FIREFLY UNIVERSE

GR RP "Adventures in GunRunning" ACT 19

POSTED BY: CAPNRAHN
UPDATED: Thursday, August 19, 2004 08:38
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 19558
PAGE 1 of 3

Monday, July 26, 2004 4:10 PM

CAPNRAHN


PREVIOUSLY ON FIREFLY:
ACT 18:
http://fireflyfans.net/thread.asp?b=17&t=5931

CREDITS & BIOS:
http://fireflyfans.net/thread.asp?b=17&t=3498

RPing TOOLS:
Tools and tricks for the hip RPer.
http://fireflyfans.net/thread.asp?b=17&t=4266

GREEN ROOM:
Storyline work and a place for the acKtors to hang out.
OOC 19 http://fireflyfans.net/thread.asp?b=17&t=6448

ARCHIVE:
Includes episode synopses and links to all the threads for prior acts
http://www.fireflyfans.net/thread.asp?b=17&t=3681

DIRECTORIAL STAFF:
Guest DireKtor - DragonflyDireKtor { CapnRahn@aol.com AIM, MSN }
Guest Asst. DireKtor - MercedesTroy { tampa.cyberose@verizon.net AIM}
GameMaster - Geezer { fireflygeezer@cox.net }
Co-Director - FrauDirektor { htempe@hotmail.com, MSN, AIM: MissAstriana, Yahoo!: MissAstriana, ICQ: 9592266}
Co-Director - Channain { channain@yahoo.com; AIM}
Minion - DirektorsSmeagol { DirektorsSmeagol@aol.com } , MSN, AIM)

STUDIO OWNER & RP DISTRIBUTION:
FireflyFans.net produced by Haken

GENERAL POST GUIDELINES
None have been established yet. Each player has a unique style for posting a move that is consistent within itself. You'll catch on!

ACRONYM DEFINITIONS & TERMS
EOM = End of Move
OOC = Out Of Character
POV = Point Of View

Last but not least, the Gunrunners would like to extend a big THANK YOU to Joss Whedon for creating a whole new 'verse for us to play in, and to Haken for giving us a bright, shiny new sandbox theater!

JossGunrunners
HakenGunrunners

"Remember, there is only ONE absolute - There ARE NO absolutes!!!"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, July 26, 2004 4:12 PM

DRAGONFLYDIRECTOR


WHERE ARE THEY NOW >>>
Somewhen between 4:15 and 4:45 AMT

MAL & INARA - Her Shuttle, gettign wino'd.

WASH - Bridge, cleaning chicken out of the Nav console.

ZOE - In her and Wash's bunk - dreaming a little dreammmmmm.

BOOK, ROWAN, RIVER - Galley, washing dishes.

THORNE - Heading down the connect 'tween the Bridge and Galley, wondering if he has wandered into an Insane Asylum called Serenity.

JAYNE, MERZ, DAMON - In the Big Black, on the hull of Serenity.

KAYLEE - In the Engine Room.

JONAS HEXX - In New Hokkaido, casing the villa of The Shop

SIMON, CORVAIR, SLIGHT - Still in the GryFalcon hatching nefarious plans.

FROST - Still on ice.

NISKA - Hera (?) Working his way to the city - PO'd that Corvair's special wave-unit is not sending a conformation signal.

EARLY - Tied to a Reavers 'Kings Cross' and awaiting his Ceremony.

SAFFRON - Trying to hide from the same Reavers.

OR'SHA - Waiting for Hexx.

XIANG - Oroboros, beginning to feel the 'pressure' of the coup happening to the Enclave.

BOOMER - Selling leather-goods at the Uchigatana ReinAct Faire - unaware of her impending meeting with Nicoallez after the Faire closes

NICOALLEZ - Taking a break from telling stories at the entrance of the ReinAct Faire on New Hokkaido and checking out the Faire grounds.

OK - too many arcs fer me to remember! Back later to compensate.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, July 26, 2004 4:16 PM

CAPNRAHN


COMMERCIAL POST HOLDER ...

COMMENCE RPing!!!!

"Remember, there is only ONE absolute - There ARE NO absolutes!!!"

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, July 26, 2004 4:29 PM

MERCEDESTROY


MERZ move

LOCATION - THE BLACK

DAMON
Makes everything worthwhile doesn’t it?


He is grinning at her, she can see it even through his faceplate. It is as carefree as he has looked since she first saw him. Merz has no idea why. His good humor and the reason for it are as foreign to her as, well … pretty … which this view probably is too. … i wonder how long it will take, before i understand how he feels?

Not really knowing what she is saying, only that it is probably appropriate MERZ tries to return his grin. Glad you like it. She sighs, quietly. Hopefully too quietly for the comm to pick up. Someday she may understand ….

Putting aside such pointless thoughts, MERZ returns to the job at hand.

MERZ
OK DAMON, I do not know what is going on here, but that gun’s motion does not seem particularly directed. I think we can stop it. Why don’t you step up to the right side, and I will circle around to the left. Just do not step in front of it. When we get one either side we can try to stop the motion. If no one is directing it, we should be able to stabilize it. Then we can un-bolt the rail assembly and walk the whole unit forward directly under the bow.


She goes to point and is suddenly aware of the cover in her hand. On second though. Let’s get this gorram cover installed first and then walk it forward. It is too awkward to walk around with and too difficult to set down.

She starts for the left hand side of the cannon.

EOM


If Justice is the dish, then I am your waitress

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, July 26, 2004 5:53 PM

SQUEE


Damon's turn:
LOCATION - THE BLACK

On second though. Let’s get this gorram cover installed first and then walk it forward. It is too awkward to walk around with and too difficult to set down.

Damon steps up to the right side of the cannnon, looking down at it thoughtfully.

"I think it would be a good idea to stop the motion before we try to put the cover on. I can disconnect the controls from here if you want and then reconnect them after we've moved the cannon."



I'm not broken, in my dream I win...

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, July 27, 2004 12:40 AM

MERCEDESTROY


MERZ move

LOCATION - THE BLACK

DAMON
I think it would be a good idea to stop the motion before we try to put the cover on. I can disconnect the controls from here if you want and then reconnect them after we've moved the cannon.


MERZ carefully approaches the left of the cannon, and reaches out with her free hand. Under her firm grasp, the motion of the gun ceases. She holds it still. As she suspected there is no real resistance, it was not being controlled. MERZ thinks about this – there was no one on the bridge before she went down to cargo. But JAYNE got a response from Wash, before they went out, and now no one speaks and the gun controls are unlocked.

MERZ
Go ahead. I will keep it steady until you have it disconnected. That way we get no surprises. Help yourself to whatever tool you need.


MERZ is not easy with the situation. She has a vague … is hope the word? … that someone is merely playing a joke on the work crew. JAYNE, can you tell what is going on yet?

EOM


If Justice is the dish, then I am your waitress

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, July 27, 2004 2:09 AM

GEEZER

Keep the Shiny side up


Thorne's Move

Location: Bridge/Port shuttle


At Thorne's question about the comm, Wash rolls over and responds...

WASH: “I’m kinda in the middle of a lot of things, please use the comm on the spare shuttle, ok.”

...then rolls back and apparently begins to genuflect to the bottom of the helm console. Thorne sees the reddish splotches on the back of his shirt and wonders if self-flagellation is part of the ritual. 'Never question other folks beliefs.' he reminds himself, as he slowly walks back down the stairs.

He's almost to the shuttle when his mind finally registers the sight of the plastic dino rocking back and forth on the laser controls. 'Nah,' he thinks, 'Nobody'd let that happen unless he'd already locked the panel.' Thorne enters the shuttle and makes his call.

EOM




"Keep the Shiny side up"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, July 27, 2004 4:47 AM

SAINT JAYNE


Jayne's turn:
LOCATION - THE BLACK

Jayne edges his head up to look into the corner of the view port. In the dim light of the bridge he sees Thorne's back quickly disappear into the corridor.

Lying there, partly obscured under the command console, is the body of Wash. His legs gently twitch. The ground is splattered with pieces and flesh, bone, and fluids. Not blood - wrong colour - but perhaps mixed up with brain and cerebrospinal fluid.

Jayne lets a half-strangled, shuddering gasp escape before he can switch off his radio. In space, no one can here him swear.

High calibre hand weapon, fired into the top of the head at point blank range, he sputters his reconstruction of the events. Shoulda eaten the poison, Wash, woulda been easier to clean up.

JAYNE
He flicks his radio back on to the suit-only channel. "I'm headin' in to check on Wash."

He leaves it at that, turning it off again. If Merz was trying to seperate the crew, she might alert those inside. She might even come after him herself. If she has a gun palmed in her suit, she could really ruin his day then patch up the hole with all those slap patches she brought. "Never go out without them", she said... Yeah, not when yer plannin' on icing us.

JAYNE
"Jayne to River", he calls out as he finishes his climb to the top of the ship. "Jayne to River, If'n you can hear me, yer in real danger of the I-ain't-kidding variety. Keep away from Thorne and Rowan, but tell the cap'n that they're takin' over the ship."

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, July 27, 2004 10:57 AM

CHANNAIN

i DO aim to misbehave


Rowan’s Move
LOCATION - GALLEY


BOOK (with a chuckle) "Shepherding people is part of the job description."

As he starts drying the pans and putting them away, Rowan breathes a small sigh of contentment. Nothing more charming to a woman than a man who isn't afraid to touch freshly clean dishes. She figures there might even be a special level of heaven that those deserving fellas end up in, but she still has to find confirmation on that point.

Listening to Book speak, she hands off the next pan.

BOOK: "I don't doubt your ability to take care of yourself…but the verse takes everyone eventually, whether by accident or design."

FLASHBACK:
He was irritated about something that came with his mother's weekly wave that morning. Stomping around their apartment like a bull, snapping at everyone, and generally in a cranky mood.

When he turned and said something snippy to her about her turnaround time for the next Revolution broadcast, all she had to do was give him the withering stare. He stopped and blinked once, then rolled his eyes. Standing with his hands on his hips, he stared at the floor for a full minute before he looked up with an apologetic gaze.

"Care to enlighten me?" she asked. "What has the rat-lady done this time?"

He shook his head in a helpless gesture and took a long, deep breath. "It is not what she has done. It is what she does not do. She still refuses to recognize our relationship--insists it is temporary, referring to you as my 'passing fling'."

She giggled--couldn't help it, really. It could be the way it sounded, or but more likely it was picturing his perfect high society old money mother saying those two words that did it. And then once she started, she couldn't stop. Plus, he looked so cute when he was pouty.

"I would not consider this funny," he said.

"Oh I know," she replied. "Your mother just makes me laugh with her old-world ideals. You'd think she'd be happy you married a girl with ancient earth bloodlines, never mind that Dad's stock went through the roof when Azure Station opened. I thought she might have noticed that by now."

It made him stop and think for a moment. "So I should just ignore her and stop wishing the 'verse will swallow her whole?"

"I wish you would." Standing, she put the system on hold before going to him and pressed close as his arms folded around her automatically. "You have bigger things to concern yourself with now than whether or not your mother approves of anything you do. Besides, I thought you gave up on that years ago."

He smiled warmly at her, his eyes roaming her face and focusing on her lips. "I suppose it is impossible to wish everyone to regard you as highly as I do."

She snorted at that. "I'm not sleeping with everyone else, am I?"

He grazed his mouth over hers as he pressed the length of her against him. He was warm, solid muscle, unyielding and oh so inviting. His hands slipped inside her jacket, still teasing her with his mouth. Robert had been walking on them like that a lot lately. She half expected him to now.

"If you married me," he whispered, "Then at least she would have to stop calling you a passing fling."

She smiled against him, disinclined to pull away at that moment, or ever again. "So I'd just be a fling?"

She loved his laughter, ever amazed how such a little-boy sound could erupt from such a stern-looking grown man.

END FLASHBACK


She closed her eyes and winced at the ache in her chest, biting her lips together to hold back the gasp. Fully aware the Shepherd had just seen the whole thing, she cracked one eye open at him and saw his look of concern. She managed to swallow back the lump in her throat, but couldn't quite get the roughness out of her voice before she spoke.

ROWAN (nodding): "That it does, Shepherd."

EOM

We have art so as not to die of truth ~ Neitzsche
http://www.mnartists.org/artistHome.do?rid=7922

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, July 27, 2004 2:55 PM

SQUEE


OOC: Edited a couple times but it's done now

Damon's turn:
LOCATION - THE BLACK

Damon reaches over and pulls a couple tools from Merz's belt, holding them firmly in one hand as he pulls himself down to the base of the cannon. His work is interrupted by a gasp from Jayne who suddenly cuts his com for a moment.

"What's wrong, Jayne?"

JAYNE: "I'm headin' in to check on Wash."

Damon frowns as Jayne turns to go back inside, but decides that he might as well keep working. He finishes with the first tool and, forgetting about his helmet, smacks the glass with the tool trying to put it between his teeth. He blinks, shakes his head and returns to work. After a few more minutes of tinkering, the cannon powers down.

"There."

He releases the tools to be pulled in by Merz's belt and stands up.

"You ready to put the cover on?"



I'm not broken, in my dream I win...

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, July 27, 2004 3:39 PM

MERCEDESTROY


MERZ move,

LOCATION - THE BLACK

MERZ continues to hold the gun still while DAMON disconnects it from the power and motion controls. He appears to have forgotten he was wearing the helmet and struck himself in the faceplate with a wrench. She was at the right angle to see his face pretty well; he had his mouth open when it happened. MERZ nods, remembering how many times tools ended up in her mouth when hands are full.

JAYNE
I'm headin' in to check on Wash.


JAYNE’s rather terse reply, coming on the heels of a quickly covered sound – a little difficult to interpret over the radio but not … what? She does not know what. Does not feel right, that’s all. And then, dead air after his last remark. Had he merely stubbed his toe, she doubted he would have turned off the radio. Puzzling. And nothing she can address at this time either.

It takes little time to disconnect the control leads and DAMON is soon done. There. He releases her tools and stands up again. You ready to put the cover on?

MERZ
Yes. Would you give me a hand with this?
She reaches the cover over the top of the gun, into DAMON’s waiting hands and together they lower it carefully into place – matching up the connection points. Good DAMON, that has got it. Hold it steady and I will fasten it down.

She pulls the bag of bolts from her arm pocket and the correct wrench. Happily enough this is a deep space setup and the bolts are magnetic and in a zero-g pouch. She inserts the wrench into the bag and snags one bolt at a time, sticking to the wrench and eased out of the sphincter opening. Working quickly and surely she moves around the gun, fastening the two pieces together. Once, kneeling near DAMON she speaks. I neglected to mention something, you can remember it for future use. She motions to indicate a small stud on the outside of her suit, matching one on his. Two in fact, there is one near the outer middle of each leg. … for kneeling on the hull, she presses the right hand stud and kneels on one leg. She has less difficulty than he had on the slippery hull and weightless. The switch activates the knee magnets. I did not think to tell you. *pause* Sorry.

The cover is soon in place. At no time did MERZ step in front of the cannon. No need to beg or borrow trouble.

MERZ
That is that. Now to move it forward. How are you doing DAMON? Enjoying the experience? Tired? Dizzy?


Still in the back of her mind - where is JAYNE and what is happening on the Bridge?


EOM


If Justice is the dish, then I am your waitress

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, July 27, 2004 6:05 PM

MANIACNUMBERONE


Book's Move
Location: Galley


After hastily drying his hands, Book sets the half-dried pot on the counter and touches Rowan
on the shoulder. "What's wrong, child? I don't think I've gotten you so emotional with what I've been saying... but I'm glad to see an effect, regardless."

Getting no immediate answer, he turns back to the pot, picks it up and looks into the water droplets clinging to the sides... he is astonished as his reflection briefly turns into Rowan in a wide, dusty chamber, shooting pool with a seedy, untrustworthy crowd surrounding her. With a sharp intake of breath, he blinks his eyes and turns to Rowan. "I'd like to go with you to your match."

Book pauses and takes a moment to look at Rowan's dubious expression. "I have other outfits I can wear..." He says with a smile. "No one needs to know I am a Shepherd... for a little while."


EM

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, July 27, 2004 7:38 PM

CHANNAIN

i DO aim to misbehave


Rowan’s Move
LOCATION - GALLEY


BOOK (with an enigmatic smile): "I have other outfits I can wear..." He says with a smile. "No one needs to know I am a Shepherd... for a little while."

Thinking of the way by which he so effortlessly dispatched the boss back on Hera, Rowan figures she would be a fool to turn down such a generous offer.

ROWAN: "I wouldn't want to put you into the den of temptation, Shepherd. Regardless, I'd appreciate a strong arm watching my back. Thorne might profess that he would serve in the same capacity, but frankly any and all former browncoats make me a little twingy. They have a tendency to be more than a little passionate about things, and not always right in the head, if you get my meaning."

Watching River move from meticulously scrubbing the counter tops to the stove, Rowan decides there probably isn't much she could hide from the girl anyway.

ROWAN: "As to the other, well. It wasn't what you said so much as what your words pulled out of my mind. Ever since that surgery I had, it seems like every tenth word makes me think about my past. The memories are pleasant, by and large, but the end results have managed to twist them bitter sweet for me. It wasn't just you either - I've had it happen all over the ship. You think that doctor kept any manner of records? I'd like to see what it was he gave me.

Suddenly the handcomp's vibration feature went off, stinging the sensitive skin at her lower back. Rowan squealed and jumped before her hand went to it. Her face changed to disbelief, since there was only one thing that would cause that. Someone from the neo-cortex had just tried to ping her. That hadn't happened in months. There was a time when she and Thal were on the same wavelength. Maybe they still were.

FLASHBACK

"I don't like it."

She stared up at him. "Don't like what?"

"Him, is what. How he demands your time at any moment of the day, the way he says 'Exile,' as if you are some morsel of chocolate in his mouth."

She was shocked to say the least. "You can't tell me you're jealous of a man I haven't even seen in the flesh - who, by the way, is using an image filter, so I can't even be sure he is a man."

"I still don't like it," he declared. "If I thought you would listen, I would ask you to end your association with him."

She smiled up at him. "Good thing you know better then, huh?"

END FLASHBACK


The pain is less, so she's able to hide it better. At the same time she pulls out the handcomp, and swiftly accesses the microlink wave signal from her sourcepad. Keyed specifically to show only code, she deciphers it easily and stares in surprise.

Hastily tucking the handcomp away again, she resumes washing. Wouldn't do well to let anyone else on board know she had access to the neo-cortex. Clandestine incidents of any sort weren't exactly tolerated on board Serenity.

ROWAN: "So, Shepherd. You have the wardrobe to make yourself into a gentleman, or a bouncer?"

EOM

OOC: Might be time to start a thread on Gunrunner and Hitcher terminology, huh?

We have art so as not to die of truth ~ Neitzsche
http://www.mnartists.org/artistHome.do?rid=7922

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, July 28, 2004 5:41 AM

SQUEE


Damon's turn:
LOCATION - THE BLACK

MERZ: That is that. Now to move it forward. How are you doing, Damon? Enjoying the experience? Tired? Dizzy?

Damon rights himself and looks back 'up' at the stars with another grin. "Are you kidding? This is the best gorram job I've ever done." He nods at the cannon. "Lets get this thing moved. I'll start disconnecting it from this side, you start on the other."

He watches Merz move into position, noticing that she is still avoiding the front of the cannon.

"You don't have to worry about the cannon any more- it's compltetely powered down, power and all. It'd have to grow batteries to do twitch like that again- and a few dozen more to fire anything."



I'm not broken, in my dream I win...

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, July 28, 2004 7:17 AM

SAINT JAYNE


Jayne's turn:
LOCATION - THE BLACK

Jayne finishes a combination hike/sprint in the clumsy magboots to the dorsal airlock. There's only so much weaving and bobbing you can do in a spacesuit, so if Merz is one of the Shanghaiers he's completely go tsao duh.

He steps around to see if anything is coming up behind him. Nothing but the silent motionless of space. Even in the contained environment of the suit, Jayne's senses flare and grope for information. Every crinkle of the material heralds a potential enemy since he ears can hear nothing else. Touch and smell are completed muted; even though, his nostrels flare and his tongue presses forward to sense the air. His vision is a narrow arc in front of his body. The whole thing is very frustrating and only serves to aggrevate Jayne.

He turns back to the airlock and starts the entrance procedure.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, July 28, 2004 11:51 AM

SAINT JAYNE


Jayne's turn:
LOCATION - FORE PASSAGE

The small tube-like chamber of the dorsal airlock is bathed in a red glow. Jayne waits impatiently, mind improvising plans and scenarios. The red light goes out, accompanied by a soft ping. He hoists the helmet and gloves off and begins to wriggle out of the spacesuit in the tight confines of the secondary airlock.

Finally free of the suit, which has claimed both of his boots, Jayne unholsters his sidearm from its holster, takes off the safety, and cocks it.

-----

The inner hatch slides open, letting a slight breeze come into the airlock from the corridor below. The helmet of a spacesuit emerges past the threshold and surveys the corridor carefully. It retracts back into the airlock suddenly and is replaced by Jayne's actual head. The corridor is clear. Jayne hears a mixture of sounds coming from the mess hall.

Something's not right here. No smell of gunplay. Jayne wonders what kind of weaponry he is up against.

He waits for a moment and listens.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, July 28, 2004 12:57 PM

MERCEDESTROY


MERZ move

LOCATION - THE BLACK

DAMON
You don't have to worry about the cannon any more - it's compltetely powered down, power and all. It'd have to grow batteries to do twitch like that again- and a few dozen more to fire anything.


MERZ lets him rattle on, while positioning herself for the move. First step, she attaches her secondary tether to a new ring near her current position – lest she run out of slack on the first one, and only when the second is in place does she unhook the first and attach it to the same ring. Second step is to attach an empty hook from her belt to a convenient snap ring on the gun itself, tethering it also. Once DAMON stops speaking, she looks at him, over the disguised cannon.

MERZ
The gun is safe. I can see that for myself. But I have not lived as long as I have, by placing my back in front of any weapon, if I can help it. I have heard that if one is careless with a firearm it will know it, and load itself to teach you a lesson. I do not believe this. But I take no chances anyway. I trust you at my back, but not that cannon.


She kneels again by the cannon, preparing to disconnect the entire assembly. Can you find you secondary tether? Reconnect with that one, set the first one in the same hook. Then you will be sure to have enough slack to get where we are going, and your homeward tether is secure. {softly} I don’t want to lose you to the big empty out here.

Once they are both re-secured, DAMON reaches for a tool. MERZ hands him the appropriate wrench and they begin dismounting the gun.

EOM


If Justice is the dish, then I am your waitress

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, July 29, 2004 2:46 PM

SAINT JAYNE


Jayne's turn:
LOCATION - FORE PASSAGE

Jayne climbs silently to the floor of the passage. His bare hands and feet make no noise over the droning of the ship. He seals the airlock portal and sneaks to the edge of the intersection where anyone in the galley or bridge could get a good look at him. He needs to be careful here. Nice and slowly Jayne edges his head forward to take a look into the galley. No one sits at the dining table, and the rest of the galley doesn't have a clear view up into the passageway.

Now er never he thinks, and sneaks up the corridor to his bunk. At the door, another quick glance around lets him know he has not been seen. Jayne slowly pushes it open, enters his room and locks the door behind him.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, July 29, 2004 7:08 PM

DECOY


Wash's Move
Location - Bridge

(Wash gets up from scrubbing the floor, groaning... and then looks around to Rex, and says): "Oho, you've been getting me in trouble, haven't you? (He picks up the toy dinosaur, and cuddles it) We'd better call the team outside, and make shure everything's all right." Wash cuts the power to the laser cannon, and sits down in his helm chair, flips on the comm, and says): "Wash to Mercedies, How's the cover covering comming along? Who all went out there with you? Over." Wash leaves the comm open, and he walks over to the viewports at the front of the bridge, in hopes of seeing the space-suted cannon mechanics.

Time is 5:00 pm

EOM

[I will go back and re-format this post, as soon as I find my template. :) ]

Decoy, they make me go first.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 30, 2004 2:34 AM

MERCEDESTROY


MERZ move

LOCATION - THE BLACK

Dismounting the support rails for the cannon/sensor array takes very little time, it is a fairly simple bolt and latch arrangement that locks down but remains attached to the rails, thereby insuring that nothing gets ‘lost’ accidentally during this type of maneuver.

They have it completely free of the hull and are standing with the cumbersome array, when WASH’s voice crackles over the comm.

WASH
"Wash to Merzedes, How's the cover covering coming along? Who all went out there with you? Over."


MERZ
Well, it’s about time
MERZ comments on the suit comm, before switching to multi-freq, so DAMON (and JAYNE) can hear her also. MERZ here WASH. Currently EVA myself, DAMON and JAYNE. Damon is with me and we are in the process of shifting the cannon. Cover is successfully installed. JAYNE left us; he went up top to check on you when you did not answer an earlier hail. He has not reported for a few minutes. Are you OK?

EOM





If Justice is the dish, then I am your waitress

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 30, 2004 6:53 AM

SQUEE


Damon's turn:
LOCATION - THE BLACK

Damon follow's Merz's lead and lifts the cannon from the hull. He moves slowly to make sure he doesn't loose control of the big, weightless object.

He hears Wash over the com and Merz replies.

"Why weren't you at your post? and where's Jayne?"

Switching his com back to the suit frequency and looks at Merz. "You ready to move this thing?"

I'm not broken, in my dream I win...

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 30, 2004 8:13 AM

RAISTLYNNE


HEXX'S TURN.

Having kept a close surveillance on the villa for a few days, Hexx is relatively confident of a successful recovery of Bank property, with the added bonus of getting out of the ordeal with his skin mostly intact.

The plan is to hit them at night. Tomorrow night to be precise. A frontal attack is out of the question. There is an old waste line coming out of the cellar of the place, probably doubled as an escape route for the previous unsavories that occupied the manse. Just big enough for me to squeeze into. Once inside the villa proper, waste the two ex-Alliance big hitters first. Then nail down the Troys with gas and motion-activated mini-mines. Perish the Traders with extreme prejudice being sure to recover the goods, ALL the goods, prior to their departure from this reality.

Now, here I have my dilemma. What to do with the Buyers? Do I negotiate a Transaction with them? Extract information? Say f--k it, and just make it quick and clean? Well, I guess "talking" to them couldn't hurt now could it? I'd better be sure to bring some of my "socializing" equipment.

Hexx proceeds to line up the tools and equipment needed for the foray. He then goes over the plan of attack in his head, rehearsing it over and over. He then goes over contingency plans in case all does not go well.

After all is made ready and Hexx has got his mind right, his thoughts drift to Eveningstar. Memories of their intimate moments push their way back to the surface. The feel of her soft, smooth skin, her flowing red hair intoxicating with the scent of roses. The look of rapture on her beautiful face as he brings her to a blissful satisfaction. The feeling of happiness he has when near her, watching her sleep in the darkness.

Hexx, in an almost semi-hypnotic lull while thinking of Sarah Eveningstar, fails to notice himself entering one of his psychotic episodes! Breaking out of his stupor, Hexx, with pounding heart and trembling hands fumbles for the the control pad to disable the self destruct device on the Black Box in order to get his meds in time to allay his ensuing episode. He finally gets his injector which is already loaded up with his dope and shoots a dose into his neck this time. He drops the injector and falls to the floor, curling into a ball, hands clutching his head, as he writhes in pain. A low moaning escapes his lips as his world unravels and spins out of control. Order and sanity are gone. Oblivion is the rule of the day now.

OOC:Hexx, too late in his response with the medication, and the point of no return having been reached, is now in the throes of a full-blown psychosis. Ultraviolence is the master of his soul now.

EOT.



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 30, 2004 12:22 PM

MANIACNUMBERONE


Book's Move
Galley


"I'm certain the doctor kept records regarding anything he gave you, he is quite meticulous. But as to whether you can access them... I don't know. Perhaps River could be of some help decoding her brother's files. She does have a special insight into his mind."
Looking down at his Shepherd's outfit for a moment, Book thinks of how best to disguise himself and smiles. "As to the other, I think I'll surprise you."


EM

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, July 31, 2004 1:33 PM

MERCEDESTROY


MERZ move

LOCATION - THE BLACK

DAMON
You ready to move this thing?


MERZ
Yes.


They start forward slowly. The cannon is weightless here, and would not be a large burden for two people under weight, however it retains it’s mass and must be handled with a certain amount of care if they don’t want to crack or damage the disguise.

While working their way forward, MERZ keys in her comm again, still on multi-frequency channel.

MERZ
Wash, JAYNE has been away for some minutes now, and did say he was heading in to check on you – for reasons he did not specify. Have you seen him yet?


They move on while awaiting a reply. Reaching the point that MERZ wants to re-install the cannon, they locate a locking assembly identical to the one they removed it from, lower the cannon into place, and begin fastening it back into it’s new home.

EOM


If Justice is the dish, then I am your waitress

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, July 31, 2004 4:18 PM

MERCEDESTROY


Wash's Move
Location - Bridge

(Wash hears Merz's voice over the comm link, asking about Jayne...)
(Wash to Merz:) "I haven't heard from him, let me call him on the intercom... (click, click) Jayne, where the gorram are you, and why are you there, instead of where you gorram oughta." (Over the internal intercom and outside radio.)

Time is: On a watch somewhere, where it is supposed to be.

EOM

If Justice is the dish, then I am your waitress

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, August 2, 2004 8:27 AM

CAPNRAHN


Inara & Mal's Move

LOCATION - Inara's Shuttle
Shortly after the Meeting in the Galley
As ...

Inara and Mal arrive at her shuttle--she graciously invites him in and prepares glasses and wine.

Mal settles himself into Inara's plush (and much-used as of late) couch and watches the woman flit about the cabin, arranging and rearranging, He notices she's intent on everything but him. Mal starts off abruptly after Inara reenters the room bearing a lacquered tray with a unique bottle and French Suzann croissant's.

"We always seem to have unfinished business between you and I," Mal quickly realizes his slip and tries to cover it. "But this is no the time to discuss that. What I need now," he winces slightly at the word 'need', "I would like to know yer assessment of our patron and the hitchers."

"I've only recently been able to observe them, Mal...they seem friendly, dangerous if crossed, all of them ... but friendly nonetheless. Rowan has in her a bright fire--it fuels her, keeps her ready and alert...but I can see it could consume her given the right kindling. Mercedes...she's as different from Rowan as night from ... is a calmness in that woman...an eerie silence that is more deafening and more frightening to me than any blaze," She shakes her and continues. "Damon is a lost child, but he seems to have a fearful dark shadow staining his soul. He must have been treated like garbage at a young age," Her voice tightens and quavers as she imagines the depredations that the child, that would grow up to be come Damon, had fell victim to. "That makes him both predictable and still not predictable. I'd advise we be careful with them all ... hold them close, and make it worthwhile for them to keep us close as well." Inara realizes that she is trying to sideslip the issue of Roosevelt. In an attempt to skirt this issue of him further, she pours the Sapporo wine and lightly and with a touch of sass says, "What has you so concerned about them, Mal? You didn't consult anyone when you let them stay aboard, has something new occurred?"

Mal frowns at Inara's shift to a light attitude, "I don't want ta sound like I am whinge'n on, but current events have got my reflux ... refluxin'," He stops with a middling grimace of pain looking akin to a heartburn attack. "I am just trying to make sense of this caper. First off we got this ancient old geezer of a Client sprayin' his testerostone around my boat like it was on sale - cheap," Inara visibly winces at this. Mal, caught up in his rant, is oblivious of her discomfort as he continues, "Our cargo and destination is not smellin right. Too widgy of a deal," Mal shakes his head in short negative arcs as he tries to sort out the conflicting evidence. After a second of this, he snaps out of it and elaborates further, "And we seemed to have found a buncha new friends in a very short time. Makes me paranoid that the heavy end of the hammer is gonna come down on our heads soon. I just got a real cold ball of worms nesting in my gut concern'n our ..." He glances over to Inara and quickly averts his eyes when he notices she is looking directly at him, " ... future."

Inara's nose wrinkles at bit at the "cold ball of worms" analogy--her tact has slipped a teense due to the wine ... she interrupts briefly. "You never could stand a good thing, could you, Mal? Give you a sunny day, a glass of wine, or a good woman ..." Inara flinches yet again, "... and you'll try to decide if there's rainclouds on the horizon, bugs in your glass, or deceit in your woman's ..." She decides she's rambling a bit, and with a small sigh, brings her cup to her lips yet again, unaware that Mal hasn't consciously heard a word she's said.

He looks off distantly, he usually is not concerned with any future other than the next job or priority. He is used to rolling with the blow, not long term planning. He shakes off his indecision and then continues.

"I used ta think there was good and bad folks, but I now realize that there are only, and ever was bad folk, just groups of them are on the opposite sides. A great river flowing with evil that people do. Gentle currents and calm in some places. In others, it is sharp, craggy and has treacherous footing within deadly rapids. More than I care to remember have blooded themselves in those white waters of evil. Some even drowned in their own filth, Like Niska, Early and even Saffron."

Now there is better ones like you, Kaylee and Simon, tryin' to be 'Good'."
Inara blinks slowly at him over the rim of her cup. "You types build rafts of rules, inspiration, compassion and good intentions and say out loud 'This raft is good and it WILL carry us through the bloody corpsified shoals and "Good" will triumph in the end."

Problem is, that the bulk of folks aren't either way. They are just broken and struggling. Tryin' to scratch a life for themselves and theirs. Sorta like Damon. They accept the badness just to distract them from the stagnate pools they have backwashed into. They accept evil, not because of any great evil in themselves, not because they say "Yes" to evil, but because they don't say "No" to the Big Bad. Bad like the Alliance or that so-called Academy that tortured River."


He pauses and glances over to Inara, noting her expression. She seems to have turned inward at his words, his mention of Damon and River sparking a rush of empathy in her...her mind then turns to thoughts of her own evils...the times when it's just been easier to accept the bad, rather than take the trouble to fight it. He seems to focus back to the interior of the shuttle.

"Sorry, I dint mean to get all wordy and philosophizin' on ya."

Inara sighs, coming back to the conversation, and running the nails of her free hand over the skin of her arm--bringing a tremble that rouses her further. In the course of Mal's diatribe, any effects of the wine seem to have fled ... he sits uncomfortably beside her, twirling the glass between his hands.

Mal glances down at his wine glass and changes the subject hurriedly, as if embarrassed to have open a door to his soul to Inara in such a blatant manner.

"This is mighty fine grape squeezi'ns and has a helluva kick. Maybe I should'a been sipping at it like you."

Inara smiles over at him and leans forward to place her glass on the table, brushing Mal's knee with her elbow as she does. The man jumps slightly at her touch, and she turns back to face him. He laughs, a hollow sounding specter of humor. The sound is the saddest Inara has ever heard.

"Wine has got me feelin' like Wash is already doing the acrobatics he was a planning for tomorrow's run and drop."


Inara's eyes brighten at the mention of the ship's pilot. "I'm sure our Wash is very excited about the prospect of shaking us all up a bit tomorrow ..." suddenly she just plain runs out of words. Inara looks away in the pretense of looking for a Suzann croissant. Mal's sudden change of demeanor and his trivializing of his previous words, catchers her off guard. She attempts to batten all her emotional hatches, as she always does when dealing with Mal in THIS type of situation. She can tell that she is failing miserably this time. All of her dark memories take this opportunity to flood her mind. Snippets of emotional strife rip at her and tear her defenses down further.

Mal notices that Inara is looking away for a lengthened moment. He misinterprets her inability to look at him as disgust at his outpouring of ... whatever just had happened. Feeling like he has both his feet jammed down his throat. Mal looks down and pours himself another full glass. After he sets the bottle down, he continues to stare into the glass, his eyes never moving, yet seeming to drift through his own river of blood and tears.

Unknowingly both reach over to each other, eyes averted in pain. If any were watching, they would see Mal and Inara's arms almost ballet-like motion float over each other in perfect unison as they place their hand on the other's thigh. Both seemed shocked that a hand is not present beneath their own. Comically both turn their heads and both sets of eyes flicker between their own hand and the others thigh. Mal and Inara, again in unison, snap their gazes to the others. Time Suspends.

Their eyes lock and everything else dims to silence and darkness. Mal's world is in Inara's irises. Everything else has fallen away. The pain is not forgotten, but the constant roaring echo of Serenity Valley has deepened to an oceanic like rolling of waver over the breakers. Mal comes the realization that the slow booming thunder is his own heart hammering in his chest. It is the only indicator that his perception of time is slowed to such a state.

Conversely, Inara's perception is that of tunnel-vision. Mal's eyes and the area around them, fill her world. At once he seems to be quioxotally distant, yet close enough for her to feel the heat emanating from his face. This heat and his laser sharp gaze pierce her. Control and facade falls away from Inara as this powerful emotional emanation from Mal envelops her in a cocoon of smoky heated velvet. She can feel every inch of her body in high contrast. So sharp are Inara's senses, she can feel the slow beginnings of a flush beginning to suffuse her skin. The wash of turbid warmth flows to meet the sudden flush of heat from Mal's thigh. His increase in body temperature seems to nearly scorch her hand. Lost in the mingling of this nascent passion, Inara firms her resolve to see this through -- to where ever it may lead.

A sudden flow of intensely gentle warmth envelopes the hand Mal has on Inara's upper thigh. The sensation paralyzes him for what seems an eternity. Mal continues to stare into Inara's eyes, further mesmerized by the deep liquid pools within them. Nearly convincing himself that he can see images surge up and then subside within these turbid waters, he continues to peer deeper.

Terrified at Mal's penetrating gaze, Inara inadvertently blurts, "Why Mr. Reynolds, I do believe your are trying to use your masculine wiles on me!" This playful statement shatters the moment into silvers. To both Inara and Mal, it seems that Mal teleports from sitting at her side to standing at the closed port. Unrestrained embarrassment fills the shuttle interior. Both of them radiating this emotion at full volume. Mal tries to fill the void between them with words.

"I best be shovin' off now ... lots of work to get done." He turns towards the door to beat a hasty retreat. But something makes him stop. With his hand on the door handle, he quires in a soft voice, "You never did say nothin' about Thorne."

Confusion builds up on the embarrassment in Inara and begins to combust into anger. Sharper than she means to she cuts Mal with her next words, "Mal, you know I cannot discuss a Client with anyone."

Mal's expression seems to slam shut and his face hardens to granite. "So, you got a Whor ..." He stops himself a fraction of a second before Inara begins to speak, acid dripping from every one of her syllables.

"Yes, Roosevelt has engaged me for this evening. Good-Bye Captain, as I must prepare myself for him." Inara stands swiftly and with a last sad and pained look at Mal she sweeps through a wall hanging and lets it drop behind her.

Mal's knuckles whiten as he slams the door handle up with much more force that is required. The handle stop breaks free and goes spinning off into the room. Mal mutters to no-one in particular, " I best get Kaylee to fix that 'fore ..." He drifts off and shakes his head, beginning to understand what a total mess he has made of this encounter with Inara. Sinking fast, he steps over the sill and with extreme care, gently shuts the door behind him.

EOM

"Remember, there is only ONE absolute - There ARE NO absolutes!!!"

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, August 2, 2004 8:28 AM

SQUEE


Damon's turn:
LOCATION - THE BLACK

Damon fastens the last bolt into place and locks it down.

"There. We can tell Wash to tell Jayne that there's no point in him coming back out."

He releases the last of Merz's tools and looks down the front of Serenity at the black with another smile.

"So, any windows need washing while we're out here?"

I'm not broken, in my dream I win...

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, August 2, 2004 1:39 PM

MERCEDESTROY


MERZ move

LOCATION - THE BLACK

DAMON fastens down the last bolt, and releases the tool, to reel itself back.

DAMON
There. We can tell Wash to tell Jayne that there's no point in him coming back out.


He takes a glance around with a contented look on his face, apparently just savoring the moment. So, any windows need washing while we're out here?

MERZ lets him alone with his enjoyment for a time, while gathering the leads for the gun, which need to be walked back to the input jacks. She grabs the wiring armor too, to unreel at the same time.

MERZ
WASH, let JAYNE know we are all but done here. If he has gone back inside, no need for him to trot back out. We can finish just fine on our own.


Before speaking again, she cuts Serenity out of the comm circuit. She starts back towards their starting point, trailing wires and such, letting DAMON amble amiably at her side.

MERZ
Engineers don’t wash windows, that is a job for Detailers. You are not ready to go back yet, are you? Still into the wonder of the black.
She sighs, audibly this time. I don’t understand what you are feeling. I never did. I do not know that I ever will.

They reach the old location of the gun, and pause there to reset the tethers again, carefully coiling and reattaching the secondary tether once the primary is back in place. MERZ looks around like DAMON has been, for the first time since they came out.

MERZ
I saw this the first time when I was four years old. I was never taught it was wonderful or fun or beautiful. I was taught it was dangerous. I learned how to stay alive and how to move correctly. I would … like to be able to see it with your eyes. Just once.


EOM


If Justice is the dish, then I am your waitress

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, August 2, 2004 2:17 PM

SQUEE


Damon's turn:
LOCATION - THE BLACK

Damon takes a moment to think about Merz's word as he helps finish up.

"Maybe it takes 26 years of hope and anticipation. But the way I see it, out here is everything those other places aren't." He looks at Merz willing her to understand what he's trying to explain. "It's liberating cuz I know all the shit I left behind can't follow me out here. As soon as we step back into the ship, there's stuff to worry about but as long as we're here, nothing matters."

He hands her his coiled secondary tether and watches for a response.



I'm not broken, in my dream I win...

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, August 2, 2004 2:58 PM

MERCEDESTROY


MERZ move

LOCATION - THE BLACK

MERZ considers his words carefully, very carefully. Once she has taken the tether he holds out to her, she stands unmoving, unspeaking, until DAMON shows signs of worry or impatience. Still she ponders his words, excluding all other input for the moment.

Finally she looks directly at his face, cold dead eyes boring into his. Her voice is flat and as cold as her eyes.

MERZ
What is liberty?


She fastens the tether he handed her onto her belt and once again moves off, to complete the installation. She does not look at him again.

EOM


If Justice is the dish, then I am your waitress

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, August 2, 2004 3:33 PM

SQUEE


Damon's turn:
LOCATION - THE BLACK

MERZ
What is liberty?


Damon gives her a puzzeled look and then realizes that she is being serious. He thinks about it a moment, trying to define liberty.

"I guess it's something like freedom, but it's also a feeling- like happiness. When you busted up that crate, it probably felt liberating." He gives a small smile. "It's a very good feeling, satisfying. Filling an empty stomach with warm food is liberating. If you are liberated, something bad has been replaced by something good." He pauses for a moment, following Merz. "It's hard to define, but I hope that helps."




I'm not broken, in my dream I win...

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 3, 2004 1:26 AM

MERCEDESTROY


MERZ move

LOCATION - THE BLACK

There is more silence. They reach the spot where the wires jack back into the hull, and MERZ kneels to set them back into place. One by one she holds them up to her face, examining the leads, and then carefully replaces them back into the correct conduits. While doing this, she finally speaks again, in the same voice.

MERZ
Liberty: personal freedom from servitude, or confinement or oppression. Freedom: the condition of being free; the power to act or speak or think without externally imposed restraints. Happiness: a state of well being characterized by emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy. Joy: something or someone that provides pleasure; a source of happiness.


She pauses, eyes still downward. MERZ does not want to see his eyes, to see the effect of her words. She is speaking for herself now, not from the database, not from observation of correct or appropriate behavior. And this mode always, always, always results in conflict or confusion. It is so easy for you. You hear these words and you comprehend their meaning. I know only their definitions and how to simulate the appearance of an appropriate emotional response. It cannot matter to me where I am – inside, outside all the same. Filling an empty belly is fuel, and food is not there to be enjoyed. There is no satisfaction in a job well done; one is expected to have done it well. Happiness is an emotion, and emotion … She trails off into silence.

emotion is deviant behavior and merits punishment. and now as i try to learn what has been kept from me, i wait because i know they come. there is nowhere i can go that they cannot track me. i will take the time i have, this ‘freedom’ i have given myself and i will learn and teach myself comprehension of as many concepts as i am allowed. i will learn from these civilians all that they can show me, until i am one with them, however long it may take. maybe then, those who follow will lose me. when i am no longer … me …

Finished with the job at hand, she straightens the wire armor, tightening it up to the hull and stands. I shame myself: destroying that crate was … rage. Not at you DAMON. There was a certain amount of something gained from that lapse, I think. I am not certain what definition I would put on it. It was however, inappropriate of me to demolish it. {pause} You are generous, explaining this to me. I do thank you. As she speaks on, there is a return of a small amount of animation to her voice. Well, I think we are done here. Take your last look at the view, bhaai, it’s time to go back inside before we miss something.

… as long as my team exists. as long as what i fled from remains, there will be no freedom, no liberty for me. it is only a matter of time …

EOM


bhaai = younger brother (Nepali)


If Justice is the dish, then I am your waitress

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 3, 2004 9:16 AM

SQUEE


Damon's turn:
LOCATION - THE BLACK

Damon's good mood withers as Merz speaks and by the time she finishes he's left with nothing but that emptiness that he is all too familiar with. Only this time, it's not his dispair, it's hers. He wishes there was something he could say- something he could do to help- but suddenly feels inadequate. It won't make much difference anyway.

Quote:


Damon shoved his drawer closed and glared down at his mother. “WHY? WHY NOT? Why can’t you leave? Why couldn’t you leave twelve years ago and get me the hell out of here? Or, forget me, my upbringing doesn’t matter, why couldn’t you leave sixteen years ago? Shit, it’s a miracle I even made it to term!”

She started to open the bottle in her hands, but Damon snatched it from her and chucked it out the window. “Answer the question.”

She hung her head, letting tears fall from her face. “He doesn’t mean to hurt me, he just…”

Damon waited for her to finish but she didn’t. He turned back to his duffel bag and stuffed a handful of clothes in it.

“Damon, you can’t go,” she cried, “Please don’t go.”

He spun around and glared at her angrily. “Don’t you dare start with that! I’ve had it! I’ve had enough of this bullshit! I’m leaving and neither of you are going to stop me this time. You can come with me or you can stay here with him, but I’m not staying here a day longer.” He let that sink in for a moment before he spoke again. “So what’s it going to be?”

She hung her head again.
He waited.
He prayed.

She shook her head. "I can't..."

Damon clenched his teeth, looking out the window. He longed to be out there but he couldn't. He couldn't leave her here alone with him- he only wished she had an equally good reason. He picked up his bag and threw it against the wall with a scream of rage and stormed out of the room.



Damon quickly shakes himself of the memory but he can't do it without wondering if she's okay. He sighs and looks over to see Merz heading inside. Time to go. He looks 'up' at the black as he heads toward the door, letting it lift his spirits as much as it can but the phrase 'all good things must come to an end' comes to mind, bringing it to a stop.
He reaches the air lock bummed that his space walk is over but happy to be back on board. He feels safe on this ship and he hopes that if there is one exception to the 'all good things coming to an end' rule, it would be Serenity.




I'm not broken, in my dream I win...

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 3, 2004 1:07 PM

MERCEDESTROY


MERZ move

LOCATION - THE BLACK

MERZ cannot help herself. As DAMON turns back from his last look at the stars, she in inside the lock, looking toward where his face will be, steeled against the disgust at her that she is sure will be in his eyes.

And as he turns and sees her she backs slowly away, letting him inside. There is no hint of disapproval in his face. She is not sure what she sees, but nothing … troubling. She turns away once more, disturbed by her own need for approval from this … civilian. Almost he begins to taste like family.

They wait in the lock for a couple of minutes while MERZ closes the outer lock and recycles so they can re-enter Serenity. Once more, she breaks the silence.

MERZ
To be unclothed is a choice, not vulnerability. Now you have seen me naked.


EOM


If Justice is the dish, then I am your waitress

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 3, 2004 1:36 PM

SQUEE


Damon's turn:
LOCATION - AIR LOCK

MERZ
To be unclothed is a choice, not vulnerability. Now you have seen me naked.


Damon's not sure he agrees with that but he doesn't say anything. He's not in the mood to talk at the moment. He gives her a faint smile so she doesn't think he's ignoring her and waits for the cargo bay doors to open.

I'm not broken, in my dream I win...

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 3, 2004 2:43 PM

DECOY


Wash's Move:
Location - Bridge

(Wash walks back from the window, to the open door to the rest of Serenity… He can see that the door to Jayne’s Dorm is closed, but then again, it always is. He sits back down at his console, ready to call Jayne’s dorm, when…)

(Over the comm. from Merz): ”WASH, let JAYNE know we are all but done here. If he has gone back inside, no need for him to trot back out. We can finish just fine on our own.”

(Wash opens a direct intercom line to Jayne’s dorm): “Jayne, you in there, Don’t go back outside, everything’s all finished out there, Merz said so.”

(Wash sits, and scrubs the console some more… A strange smell rises into the air… a sent of… Burning protein?


(The antique analog clock which is set behind the small fence of chrome bars, high up on the wall over the door of the well-padded cell currently reads: 17:05 AMT with a small digital display built into it: (05:05pm) (This cell, currently unoccupied, was the former living space of Serenity’s theoretical security officer… Who might just end up there again, if he keeps seeing twisted, non-existing plots to take over ships he serves on… weather they are or not…)


- EOM -




Decoy, they make me go first.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 3, 2004 3:08 PM

RAISTLYNNE


HEXX'S TURN:

Same day, just after dusk.

Hexx is lying in a dark and filthy alley. He comes to consciousness slowly. Eyes blurry and head pounding, he slowly rises to a sitting position after shoving several heavy objects off his torso and legs.

Realizing what must have occurred, he gets a jolt of adrenaline and a sudden painfully tingling in his toes and finger tips. The usual heralds of bad happenings he was unknowingly the cause of.

"Christ, what the Hell did I do this time?" Hexx mutters to no one in particular. His night vision adjusting to the dim light, Hexx gives his surroundings a once-over. The "heavy objects" are dead bodies, three to be precise. Wait, one is still moving. Hexx crawls over to this person, and ends their activities in a permanent manner. It's for the best, Hexx thinks, wouldn't do to leave something I started unfinished. UNPROFESSIONAL.

Hexx gives the alley a thorough examination to erase any traces that he was ever there. Picking up the bodies, he places them into a nearby dumpster and sets it ablaze with refuse and a half-empty bottle of rot-gut booze.

He picks up a discarded old blanket and rubs dirt on his hands and face. Portraying the part of a vagabond bum. Stooping and coughing, muttering nonsense to himself. He exits the alley and notices a great deal of activity down the road, the local yokel law dogs are busy tonight.

Thinking: I'll have a look-see and admire what's most likely to be my handiwork. Hexx proceeds to the scene of the commotion, hears talk of a bad string of homicides and no survivors.He pisses on a wall of a nearby store and stumbles off into the darkness, in the general direction of his lodgings.

Passing by the Post Office, he checks out the Most Wanted boards. Never knowing when or where opportunities will present themselves, he memorizes the features of the two with the largest dollar signs on their heads. RIVER and SIMON TAMM. Fugitives. Wanted ALIVE!!!

"Alive," Hexx swears to himself. "That IS disheartening! Oh, well, it'll give me a chance to hone my people skills. Didn't say anything about missing body parts now did it?" Rubbing his jaw and smiling a sneering/smirking little smile, Hexx continues on his way.

EOT.





NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 3, 2004 3:21 PM

MERCEDESTROY


KAYLEE’s move

LOCATION - ENGINE ROOM

KAYLEE sits cross-legged, on the floor of Serenity’s engine room, communing with her beloved engine. There is a small, cold and lonely place in the back of her mind, but she is able to think around it now. She is still angry and confused, however other things begin to come back into focus. She is what she is, and neither anger nor despair are feelings she can sustain full blown for very long.

As her mind slowly comes back into focus, she remembers:

WASH
"Mornin', Kaylee. Sleep well last night? Port afterburner seems to be rattling like Jayne's stick. Think you could take a look for me?


That had entirely slipped her mind. And now that she thinks about it, down here in Serenity’s heart, she can hear the faint rattle. She stands now, talking softly to herself.

KAYLEE
Here I sit feelin’ sorry for myself, and my poor girl been speakin’ to me an bein’ ignored. Well, I gotta look into this, pronto.


Still half drifting but more purposeful that she has felt in some time, KAYLEE digs in her tools for what she needs, and strides back to engage the port afterburner in a bit of a chat. A return to her routine will be a comfort.

She thinks to herself, That Simon, he’s got a heap of explaining to do. I just hope he gets the chance.

Here stands KAYLEE, at one with Serenity,

EOM


If Justice is the dish, then I am your waitress

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 4, 2004 2:18 AM

GEEZER

Keep the Shiny side up


Thorne's Move

Location: Port Shuttle/catwalk


His call to New Hokkaido over, and arrangements for the sting as complete as possible, THORNE is in a good mood as he stands in the door of the shuttle. The mood doesn't last as he sees MAL close INARA's door and stand silent on the starbord walkway, radiating misery like an un-shielded reactor.

'Conflicted', THORNE thinks. 'That man is a dictionary example of conflicted. Knows he could have a good thing there, but can't let go of the doom-and-gloom of his past to take it. What a schlemiel.' He shakes his head sadly.

Stepping back into the shadow of the door, THORNE waits until MAL moves away, and heads aft.

"Keep the Shiny side up"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 4, 2004 4:37 AM

SAINT JAYNE


Jayne's turn:
LOCATION - FORE PASSAGE

The door to Jayne's quarters groans open. The point of a hunting knife, tipped with a small concave mirror, emerges and scans the corridor.

Just because he heard Wash's voice on the intercomm didn't mean anything. That could have been synthesized in an effort to lure him out.

The knife retracts from view and Jayne stalks up the ladder from his room. He craddles one of his favourite pistols in his right hand, and has a variety of small arms, flash grenades and knives placed around his person. He doesn't need anything larger for a small arena like Serenity.

There are sounds coming from everywhere, including the bridge. Jayne decides to start there. Things could still go horribly wrong - the smell of burning flesh was now making its way from the front of the ship.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 4, 2004 3:18 PM

CIARA


Inara's turn

Inara jerks the curtain down separating her from Malcom's retreating back. She folds her arms tight under her breasts and leans against the wall, tears pricking the corners of her eyes... "So, you got a Whor ..." echoes in her head...over and over and over...but beyond the din, She hears a hard exhalation of breath, and a loud pop--followed by a string of murmured syllables. She almost turns to lift the curtain, to face him again, to say the things she knows she should...but as her hand begins to traverse the long distance between her side and the curtain, she hears the soft click of the door being gently shut, and her lips begin to tremble.

Inara puts both palms flat on her cheeks, and presses her fingertips into her damp lashes....her breath comes in hitching gasps, and she battles the need to sob. Inara straightens after a moment, dark rivulets running down her cheeks, and black smudges on her fingertips. She checks her timepiece....he'll be here soon. She removes her enamelled basin from the cupboard, fills it, and disrobes. Lighting three candles in a small holder on her table, Inara kneels before it, and begins to bathe. Slow, sure strokes of the sponge, the soft scent of flowers and spice....

END Inara's turn


Just a humble supplicant in service to all things Joss

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 4, 2004 3:45 PM

MERCEDESTROY


KAYLEE’s move

LOCATION - ENGINE ROOM

Tools in hand, KAYLEE halts herself.

KAYLEE
Won’t do to go digging into that afterburner all powered up. WASH would take it as a kindness if I let him know I am taking her offline.


She moves purposefully over to the comm station, and mashes down the control to the bridge.

KAYLEE
WASH, I am gonna take a look at that port afterburner. Prolly shook somethin’ loose durin’ the Ivan. Matter of fact, gonna offline both burners and have a look-see. I’ll let you know when I power up again. Ya need em before then, gimme a call.
She turns away from the comm and then turns back. Oh, and could’ya send someone down here with some lemonade and a protein bar. I need to work on this, but feelin’ a bit peckish. Thanks.

She powers the burners off soon as she breaks comm, and heads back to open up the left side afterburner. Must have bent a little, she has to apply a little percussive maintenance to get the access hatch off. Once open, she digs in, looking for the problem.

EOM


If Justice is the dish, then I am your waitress

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 4, 2004 6:04 PM

DECOY


Wash's Move:
Location - Bridge to Location - Front Hall to Location - Galley to Location - Catwalks

(Wash knows he might be in trouble, as dinner is now mostly off of the helm console, and floor… just a little bit of sauce must have leaked down into the console. Maybe Kaylee could help him clean the inside of the console… Just then):

(Over the comm. from Kaylee): ”WASH, I am gonna take a look at that port afterburner. Prolly shook somethin’ loose durin’ the Ivan. Matter of fact, gonna offline both burners and have a look-see. I’ll let you know when I power up again. Ya need em before then, gimme a call…. Oh, and could’ya send someone down here with some lemonade and a protein bar. I need to work on this, but feelin’ a bit peckish. Thanks.”

(Wash powers down the helm, and then turns off the bridge lights, as they are just about the only thing left powered on… He turns and steps out of the bridge hatch, and there lurking towards the bridge is a fully armed Jayne. Wash says): “I’ve powered down the bridge, so don’t go in there, oh, and by the way, Merz called in, and you don’t have to go back outside, ok.” Wash walks away, and goes to the galley, leaving Jayne by the bridge.)
(In the galley, Wash scrounges up a Blue Sun Pro Grade Protein bar and a can of Blue Sun Lemon flavored carbonated hydrogen-oxygen compound #4, and then as Rowan, Book, and River are all at the sink, washing dishes, tells Rowan that the food was great, nods friendly to Book and River, leaves the Galley, and trots down the stairs to the Cargo Bay, and spots Mal. He says to Mal): “Just taking our lady engineer a small offering so she can bless the port engine so we can have totally perfect run tomorrow. I’ve got everything powered down on the bridge… you know, you don’t look so good, maybe you need to park it, and relax for a while… go find Jayne and work out or something, ok?” Maybe you could carry the other half of his arsenal, and work up some sweat, ok.” (He ducks down into the small hatchway that accesses the port thruster wing, and calls for “Lady Serenity”)


(In Jubil Early’s slowly spinning, derelict one-man scout ship, the power is still on, as seen from the large clear front windows, a headshot of River is still laying on the console, and a small digital display shining thru it reads: 17:09 AMT (05:05pm)


- EOM -




Decoy, they make me go first.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 4, 2004 7:08 PM

SAINT JAYNE


Jayne's turn:
LOCATION - FORE PASSAGE

Various taps and clicks are heard from the bridge. There's someone in there. Jayne prowls forward, ready to spring like a cat on the hunt. Suddenly the lights go out ahead of him; the noises stop; footsteps approach. Jayne clenches the pistol in front of him, his free hand edging towards his belt for whatever backup weaponry he might need.

Wash turns and steps out of the bridge hatch, and there lurking towards the bridge is a fully armed Jayne.

WASH
"I've powered down the bridge, so don’t go in there, oh, and by the way, Merz called in, and you don't have to go back outside, ok."


Jayne stands frozen, staring at Wash standing just in front of his psitol. He blinks twice as Wash walks past him and down to the galley, furrows his brow and glances left and right.

Gotta be some... somethin' left of Wash's brains here, Jayne tries to reason. There's nothing there on the floor where the grey matter had been sprayed 15 minutes earlier. Just that fading smell of charred meat. Don't make no... What'd I see? Maybe body snatchers vapourized Wash 'n took his place!. Jayne isn't even particularly impressed by that one.

Jayne leans up against the back wall of the bridge in the dark. What was happening to him? Maybe these things weren't really happening. Maybe no one was out to get him, and his imagination was just playing this elaborate hoax on him. Heh, that's just paranoid. Jayne shakes the crazy out of his head and heads back to his bunk.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, August 5, 2004 2:16 AM

MERCEDESTROY


Merz move

LOCATION - MAIN AIRLOCK to LOCATION - CARGO BAY

DMON smiles a bit at her, but his mind appears to be on other things. MERZ gives him a bit of a lip twitch in return, but her thoughts are also pretty far away from the present. Cycling the lock takes little time, and they emerge back into the warmth and light of the ship.

MERZ wastes little time getting off the helmet and peeling the suit off. Being that much out of touch with her surroundings always gives her a prickly feeling between her shoulder blades, and she is glad to feel air on her bare arms again. She sniffs a bit, while checking that the air feed is turned off and hanging the suit back in its locker. Smells a bit like … burning dinner. Odd, it was already cooked, why scorch it? She shakes her head and leaves it alone – almost nothing these civilians do makes all that much sense to her.

There are people about, she can hear and smell them. But something DAMON said is giving her a new thought. Serenity may not be home; she has no home now, but she … feels … welcome here. A far cry from the ship she reached Hera in. The people around her are all safe?, friends? MERZ does not know, except that nothing makes her conscious of danger and that in and of itself, is a new and interesting situation.

She stretches, rolling her neck and arching her back, working out the tingles from returning to gravity. Turning to DAMON she speaks, still rather distracted and flat-voiced.

MERZ
Any ideas what next?


EOM




If Justice is the dish, then I am your waitress

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, August 5, 2004 2:29 PM

SQUEE


Damon's turn:
LOCATION - MAIN AIRLOCK to LOCATION - CARGO BAY


Damon follows Merz out of the air lock, feeling tired and heavy from the sudden return of gravity. The dull ache of his wounds also returns with a vengeance. He pulls off his helmet for some fresh air and sets it on a crate. Getting the suit off is easier than figuring out how to put it on and it's not long before he's watching Merz for how to fold it up.

Movement on the catwalks catches his attention and he looks up to see Thorne closing the door of the spare shuttle. His mind jumps to his stuff that's still stored under the bunk but after a few seconds he decides a rich guy like Thorne wouldn't be interested in his junk. A moment later, Mal comes out of Inara's shuttle looking... upset.

MERZ
Any ideas what next?


Merz's question brings his thoughts back to what needs to be done. "Uhh..." He sighs, running a hand through his hair and sets his suit back in it's locker. Next on his list was worrying about his gun and cortex access but for now taking a breather sounds like the best idea.

"Guess I should head for the infirmery for some clean bandage things... Rapiheal or something like that. If tomorrow gets interesting I'd prefer not to have to worry about tearing stitches." He gives a faint smile. "Just don't tell Rowan."




I'm not broken, in my dream I win...

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, August 5, 2004 2:51 PM

MERCEDESTROY


MERZ move

LOCATION - CARGO BAY

DAMON
Just don't tell Rowan.



don’t be silly
MERZ thinks to herself, i will most certainly tell ROWAN if she needs to know, bhaai. didi will take care of you whether you choose it or not. didi will take care of all of you.

MERZ
Go ahead DAMON, and take care of yourself. If you require assistance, I am trained for such duties.
She looks around the bay. I think, I have time for some … her eyes fall on the weight bench, training.

She moves slowly off, still deep in thought, leaving DAMON to go to the infirmary alone. If he takes more than 20 minutes, she can go check on him.

EOM



bhaai = little brother (Nepali)
didi = elder sister (Nepali)


If Justice is the dish, then I am your waitress

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, August 5, 2004 3:48 PM

MERCEDESTROY


KAYLEE’s move

She hears a voice calling down the access hatch, Lady Serenity?

He bring me that his own self? She thinks as she stands. Well, that was nice of him.

KAYLEE stretches a little and heads back up to the hatchway. WASH is standing there holding one of those nasty Blue Sun protein bars and a can of, well, call it lemonade. Beggars can’t be choosers and right now, she has work to do. This is enough; Serenity needs her.

KAYLEE
Thanks WASH, I appreciate it. You shook a fitting loose in the port thruster, easy enough to fix. I’m gonna check the other thruster and then give the artificial gravity generator a once and maybe twice over ‘for bedtime. I’ll have our girl all ship shape before you go shakin’ us around.


She takes the food and drink from WASH’s hand, and almost absently turns back to her work again, leaving him standing in the doorway.

EOM


If Justice is the dish, then I am your waitress

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, August 5, 2004 4:55 PM

RAISTLYNNE


HEXX'S TURN:

Hexx, having made it back to the room he's currently haunting, discards his soiled clothing and heads to the latrine to get cleaned up. Jumping into the shower, he begins to lather up.

"Dammit!", he shouts aloud. Coming across a multitude of abrasions to what look like bite marks and stab wounds on various parts on his body. Not having noticed being hurt until the hot water and soap made contact.

Jonas finishes his shower and as he dries off, retrieves a med kit from the Box. Sewing up the deeper cuts and suturing the rest takes care of the worst of his troubles. Still feeling out of sorts after his little excursion into "crazy-land", Hexx shoots up for good measure.

"Well, guess I could go for some fish and noodles right about now. I'll order out, low profile time for me." Nodding as though agreeing with an unseen presence occupying the room with him, Hexx calls up a boy to get him his edibles.

He then takes out his "pocket-watch" and dials the Bank for information on the last known whereabouts of the Tamms.

EOT.




NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, August 5, 2004 7:19 PM

SAINT JAYNE


Jayne's turn:
LOCATION - GALLEY

Jayne looks more like himself now, stripped of his weapons and warfaring mentality. He walks down to the galley to see who's around. Maybe have a normal conversation with someone to help him piece together his scattered thoughts.

His stomach cries out in its usual, overly dramatic way. It had been a long time since breakfast, and those protein puffs only delayed the inevitable feeding frenzy that was to come.

Jayne steps into the galley and plainly says "hey" to those present.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
Till I found Serenity
Sun, January 14, 2024 14:16 - 4 posts
Virtual Firefly Book continues 3
Sun, January 14, 2024 14:15 - 205 posts
Ship Designs for you Game
Sun, January 14, 2024 14:13 - 3 posts
Netflix to relaunch Firefly
Tue, April 19, 2022 17:45 - 10 posts
New Cortex system rpg site
Tue, January 28, 2020 15:47 - 5 posts
PTSD and Mal. Really?
Mon, January 27, 2020 10:08 - 119 posts
*An image of a Man pops up on Your Screen*
Tue, February 6, 2018 21:45 - 4 posts
Bathgate Abbey
Sun, January 28, 2018 23:37 - 19 posts
What was the saddest part of firefly/serenity...
Sun, January 28, 2018 20:20 - 35 posts
Rotten at the Core: The Sins of the Parliament
Tue, October 10, 2017 13:16 - 3 posts
any volunteers for rp?
Sat, April 9, 2016 10:18 - 4 posts
Google Group Up for Margaret Weis's tabletop Firefly RPG
Sat, April 9, 2016 10:13 - 2 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL