CINEMA

Summer must-see list 2015

POSTED BY: JEWELSTAITEFAN
UPDATED: Monday, November 2, 2015 02:55
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 3877
PAGE 1 of 1

Monday, March 23, 2015 8:49 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Saw a trailer for Big Game, had not heard of it before.
And Pixels looks like a money maker.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, March 23, 2015 9:48 PM

ECGORDON

There's no place I can be since I found Serenity.


Here's what I'm looking forward to:

April:
The Moon and the Sun
Ex-Machina
The Age of Adaline

May:
Avengers 2
Tomorrowland
Spy

June:
Jurassic World

July:
Terminator: Genisys
Ant Man

August:
The Man From UNCLE

October:
Crimson Peak

November:
Mockingjay Part 2
The Martian



NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 6:32 PM

SC_FF_FAN


I concur with ECGORGON's list, but I'm also curious about -
Pan Jul
Fantastic 4 (reboot) Aug

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 6:52 PM

MUTT999



May 15---->Mad Max Fury Road. Gonna miss Mel, but can't wait!




NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 1:03 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


It really looks good, count me in!


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by MUTT999:

May 15---->Mad Max Fury Road. Gonna miss Mel, but can't wait!





NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2:41 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


Haven't heard of Big Game, but Pixels looks fun................but I really like Mission Impossible and Mr. Holmes.


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Saw a trailer for Big Game, had not heard of it before.
And Pixels looks like a money maker.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2:50 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


I like your list as well, especially...........................

Avenger 2
Tomorrowland
Spy
Terminator: Genesis
Crimson Peak
MockingJay Part 2

The Man from UNCLE I saved for last. Boy does this bring back fond memories of being a kid and looking forward to becoming a spy.

"Open channel D, please!"

Two of the best character names in TV history - Napoleon Solo and Illya Kuryakin.

Can't wait.


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by ecgordon:
Here's what I'm looking forward to:

April:
The Moon and the Sun
Ex-Machina
The Age of Adaline

May:
Avengers 2
Tomorrowland
Spy

June:
Jurassic World

July:
Terminator: Genisys
Ant Man

August:
The Man From UNCLE

October:
Crimson Peak

November:
Mockingjay Part 2
The Martian




NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 6:54 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by SHINYGOODGUY:
Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Saw a trailer for Big Game, had not heard of it before.
And Pixels looks like a money maker.


Haven't heard of Big Game, but Pixels looks fun................but I really like Mission Impossible and Mr. Holmes.


SGG


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2088003/
Samuel L. Jackson is the President. The synopsis is not nearly as good as the trailer.
While looking that up, saw that he will have Nick Fury next year.
I also agree with MI: Ghost Protocol, but only after I saw the trailer.

Spy with Morena and Rose Byrne looks good, but I didn't think of that as summer.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, March 29, 2015 4:41 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


What little I've seen of Terminator trailer, looks interesting.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, April 9, 2015 7:26 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Saw ads for Mad Max. Looks like George Miller has figured out this time that having more screen time for hot babes might be better. Post-apocalyptic hunger and hardships makes for a plausible excuse to have anorexic waifs soaking up screen time, like the eldest granddaughter of Elvis.

The story I saw sounds almost like Mad Max, but the trailer looks more like Road Warrior. Is it supposed to be purely a reboot of RW, or is it supposed to be slightly different in timeline and/or story?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, May 1, 2015 4:04 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by MUTT999:
May 15---->Mad Max Fury Road. Gonna miss Mel, but can't wait!


The new trailers have been revealing more of the storyline. It is sounding more like post apocalypse Unforgiven than Road Warrior.
Anybody have a better handle on it, or a different take?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 2, 2015 6:58 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


I don't wanna prejudge it, but I'm with Mutt, I'm gonna miss Mel. Looks more like Road Warrior but I'm hoping it's a continuation of his journey across the Badlands.
I'm guessing after Thunderdome and that those women are part of the kids he saved.

I'm also a little nostalgic for the Big Humungous.

Bring on the wenches!


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Quote:

Originally posted by MUTT999:
May 15---->Mad Max Fury Road. Gonna miss Mel, but can't wait!


The new trailers have been revealing more of the storyline. It is sounding more like post apocalypse Unforgiven than Road Warrior.
Anybody have a better handle on it, or a different take?


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 2, 2015 2:58 PM

ECGORDON

There's no place I can be since I found Serenity.


The original Mad Max is the only one I think I'd ever want to rewatch. Not a big fan of Road Warrior, and definitely not of Thunderdome. I have no interest in Fury Road. The same can be said about most every other sequel, prequel, remake or reboot out there. Yep, that goes for Star Wars too.



NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 2, 2015 3:14 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by ecgordon:
The original Mad Max is the only one I think I'd ever want to rewatch. Not a big fan of Road Warrior, and definitely not of Thunderdome. I have no interest in Fury Road. The same can be said about most every other sequel, prequel, remake or reboot out there. Yep, that goes for Star Wars too.


Most fans of the Mad Max verse rewatched Road Warrior many times, because it was the only film of it's kind. Mad Max had not been readily available to the masses prior to RW. I didn't know of anybody who had seen it, although after RW everybody wanted to see it (I mean hundreds of guys I knew).
I agree about Thunderdome.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 2, 2015 4:41 PM

ECGORDON

There's no place I can be since I found Serenity.


I couldn't help watching Road Warrior several times since I was a projectionist then. It wasn't because I liked it much. The original has more tense, dramatic moments, both sequels were mainly overblown stunts. Fury Road seems like the typical modern action film, with more explosions and stunts per minute than the previous film, and mostly CGI. I'm really getting burned out on this type of movie.



NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 2, 2015 5:07 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by ecgordon:
I couldn't help watching Road Warrior several times since I was a projectionist then. It wasn't because I liked it much. The original has more tense, dramatic moments, both sequels were mainly overblown stunts. Fury Road seems like the typical modern action film, with more explosions and stunts per minute than the previous film, and mostly CGI. I'm really getting burned out on this type of movie.


Can you think of a film that in fact SPAWNED this genre both before and more than Road Warrior?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 2, 2015 5:30 PM

ECGORDON

There's no place I can be since I found Serenity.


Damnation Alley? I hope that's not it, because it hurt my head just thinking of that one again.



NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, May 3, 2015 3:58 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by ecgordon:
Damnation Alley? I hope that's not it, because it hurt my head just thinking of that one again.


I don't think that was the greater success, the suspension of disbelief was sub-par for me. I think far fewer have seen that than RW.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, May 4, 2015 2:35 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


Although I like the Ro ad Warrior, I was not crazy about Thunderdome, and I get that the movies today use far too much of the CGI tech and not enough real stunts (at the appropriate time in the story).

I took a date to see Furious 7, plus I was curious, mainly because she was gaga over Paul Walker. I would imagine there was so much CGI in that movie because some of the stunts were absolutely ridiculous and rather comical. I spent about half the movie laughing. Plus the so-called serious scenes were also laughable, but for a different reason. Blue/green screen and CGI could be used to wonderous affect within the context of the movie, but I dare say that studios and directors fall way too in love with the tech and totally disregard the story. Ultimately in the end, it's about the story.

People that like to see wall-to-wall action will not win out at the end of the day, there's only so much of that to go around. Audiences have both become more sophisticated and more dumbfounded when it comes to tech. The second trilogy of Star Wars suffered greatly because Lucas was trapped back in 1977 and was unable to progress the story and thought Jar-Jar would entertain the kiddies in the theater.
Sorry George, those kids grew up and expected a helluva lot more.

The story, always the story. Without it you got a bunch of people running around blowing shit up, without a story it will make history for all the wrong reasons. I'm going to see Mad Max, because I like the overall story and to see if George Miller can pull it off. But I'm also prepared to be disappointed, trouble is that seems to be the norm these days with Hollywood losing it's balls to dream big and do something daring and different (Think Matrix 1999).


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by ecgordon:
I couldn't help watching Road Warrior several times since I was a projectionist then. It wasn't because I liked it much. The original has more tense, dramatic moments, both sequels were mainly overblown stunts. Fury Road seems like the typical modern action film, with more explosions and stunts per minute than the previous film, and mostly CGI. I'm really getting burned out on this type of movie.




NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, May 4, 2015 5:04 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by SHINYGOODGUY:
Although I like the Ro ad Warrior, I was not crazy about Thunderdome, and I get that the movies today use far too much of the CGI tech and not enough real stunts (at the appropriate time in the story).

I took a date to see Furious 7, plus I was curious, mainly because she was gaga over Paul Walker. I would imagine there was so much CGI in that movie because some of the stunts were absolutely ridiculous and rather comical. I spent about half the movie laughing. Plus the so-called serious scenes were also laughable, but for a different reason. Blue/green screen and CGI could be used to wonderous affect within the context of the movie, but I dare say that studios and directors fall way too in love with the tech and totally disregard the story.


SGG


Were you in agreement that most of the stunt team that actually performed the real stunts with vehicles were not allowed to have credit at the end of the film? They were not told about it, until the film was released without any of their names in the credit rolls.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 5:46 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


I was not aware that Furious 7 producers were that shallow, not to allow for credit where credit is due. I would imagine that Deisel had something to do with that. Perhaps wanting for the fans to think that these actors actually drive these cars and do all their own stunts.

Unbelieveable!


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Quote:

Originally posted by SHINYGOODGUY:
Although I like the Ro ad Warrior, I was not crazy about Thunderdome, and I get that the movies today use far too much of the CGI tech and not enough real stunts (at the appropriate time in the story).

I took a date to see Furious 7, plus I was curious, mainly because she was gaga over Paul Walker. I would imagine there was so much CGI in that movie because some of the stunts were absolutely ridiculous and rather comical. I spent about half the movie laughing. Plus the so-called serious scenes were also laughable, but for a different reason. Blue/green screen and CGI could be used to wonderous affect within the context of the movie, but I dare say that studios and directors fall way too in love with the tech and totally disregard the story.


SGG


Were you in agreement that most of the stunt team that actually performed the real stunts with vehicles were not allowed to have credit at the end of the film? They were not told about it, until the film was released without any of their names in the credit rolls.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 8:29 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by SHINYGOODGUY:
I was not aware that Furious 7 producers were that shallow, not to allow for credit where credit is due. I would imagine that Deisel had something to do with that. Perhaps wanting for the fans to think that these actors actually drive these cars and do all their own stunts.

Unbelieveable!


SGG


TMZ caught Michelle Rodriguez and asked her - she was seriously ticked! They also asked her if ti would make a difference, and this was opening week, she said if your name is in the credits of the world's number one film with $160 million dollars - how stupid do you have to be to ask that question?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 4:45 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


Michelle is a down-home-girl, meaning she's a real person. I like her for that reason. To me, Paul Walker's death, sorry to say, was the driving force behind that movie making a mint. Even I was curious (this was my first theater experience with the whole franchise) and now it seems Deisel is out to make it number 8.

I think there's another reason why this franchise has 7 under it's belt - the whacked out stunts. So for them to diss the stunt men and women in this latest movie is downright despicable.

I would be pissed too. As a matter of fact, I AM pissed!


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Quote:

Originally posted by SHINYGOODGUY:
I was not aware that Furious 7 producers were that shallow, not to allow for credit where credit is due. I would imagine that Deisel had something to do with that. Perhaps wanting for the fans to think that these actors actually drive these cars and do all their own stunts.

Unbelieveable!


SGG


TMZ caught Michelle Rodriguez and asked her - she was seriously ticked! They also asked her if ti would make a difference, and this was opening week, she said if your name is in the credits of the world's number one film with $160 million dollars - how stupid do you have to be to ask that question?


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 7:17 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Because you have avoided the others in the franchise, I will suggest you continue to avoid the Tokyo Drift one - that almost killed it all.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, May 7, 2015 7:24 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


I also enjoyed Ex-Machina. Was surprised it was done in 2013 - must have benefited from Imitation Game reviving interest in the Turing Test.


Select to view spoiler:



It seemed like a base version of the theory behind Blade Runner. Some of my guesses during the film were incorrect.
How did he take apart and handle the razor blades without cutting his fingers, even when trying?


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, May 18, 2015 6:20 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by ecgordon:
Here's what I'm looking forward to:

April:
The Moon and the Sun
Ex-Machina
The Age of Adaline

May:
Avengers 2
Tomorrowland
Spy

June:
Jurassic World

July:
Terminator: Genisys
Ant Man

August:
The Man From UNCLE

October:
Crimson Peak

November:
Mockingjay Part 2
The Martian


Tomorrowland? Did you know that was a Clooney work when you posted that?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, May 18, 2015 10:13 PM

ECGORDON

There's no place I can be since I found Serenity.


Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Tomorrowland? Did you know that was a Clooney work when you posted that?


I don't give a shit what you think of certain actors. I don't have to make my choices based on your opinion. Clooney has done some good films, and quite a few bad. My main interest in Tomorrowland is the director, Brad Bird.



NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 6:59 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by SC_FF_FAN:
I concur with ECGORGON's list, but I'm also curious about -
Pan Jul
Fantastic 4 (reboot) Aug


I didn't know F4 was recasting Jessica Alba's role with Jane Mara - good call. Just saw the trailer, looks good.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, May 25, 2015 11:33 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


Just saw Ex Machina, excellent film, and yes it probably did get a boost from the Imitation Game (Turing Test), which is also a very good film.

Ex Machina: Loved the tone and pace of the film, a real Indie work of art. Oscar Isaac was slimy and conniving as the modern-day Frankenstein. But for my money Alicia Vikander as Ava, stole the movie. She was brilliant. Childlike, manipulative and calculating; conveying emotion and emotionless almost simultaneously. Truly an underrated and unknown performance - until now. Very little in this movie is predictable, it felt like a Twilight Zone story to the 10th Power, the film moved quite well and had a solid storyline. Dr. Frankenstein (Mary Shelley) would be proud.


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
I also enjoyed Ex-Machina. Was surprised it was done in 2013 - must have benefited from Imitation Game reviving interest in the Turing Test.


Select to view spoiler:



It seemed like a base version of the theory behind Blade Runner. Some of my guesses during the film were incorrect.
How did he take apart and handle the razor blades without cutting his fingers, even when trying?



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, May 25, 2015 11:43 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


Clooney has done some good films, and quite a few bad. My main interest in Tomorrowland is the director, Brad Bird.

Me, too. I'm really curious about this film, mainly because I like bits of magic/fantasy in my stories (it's why I went to see John Carter). The trailer piqued my interest - gonna see it sometime this week.


SGG

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 7:36 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by ecgordon:
Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Tomorrowland? Did you know that was a Clooney work when you posted that?


I don't give a shit what you think of certain actors. I don't have to make my choices based on your opinion. Clooney has done some good films, and quite a few bad. My main interest in Tomorrowland is the director, Brad Bird.


Are you a fan of his cartoon work, or MI?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 10:58 PM

ECGORDON

There's no place I can be since I found Serenity.


Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Are you a fan of his cartoon work, or MI?


Primarily The Iron Giant and The Incredibles. I haven't seen Ghost Protocol or Ratatouille.



NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, May 28, 2015 1:57 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


I love both the Iron Giant and The Incredibles, but I could tell you Ghost Protocol was very well done (except for the ending, I was not fond of the ending) and Ratatouille was cute but forgettable.


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by ecgordon:
Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Are you a fan of his cartoon work, or MI?


Primarily The Iron Giant and The Incredibles. I haven't seen Ghost Protocol or Ratatouille.




NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, May 28, 2015 8:04 AM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


So far I've seen

Furious 7 - Barely having watched any of the series, I still found it entertaining. A bit over the top, but what the heck.

Avengers : Age of Ultron - Very entertaining. Well done, though I still think the first was better. Too much going, with too many subplots for my liking.

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen

I'm just a red pill guy in a room full of blue pill addicts.

" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, May 28, 2015 7:11 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:
So far I've seen

Furious 7 - Barely having watched any of the series, I still found it entertaining. A bit over the top, but what the heck.

Avengers : Age of Ultron - Very entertaining. Well done, though I still think the first was better. Too much going, with too many subplots for my liking.

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen

I'm just a red pill guy in a room full of blue pill addicts.

" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall


How have I missed Furiouser? Must have been busy.

Noticed San Andreas has Archie Panjabi, Carla Gugino, Alexandra Daddario. What, are only huge racks allowed in this film? They must have a bunch of slow-mo running going on.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, May 28, 2015 7:26 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!



Well, Dwayne Johnson is a pretty big boob himself, so...

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen

I'm just a red pill guy in a room full of blue pill addicts.

" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, May 28, 2015 8:09 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:

Well, Dwayne Johnson is a pretty big boob himself, so...

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen

I'm just a red pill guy in a room full of blue pill addicts.

" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall


Yeah, the Rock has a rack.
Yeah, I intentionally left that one unlisted.
Yeah, it was a decent set-up for anybody reading.

It took you 15 minutes to reply with the obvious - how slow are you?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, May 28, 2015 10:48 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


I'm older now. Some things take longer than they once did.

I'm sure you understand.

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen

I'm just a red pill guy in a room full of blue pill addicts.

" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, May 29, 2015 5:52 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:
I'm older now. Some things take longer than they once did.

I'm sure you understand.

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen


Sounds like a Country song.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, May 29, 2015 8:22 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:
I'm older now. Some things take longer than they once did.

I'm sure you understand.

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen


Sounds like a Country song.



Dibs!

Maybe Randy Travis can stay sober long enough to record a version.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 30, 2015 4:41 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:
Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:
I'm older now. Some things take longer than they once did.

I'm sure you understand.

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen


Sounds like a Country song.


Dibs!

Maybe Randy Travis can stay sober long enough to record a version.


Was it Toby Keith already did a similar? Something like Once I could do it, but now I can do it once?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 30, 2015 8:05 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Oh yeah, sounds about right. I'm not up on my Toby Keith songs, I guess.

Quote:


I ain't as good as I once was
But I'm as good once as I ever was



I'm a bit beyond that now, I'll confess.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 8:39 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:
So far I've seen

Furious 7 - Barely having watched any of the series, I still found it entertaining. A bit over the top, but what the heck.

Avengers : Age of Ultron - Very entertaining. Well done, though I still think the first was better. Too much going, with too many subplots for my liking.


How have I missed Furiouser? Must have been busy.

Noticed San Andreas has Archie Panjabi, Carla Gugino, Alexandra Daddario. What, are only huge racks allowed in this film? They must have a bunch of slow-mo running going on.


Yep, some slo-mo running. Not very deep, like a big budget TV movie script.

For Tomorrowland, can't really blame the director for that. Not sure if it is less dumb than Gravity, definitely more stupid than The Muppets movie, if same theme. Couldn't even bear to stay to watch for codas.

Saw trailer for Star Wars - they used the same music from Star Trek reboot - and it seems Episode 1-6 Star Wars also. I don't recall noticing that Star trek used Star Wars music from Ep 1-6 - was this discussed already?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 8:32 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Saw a trailer for Big Game, had not heard of it before.
And Pixels looks like a money maker.


Pixels was fun, not too much more than expected. Good casting with Ashley Benson and First Lady Jane Krakowski. And a bit part for the actual creator of Pac-man Toru Iwatani. Q-bert was a far better character than expected.


Plus, I have added Regression to my list, but it is the end of August release.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 2:30 PM

ECGORDON

There's no place I can be since I found Serenity.


I looked around but didn't see a dedicated thread for Mad Max: Fury Road.

In this thread I originally said I had no interest in it. Should have stuck to that plan. Caught it yesterday at the discount theater where ticket price is just .50 on Tuesdays.

Just as with Jupiter Ascending earlier in the year, I wanted to ask for my money back.



NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, November 1, 2015 1:10 AM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


I have not been able to keep current, traveling too much.
Anybody find any nice surprises?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, November 2, 2015 2:55 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


Bridge of Spies was good. Other than that, I'm into:

Steve Jobs
Sicario (Emily Blunt, enough said)
Room (Brie Larson)
Trumbo (Bryan Cranston, Alan Tudyk)
Joy
Carol
MockingJay Part 2


That's about it for 2015. It went by so fast.


SGG

Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
I have not been able to keep current, traveling too much.
Anybody find any nice surprises?


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
The Post
Mon, January 15, 2018 17:07 - 4 posts
Movies in 2018
Mon, January 15, 2018 07:56 - 13 posts
Molly's Game
Sun, January 14, 2018 23:14 - 1 posts
The Last Jedi Discussion
Fri, January 12, 2018 21:00 - 21 posts
What Are Your Must-See Films For 2018?
Thu, January 11, 2018 20:50 - 12 posts
Taco Bell Finally Throws Down the Gauntlet in the Fabled Franchise Wars
Thu, January 11, 2018 16:57 - 3 posts
The Last Jedi
Tue, January 9, 2018 09:07 - 13 posts
What Are Your Best Films of 2017 So Far?
Sun, January 7, 2018 11:32 - 45 posts
Oscar Suggestions
Sat, December 30, 2017 01:11 - 22 posts
What Are Your Must-See Films - 2017?
Thu, December 28, 2017 03:02 - 71 posts
Wind River
Sun, December 24, 2017 16:21 - 41 posts
Golden Globes 2018
Mon, December 18, 2017 20:38 - 8 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL