GENERAL DISCUSSIONS

FIREFLY CAST REVIEW...Again! PT II

POSTED BY: ELWOODMOM
UPDATED: Monday, October 18, 2004 09:07
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 5233
PAGE 1 of 1

Friday, September 10, 2004 7:22 AM

ELWOODMOM


I ran this poll last April. It was very exciting to the end, resulting in a 11th hour tie which required a 1 day tie-breaker. We've had many new browncoats sign on since then, so let's give 'em a chance...TO DO IT AGAIN!!

CAST YOUR VOTE: Who is your favorite male AND female Firefly cast member, and why? Is it the Firefly role they play, or the actor him/herself? Feel free to go into as much detail as you wish!

POLL'S CLOSED. Thanks for participating!

FINAL RESULTS:
MALE:
- Mal (13)
- Jayne (11)
- Simon (8)
- Wash (7)
- Book (2)


FEMALE:
- Kaylee (15)
- Zoe (10)
- River (9)
- Inara (5)


HONORABLE MENTION:
- Madagascar Cobb (1)


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, September 10, 2004 11:59 AM

ELWOODMOM


The original thread was getting long, so this is a continuation of it.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, September 10, 2004 1:41 PM

ELWOODMOM


Echo! Echo! Echo!

Howdy? You around? Delia? Gunhand? *feeling very lonely right about now...*

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, September 10, 2004 3:17 PM

MALICIOUS


Oooo! Shiny! A new thread. That must mean I can vote for Mal and Zoe again! Yay! Mom, you need to change the total again, with this here new vote....


Mal-licious

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, September 10, 2004 4:28 PM

ELWOODMOM


Funny, dear, I had a dream last night, too!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, September 11, 2004 1:57 PM

ELWOODMOM


Tomorrow's the last day to vote!

C'mon, don't be shy!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, September 11, 2004 2:09 PM

WATFALHURST


Well my original votes were for Wash and Serenity herself but I guess I'm not being taken seriously on that note (weeping !!)

I guess I'll stick with Wash as my favorite Male although his Hawaiin (sp) shirts are in better condition than my own.

For female then I will go with Zoe, because of her legs. And besides have you ever been with a warrior woman ?

some people juggle geese

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, September 11, 2004 2:34 PM

ELWOODMOM


Thanks!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, September 12, 2004 11:54 AM

NEROLI


Bumping for Mom since this is the last day.

The Old Broad Monkey

http://lurid-eidolon.org/fireflyawards/index.php

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, September 12, 2004 12:46 PM

ELWOODMOM


Thanks, Neroli. Kinda sad, isn't it, that Jayne will most likely lose!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, September 12, 2004 12:57 PM

NEROLI


Well, without some last minute miracle it does look like Mal is going to win, gorramit!

Am I allowed to be as sore a loser as Malicious was last time though? Might make it more bearable.

The Old Broad Monkey

http://lurid-eidolon.org/fireflyawards/index.php

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, September 12, 2004 1:08 PM

MALICIOUS


Bite me! My anger was righteous and TOTALLY justified.

Plus, you cheated.

Mal-licious

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, September 12, 2004 1:12 PM

NEDWARD


So that's 1-1 (unofficially). Best of three?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, September 12, 2004 1:21 PM

MALICIOUS


BRING IT ON.

Mal-licious

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, September 12, 2004 1:31 PM

STIZO


I vote for Wash, cauz he's hi-larious, and for Kaylee, for the way she eats strawberries.



----------------------------------------------
Conquering the galaxy with terrifying space monkeys, one ship at a time...

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, September 12, 2004 2:02 PM

NEROLI


Quote:

Originally posted by Malicious:
Bite me! My anger was righteous and TOTALLY justified.

Plus, you cheated.

Mal-licious



Yes, Miss "I Have Three Friends Without Computer Access That Want To Vote For Mal".

And I may have "robbed" Mal of a vote. But honestly, I was telling Billie Dawn she should come check the board out, ain't my fault she didn't listen to me...I shouldn't have had to tell her why she should check it out. Plus, I did not vote for Jayne myself in that poll until the tie breaker. I voted for Gunhand, so bite me!

The Old Broad Monkey

http://lurid-eidolon.org/fireflyawards/index.php

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, September 12, 2004 2:14 PM

MALICIOUS


Consider yourself bitten. Lucky for you, I do not have any diseases. Well, I might NOW....

Mal-licious

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, September 12, 2004 2:23 PM

INSOMNIA


Favorite male: Jayne

Favorite female: Kaylee

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, September 12, 2004 7:24 PM

NEROLI


Quote:

Originally posted by Malicious:
Consider yourself bitten. Lucky for you, I do not have any diseases. Well, I might NOW....

Mal-licious



Brat.

The Old Broad Monkey

http://lurid-eidolon.org/fireflyawards/index.php

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, September 12, 2004 7:31 PM

ELWOODMOM


Do I have to separate you two...again???

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, September 12, 2004 7:32 PM

ELWOODMOM


Quote:

Originally posted by Malicious:
Consider yourself bitten. Lucky for you, I do not have any diseases. Well, I might NOW....

Mal-licious



BEHAVE!!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, September 12, 2004 7:34 PM

ELWOODMOM


Thank you, Stizo and Insomnia, for your votes. I can see that SOME people around here know how to conduct themselves! *cough*MaliciousandNeroli*cough*

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, September 13, 2004 1:12 AM

WHEDONESQUE


I missed it!! DAMN!

Oh well, just in case anyone is interested I would have voted for Mal and River this time. The more complex characters are growing on me over time, I guess.

BTW, Gunhand is fine. Still stuck in PA and a bit mopey about it, too.

He is having some kind of computer problem (mumbled something about a 'cookie', but then again he could have just been hungry...)that prevents him from getting on FFF.net...or so he says...

But he sends his love and he was happy to hear that he and Madagascar Cobb have not been forgotten!




We've done the impossible and that makes us mighty. Mal - Serenity

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, September 13, 2004 3:15 AM

MALICIOUS


Quote:

Originally posted by Elwoodmom:
Thanks, Neroli. Kinda sad, isn't it, that Jayne will most likely lose!





Ohhh! SOOOOO sad! Boofreakinhooo!

MAL WINS!!!! YAY!



(does a jig with me lucky charms, dances, does cartwheels, sings "CEL-A-BRATE good times, come on!" and HATES that song!)

Mal-licious

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, September 13, 2004 7:07 AM

ELWOODMOM


Congratulations on Mal's win, but remember what I taught you about sportmanship conduct...! Careful with the cartwheels, you could hurt yourself! And congrats again!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, September 13, 2004 7:09 AM

ELWOODMOM


I'm sorry you missed it, but thanks for your input anyway! And we're happy to hear about Gunhand. Please tell him that with good behavior, he could get released from the pokey soon!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, September 13, 2004 9:33 AM

NEROLI


Quote:

Originally posted by Elwoodmom:
Do I have to separate you two...again???



Well, judging by Malicious sore winner dance, probably.

Can I whoop her ass Mom? Can I? Can I?

The Old Broad Monkey

http://lurid-eidolon.org/fireflyawards/index.php

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, September 13, 2004 9:39 AM

NEROLI


Quote:

Originally posted by whedonesque:
BTW, Gunhand is fine. Still stuck in PA and a bit mopey about it, too.

He is having some kind of computer problem (mumbled something about a 'cookie', but then again he could have just been hungry...)that prevents him from getting on FFF.net...or so he says...

But he sends his love and he was happy to hear that he and Madagascar Cobb have not been forgotten!



Thanks for letting us know he's doing Ok, it just wasn't the same doing the poll without him this time.

Long live Gunhand and Madagascar Cobb!

The Old Broad Monkey

http://lurid-eidolon.org/fireflyawards/index.php

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, September 13, 2004 2:31 PM

MALICIOUS


Quote:

Originally posted by Neroli:
Quote:

Originally posted by Elwoodmom:
Do I have to separate you two...again???



Well, judging by Malicious sore winner dance, probably.

Can I whoop her ass Mom? Can I? Can I?

The Old Broad Monkey

http://lurid-eidolon.org/fireflyawards/index.php




Umm, you can TRY!

Mal-licious

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, September 13, 2004 3:14 PM

ELWOODMOM


Quote:

Originally posted by Neroli:
Quote:

Originally posted by Elwoodmom:
Do I have to separate you two...again???



Well, judging by Malicious sore winner dance, probably.

Can I whoop her ass Mom? Can I? Can I?

The Old Broad Monkey

http://lurid-eidolon.org/fireflyawards/index.php




No, you CANNOT whoop her ass! I already gave her a lecture on being a good sport, so I doubt she'll do that dance again. If she does, well, what I can't see, I don't know, ya know?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, September 14, 2004 10:09 PM

NEROLI


Quote:

Originally posted by Elwoodmom:

No, you CANNOT whoop her ass! I already gave her a lecture on being a good sport, so I doubt she'll do that dance again. If she does, well, what I can't see, I don't know, ya know?



Oh, she'll do it again, I have faith in her.

The Old Broad Monkey

http://lurid-eidolon.org/fireflyawards/index.php

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, September 15, 2004 1:48 AM

MALICIOUS


Nah, I'll let you slide this time. I'm a pretty good sport.

(waits til Neroli and Mom's backs are turned, then...does a quick Snoopy dance)

Mal-licious

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, September 15, 2004 8:34 PM

NEROLI


Mom? What's that strange breeze behind us?

The Old Broad Monkey

http://lurid-eidolon.org/fireflyawards/index.php

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, September 17, 2004 7:00 AM

ELWOODMOM


That breeze behind us was Malicious doing a Snoopy dance. How do I know? Because all mothers have eyes on the back of their heads!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, September 17, 2004 7:02 AM

ELWOODMOM


>> waits til Neroli and Mom's backs are turned, then...does <<

And here I was going to give you a big surprise...Nathan WAS coming over tonight to visit. But with that attitude...

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, September 17, 2004 9:21 AM

MALICIOUS


(look of COMPLETE innocence) What are you talking about!? I am being a good sport here! My guy won and I'm a leeetle bit happy, that's all! I swear!

Mal-licious

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, September 17, 2004 10:33 AM

ELWOODMOM


Welllllllllllll...okay then. He'll be here at 8pm, sharp!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, September 17, 2004 11:03 AM

KARENKAY99


ooh ooh. i want to vote again!!

mal
river

"They say the snow on the roof is too heavy. They say the ceiling will cave in. His brains are in terrible danger."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, October 16, 2004 3:17 PM

DELIA


Hey, Elwoodmom! Sorry I missed your new poll. (Like a month ago.)

You still around?

Delia


___________________________________________
Angel: People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do.
Hamilton: Yeah, but we won't care.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, October 16, 2004 6:51 PM

THATWEIRDGIRL


Quote:

Originally posted by whedonesque:
I missed it!! DAMN!

Oh well, just in case anyone is interested I would have voted for Mal and River this time. The more complex characters are growing on me over time, I guess.

BTW, Gunhand is fine. Still stuck in PA and a bit mopey about it, too.

He is having some kind of computer problem (mumbled something about a 'cookie', but then again he could have just been hungry...)that prevents him from getting on FFF.net...or so he says...

But he sends his love and he was happy to hear that he and Madagascar Cobb have not been forgotten!

We've done the impossible and that makes us mighty. Mal - Serenity



We could never forget him!!! Or dear Maddie!!!

www.thatweirdgirl.com

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, October 17, 2004 8:55 AM

ELWOODMOM


Hi, there, Delia! I haven't been around much lately, bet I'm always nearby. How have you been?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, October 17, 2004 9:05 AM

MALICIOUS


Delia!

Hey chiquita, what's shakin'? Missed you lately. How is the This Land Library?

Mal-licious

Co-Holder of the Red Bell from Hell

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, October 17, 2004 9:07 AM

MALICIOUS


Mom!

Long-time-no-get-yelled-at! How are you? Seen Howdy lately? I just heard from Neroli today too. Think up some kind of cheesy poll, they'll all be back for that I bet!

Mal-licious

Co-Holder of the Red Bell from Hell

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, October 17, 2004 10:18 AM

DELIA


Elwoodmom and Mal-Licious,

I'm slowly drowning in grad school related work (I should be grading other people's homework right now, but you can only stand explaining the same thing over and over and over again so many times.) But I'm trying to make an effort to spend more time her -- and check in every so often and say hi. I miss talkin' to y'all.

The This Land Library is fine, though. Thanks for asking.

Delia

___________________________________________
Angel: People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do.
Hamilton: Yeah, but we won't care.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, October 17, 2004 11:39 AM

ELWOODMOM


Quote:

Originally posted by Malicious:
Mom!

Long-time-no-get-yelled-at! How are you? Seen Howdy lately? I just heard from Neroli today too. Think up some kind of cheesy poll, they'll all be back for that I bet!

Mal-licious

Co-Holder of the Red Bell from Hell



Well, hello! I've missed you! How's life treating you? I haven't seen Howdy lately either, and I'm plum-out of ideas for another poll. (rubs chin) Let me think about it awhile!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, October 17, 2004 11:41 AM

ELWOODMOM


Quote:

Originally posted by Delia:
Elwoodmom and Mal-Licious,

I'm slowly drowning in grad school related work (I should be grading other people's homework right now, but you can only stand explaining the same thing over and over and over again so many times.) But I'm trying to make an effort to spend more time her -- and check in every so often and say hi. I miss talkin' to y'all.

The This Land Library is fine, though. Thanks for asking.

Delia

___________________________________________
Angel: People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do.
Hamilton: Yeah, but we won't care.



I'm glad you did check in to say hi, it was a nice surprise to see your message! Take care, don't burn yourself out!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, October 17, 2004 3:40 PM

MALICIOUS


Quote:

Originally posted by Elwoodmom:
Well, hello! I've missed you! How's life treating you? I haven't seen Howdy lately either, and I'm plum-out of ideas for another poll. (rubs chin) Let me think about it awhile!




My life is great! I am flyin' solo now. How's yourn? Also, FYI, 33 days until BIRTHDAY. Take care, Mom.

Mal-licious

Co-Holder of the Red Bell from Hell

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, October 18, 2004 7:17 AM

ELWOODMOM


November 19...must remember...29 again, right??

Solo now? Is this a happy solo, or a sad solo? I just want my chicklets to be happy!

Everything is great here!

You and Neroli behaving??

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, October 18, 2004 9:07 AM

MALICIOUS


Happy solo and I'll be 41 ()

Mal-licious

Co-Holder of the Red Bell from Hell

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
Shiny New Year 2024 — Philadelphia, PA
Sat, October 28, 2023 22:18 - 1 posts
Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk in Spider-man 2 game
Sat, October 28, 2023 07:22 - 1 posts
Jayne’s hat on people, bunnies and chickens…
Fri, October 20, 2023 18:31 - 2 posts
Non Sentient Aliens in Firefly
Fri, October 6, 2023 20:03 - 18 posts
Firefly a ripoff of Andromeda?
Wed, October 4, 2023 14:57 - 46 posts
Bad writers go on strike, late night talk is doomed
Fri, September 29, 2023 03:19 - 17 posts
16th Annual Browncoats Backwoods Bash. Bloomington, Indiana. Saturday September 16th 2023.
Sat, September 23, 2023 08:05 - 4 posts
What the Future Holds
Tue, September 19, 2023 08:02 - 27 posts
Why Did Firefly Get Cancelled?: What Happened To The 2002 Sci-Fi Series
Thu, September 7, 2023 17:18 - 2 posts
Way back machine
Tue, August 29, 2023 08:23 - 7 posts
Is Joss Whedon finished as a film maker, is his future destiny to be some muttering male version of Brigitte Bardot, Jane Fonda
Tue, August 29, 2023 08:17 - 10 posts
Testing.
Sun, August 27, 2023 20:46 - 61 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL