admittedly there is an angle at which the light shines on the wrench just so and it's hard to see, but its still there.

Mary
Always a beast, never a burden.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, June 5, 2005 5:05 AM

IAMJACKSUSERNAME

Well, I'm all right. - Mal


Quote:

Originally posted by WildHeavenFarm:
I think I found an error. IAmJacksUsername stated that in "Ariel", "The spanner Mal uses to whack Jayne dissapears as he's hitting him". It's a wrench



English: spanner.
USA english: wrench.

Quote:

and its there the entire time. I just watched it in frame-advance and admittedly there is an angle at which the light shines on the wrench just so and it's hard to see, but its still there.


Here's a screenshot from Ariel (it's at 36:20, chapter 11, if you want to check) of Mal hitting Jayne with the spanner, only there's no spanner:
--
I am Jack's username
Move AWAY from the wheaties...

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, June 5, 2005 6:44 AM

WHITEFALL


Lol, i just read all those bloopers, and they're funny indeed, but I'd just like to say that, if you think about it, did you ever even try to notice these things till you'd seen the eps 50 times each, and more importantly, did you ever notice these the first few times around.

My expierence with that is the scene in Serenity where Wash isnt holding anything... possibly the most obvious mistake in the whole show, and I never noticed it until the commentary pointed it out. I think it says something about how good firefly is that, when we really Watch the episodes, the emotion and the story always grab our attention to where it should be.

And yes, I know you guys know that, and this is just a symptom of paranoid show-canceled space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety, but still.

So, I didn't really have to say this, but I felt like statin' the obvious.

"Some people juggle geese!" -Ancient Chinese proverb.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, June 5, 2005 7:07 AM

CLJOHNSTON108



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, June 5, 2005 2:04 PM

CYBERSNARK


Quote:

Originally posted by bikisdad:
The amount of injuries our crew has endured did make me wonder - What the heck did they do before they had a doctor?

Anybody care to tally how many of those injuries can be indirectly attributed to Simon and/or River?

-----
We applied the cortical electrodes but were unable to get a neural reaction from either patient.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, June 5, 2005 5:17 PM

SNIPER


Jubal Early slapped Inara pretty good.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, June 5, 2005 5:40 PM

LISSA


Quote:

Originally posted by est120:

that is more of a wardrobe malfunction (as is the popular term these days) not a script error. still, i love goofs.



it's not a script error, but it is a script supervisor error. script supervisor is in charge of continuity, if i'm not mistaken:) just fyi

~lissa, spwhore

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, June 6, 2005 6:45 AM

CHRISTHECYNIC


Quote:

Originally posted by GraceOM:
She got burned at the beginning of Out of Gas--although she didn't look very burned, it was clear she was badly injured. That's all I can think of.


She inhaled it, that’s the worst kind of burn, at least that was told in my lifeguard/wilderness training.

If someone gets a serious burn you really would rather have it covering the outside of the body, leaving a twisted and deformed person who will never truly heal, than inside. Of course in the future medical technology is obviously much better than what I was taught to work with, which always assumed that help was a minimum of two hours away as well.

In spite of the wait the only thing they could teach us to do was make the person breathe easy and wait for help. There are only two other things I can remember that had, “Call for help because you can’t help,” as directions. One was a broken spine, the other was fluid in the ears, which is a sign of over pressure in the brain, a death sentence within 24 hours if they don’t get to help.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, June 6, 2005 8:43 AM

DITHER


In Safe, after Jayne hurriedly dumps all Simon's stuff back in his room, he runs up the stairs. Just then if you look in the med-bay there is someone standing there. Looks like one of the film crew.


"That's why I never kiss 'em on the mouth."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, June 8, 2005 12:49 PM

YT

the movie is not the Series. Only the facts have been changed, to irritate the innocent; the names of the actors and characters remain the same


Quote:

Originally posted by Shiny:
http://www.gloomyjoe.com/firefly/#injury

Too bad they haven't updated it since the show went off the air...


Cool, a new (to me) Firefly site. Or @least, looks like it coulda been cool if it had been kept up.

Keep the Shiny Side Up . . . (wutzon) Jimmy Buffett, "Gumbo", from "Sharin' the Groove ... Celebrating the Music of Phish"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, June 8, 2005 12:54 PM

YT

the movie is not the Series. Only the facts have been changed, to irritate the innocent; the names of the actors and characters remain the same


Quote:

Originally posted by Shiny:
There's also a bloopers page on browncoats.com that I maintain (let me know if you've spotted any that aren't yet listed):

http://www.browncoats.com/main.php?parent=405a8603e9a13&line=3e546f888
09e9



Even cooler, a new (to me) site whose owner is willing to keep it active. It pays to read old Fff.n messages.

Keep the Shiny Side Up . . . (wutzon) Trey Anastasio, "Alive Again", eponymous

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

FFF.NET SOCIAL