REAL WORLD EVENT DISCUSSIONS

Countdown Clock, Trumps Removal 'Starts'

POSTED BY: THG
UPDATED: Saturday, July 11, 2020 17:18
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 6890
PAGE 1 of 9

Friday, December 20, 2019 8:47 AM

THG


tick tock___There goes a large chunk of Trumps base.



Evangelical magazine Christianity Today calls for Trump's removal after impeachment

Christianity Today, the evangelical Christian magazine founded by televangelist Billy Graham, called for Donald Trump’s removal from office following the president’s impeachment, marking a significant split from what has typically been Trump’s staunch base.

The editor-in-chief, Mark Galli, wrote: “The facts in this instance are unambiguous: the president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents.

“That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral,” he wrote.

“We believe the impeachment hearings have made it absolutely clear, in a way the Mueller investigation did not, that President Trump has abused his authority for personal gain and betrayed his constitutional oath,” Galli continued. “The impeachment hearings have illuminated the president’s moral deficiencies for all to see. This damages the institution of the presidency, damages the reputation of our country, and damages both the spirit and the future of our people.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/19/trump-evangelical-chri
stian-magazine-impeachment



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, December 20, 2019 10:10 AM

THG


T

Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.


Major Evangelical Magazine Calls For Trump's Removal


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, December 20, 2019 10:20 AM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


Quote:

Originally posted by THG:
tick tock___There goes a large chunk of Trumps base.

Evangelical magazine Christianity Today calls for Trump's removal after impeachment

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump tweeted:

A far left magazine, or very “progressive,” as some would call it, which has been doing poorly and hasn’t been involved with the Billy Graham family for many years, Christianity Today, knows nothing about reading a perfect transcript of a routine phone call and would rather have a Radical Left nonbeliever, who wants to take your religion & your guns, than Donald Trump as your President. No President has done more for the Evangelical community, and it’s not even close. You’ll not get anything from those Dems on stage. I won’t be reading ET again!
4:12 AM - 20 Dec 2019
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1207997316424187905

Christianity Today wrote "It’s time to say what we said 20 years ago when a president’s character was revealed for what it was."
www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/december-web-only/trump-should-be-re
moved-from-office.html


The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, December 20, 2019 10:34 AM

THG


T

Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.


Top Christian magazine: Remove Trump


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, December 20, 2019 11:02 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


lol

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, December 20, 2019 11:25 AM

THG


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:

lol



What Jack means is

T


Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, December 20, 2019 11:33 AM

THG


T

Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.


McConnell’s Vow Not To Be Impartial In Impeachment Trial


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, December 20, 2019 11:47 AM

THG


T

Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, December 20, 2019 12:46 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


lol

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, December 20, 2019 12:52 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


He's a Californian, first off...

He also likes to flop around when it comes to what denomination he associates himself with.

Both of which things I don't think the majority of this extremely tiny demographic is going to give two shits about.


If you think that the 60+ Million people who voted for Trump subscribe to this bullshit:

https://christianhistoryinstitute.org/magazine/

...lol


And if you think they're going to vote Democrat instead...

LOLOLOLOL

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, December 20, 2019 1:21 PM

CAPTAINCRUNCH

... stay crunchy...


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
He's a Californian, first off...



Like SIGGY and KOOKIE

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, December 20, 2019 1:57 PM

THG


Christianity Today’s Editorial on Trump: 5 of Its Sharpest Rebukes

1. The editorial argues that the actions under investigation in the impeachment process were immoral.

2. It says the president traffics in lies and slander.

3. It says political victories like the appointment of conservative justices to the Supreme Court do not outweigh Mr. Trump’s ‘moral deficiencies.’

4. It makes a direct appeal to evangelicals to remember whom they ultimately serve.

5. And it warns Christian supporters of Mr. Trump that they are risking the reputation of their religion.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/christianity-today-s-editorial
-on-trump-5-of-its-sharpest-rebukes/ar-BBYceKp?ocid=msn360


tick tock

T


Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, December 20, 2019 2:22 PM

THG




T

Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, December 20, 2019 5:03 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


lol

And in one single day, an editorial from that magazine was read by more people than every single editorial the magazine had ever put out since its inception.



Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, December 21, 2019 9:14 AM

THG


T

Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.


Trump fires back at Christian magazine calling for his removal


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, December 21, 2019 10:13 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Given that you guys have vomited that "Christian" editorial all over the forums, I'm going to proclaim that it's safe to say that ultra-Right evangelicals can be put on the list of people you love now too.

So let's see now... That's...

Vladimir Putin
John Bolton
Robert Mueller
John McCain
George W Bush
CIA
FBI
James Comey
The Evangelical Right C/O Mark Galli

I'm not missing anybody there, am I, Captain?

Should Mark Galli be higher on the list too?



I had a little look at Mark Galli's Twatter history. I thought it was kind of strange that he stopped using it in March of 2018, but I think I solved that mystery (see below).


Here's a few bangers that he put out in the past though:



He's not a big fan of gay rights...

June 26th, 2015:
Our Response to the Supreme Court Ruling Today:

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2015/june-web-only/6-things-to-do
-after-supreme-court-gay-marriage-decision.html?share=oMxNAmoQ1CGBKjM%2fZHvo2AdkdNwxEJaR&&visit_source=facebook


Quote:

Six Things To Do after the Supreme Court Decision on Gay Marriage

We lost this one.



I'm not usually one to only read a headline and the first sentence, and I'm usually the guy scolding everybody else for making that their daily habit, but I think we know where the rest of that article was going.


__________________________________________________________________________


June 11th, 2013:

For boomers and history buffs: Kennedy's Finest Moment

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/11/opinion/kennedys-civil-rights-trium
ph.html?smid=tw-share


Quote:

Kennedy’s words anticipated some of the key themes found in King’s soaring March on Washington address two months later. And that shared moral force, that commonality of thinking between the two speeches, is the most important reason to remember the president’s address, 50 years ago today: it reminds us of a forgotten moment of the civil rights era, when presidential leadership and grass-roots activism worked in creative tension to turn the narrative of civil rights from a regional issue into a national story promoting racial equality and democratic renewal.


Civil Rights for EVERYBODY!

Except for those goddamned fags.


Oh... wait. Nevermind. Hypocrisy is something you guys actively engage in everyday and are FULLY on board with.


__________________________________________________________________________



Rape Babies should be a celebration...

October 24th, 2012:

A response to today's political frenzy: Are Pregnancy's Even From Rape a Gift From God?

https://web.archive.org/web/20170607051557/https://www.christianitytod
ay.com/ct/2012/october-web-only/are-pregnancies-even-from-rape-gift-from-god.html


Quote:

Many media outlets are expressing shock, unable to concieve of a God or a world in which God might actually make something good from something horrid, that the child of rape or incest could be considered a divine gift. Note the tone and disgust of the Atlantic Wire summary of the story.



You heard it right here, ladies. Drop you weekend plans and go out and get raped this weekend in the name of God, and you too can have a Miracle Baby of your own.


__________________________________________________________________________




Doesn't want you using the MyFace or the Twatter...

November 13th, 2013:

"Millions in US still lack internet access." uh, maybe that's a blessing for them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/gap-between-those-w
ho-use-internet-and-those-who-dont-is-widening/2013/11/12/d9d8d002-4726-11e3-a196-3544a03c2351_story.html


Oh... well that probably explains why he hasn't used his Twatter in nearly 2 years. Four years later he seemed to have finally taken his own advice. His guilt for greedily gorging on all those internet apples that Satan was feeding him seemed to have finally caught up with him.

You might not remember how much social media you used before you went cold turkey, Mark...



But God will.



__________________________________________________________________________



Blissfully, ignorantly feeding Satan's Apples to the masses before God told him Internet = Bad.


October 5th, 2012:

For intellectual bargain hunters: new CT phone app. Open browser, go to Christianity Today. Enjoy. Free!




This post didn't age well...

lol at "intellectual".

__________________________________________________________________________




Science is Dumb...

May 28, 2013:

Heroes of Uncertainty. Do psychiatrists, economists, political scientists, et. al. agree?

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/28/opinion/brooks-heroes-of-uncertaint
y.html?smid=tw-share


Quote:

The problem is that the behavorial sciences like psychiatry are not really sciences; they are semi-sciences. The underlying reality they describe is just not as regularized as the underlying reality of, say, a solar system.


Now you're just salty they haven't made a GOD pill that makes you love taking your Creationism classes yet, Mark.



__________________________________________________________________________




Which brings us to...

Seems to get annoyed when Republican politicians don't say that the earth is only 6,000 years old and sound as wacko as flat earthers...

November 20th, 2013:
Douthats how Christians should be talking about science in the public square.

https://douthat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/19/marco-rubio-and-the-age-o
f-the-earth/?smid=tw-share


Quote:

The goal of a political party is to win 51 percent of the vote and govern effectively, and as Rubio suggests, the ordinary work of politics can proceed even if some national politicians decline to take public views on the geological age of the earth.

It is not Marco Rubio’s task in life to solve this problem. But it is a problem, in our age even more than in Augustine’s, and his answer didn’t help.



Hey, chin up there, buckaroo! If we remove Trump we can get President Mike Pence in there and he can put an Amendment in the Constitution that everybody must recognize that the Earth is only 6,000 years old and punish them with jail time if they say otherwise! Maybe even death for repeat offenses if we're really lucky!

And we can force MyFace and Twatter to report anybody who doesn't believe, and then they will be safe places for Christians to use! And the best part is the Democrats already made that possible by saying censorship isn't a problem when major companies do it and they've already given their full blessing and support to the CIA, FBI and NSA to do mass surveillance on people because Orange Man Bad!

Never in American history have we been THIS CLOSE to having a Christian authoritarian President in office. With the Lord behind us, we are unstoppable!

Church and State, here we come!

In God We Trust!







You knuckleheads see what is happening here?

Not that it matters, this all will have fallen down the memory hole in two weeks.

But I'll keep reminding you.



Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, December 21, 2019 11:19 AM

THG


Trump is standing at the precipice, and winter is coming. Think all things being fought about in the courts coming due. Some perhaps, while we await Trumps senate trial.

tick tock

T


Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, December 21, 2019 11:27 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


How poetic.

lol...

What a clown.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, December 21, 2019 4:24 PM

THG


T

Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, December 22, 2019 11:10 AM

THG


Trumps impeachment shows our allies and the rest of the world America hasn't completely lost it's mind.

tick tock

T


Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, December 22, 2019 12:35 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


lol

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, December 22, 2019 1:08 PM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:

Hey, chin up there, buckaroo! If we remove Trump we can get President Mike Pence in there and he can put an Amendment in the Constitution that everybody must recognize that the Earth is only 6,000 years old and punish them with jail time if they say otherwise! Maybe even death for repeat offenses if we're really lucky!

And we can force MyFace and Twatter to report anybody who doesn't believe, and then they will be safe places for Christians to use! And the best part is the Democrats already made that possible by saying censorship isn't a problem when major companies do it and they've already given their full blessing and support to the CIA, FBI and NSA to do mass surveillance on people because Orange Man Bad!

Never in American history have we been THIS CLOSE to having a Christian authoritarian President in office. With the Lord behind us, we are unstoppable!

Church and State, here we come!

In God We Trust!

You knuckleheads see what is happening here?

Not that it matters, this all will have fallen down the memory hole in two weeks.

But I'll keep reminding you.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

6ix, it would take 3/4th of the State Legislatures to make the changes you think President Pence can do all by himself. On the other hand, Pence or Trump can start the Battle of Armageddon, the one in the Bible except with H-bombs instead of Angels, with no permission from Congress. That is a serious flaw in the Federal Government, to place all that power to destroy the country into one President's push-button. I think, maybe, Congress should pass a law forbidding that, but Congress has not declared War since 1942. It was the Declaration of War with Rumania on June 4, 1942. The Senate unanimously approved the resolution, 73 to 0.
www.senate.gov/pagelayout/history/h_multi_sections_and_teasers/WarDecl
arationsbyCongress.htm


Here is Trump bragging about his all time record large military budget, starting at 9 minutes. It is a mistake to have a nutjob with that much money and Congress won't tell him to not go to war:




The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, December 22, 2019 2:53 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Quote:

Originally posted by second:
Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:

Hey, chin up there, buckaroo! If we remove Trump we can get President Mike Pence in there and he can put an Amendment in the Constitution that everybody must recognize that the Earth is only 6,000 years old and punish them with jail time if they say otherwise! Maybe even death for repeat offenses if we're really lucky!

And we can force MyFace and Twatter to report anybody who doesn't believe, and then they will be safe places for Christians to use! And the best part is the Democrats already made that possible by saying censorship isn't a problem when major companies do it and they've already given their full blessing and support to the CIA, FBI and NSA to do mass surveillance on people because Orange Man Bad!

Never in American history have we been THIS CLOSE to having a Christian authoritarian President in office. With the Lord behind us, we are unstoppable!

Church and State, here we come!

In God We Trust!

You knuckleheads see what is happening here?

Not that it matters, this all will have fallen down the memory hole in two weeks.

But I'll keep reminding you.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

6ix, it would take 3/4th of the State Legislatures to make the changes you think President Pence can do all by himself.




I never said that I thought Pence could do that all by himself.

But I did strongly suggest that the religious wackjob who wrote all of that other outrageous shit in his online historic timeline before writing the article you morons kept citing probably does.

And I also strongly suggested that all of the things you are willingly turning a blind eye to because Orange Man Bad would make things easier in the future for somebody to do things you don't like.



Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, December 23, 2019 6:27 AM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


6ix: The facts in this instance are unambiguous: The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents. That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral. The reason many are not shocked about this is that this president has dumbed down the idea of morality in his administration. www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/december-web-only/trump-should-be-re
moved-from-office.html


“Dumbed down” and Trump go to together well. Trump Speaks At Fourth-Grade Level, Lowest Of Last 15 U.S. Presidents, New Analysis Finds at www.newsweek.com/trump-fire-and-fury-smart-genius-obama-774169

Trump speaks at level of 8-year-old, new analysis finds at www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-language-l
evel-speaking-skills-age-eight-year-old-vocabulary-analysis-a8149926.html


Republican Senator Jerry Moran, for example, said Mr Trump was “smart and capable at getting himself elected president”. But when asked whether he was a genius, Mr Moran replied: “Got nothing.”

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, December 23, 2019 6:42 AM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


On the theme that Trump is dumb, he didn't send a White House lawyer to the impeachment hearings. But having forgotten what he did to himself, on Sunday he complained: "Crazy Nancy wants to dictate terms on the Impeachment Hoax to the Republican Majority Senate, but striped away all Due Process, no lawyers or witnesses, on the Democrat Majority House. The Dems just wish it would all end. Their case is dead, their poll numbers are horrendous!"
12:18 PM - 22 Dec 2019
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1208844297912619008

www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/12/06/donald-trump-wont-send-wh-lawye
r-next-impeachment-hearing/4351772002
/

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, December 23, 2019 6:56 AM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


On the theme that Trump is dumb, Trump repeatedly claimed Monday morning that Zelenskiy "said very strongly that President Trump did absolutely nothing wrong," but at no point did Zelenskiy say that.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-send-lawyer-impeachment-hearing-
hoax/story?id=67436884


The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, December 23, 2019 1:05 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Quote:

Originally posted by second:
6ix: The facts in this instance are unambiguous: The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents. That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral. The reason many are not shocked about this is that this president has dumbed down the idea of morality in his administration. www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/december-web-only/trump-should-be-re
moved-from-office.html



That's not what that article says, because of who wrote it.

And if you think that any significant portion of the voting population is going to pay this homophobic idiot who believes the Earth is only 6,000 years old, well...

lol

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, December 23, 2019 9:45 PM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


In the Trump trial, Giuliani needs to explain this interview, under oath:

In a remarkable interview with New York magazine, Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump's lawyer, painted George Soros as a puppet master who has secretly been pulling the strings in Ukraine. Soros is a frequent target of conspiracy theories about Jews controlling the world.

"Don’t tell me I’m anti-Semitic if I oppose him," Giuliani said. "Soros is hardly a Jew. I’m more of a Jew than Soros is. I probably know more about — he doesn’t go to church, he doesn’t go to religion — synagogue. He doesn’t belong to a synagogue, he doesn’t support Israel, he’s an enemy of Israel. He’s elected eight anarchist DAs in the United States. He’s a horrible human being."

He said the former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, who testified in the impeachment inquiry that she'd been smeared and forced out of her job by Giuliani, was "controlled" by Soros.

"He [Soros] put all four ambassadors there. And he’s employing the FBI agents," Giuliani told the magazine.

More Giuliani/Trump nuttiness at
www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/giuliani-says-he-s-
more-jew-holocaust-survivor-george-soros-n1106701


Giuliani expressed hope that he would be one of the lawyers representing Trump in his Senate impeachment trial, because he could cross-examine Democrats. But first, Giuliani needs to be a witness for the prosecution. Then he can cross-examine himself. That will be ludicrously entertaining TV when he spews conspiracy theories with no evidence more solid than "I heard somewhere but I forget where."

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, December 23, 2019 10:43 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Quote:

Originally posted by second:
In the Trump trial, Giuliani needs to explain this interview, under oath:


"Don’t tell me I’m anti-Semitic if I oppose him," Giuliani said. "Soros is hardly a Jew. I’m more of a Jew than Soros is. I probably know more about — he doesn’t go to church, he doesn’t go to religion — synagogue. He doesn’t belong to a synagogue, he doesn’t support Israel, he’s an enemy of Israel. He’s elected eight anarchist DAs in the United States. He’s a horrible human being."



Sounds to me like he already explained it.

Idiot.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 9:36 AM

THG


Graham warns Giuliani: 'I hope you know what you're talking about'

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) warned on Wednesday that if Rudy Giuliani, President Trump's personal lawyer, is going to publicly suggest a "cover-up" involving the Bidens and Ukraine "then I hope you know what you're talking about."

"If he comes, you gotta be willing to ask questions about your conduct. It's just not good for the country to make these accusations on cable television without them being tested," Graham added.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/graham-warns-giuliani-i-hope-y
ou-know-what-youre-talking-about/ar-BBY8idP


tick tock

T


Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 10:31 AM

THG


Republican Group to Run Ad on Fox News Demanding Testimony from Key White House Officials in Trump Impeachment Trial

A Republican group is launching an ad campaign to demand that several key White House officials, such as chief of staff Mick Mulvaney and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, testify in the impeachment process against President Donald Trump.

Republicans for the Rule of Law, a conservative organization whose stated purpose is "defending the institutions of our republic," will air the 30-second video on Thursday during Fox & Friends and Lou Dobbs Tonight.

"Key witnesses in the Ukraine scandal must testify," the ad states. The group goes on to demand testimony from Mulvaney, Pompeo, Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani and former national security adviser John Bolton.

The group is also targeting four Republican senators who could be the key to Democrats getting additional witnesses in the Senate trial: Mitt Romney of Utah, Susan Collins of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Lamar Alexander of Tennessee. These lawmakers are the Senate's most likely Republican members to rebuke the president and support his removal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republican-group-to-run-ad-on-
fox-news-demanding-testimony-from-key-white-house-officials-in-trump-impeachment-trial/ar-BBYhH8m?ocid=spartandhp


tick tock

T


Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 11:07 AM

CAPTAINCRUNCH

... stay crunchy...


Quote:

Originally posted by THG:
Republican Group to Run Ad on Fox News Demanding Testimony from Key White House Officials in Trump Impeachment Trial

A Republican group is launching an ad campaign to demand that several key White House officials, such as chief of staff Mick Mulvaney and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, testify in the impeachment process against President Donald Trump.

Republicans for the Rule of Law, a conservative organization whose stated purpose is "defending the institutions of our republic," will air the 30-second video on Thursday during Fox & Friends and Lou Dobbs Tonight.

"Key witnesses in the Ukraine scandal must testify," the ad states. The group goes on to demand testimony from Mulvaney, Pompeo, Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani and former national security adviser John Bolton.

The group is also targeting four Republican senators who could be the key to Democrats getting additional witnesses in the Senate trial: Mitt Romney of Utah, Susan Collins of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Lamar Alexander of Tennessee. These lawmakers are the Senate's most likely Republican members to rebuke the president and support his removal.




This is exactly the kind of stuff that delaying the articles of IMPEACHMENT allows for. Pelosi was pretty smart if this was what she was hoping for.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 12:53 PM

THG


Exactly G; and then there's this...

Republicans fume over Dem threat of new impeachment articles: ‘Time to cut them off’

Republicans ratcheted up their accusations that Democrats are overplaying their impeachment hand after court filings from the House Judiciary Committee indicated the two articles of impeachment adopted last week may only be the beginning.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republicans-fume-over-dem-thre
at-of-new-impeachment-articles-time-to-cut-them-off/ar-BBYje0h?ocid=spartandhp


T

Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 1:07 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Quote:

Originally posted by THG:
Graham warns Giuliani: 'I hope you know what you're talking about'

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) warned on Wednesday that if Rudy Giuliani, President Trump's personal lawyer, is going to publicly suggest a "cover-up" involving the Bidens and Ukraine "then I hope you know what you're talking about."

"If he comes, you gotta be willing to ask questions about your conduct. It's just not good for the country to make these accusations on cable television without them being tested," Graham added.



Rachel Maddow never got that memo.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 1:38 PM

THG


G, I have a question for you. Have you noticed how we rarely speak of the talking heads on the right? In contrast, our trolling friends are absolutely owned by the rest of the media. Their hate runs so deep they've convinced themselves it's all fake. That's extreme paranoia. Take show hosts like Rachel Maddow. The way they obsess about her shows them to be unbalanced. She’s really gotten into their heads.

The same can be said about MSN, MSNBC, and CNN. And so on and so on and so on…
They are so obsessed and hateful they still post as though Trump hasn’t been impeached. This as well as their posts in the other threads continue to show they can’t handle the truth. It’s all one need know about them to understand their mental health status. That status would be; as bad as it gets.

tick tock

T


Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 1:44 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


lol

I'm not the one here who watches that shit and mindlessly parrots my programming.

Seriously dude, how much time have you wasted in the last three years watching cable news?

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 2:11 PM

THG


Christianity Today again slams Trump, raises issue of 'unconditional loyalty'

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Christianity Today, the magazine founded by the late Reverend Billy Graham, renewed its criticism of President Donald Trump in a new editorial that cited his "misuses of power" and asked fellow Christians to examine their loyalty to him, days after a controversial editorial that called for his impeachment.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/christianity-today-again-slams
-trump-raises-issue-of-unconditional-loyalty/ar-BBYhPi7?ocid=spartandhp


tick tock

T


Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 2:33 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Given that you guys have vomited that "Christian" editorial all over the forums, I'm going to proclaim that it's safe to say that ultra-Right evangelicals can be put on the list of people you love now too.

So let's see now... That's...

Vladimir Putin
John Bolton
Robert Mueller
John McCain
George W Bush
CIA
FBI
James Comey
The Evangelical Right C/O Mark Galli

I'm not missing anybody there, am I, Captain?

Should Mark Galli be higher on the list too?



I had a little look at Mark Galli's Twatter history. I thought it was kind of strange that he stopped using it in March of 2018, but I think I solved that mystery (see below).


Here's a few bangers that he put out in the past though:



He's not a big fan of gay rights...

June 26th, 2015:
Our Response to the Supreme Court Ruling Today:

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2015/june-web-only/6-things-to-do
-after-supreme-court-gay-marriage-decision.html?share=oMxNAmoQ1CGBKjM%2fZHvo2AdkdNwxEJaR&&visit_source=facebook


Quote:

Six Things To Do after the Supreme Court Decision on Gay Marriage

We lost this one.



I'm not usually one to only read a headline and the first sentence, and I'm usually the guy scolding everybody else for making that their daily habit, but I think we know where the rest of that article was going.


__________________________________________________________________________


June 11th, 2013:

For boomers and history buffs: Kennedy's Finest Moment

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/11/opinion/kennedys-civil-rights-trium
ph.html?smid=tw-share


Quote:

Kennedy’s words anticipated some of the key themes found in King’s soaring March on Washington address two months later. And that shared moral force, that commonality of thinking between the two speeches, is the most important reason to remember the president’s address, 50 years ago today: it reminds us of a forgotten moment of the civil rights era, when presidential leadership and grass-roots activism worked in creative tension to turn the narrative of civil rights from a regional issue into a national story promoting racial equality and democratic renewal.


Civil Rights for EVERYBODY!

Except for those goddamned fags.


Oh... wait. Nevermind. Hypocrisy is something you guys actively engage in everyday and are FULLY on board with.


__________________________________________________________________________



Rape Babies should be a celebration...

October 24th, 2012:

A response to today's political frenzy: Are Pregnancy's Even From Rape a Gift From God?

https://web.archive.org/web/20170607051557/https://www.christianitytod
ay.com/ct/2012/october-web-only/are-pregnancies-even-from-rape-gift-from-god.html


Quote:

Many media outlets are expressing shock, unable to concieve of a God or a world in which God might actually make something good from something horrid, that the child of rape or incest could be considered a divine gift. Note the tone and disgust of the Atlantic Wire summary of the story.



You heard it right here, ladies. Drop you weekend plans and go out and get raped this weekend in the name of God, and you too can have a Miracle Baby of your own.


__________________________________________________________________________




Doesn't want you using the MyFace or the Twatter...

November 13th, 2013:

"Millions in US still lack internet access." uh, maybe that's a blessing for them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/gap-between-those-w
ho-use-internet-and-those-who-dont-is-widening/2013/11/12/d9d8d002-4726-11e3-a196-3544a03c2351_story.html


Oh... well that probably explains why he hasn't used his Twatter in nearly 2 years. Four years later he seemed to have finally taken his own advice. His guilt for greedily gorging on all those internet apples that Satan was feeding him seemed to have finally caught up with him.

You might not remember how much social media you used before you went cold turkey, Mark...



But God will.



__________________________________________________________________________



Blissfully, ignorantly feeding Satan's Apples to the masses before God told him Internet = Bad.


October 5th, 2012:

For intellectual bargain hunters: new CT phone app. Open browser, go to Christianity Today. Enjoy. Free!




This post didn't age well...

lol at "intellectual".

__________________________________________________________________________




Science is Dumb...

May 28, 2013:

Heroes of Uncertainty. Do psychiatrists, economists, political scientists, et. al. agree?

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/28/opinion/brooks-heroes-of-uncertaint
y.html?smid=tw-share


Quote:

The problem is that the behavorial sciences like psychiatry are not really sciences; they are semi-sciences. The underlying reality they describe is just not as regularized as the underlying reality of, say, a solar system.


Now you're just salty they haven't made a GOD pill that makes you love taking your Creationism classes yet, Mark.



__________________________________________________________________________




Which brings us to...

Seems to get annoyed when Republican politicians don't say that the earth is only 6,000 years old and sound as wacko as flat earthers...

November 20th, 2013:
Douthats how Christians should be talking about science in the public square.

https://douthat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/19/marco-rubio-and-the-age-o
f-the-earth/?smid=tw-share


Quote:

The goal of a political party is to win 51 percent of the vote and govern effectively, and as Rubio suggests, the ordinary work of politics can proceed even if some national politicians decline to take public views on the geological age of the earth.

It is not Marco Rubio’s task in life to solve this problem. But it is a problem, in our age even more than in Augustine’s, and his answer didn’t help.



Hey, chin up there, buckaroo! If we remove Trump we can get President Mike Pence in there and he can put an Amendment in the Constitution that everybody must recognize that the Earth is only 6,000 years old and punish them with jail time if they say otherwise! Maybe even death for repeat offenses if we're really lucky!

And we can force MyFace and Twatter to report anybody who doesn't believe, and then they will be safe places for Christians to use! And the best part is the Democrats already made that possible by saying censorship isn't a problem when major companies do it and they've already given their full blessing and support to the CIA, FBI and NSA to do mass surveillance on people because Orange Man Bad!

Never in American history have we been THIS CLOSE to having a Christian authoritarian President in office. With the Lord behind us, we are unstoppable!

Church and State, here we come!

In God We Trust!







You knuckleheads see what is happening here?

Not that it matters, this all will have fallen down the memory hole in two weeks.

But I'll keep reminding you.



Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 2:53 PM

THG


Editor quits after Christian publication backs Trump amid evangelical divide

Napp Nazworth's decision to quit comes amid a divide among evangelical publications concerning President Trump. Nazworth, who had been at the outlet for more than eight years, announced his resignation on Twitter Monday night, calling the decision a "difficult choice" and adding that he "can't be an editor for a publication with that editorial voice."

"Like so many other media companies, they've chosen to silo themselves," he continued. "They've chosen to represent a narrow (and shrinking) slice of Christianity. That might be a good business decision, short term at least. But... it's bad for Democracy, and bad for the Gospel. It means there will be one more place where readers can go for bias confirmation, but one less place where readers can go to exercise their brains on diversity of thought."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/editor-quits-after-christian-publica
tion-backs-trump-amid-evangelical-divide/ar-BBYiXsy?ocid=spartandhp


Plenty of time for this to unravel enough to really hurt Trump in the coming elections.

tick tock folks


T


Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 4:56 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Quote:

Originally posted by THG:
Editor quits after Christian publication backs Trump amid evangelical divide

Napp Nazworth's decision to quit comes amid a divide among evangelical publications concerning President Trump. Nazworth, who had been at the outlet for more than eight years, announced his resignation on Twitter Monday night, calling the decision a "difficult choice" and adding that he "can't be an editor for a publication with that editorial voice."

"Like so many other media companies, they've chosen to silo themselves," he continued. "They've chosen to represent a narrow (and shrinking) slice of Christianity. That might be a good business decision, short term at least. But... it's bad for Democracy, and bad for the Gospel. It means there will be one more place where readers can go for bias confirmation, but one less place where readers can go to exercise their brains on diversity of thought."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/editor-quits-after-christian-publica
tion-backs-trump-amid-evangelical-divide/ar-BBYiXsy?ocid=spartandhp


Plenty of time for this to unravel enough to really hurt Trump in the coming elections.

tick tock folks


T


Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.




We'll have to see if he ends up working for Mark Galli.

If he does, then that will be one more hypocritical hero to put on your list.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 11:22 AM

THG


T

Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.


Fact-Checking President Donald Trump In 2019


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 11:47 AM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


The promise and perils of a secret impeachment vote in the Senate

A trial in the US Senate, whatever evidence is presented, will end with Donald Trump’s acquittal. Republican majority leader Mitch McConnell has promised it. But if the vote were conducted in secret, 30 or more Republican senators would find the president’s dealings with Ukraine violated the Constitution. Or so said former Arizona senator Jeff Flake in September.

Republicans who believe Trump acted improperly should be willing to say so, even if it means falling out with the in-crowd. However, it seems there are 30 senators who do not have the courage of their convictions. Ever since, academics and pundits have been discussing the merits and drawbacks of a secret vote, while laying out the logistical path for approving cloaked ballots.

Senators could approve a secret impeachment vote if they wanted to. Impeachment trial rules are up to the senators and must pass by a simple majority — 51 out of 100 members.

Republicans are now in the majority and have 53 votes. Still, it wouldn’t take much GOP resistance to force McConnell to cede to a secret ballot. If just three Republicans premised their approval of the rest of the rules on a cloaked vote, they could make it happen.

If the only way senators can fulfill their constitutional duty to objectively judge the evidence and decide on guilt or acquittal is under the cloak of secrecy, it’s fair to ask whether they are up to the task of governance. Do they have the moral fiber to lead? Or, as one Twitter user crudely put it in response to talk of a mystery posse of Republican resistors, “profiles in pisspants.”

More at https://qz.com/1774850/

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 12:23 PM

THG


A secret vote second means Trump goes. The man has nothing but enemies in the senate.

T


Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 12:51 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Quote:

Originally posted by second:
The promise and perils of a secret impeachment vote in the Senate

A trial in the US Senate, whatever evidence is presented, will end with Donald Trump’s acquittal. Republican majority leader Mitch McConnell has promised it. But if the vote were conducted in secret, 30 or more Republican senators would find the president’s dealings with Ukraine violated the Constitution. Or so said former Arizona senator Jeff Flake in September.

Republicans who believe Trump acted improperly should be willing to say so, even if it means falling out with the in-crowd. However, it seems there are 30 senators who do not have the courage of their convictions. Ever since, academics and pundits have been discussing the merits and drawbacks of a secret vote, while laying out the logistical path for approving cloaked ballots.

Senators could approve a secret impeachment vote if they wanted to. Impeachment trial rules are up to the senators and must pass by a simple majority — 51 out of 100 members.

Republicans are now in the majority and have 53 votes. Still, it wouldn’t take much GOP resistance to force McConnell to cede to a secret ballot. If just three Republicans premised their approval of the rest of the rules on a cloaked vote, they could make it happen.

If the only way senators can fulfill their constitutional duty to objectively judge the evidence and decide on guilt or acquittal is under the cloak of secrecy, it’s fair to ask whether they are up to the task of governance. Do they have the moral fiber to lead? Or, as one Twitter user crudely put it in response to talk of a mystery posse of Republican resistors, “profiles in pisspants.”

More at https://qz.com/1774850/

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly



Article I, Section 5 has something to say about that...

Quote:

Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members, and a Majority of each shall constitute a Quorum to do Business; but a smaller Number may adjourn from day to day, and may be authorized to compel the Attendance of absent Members, in such Manner, and under such Penalties as each House may provide.

Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member.

Each House shall keep a Journal of its Proceedings, and from time to time publish the same, excepting such Parts as may in their Judgment require Secrecy; and the Yeas and Nays of the Members of either House on any question shall, at the Desire of one fifth of those Present, be entered on the Journal….



You would need 81 Senators to approve of a secret ballot. Not 51.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 12:58 PM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


Quote:

Originally posted by THG:
A secret vote second means Trump goes. The man has nothing but enemies in the senate.

The wiser Senators know that Trump in a second term could do serious, yet temporary, damage to the GOP as did Bush in his second term, which was followed by a very temporary Senate landslide for Democrats. In 2006, the Democrats gained 5 seats in the Senate. In 2008, Dems gained 8 seats. But in 2010, the Dems lost 6 seats. 2014 Dems lost 9. The wiser Senators know its better to be rid of idiots like Bush, who crashed the economy. They know Trump is another idiot, too, despite his non-stop bragging about his ability to manage the economy when it is really the top 0.1% who are doing all the real thinking.

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 12:59 PM

THG


GOP Senator 'Disturbed' Mitch McConnell Coordinating Impeachment Trial with Trump, Demands 'Fair Process'

Murkowski, who has previously been critical of the partisan nature of the House impeachment inquiry, is now taking on McConnell and South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham for both claiming there would be "total coordination" between the U.S. Senate and President Donald Trump over his own impeachment trial.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gop-senator-disturbed-mitch-mc
connell-coordinating-impeachment-trial-with-trump-demands-fair-process/ar-BBYkPJW?ocid=spartandhp


tick tock

T


Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, December 27, 2019 1:57 PM

THG


T

Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, December 29, 2019 12:43 PM

THG


Christianity Today's split with Trump highlights deeper issue in white evangelical America

"One of the major factors is that the church is too tied up in right-wing politics,"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/christianity-todays-split-with
-trump-highlights-deeper-issue-in-white-evangelical-america/ar-BBYrbIu?ocid=spartanntp


T

Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, December 29, 2019 2:27 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Quote:

Originally posted by second:
The promise and perils of a secret impeachment vote in the Senate

A trial in the US Senate, whatever evidence is presented, will end with Donald Trump’s acquittal. Republican majority leader Mitch McConnell has promised it. But if the vote were conducted in secret, 30 or more Republican senators would find the president’s dealings with Ukraine violated the Constitution. Or so said former Arizona senator Jeff Flake in September.

Republicans who believe Trump acted improperly should be willing to say so, even if it means falling out with the in-crowd. However, it seems there are 30 senators who do not have the courage of their convictions. Ever since, academics and pundits have been discussing the merits and drawbacks of a secret vote, while laying out the logistical path for approving cloaked ballots.

Senators could approve a secret impeachment vote if they wanted to. Impeachment trial rules are up to the senators and must pass by a simple majority — 51 out of 100 members.

Republicans are now in the majority and have 53 votes. Still, it wouldn’t take much GOP resistance to force McConnell to cede to a secret ballot. If just three Republicans premised their approval of the rest of the rules on a cloaked vote, they could make it happen.

If the only way senators can fulfill their constitutional duty to objectively judge the evidence and decide on guilt or acquittal is under the cloak of secrecy, it’s fair to ask whether they are up to the task of governance. Do they have the moral fiber to lead? Or, as one Twitter user crudely put it in response to talk of a mystery posse of Republican resistors, “profiles in pisspants.”

More at https://qz.com/1774850/

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly



Article I, Section 5 has something to say about that...

Quote:

Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members, and a Majority of each shall constitute a Quorum to do Business; but a smaller Number may adjourn from day to day, and may be authorized to compel the Attendance of absent Members, in such Manner, and under such Penalties as each House may provide.

Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member.

Each House shall keep a Journal of its Proceedings, and from time to time publish the same, excepting such Parts as may in their Judgment require Secrecy; and the Yeas and Nays of the Members of either House on any question shall, at the Desire of one fifth of those Present, be entered on the Journal….



You would need 81 Senators to approve of a secret ballot. Not 51.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, December 31, 2019 10:34 AM

THG


T

Deep state describes dedicated, educated professionals.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
Taking bets on how long Ghislaine Maxwell remains alive before Chumpsky and Clinton have her murdered...
Sun, July 12, 2020 05:25 - 25 posts
Some Covid-19 thoughts
Sun, July 12, 2020 04:35 - 894 posts
In the garden, and RAIN!!!!
Sun, July 12, 2020 02:48 - 5027 posts
...and Justice for all
Sun, July 12, 2020 01:26 - 17 posts
What REAL TDS looks like
Sun, July 12, 2020 01:21 - 55 posts
Mask Off
Sun, July 12, 2020 01:00 - 1 posts
No apologies
Sat, July 11, 2020 22:06 - 12 posts
Elections 2020
Sat, July 11, 2020 20:43 - 779 posts
And now for something important: the globe has an ~20% chance of hitting the global warming 1.5C target in the next 5 years
Sat, July 11, 2020 19:16 - 24 posts
Hydroxychloriquine, The Cure For Wuhan Coronavirus (Fauci Flu)
Sat, July 11, 2020 17:50 - 19 posts
The predictions thread
Sat, July 11, 2020 17:34 - 778 posts
What happened to 'America first '
Sat, July 11, 2020 17:23 - 65 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL