GENERAL DISCUSSIONS

Firefly Pen pal?

POSTED BY: RIVERTAM2016
UPDATED: Sunday, November 16, 2014 16:48
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 1946
PAGE 1 of 1

Saturday, November 15, 2014 10:11 AM

RIVERTAM2016

I am to misbehave.


Hello. My name is Tanya. I really enjoy watching Firefly and Serenity. I am wondering if anyone would like to be a Serenity/Firefly pen pal? I do not use the internet very often, but I love to write letters! Let me know if you're interested and we can exchange addresses!
Thanks for reading my post!
Tanya

**I aim to misbehave**

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, November 15, 2014 10:21 AM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Now that's something ya don't see too often anymore.

How many folks actually take the time to WRITE anymore ?

Ya found the right place, I'd say.


NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, November 15, 2014 10:30 AM

THGRRI


Quote:

Originally posted by RIVERTAM2016:
Hello. My name is Tanya. I really enjoy watching Firefly and Serenity. I am wondering if anyone would like to be a Serenity/Firefly pen pal? I do not use the internet very often, but I love to write letters! Let me know if you're interested and we can exchange addresses!
Thanks for reading my post!
Tanya

**I aim to misbehave**



Never, and I mean never exchange addresses with anyone you meet on the internet. Not at least until you have meet them at a gathering of some kind. I assure you it is a fifty, fifty bet they show up at your home or entice you to meet and then you really have problems.

Strike up conversations here with those you find sensible and let it go at that. Maybe start a blog...best of luck.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, November 15, 2014 12:33 PM

WISHIMAY

There will be fire and brimstone and Earth will be destroyed!... in several billion years!----------------------------------------- "Well, so long Earth. Thanks for the air... and what-not." -Philip J. Fry


Sometimes I agree with that and sometimes not. Most of the people here are decent, but here -like the rest of the planet- one out of four have a mental illness of some sort. 99 times out of a hundred a person would be just fine reaching out, but it's that hundredth time that's just such a doosy... I myself have a singular talent for getting stabbed in the back, so I hold back until I've gotten to know a person pretty well.

Can I ask where you are (vaguely) from or an approximate age? I've been around a few years and I may be able to direct you to someone who lives nearish to you. Or I can recommend someone who lives on the other side of the planet if you'd like


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, November 15, 2014 1:05 PM

JAMERAS


As my mother once told me . . . "Son, if you can't put pen to paper then there is something wrong with the son I raised.

Jameras . . .

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, November 16, 2014 3:50 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by Wishimay:
Sometimes I agree with that and sometimes not. Most of the people here are decent, but here -like the rest of the planet- one out of four have a mental illness of some sort. 99 times out of a hundred a person would be just fine reaching out, but it's that hundredth time that's just such a doosy... I myself have a singular talent for getting stabbed in the back, so I hold back until I've gotten to know a person pretty well.

Can I ask where you are (vaguely) from or an approximate age? I've been around a few years and I may be able to direct you to someone who lives nearish to you. Or I can recommend someone who lives on the other side of the planet if you'd like



It's not really about the people HERE.
Miscreants can visit any site on the internets, and that includes here. Criminals can get all kinds of info from you if you allow too much info out - even if you don't think it is too much, or if you cannot understand how they will use the info to steal your identity or anything else.
I do not wish any of those victimhood troubles upon anybody who wishes to visit here.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, November 16, 2014 4:48 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Quote:

Originally posted by JAMERAS:
As my mother once told me . . . "Son, if you can't put pen to paper then there is something wrong with the son I raised.

Jameras . . .



Mamma didn't have access to the interwebs, did she ?



I remember when pen pals use to be a thing. Of course, there was no other way to communicate, and even if both parties had telephones, it was costly.

But w/ the internet, e-mail, message boards and blogs, there's really no much a demand for the " pen " pal anymore.

But hey, fans wanna converse on the shininess of Firefly, is there really a bad means of communication ?

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

FFF.NET SOCIAL