FIREFLY AND SERENITY GUERILLA MARKETING

Have you told your friends about the new Firefly stories from writers of the show +

POSTED BY: ANONYMOUS1
UPDATED: Friday, July 30, 2010 04:06
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 5276
PAGE 1 of 1

Saturday, May 22, 2010 11:02 AM

ANONYMOUS1


myspace, facebook, twitter etc!

5/25/2010 New Firefly stories from Jane (Shindig) Espenson, Jose (Ariel, Trash) Molina, Ben (Jaynestown, Trash) Edlund and Brett (Heart of Gold) Matthews

Available wherever books are sold.

Worldwide Charity Serenity screenings/events
As of May 15, 2010, there are 39 registered cities for CSTS 2010.
http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com/2010-event-listings/


Wash comic June 02, 2010
Serenity: Float Out





Nathan Fillion's Castle ABC Season 3 Fall 2010 http://abc.go.com/shows/castle/naked-heat <-read chapter 1 of next book

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:04 PM

IREMISST


Does anyone know anything about the Dick and Jane story they left part out? Ever hear back on that??

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 30, 2010 3:17 AM

GWEK


Did they leave part of it out? The comic I saw was maybe 3-4 pages of meh.

I'd feel better about spreading the word about these new stories if they were, I don't know, better. I push the comics at every turn, but wasn't particularly impressed with these short stories (although, in fairness, I don't think I've read the Wash/Kaylee one yet).

www.stillflying.net: "Here's how it might have been..."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 30, 2010 3:48 AM

ZEEK


My friends already think Firefly is nerdy enough. Comic books are the second to last thing I'd ever suggest to them. Don't want to look like a bunch of nerds who live in our parent's basement IMO.

I know that people who read comics come from all walks of life. That doesn't change the general public's view of them though.

At least you didn't suggest a dungeon's and dragons type game. hehe

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 30, 2010 3:56 AM

BYTEMITE


Quote:

Does anyone know anything about the Dick and Jane story they left part out? Ever hear back on that??


I'm not really sure it was meant to be more than one or two pages. As I recall the numbers match up to the table of contents.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 30, 2010 3:57 AM

BYTEMITE


Quote:

Originally posted by GWEK:
Did they leave part of it out? The comic I saw was maybe 3-4 pages of meh.

I'd feel better about spreading the word about these new stories if they were, I don't know, better. I push the comics at every turn, but wasn't particularly impressed with these short stories (although, in fairness, I don't think I've read the Wash/Kaylee one yet).

www.stillflying.net: "Here's how it might have been..."



Well, Joss kind of told them they couldn't give anything away about future plots, so they were kind of limited on what they could do.

Shepherd's Tale looks cool, though. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 30, 2010 4:05 AM

GWEK


Quote:

Originally posted by Zeek:
My friends already think Firefly is nerdy enough. Comic books are the second to last thing I'd ever suggest to them. Don't want to look like a bunch of nerds who live in our parent's basement IMO.

I know that people who read comics come from all walks of life. That doesn't change the general public's view of them though.

At least you didn't suggest a dungeon's and dragons type game. hehe



Looks like you've got some major misconceptions about comic books (and, for that matter, role-playing games... want to tell Vin Diesel he's a dork because he's got a tattoo of his favorite D&D character?).

Also seems that maybe you're a little too concerned about what other people think about you... IMO, anyway.

www.stillflying.net: "Here's how it might have been..."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 30, 2010 4:06 AM

GWEK


Quote:

Originally posted by Bytemite:
Quote:

Originally posted by GWEK:
Did they leave part of it out? The comic I saw was maybe 3-4 pages of meh.

I'd feel better about spreading the word about these new stories if they were, I don't know, better. I push the comics at every turn, but wasn't particularly impressed with these short stories (although, in fairness, I don't think I've read the Wash/Kaylee one yet).

www.stillflying.net: "Here's how it might have been..."



Well, Joss kind of told them they couldn't give anything away about future plots, so they were kind of limited on what they could do.



But I'm pretty sure that Joss didn't say "Write something mediocre, please." :P

www.stillflying.net: "Here's how it might have been..."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
Sarah Paulson on Jimmy Now.
Fri, September 8, 2017 08:17 - 2 posts
Alan as Bruce Wayne's Cousin in Powerless!!
Thu, July 6, 2017 18:05 - 7 posts
Fox Open to Firefly Reboot if Joss Whedon Wants To
Tue, June 20, 2017 19:40 - 31 posts
Firefly Cast Before and After
Mon, April 10, 2017 14:07 - 9 posts
Morena in The Mentalist??
Tue, October 18, 2016 19:17 - 16 posts
Jeopardy Answer Joss Whedon
Sat, October 1, 2016 14:16 - 1 posts
Captain Mal Smuggler Rum Shirt
Thu, September 15, 2016 12:13 - 1 posts
Reynolds/Washburn Presidential Poster 2016
Tue, September 6, 2016 20:11 - 10 posts
Firefly: Back From The Black Picture Book
Sun, September 4, 2016 17:05 - 8 posts
Adam Baldwin Narrating a Book
Thu, August 11, 2016 18:55 - 5 posts
Let us Annotate Serenity
Tue, July 14, 2015 07:42 - 1 posts
Gina in Hannibal
Mon, June 29, 2015 20:52 - 2 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL