I hope all of 2007 isn't like this
Thursday, January 4, 2007

Firstly, Happy New Year to everyone, I hope you had a good one full of fun, booze, and sex (2 out of 3 here). It seems like a lifetime since I have been on here due to the events of the past week or so, which I will now (hopefully) get down in writing.

The Good: New Years itself was pretty rockin’ for me and mine. I left work early on Friday, and at some point during the day was called to be told that we had Tuesday off due to a day of mourning for president Ford, so I had a good long weekend ahead of me. I had to work Friday night until close, which was ok, as it put a little cashy-money in my pocket. I got the boys from Ami on Saturday, which went well, as I did oversleep a bit (the snooze button gets me in trouble all of the time) but made up for it by giving her a little extra money for gas because she came farther than the halfway point to meet me. I took the boys to my parents’ house, where we all ate like kings and had loads of fun playing. My brother Blee and his girl Moto were there, and my other brother Jonathan and his girl Kat showed up as well. Our New Years party started that Saturday evening, with a gathering at Harley’s Tavern VI ( http://www.tavernvi.com ). There was much alcohol consumed, as well as lots of pasta, ribs, and wings. I went to bed about 4:30 am only because I had to get up several hours later to drive back to Warner Robins to work a shift (we had to pick one holiday of three that we were required to work). I had one table (11 top, made $32 with little effort) and wandered around town in the seriously yucky rain for several more hours afterwards. Went back to the parents’, taking it really easy. There were significantly fewer of us at the Tavern that night, though my best friend Matt was able to show up. We had a few beers, missed midnight due to intense conversations, and watched the Family Guy movie, going to bed around 2 am.

Wow, this is starting to look like a LiveJournal *spit* entry. I guess I have a need to get this stuff out.

The actual New Years Day was good too. We had our traditional meal, including black-eyed peas for good luck, turnip greens and spinach for money, and fresh cornbread (just because it’s so damn good). Watched the Gator Bowl, which was a good game even though GT lost. I was able to go out and see my friend Melissa who I have not seen in at least half a year, which was nice, and ended the evening with some other old friends in Columbus.

Three weeks from today I get to make a very special trip that I am really really looking forward to, my late xmas/birthday (Jan 30th) present to myself.

That concludes the good part of it all, I think.

The Bad: I got up Tuesday and got the boys and their stuff together. I could not reach Ami on her cell phone (it was out of minutes) so I just headed for home to try and find another number that would get to her. Zachary got really sick in the car on the way back, which sucked, as I hate to see either one of them like that. I got in touch with Ami, and we argued about money like we always do. We also fought about when she could get the boys, as I wanted a few hours to myself to recuperate from the weekend before returning to work three long days in a row. She finally relented when I said I would just bring them to the house she is staying in now, saying she would meet me halfway in 2 hours (giving her an hour to unload her van before she had to head out to the rendezvous. When we met, we fought about money again, and she turned to leave in the middle of the argument (looking back on it, this was smart on her part, but at the time it pissed me off to no end).

This next part is what makes The Bad really The Bad.

She got into her van and was closing the door, which I ended up catching with my hand. The catching of the door caused part of it to bend out away from the van a bit, something I didn’t see until later. I reached in and took her van keys, going back to my car with them. She got out and we argued more, then at one point I drove off with her keys (a cusp decision that definitely made things worse for me). I went up to the next exit (we exchange the kids at a rest stop on I-16) and turned around then did it again to get back to the rest stop. When I pulled up to give the keys back, an unmarked GBI car pulled up behind me, followed soon by a GSP *kick spit stab burn* cruiser and two Laurens county sheriffs. I was arrested and taken to the county jail, where I ended up staying for almost 24 hours. Yes, she called the ing cops on me. Due to one officer not seeing things through (his shift ended and he didn’t let the next shift know what needed to be done), I ended up sleeping on an ultra thin mattress in an orange jumpsuit on the floor of cell B-2 that night. I had breakfast and lunch there yesterday, and was finally bonded out in the early afternoon. I had to walk 20 minutes to a gas station, then call a cab to take me back to the rest stop to get my car.

By the time I was there, it was almost time for my bartending shift to start, so I called work (I completely missed a day of the fed job, sorry if I worried anyone). My dad had called them already and explained things, so my shift had been covered, and I was very grateful for the night off last night. The charges were 2 misdemeanors: Disorderly Conduct and Criminal Trespassing (originally cited as damage to property under $500), and I have a court date in February. Hopefully it will be a fine and community service at the most, but I am not sure. I am also not sure how the charges will affect my fed job, with my security clearance and all.

What a ed up way to start 2007, eh?

more The Bad: These past few weeks I have been spending a huge amount of time on FFF, and have been neglecting my work (made easier by all of the supervisors and project managers taking said weeks off). I really don’t want to mess up anything with the job, so I have decided to cut back substantially, at least for a couple of weeks until I can get caught up and/or ahead enough to be able to try to find a workable balance. I will check the threads at home, but on Wednesdays-Fridays I won’t have much time for it. I will most likely not be in the chatroom at all, or if I am it will be on a very limited basis depending on who is on. I will miss terribly my Imponderables, fellow pub patrons, 76th soldiers, Forsaken, and film-companions, but I do not plan to be absent for long.

The best way to reach me at work is via e-mail, james dot spettel at robins dot af dot mil, as I can respond quickly and not get too distracted with it. If’n you want to e-mail me at home, it’s jimi dot spettel at gmail dot com (I think I took it out of my sig).

I am really going to miss having as much contact with you shiny folks, but as has been stated, this should only be a temporary thing.

SFC Alexander, Chief Medic for the 76th Independent Army Battalion


Saturday, January 6, 2007 11:41 AM


Well...it ain't quite the same, but I once got yanked off a tour bus crossing the US/Canada border for having supposedly hinky documentation. Not fun to get interrogated by US Customs:(

Still...relationships are fun, especially when the animosity factor is high. Least you recognize the actions you took that were not the most brilliant ones to choose;)


Thursday, January 4, 2007 9:58 AM


Well, in Ireland getting arrested during the first week of the new year is considered lucky, so things should be looking up for you this year :)

Seriously though, I fully understand the need to cut back on the net (says she who didn't even show up all Christmas) and it's very important not to neglect your work. I'm sure the arrest won't have an impact as it's easy to understand what happened, so try not to worry. *hugs* and *positive thoughts*

Thursday, January 4, 2007 8:27 AM


Oh you silly hot tempered Yeti !!!
I'm glad you're ok and hope the reat of the year is much much better.

Thursday, January 4, 2007 7:45 AM


HUGS to my Jimi baby and hopes that despite the rocky start the new year will get better. You might want to consider having a neutral party ferry the kids between you until you find a better and more comfortable way to handle each other.

Thursday, January 4, 2007 4:19 AM


I can offer man hugs and a "damn her!" to help you along. Do what you need to do, and we'll be here when you return!

Thursday, January 4, 2007 4:12 AM


Super dooper huge Koala hugs my Jimi-bear!! I will be saving lots of huge for you for in 237 days!!

I am so glad you are OK though - and it could have been worse - you could have been stuck in a snow drift with nothing to eat but gummi bears and nothing to drink but... ah... well I'll leave it up to your imagination!

Love you - your Merri-doll from Australia x x x

Thursday, January 4, 2007 3:15 AM


Oh, Jimi! (Mental Hug)

Reading the car thing I flashed back to the bad times in my own marriage. I can relate totally. Things will get better. I promise. ((HUG))
I also understand and support you cutting back. At times, I feel the same way and cut back myself.

We're all pulling for you. See you soon. XO -Maura

Thursday, January 4, 2007 3:05 AM


You got arrested? Wow that really sucks. I'm sorry the beginning of the year sucked so bad for you I'm sure it'll be much better overall.


You must log in to post comments.