GENERAL DISCUSSIONS

Tom Petty Dies at 66

POSTED BY: SHINYGOODGUY
UPDATED: Thursday, October 5, 2017 17:08
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 1061
PAGE 1 of 1

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 2:59 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


I've always had a soft spot for Tom Petty's music, it is a piece of Americana.
Rock and Roll at it's purest and simplest form.

Rest in Peace Tom Petty.


SGG

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 6:44 AM

MOOSE



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 1:59 PM

BYTEMITE


Aw, I used to listen to the Traveling Wilburys a lot on road trips.

The man could sing.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 7:12 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


40 years of non stop awesome, honest American rock and I never heard a bad thing about Tom Petty on or off stage.

And he could have fun w/ making a video, never seeming to take himself too seriously.

Thanks Tom !


NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 9:49 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Hey - I know you.
The Postman.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 5, 2017 5:01 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


I used to be famous - obscure quote number 2.


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Hey - I know you.
The Postman.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 5, 2017 5:01 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


Rappy, I couldn't put it any better than that.


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:
40 years of non stop awesome, honest American rock and I never heard a bad thing about Tom Petty on or off stage.

And he could have fun w/ making a video, never seeming to take himself too seriously.

Thanks Tom !



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 5, 2017 5:03 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


Yep...just good ole rock n roll


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by BYTEMITE:
Aw, I used to listen to the Traveling Wilburys a lot on road trips.

The man could sing.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 5, 2017 5:08 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by SHINYGOODGUY:
I used to be famous - obscure quote number 2.


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Hey - I know you.
The Postman.


Well, yeah.
But my quote was used by each of them to the other. And I loved Petty's delivery.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
76th Independent Battalion Part 48
Wed, October 18, 2017 09:20 - 1098 posts
Best movie that only a few people know about
Mon, October 16, 2017 09:28 - 109 posts
Joss Whedon to direct 'Glee'
Tue, October 10, 2017 09:22 - 23 posts
"Adam is a Hottie"---FFF Version
Fri, October 6, 2017 21:19 - 850 posts
Old Firefly ad
Fri, October 6, 2017 11:31 - 7 posts
Tom Petty Dies at 66
Thu, October 5, 2017 17:08 - 9 posts
15th Anniversary BluRay release
Wed, October 4, 2017 00:21 - 6 posts
The NEW newb Welcome Mat thread...
Tue, October 3, 2017 17:00 - 156 posts
Interesting Wiki Firefly mention
Sun, October 1, 2017 17:04 - 2 posts
Middleton, WI CSTS event Sunday, October 1, 2017. Serenity and Dr. Horrible Charity Screening.
Sun, October 1, 2017 07:02 - 2 posts
Syfy.com: In appreciation of the women of Firefly, the only ones who knew what was going on
Sun, October 1, 2017 01:21 - 1 posts
New in this part o' the Verse - RP anyone?
Tue, September 26, 2017 05:00 - 3 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL