BUFFYVERSE

The Opening to the Movie Blade

POSTED BY: RIVER6213
UPDATED: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 18:09
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 2531
PAGE 1 of 1

Friday, February 23, 2007 10:24 PM

RIVER6213


I was watching the opening to the movie Blade and I watched the scene where that vamp woman takes that guy into that rave club, and leaves him for dead pretty much in that crowd of vampires. I watched as the fire sprinklers sprayed all of that blood down on the rave crowd, and the horror of that innocent guy as all the vamps where reacting to him. I also watched in glee as that innocent guy fell down and then looked up to see Blade who proceeded to kick vampire butt.

The way the film looked and felt...it seemed like it could have fit quite well in the Buffy and Angel 'verse. If you can...watch it and you will see what I mean. The Vamps are dusted just like in Buffy and Angel.

Would it not have nice to see Buffy or Faith in the role of Blade rather than Blade himself? Just wondering...

-River



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 24, 2007 4:32 AM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Would it not have nice to see Buffy or Faith in the role of Blade rather than Blade himself? Just wondering...



I've got nothing against Blade, as he's pretty bad ass himself and all, but yeah. I'd rather see Buffy and Faith fold socks or do just about anything instead of Blade.



People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss

" They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself. "

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 24, 2007 8:33 AM

22CLAWS

Entirely pointy.


I was already a Buffy fan before I ever saw the Blade movies.
He's always seemed like a substitute slayer to me.

22

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 24, 2007 12:02 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Quote:

Originally posted by 22Claws:
I was already a Buffy fan before I ever saw the Blade movies.
He's always seemed like a substitute slayer to me.

22



Kinda makes me wonder if he and Angel would have been able to stand each other.

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss

" They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself. "

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 24, 2007 12:08 PM

JADEHAND


Quote:

Originally posted by 22Claws:
I was already a Buffy fan before I ever saw the Blade movies.
He's always seemed like a substitute slayer to me.

22



yeah, except he's been around a lot longer.
Quote:

Blade (Eric Brooks) is a fictional superhero. Created in 1973 for Marvel Comics by writer Marv Wolfman and artist Gene Colan, Blade was originally a supporting character in the 1970s comic Tomb of Dracula, and has starred in several comic books of his own.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_(comics)


"All these years
Truth In front of my eyes
While I denied
What my heart knows was right."
Neverland(Marbles)-Marillion
visit WWW.Marillion.com for a better way of life.



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 24, 2007 11:32 PM

22CLAWS

Entirely pointy.


I was talking about the movies.
As you mentioned, the comic book history of the character has survived decades in the hands of many different writers and artists.
I was a comic book fan before I was a Buffy fan, but I never really liked Blade (the comic). I checked out the movies, actually only because of discussion on this very forum, and had the aforementioned reaction.
It's just my opinion.

22

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 6:42 PM

RIVER6213


Well...I don't know. I still think they should have made a Blade movie where Blade is in New York fighting a group of really clever and a very intelligent vampire group bent on world domination (aren't they always?) and Blade nearly loses his life trying to stop them, and his life would have ended if not for that group of Slayers lead by Faith or Buffy hadn't investigated the rumor of a "Day Walker" in New York city, and came to see for themselves and ended up in the middle of the conflict which also saves Blades life.

I think it IS possible to merge the Buffy and Angel 'verse with the Blade world. Matter of fact I think that idea is pregnant with all sorts of possibilities.

I think Blade in his own right is a Slayer, and a champion and having him with Buffy's group would add whole new dimensions to any movie.

What bothers me a little is that a series that ran for 7 seasons (Buffy) and 5 seasons (Angel) did not produce one movie. This is a bad thing. Joss should have given us one movie for the road after Angel ended with a combination of Buffy, Angel, Blade, and all the new Slayers in an all-out-stop the-world-from-ending movie. It would have been nice and it would have been a fine ending for the series plus, maybe have given us a few more spin-offs shows.

But what do I know?

-River


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, May 13, 2007 7:43 AM

CATWOMAN


I CAN ACTUALLY PICTURE THAT,BUFFY OR FAITH INSTEAD OF BLADE.OR HOW (NOW DON'T GET MAD OR ANYTHING I'M JUST THROWING THIS IDEA OUT)HOW ABOUT DAVID BOREANAZ AKA ANGEL???WHAT DO U THINK???

BRIDGET

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, May 13, 2007 11:40 AM

CHRISISALL


Quote:

Originally posted by RiveR6213:
Joss should have given us one movie for the road after Angel ended with a combination of Buffy, Angel, Blade, and all the new Slayers in an all-out-stop the-world-from-ending movie. It would have been nice and it would have been a fine ending for the series plus, maybe have given us a few more spin-offs shows.



That's a GREAT thought, but there must have been no way for Joss to pull it off, or I think he woulda done it.

Closure creep Chrisisall

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, May 13, 2007 2:55 PM

RIVER6213


Quote:

Originally posted by chrisisall:
Quote:

Originally posted by RiveR6213:



That's a GREAT thought, but there must have been no way for Joss to pull it off, or I think he woulda done it.

Closure creep Chrisisall



Jesus! In the future PLEASE TRY to contain your sarcasm! Not our fault you don't like Blade.

Sarcastic Gosseboy.

-River


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, May 13, 2007 3:15 PM

MISSTRESSAHARA


Not to diss or anger the Buffy fans, but I've always liked Blade better. He's more kickass, all in leather riding his bike, and he's a day walker, he can protect me night and day.

Plus W.S. is prettier to look at.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~*Peter* Peter*; power *re-peater*~
`@/
/Y
/_)

*Petrelli for President. Together we can soar.*
**********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEROE'S IS MY CRACK!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

That Sylar, he's so hot right now.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, May 13, 2007 3:17 PM

RIVER6213


Quote:

Originally posted by Misstressahara:
Not to diss or anger the Buffy fans, but I've always liked Blade better. He's more kickass, all in leather riding his bike, and he's a day walker, he can protect me night and day.

Plus W.S. is prettier to look at.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~*Peter* Peter*; power *re-peater*~
`@/
/Y
/_)

*Petrelli for President. Together we can soar.*
**********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEROE'S IS MY CRACK!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

That Sylar, he's so hot right now.



I'm right with you on this one. I love all of the Buffy and Angel characters, but Blade rocks, and was an excellent vampire hunter,and he dressed to kill. All the leather he wore WAS nice, and all the weapons and the cute facial expressions...*sigh* The opening to the original movie Blade was priceless. They should have made a Buffy or Angel movie with that kind of opening. The fans would have gone crazy.

I've seen Blade before I got into Joss's Universe of vampire slayers so sue me. This is coming from a person you called at one point "A frightening piece of work."

-River

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 1:48 AM

THESOMNAMBULIST


Yeah Blade is pretty Badass but the poetry of Buffy dusting Vamps is priceless. She is more Iconic. I always remember seeing that shot of her wearing her Prom Dress and looking pretty whilse holding a crossbow! That is brilliant imagery, so conflicting. And while Balde does have some spectacular imagery too, overall I think the Blade Icon isn't there.

Wes looking beefy and charcoaling vamps is a hoot but because of his physique you expect it.

Buffy though is humanised inspight of her powers, that is her charm. And that is what is really tough for her, not the Vamp dusting, but the growing up with those powers. There is a really significant undercurrent to the Buffy character.

Joss really hit onto something with her. She is up there with the greats no doubt.


www.cirqus.com

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 3:16 AM

RIVER6213


Quote:

Originally posted by TheSomnambulist:
Yeah Blade is pretty Badass but the poetry of Buffy dusting Vamps is priceless. She is more Iconic. I always remember seeing that shot of her wearing her Prom Dress and looking pretty whilse holding a crossbow! That is brilliant imagery, so conflicting. And while Balde does have some spectacular imagery too, overall I think the Blade Icon isn't there.

Wes looking beefy and charcoaling vamps is a hoot but because of his physique you expect it.

Buffy though is humanised inspight of her powers, that is her charm. And that is what is really tough for her, not the Vamp dusting, but the growing up with those powers. There is a really significant undercurrent to the Buffy character.

Joss really hit onto something with her. She is up there with the greats no doubt.


www.cirqus.com



Very true, and it also has something to do with the fact that it ran for 7 seasons...

-River

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 3:55 AM

DUG


My wife and I thought the same thing when we saw the opening of Blade. And that was: Gee, this scriptwriter must be familiar with the Nightlife rpg, since this is exactly the description of a Complex bar named Death Row. And on the way into the bar they pass human torsos hanging in the meat packing plant that look exactly like skin-bags from the supplement In the Musical Vein.

Great old game; the first one where you could play the undead. Think WhiteWolf's Vampyre:the Masquerade without all of the angst and whinging. In fact, according to people from Nightlife WhiteWolf people came up the the table at the con where Nightlife was released, picked up a copy and said something like this is the game I want to put out, but better.

Need your clock cleaned? home.windstream.net/clockdug

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 4:24 AM

TEC


i love the day walker. Blade and Angle rock, i was never able to get in to Buffy.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 8:05 AM

CHRISISALL


Blade gets a 'meh' from me, but I can see why some really dig it...

Buffyfile Chrisisall

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 8:27 AM

SINGATE


The movie was fine the way it was. Wesley Snipes being a real life practioner of the martial arts made him a perfect choice for the role. Not that I mind watching Faith do her thing but his fight scenes are poetry in motion. As much as I enjoyed BTVS if it were my ass on the line I'd prefer the badass packing a serious arsenal over a waif with a poiny stick and snappy comebacks.

_________________________________________________

We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 2:35 PM

MISSTRESSAHARA


And we know Wesley can look just as pretty in a prom dress as SMG.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~*Peter* Peter*; power *re-peater*~
`@/
/Y
/_)

*Petrelli for President. Together we can soar.*
**********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEROE'S IS MY CRACK!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

PETER:"FIRE!"

SYLAR:"ICE!"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 6:09 PM

RIVER6213


Quote:

Originally posted by singate:
The movie was fine the way it was. Wesley Snipes being a real life practioner of the martial arts made him a perfect choice for the role. Not that I mind watching Faith do her thing but his fight scenes are poetry in motion. As much as I enjoyed BTVS if it were my ass on the line I'd prefer the badass packing a serious arsenal over a waif with a poiny stick and snappy comebacks.

_________________________________________________

We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.



Lol! agreed!

-River

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
Is there life after Buffy...??
Sat, January 26, 2019 17:27 - 7 posts
Felicia Day On Escape!
Sat, December 22, 2018 10:09 - 1 posts
Buffy Comics Reading Order?
Thu, July 19, 2018 03:00 - 3 posts
BUFFY BRACKETOLOGY - Round 7
Wed, January 31, 2018 20:35 - 1 posts
BUFFY BRACKETOLOGY - Round 6
Wed, January 31, 2018 20:30 - 1 posts
Just finished watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer for the first time
Mon, October 31, 2016 23:08 - 17 posts
Chop wifes head off... get a free hug
Sun, October 30, 2016 12:30 - 3 posts
Sarah Michelle Gellar wins People Choice Award 2014
Wed, April 20, 2016 18:51 - 4 posts
Xander goes wild ! Nicholas Brendon arrested for rowdy antics in hotel room.
Thu, September 3, 2015 08:16 - 9 posts
SMG is a dork
Wed, April 15, 2015 04:09 - 4 posts
SMG gets reality TV series for sane people
Fri, April 10, 2015 16:31 - 1 posts
SMG in beastiality fiasco
Fri, April 10, 2015 16:22 - 3 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL