REAL WORLD EVENT DISCUSSIONS

Magnitsky Act

POSTED BY: THGRRI
UPDATED: Monday, August 7, 2017 11:43
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 186
PAGE 1 of 1

Friday, July 28, 2017 12:59 PM

THGRRI

May the Good Lord take a liking to you... but not too soon!


Why Does the Kremlin Care So Much About the Magnitsky Act?

What Russian officials mean when they talk about “adoptions”

What made Russian officialdom so mad about the Magnitsky Act is that it was the first time that there was some kind of roadblock to getting stolen money to safety. In Russia, after all, officers and bureaucrats could steal it again, the same way they had stolen it in the first place: a raid, an extortion racket, a crooked court case with forged documents—the possibilities are endless. Protecting the money meant getting it out of Russia. But what happens if you get it out of Russia and it’s frozen by Western authorities? What’s the point of stealing all that money if you can’t enjoy the Miami condo it bought you? What’s the point if you can’t use it to travel to the Côte d’Azur in luxury?

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/07/magnitsky-ac
t-kremlin/535044
/

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 28, 2017 5:17 PM

G

... fully loaded, safety off...


Quote:

Originally posted by THGRRI:
Why Does the Kremlin Care So Much About the Magnitsky Act?

What Russian officials mean when they talk about “adoptions”

What made Russian officialdom so mad about the Magnitsky Act is that it was the first time that there was some kind of roadblock to getting stolen money to safety. In Russia, after all, officers and bureaucrats could steal it again, the same way they had stolen it in the first place: a raid, an extortion racket, a crooked court case with forged documents—the possibilities are endless. Protecting the money meant getting it out of Russia. But what happens if you get it out of Russia and it’s frozen by Western authorities? What’s the point of stealing all that money if you can’t enjoy the Miami condo it bought you? What’s the point if you can’t use it to travel to the Côte d’Azur in luxury?

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/07/magnitsky-ac
t-kremlin/535044/



Trump - ever the child - when he mentioned that he and Putin "we actually talked about abortions" at the G20, he was really giving everyone else on planet earth the middle finger. Spoiled, petulant child that he is, he will get away with the 'tude for a while, but it will catch up to him.
I was listening to Glenn Beck of all people (always nice to hear other perspectives) and he had on Bill Broder, a client of Magnitsky's. Very, very interesting. Something's up when Beck and O'Reilly are having major second thoughts about Trump and Russia. It's only a matter of time. As I have said, it may not be "collusion" - more like obstruction and/or money laundering, but it's coming.

==============================

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 28, 2017 5:20 PM

THGRRI

May the Good Lord take a liking to you... but not too soon!


Quote:

Originally posted by G:
Quote:

Originally posted by THGRRI:
Why Does the Kremlin Care So Much About the Magnitsky Act?

What Russian officials mean when they talk about “adoptions”

What made Russian officialdom so mad about the Magnitsky Act is that it was the first time that there was some kind of roadblock to getting stolen money to safety. In Russia, after all, officers and bureaucrats could steal it again, the same way they had stolen it in the first place: a raid, an extortion racket, a crooked court case with forged documents—the possibilities are endless. Protecting the money meant getting it out of Russia. But what happens if you get it out of Russia and it’s frozen by Western authorities? What’s the point of stealing all that money if you can’t enjoy the Miami condo it bought you? What’s the point if you can’t use it to travel to the Côte d’Azur in luxury?

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/07/magnitsky-ac
t-kremlin/535044/
]

Trump - ever the child - when he mentioned that he and Putin "we actually talked about abortions" at the G20, he was really giving everyone else on planet earth the middle finger. Spoiled, petulant child that he is, he will get away with the 'tude for a while, but it will catch up to him.
I was listening to Glenn Beck of all people (always nice to hear other perspectives) and he had on Bill Broder, a client of Magnitsky's. Very, very interesting. Something's up when Beck and O'Reilly are having major second thoughts about Trump and Russia. It's only a matter of time. As I have said, it may not be "collusion" - more like obstruction and/or money laundering, but it's coming.

==============================



Yep, somethings coming. And he is providing all the information we need to take him down. For all his disruptions and deflections, Mueller just marches on.






NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, July 31, 2017 9:14 PM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


When it comes to what Putin sees as a success and as a failure, remember, it’s not about politics. It’s about money. Vladimir Putin is reportedly richer than Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos combined. (And he’s never even given a second thought to providing free shipping…)
http://fortune.com/2017/07/29/vladimir-putin-russia-jeff-bezos-bill-ga
tes-worlds-richest-man
/

Bill Browder made the claim before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday. He is one of the best authorities on Putin's business dealings.
www.voanews.com/a/terrible-crimes-made-putin-world-richest-person-fina
ncier-tells-senators/3961955.html


Browder cooperated with Putin in anticorruption efforts, but eventually found himself targeted by Putin. That conflict led to the jailing and death of Russian lawyer Sergei Magnitsky, and in turn to the Magnitsky Act sanctions against certain Russian oligarchs by the U.S.

According to Browder’s testimony, Putin amassed his vast wealth by using political clout to coerce Russians who made investments to simply hand over large chunks of their holdings to him. Browder claims Putin has a personal interest in reversing the Magnitsky Act, since many of those impacted by it hold Putin’s money for him. According to Browder, that includes some in U.S. institutions that is frozen or at risk of seizure.

If Browder’s claims are accurate, then, Russia’s interference in the U.S. election may have had as much to do with defending Vladimir Putin’s vast personal wealth as with advancing Russian state interests.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, July 31, 2017 9:25 PM

6STRINGJOKER


Quote:

Originally posted by second:
If Browder’s claims are accurate, then, Russia’s interference in the U.S. election may have had as much to do with defending Vladimir Putin’s vast personal wealth as with advancing Russian state interests.



What interference?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, July 31, 2017 10:05 PM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


Quote:

Originally posted by 6stringJoker:
Quote:

Originally posted by second:
If Browder’s claims are accurate, then, Russia’s interference in the U.S. election may have had as much to do with defending Vladimir Putin’s vast personal wealth as with advancing Russian state interests.



What interference?

Would it be the Russian interference that I infer you don't believe exists? It does exist.
http://time.com/4828306/russian-hacking-election-widespread-private-da
ta
/
www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-13/russian-breach-of-39-states
-threatens-future-u-s-elections


The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, July 31, 2017 11:04 PM

JO753

rezident owtsidr


Jeff Sessionz needz to go to prizon asap, befor he settlez any more Putin casez for pennyz on the dollar.

----------------------------
DUZ XaT SEM RiT TQ YQ? - Jubal Early

http://www.7532020.com

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, July 31, 2017 11:43 PM

1KIKI

Goodbye, kind world (George Monbiot) - In common with all those generations which have contemplated catastrophe, we appear to be incapable of understanding what confronts us.


I see a lot of claims, speculation, and unnamed sources. But no evidence.


http://time.com/4828306/russian-hacking-election-widespread-private-da
ta
/
... current and former officials tell ... investigators found ... two sources tell ... Investigators have not identified whether the hackers in that case were Russian agents. (But immediately afterwards, the article points to the Russians.) the probes into Russian attempts to influence the election ... stolen by Russian state actors ... whether any of this stolen private information ... two sources ... looking at whether ... could ... Russia’s larger strategic goals of undermining U.S. democracy, hurting Hillary Clinton and helping Donald Trump. ... fearing Russia might ... Current and former law enforcement and intelligence officials say ... Russia ... could ... could ... Cyber-security officials ... a senior official ... extent of the Russian effort ... The Russian efforts ... Russian agents ... gained sufficient access ... Russian attack ...





Trump is not the problem. He set himself against the Deep State's agenda. And the Deep State's been heading for WWIII for years.
As for you, you're just a Deep State useful idiot, furthering its agenda. So I hope you enjoy cesium in your coffee. You've earned it.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 3:37 AM

6STRINGJOKER


Yup....

And the claims are all extremely vague.

They can't even define what "hacking" means. I've heard anything from outright hacking and changing votes at the machines, to just generally putting out "fake news" to influence public opinion.

The claims seem to vary from day to day and from source to source.

It doesn't really matter what they are as long as they have the desired effect among the sheep.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 5:56 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


More Fake News.............

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/russia-quick-to-cover-tracks-
after-2016-election-1012670019888



SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by 1kiki:
I see a lot of claims, speculation, and unnamed sources. But no evidence.


http://time.com/4828306/russian-hacking-election-widespread-private-da
ta
/
... current and former officials tell ... investigators found ... two sources tell ... Investigators have not identified whether the hackers in that case were Russian agents. (But immediately afterwards, the article points to the Russians.) the probes into Russian attempts to influence the election ... stolen by Russian state actors ... whether any of this stolen private information ... two sources ... looking at whether ... could ... Russia’s larger strategic goals of undermining U.S. democracy, hurting Hillary Clinton and helping Donald Trump. ... fearing Russia might ... Current and former law enforcement and intelligence officials say ... Russia ... could ... could ... Cyber-security officials ... a senior official ... extent of the Russian effort ... The Russian efforts ... Russian agents ... gained sufficient access ... Russian attack ...





Trump is not the problem. He set himself against the Deep State's agenda. And the Deep State's been heading for WWIII for years.
As for you, you're just a Deep State useful idiot, furthering its agenda. So I hope you enjoy cesium in your coffee. You've earned it.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 5:59 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


Ruling the world is tough business, so who has time for politics? Money, as the man said, makes the world go 'round.


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by second:
When it comes to what Putin sees as a success and as a failure, remember, it’s not about politics. It’s about money. Vladimir Putin is reportedly richer than Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos combined. (And he’s never even given a second thought to providing free shipping…)
http://fortune.com/2017/07/29/vladimir-putin-russia-jeff-bezos-bill-ga
tes-worlds-richest-man
/

Bill Browder made the claim before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday. He is one of the best authorities on Putin's business dealings.
www.voanews.com/a/terrible-crimes-made-putin-world-richest-person-fina
ncier-tells-senators/3961955.html


Browder cooperated with Putin in anticorruption efforts, but eventually found himself targeted by Putin. That conflict led to the jailing and death of Russian lawyer Sergei Magnitsky, and in turn to the Magnitsky Act sanctions against certain Russian oligarchs by the U.S.

According to Browder’s testimony, Putin amassed his vast wealth by using political clout to coerce Russians who made investments to simply hand over large chunks of their holdings to him. Browder claims Putin has a personal interest in reversing the Magnitsky Act, since many of those impacted by it hold Putin’s money for him. According to Browder, that includes some in U.S. institutions that is frozen or at risk of seizure.

If Browder’s claims are accurate, then, Russia’s interference in the U.S. election may have had as much to do with defending Vladimir Putin’s vast personal wealth as with advancing Russian state interests.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 6:35 AM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


Quote:

Originally posted by 1kiki:

I see a lot of claims, speculation, and unnamed sources. But no evidence.

1kiki is forever the skeptic. Which of the following did not happen in your highly educated opinion?

Thanks to Trump, our relationship with Russia is going off the rails.

First, Obama believed Russia interfered with our election. Obama retaliated in a measured way by kicking out a few diplomats and seizing a couple of Russian compounds that had been used as bases for spying. Under normal circumstances, Russia probably would have re-retaliated in some measured way, and that would have been it. Our relationship would have been ice cold, but that’s all.

Trump became president, and he obviously had every intention of befriending Putin. Because of this, his own party took matters out of his hands and passed a new round of sanctions against Russia — sanctions that have severely angered our European allies. This would never have happened under any other president. As a result, Putin decided to retaliate massively by kicking out hundreds of US diplomats and employees. Now, even fairly moderate folks are pushing for yet more retaliation. Maybe we should provide lethal defensive weapons to Ukraine? And if we do that, what does Putin do next?

As long as Putin is in charge of Russia, I don’t think good relations were ever in the cards. But things don’t need to spiral out of control either. With anyone else in the White House, they wouldn’t have.

With Trump, we have three brand new risks we never had before:

We have the risk that Trump himself will do something stupid.

We have the risk that Congress will do something stupid out of fear that Trump will do something stupid.

We have the risk that Putin will do something stupid because he knows that Trump is a buffoon who’s unlikely to stop him.

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 6:49 AM

6STRINGJOKER


Quote:

Originally posted by second:

We have the risk that Putin will do something stupid because he knows that Trump is a buffoon who’s unlikely to stop him.



Remember a month or two ago when Putin had his hand up Trump's ass?

Funny how the narrative changes all the time with Trump being the bad guy, huh?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 6:56 AM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


Quote:

Originally posted by 6stringJoker:
Quote:

Originally posted by second:

We have the risk that Putin will do something stupid because he knows that Trump is a buffoon who’s unlikely to stop him.



Remember a month or two ago when Putin had his hand up Trump's ass?

Funny how the narrative changes all the time with Trump being the bad guy, huh?

Remember when Trump would make America great again? How much has he achieved so far?
www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38663043

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 1:58 PM

JO753

rezident owtsidr


Quote:

Originally posted by 6stringJoker:

Remember a month or two ago when Putin had his hand up Trump's ass?

Funny how the narrative changes all the time with Trump being the bad guy, huh?



No fundamental chanje. Trump will still do hiz best to pleez Putin and Putin will skweez all he can out uv hiz blackmail info.

If Trump cant get it dun, stuff starts 'leaking' out uv Russia. If the sanctionz anger Putin enuf, he will take away all Trump's money.


----------------------------
DUZ XaT SEM RiT TQ YQ? - Jubal Early

http://www.7532020.com

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 3:17 PM

6STRINGJOKER


Uh huh...

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, August 7, 2017 11:43 AM

THGRRI

May the Good Lord take a liking to you... but not too soon!


What Trump wants concerning Russia is mute. He was too stupid to disguise what he was thinking when it came to Russia. Those in power then took steps to block him. Trumps a moron; thank god.






NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
Charlottesville
Sat, August 19, 2017 12:07 - 198 posts
Dutch right film maker banned from LONDONISTAN
Sat, August 19, 2017 11:04 - 48 posts
Countdown Clock to Trumps impeachment " STARTS"
Sat, August 19, 2017 08:30 - 350 posts
Rober E. Lee on civil war monuments
Sat, August 19, 2017 08:26 - 14 posts
Mentally ill leftwing Fakenews CNN & Wolf Blitzer actually speculate Barcelona attack could have been copycat of "Charlottesville"
Sat, August 19, 2017 07:46 - 13 posts
FBI Raids Manafort's Home
Sat, August 19, 2017 03:28 - 43 posts
The Role of Education
Fri, August 18, 2017 17:43 - 11 posts
Tourists Killing Cute Baby Dolphins.
Fri, August 18, 2017 15:12 - 9 posts
Why Nazis Are Just Copies of Democrats
Fri, August 18, 2017 14:57 - 64 posts
Starting a new solar eclipse thread
Fri, August 18, 2017 12:14 - 19 posts
islamic Truck of peace? plunges into crowd in Barcelona, 13+ DEAD MULTIPLE INJURIES
Thu, August 17, 2017 16:58 - 2 posts
Sunni extremism at work- terrorism and atrocities
Thu, August 17, 2017 13:49 - 41 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL