GENERAL DISCUSSIONS

Robert Vaughn dead at 83

POSTED BY: BRENDA
UPDATED: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 12:15
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 642
PAGE 1 of 1

Friday, November 11, 2016 11:56 PM

BRENDA


Robert Vaughn the actor who brought the dashing and debonair Napoleon Solo to life died today.

He had a part in the "Magnificent Seven" as a gambler and played a psychologist in the "Mind of Mr. Soames"

There were numerous guest appearances during the 90s and a reoccurring role on the A-Team tv series.

He will be missed.

Channel D closed

Cause of death cancer.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, November 13, 2016 12:24 PM

ANONYMOUSE


I liked his appearance in Battle Beyond The Stars:

Shad: I'm on a mission for the people of Akir, I'm hiring mercenaries to protect against an invasion. But food and shelter is all I can offer in payment; all of our wealth is in our culture.
Gelt: I could buy your planet ten times over with what I've gathered in this room. Plutonium...cadmium...Qualine crystals...I've been very well paid for my work.
Shad: I see. I'm sorry to have trespassed on your time. (he turns to leave)
Gelt: No...wait. Listen to the rest: I sleep with my back to the wall...when I can sleep. I eat serpents seven times a week. There's not a major city in this galaxy where I can show my face, or spend my wealth. Right now your offer looks very attractive to me. (He rises from his seat/throne) A meal, and a place to hide.

Which he got; at his funeral:

Shad: Have someone prepare a meal.
Medic: A meal?
Shad: Full course. Then bury it with him.
Medic: Bury it?
Shad: That was our arrangement...a meal and a place to hide.




NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, November 13, 2016 1:58 PM

BRENDA


Think I saw "Battle Beyond the Stars" but don't remember much of it.

"The Mind of Mr. Soames" was sort of a science fiction thing.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, November 14, 2016 11:48 AM

BRENDA


Napoleon never wanted to hide. All he wanted was a glass of fine wine, a beautiful woman on his arm and Illya to have his back.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 7:00 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


Yes, RIP Napoleon.

I heard the news the other day and was kind of surprised. One of my favorite TV characters growing up. He will be missed.


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Robert Vaughn the actor who brought the dashing and debonair Napoleon Solo to life died today.

He had a part in the "Magnificent Seven" as a gambler and played a psychologist in the "Mind of Mr. Soames"

There were numerous guest appearances during the 90s and a reoccurring role on the A-Team tv series.

He will be missed.

Channel D closed

Cause of death cancer.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 7:01 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


Yes, Close Channel D please.


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Napoleon never wanted to hide. All he wanted was a glass of fine wine, a beautiful woman on his arm and Illya to have his back.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 12:15 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by SHINYGOODGUY:
Yes, RIP Napoleon.

I heard the news the other day and was kind of surprised. One of my favorite TV characters growing up. He will be missed.


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Robert Vaughn the actor who brought the dashing and debonair Napoleon Solo to life died today.

He had a part in the "Magnificent Seven" as a gambler and played a psychologist in the "Mind of Mr. Soames"

There were numerous guest appearances during the 90s and a reoccurring role on the A-Team tv series.

He will be missed.

Channel D closed

Cause of death cancer.




I found out on a fanfiction site that I like to read and was surprised. These older actors can fade away and we their fans don't realize anything is wrong until they die.

As I've said I think before of Napoleon and Illya. Illya was my favourite. I will be more saddened when David McCallum goes. I used to watch the "Invisible Man" as a child and was fascinated that he could peel off his mask and such and not be there.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
76th Independent Battalion Part 48
Fri, March 24, 2017 09:49 - 879 posts
Firefly shout-out in Deadpool 2 teaser.
Wed, March 22, 2017 19:13 - 19 posts
CAPTION TIGHTPANTS: Aim to Misbehave #84
Fri, March 17, 2017 12:20 - 19 posts
"Adam is a Hottie"---FFF Version
Mon, March 13, 2017 18:54 - 840 posts
Adam Baldwin in TNT Pilot "Last Ship"
Wed, March 8, 2017 19:13 - 14 posts
"The Last Ship" season premiere pushed back
Wed, March 8, 2017 19:05 - 10 posts
Webcomics
Wed, March 8, 2017 18:11 - 2 posts
The Shopping Cart : ???????????????? ???? ??????? ????????, coolwatchesbuy.co
Wed, March 8, 2017 12:13 - 2 posts
Best movie that only a few people know about
Mon, March 6, 2017 20:00 - 86 posts
Firefly leaving Netflix Instant 2017 March 31
Sun, March 5, 2017 13:20 - 2 posts
Looking for players in a Firefly sim/rpg called Nightwolf
Sat, March 4, 2017 23:26 - 1 posts
a firefly role play
Fri, March 3, 2017 12:45 - 5 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL