REAL WORLD EVENT DISCUSSIONS

CNN: Russian Ambassador also met with Hillary advisors

POSTED BY: SIGNYM
UPDATED: Saturday, March 25, 2017 08:12
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 605
PAGE 1 of 1

Sunday, March 12, 2017 2:57 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


This is from Zerohedge, but since they link to the original interview you can always go there and see for yourself.
Quote:

Putin Spokesman: Russian Ambassador Also Met With Members Of The Clinton Campaign


In an interview with CNN's Fareed Zakaria broadcast on Sunday, Vladimir Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov expressed growing frustration with the inconclusive first two months of relations between Moscow and the Trump administration, which started off with hope for reconciliation and have instead devolved into a perpetuation of the Obama (and Hillary Clinton) imposed status quo. The election of President Trump, who had spoken approvingly of Putin and called for improved US-Russia relations, had raised hopes in the Kremlin. But Peskov - just like Syria leader Bashar al-Assad yesterday - said there are no signs of progress yet.

“Unfortunately, we don’t have a proper understanding of when this dialogue can begin,” Peskov told Fareed Zakaria (Peskov's take on the Trump administration begins 14:20 in the video below). "We certainly would expect our contacts to be more frequent, more in depth. We had quite a significant pause in our bilateral relations." Trump’s early campaign statements had initially led to speculation that the US would drop sanctions imposed on Russia for its interference in Ukraine, however that approach appears to have been indefinitely delayed following recurring allegations of proximity between the Trump campaign and Moscow. Furthermore, quoted by CBS Peskov said that "Russia will never initiate putting this issue on the agenda."

In an ironic twist, we reported last week that not Trump, but the Clinton-affiliated Podesta Group, run by John Podesta's brother Tony Podesta, had been retained by Russia's largest bank Sberbank CIB to "proactively seek the removal of various Obama-era sanctions" according to TASS. That particular story has yet to make US primetime news.

Peskov also said Putin never voiced support for then-presidential candidate Trump. “You would probably recall that President Putin, during election campaign, had never answered directly a question about his candidate of his support. He kept saying that we will respect a choice of American people,” Peskov told Zakaria.

The Kremlin spokesman, however, did concede that Putin preferred Trump over Clinton, saying, “If you ask him whether he had mentioned the then-candidate Donald Trump, I will answer, yes, he had.”

He also suggested that Putin found Clinton hostile toward Russia, while Trump was open to thawing U.S.-Russian relations. “The candidate Hillary Clinton was quite negative about our country in her attitude and in her program, declaring Russia being nearly the main evil in the world and the main threat for the United States,” Peskov said.

“And to the contrary, the other candidate, Donald Trump, was saying that, 'Yes, we disagree with the Russians ... in lots of issues, but we have to talk to them in order to try to find some understanding.' Whom would you like better? The one who says that Russia is evil or the one who says that, 'Yes, we disagree, but let's talk to understand and to try to find some points of agreement?'” he asked.

* * *

Touching on a more sensitive subject, Peskov denied any collaboration between the Russian government and President Donald Trump’s campaign, and said the U.S. is humiliating itself with its obsession over Russian meddling.

“The answer is very simple. No,” Peskov told Zakaria when asked about Russians colluding with Trump's allies last year. “And the fact that Russia is being demonized in that sense comes very strange to us. And we are really sorry about that, because this — the whole situation takes us away from the perspective of getting our relationship to a better condition.”

“We don’t know what’s the reason for these words. We’ve never seen any evidence, and we’ve never heard something trustful,” Peskov said. “What we have seen - an open, a public part - of a report by one of the agencies, special agencies of the United States. And I would humbly say that it’s not a paper of high quality, in terms of being really trustful.”

* * *

Peskov also said there is nothing special in the Russian ambassador discussing bilateral ties with some members of Donald Trump’s electoral campaign team. The Russian ambassador to the US, Sergey Kislyak, talked to Trump campaign team members and future US administration officials “about the bilateral relations and… about what was going on in the United States” to provide Moscow with a better understanding of the situation on the ground, Peskov said.

He also noted that “every ambassador of Russia abroad” works just like “every ambassador of the US abroad, including [the one] in Moscow, because the more ambassador talks to people in his country of residence, the better job he does.”

Peskov also said that the Russian ambassador held conversations with some members of Hillary Clinton’s campaign team. “If you look at some people connected with Hillary Clinton during her campaign, you would probably see that he had lots of meetings of that kind,” he said.

“There are lots of specialists in politology, people working in think tanks advising Hillary or advising people working for Hillary.”

At the same time, he repeated that the Russian envoy has never spoken with any US officials about the electoral process and had no intention to interfere in the 2016 election process: "there were no meetings about elections — electoral process … So if you look at it with intention to demonize Russia, you would probably say that, yes, he was trying to interfere in Hillary's activities. But it would be nonsense, because this is not true,” Peskov said.

* * *

Peskov, who insisted Vladimir Putin's government has no intentions of interfering in the domestic affairs of another country, said the Kremlin has all of a sudden become a “nightmare” for the U.S.

“We sincerely cannot understand why American people and American politicians started the process of self-humiliation. You’re self-humiliating yourself, saying that a country can intervene in your election process,” he said, adding that it would be “simply impossible” for the Kremlin to easily influence an election of “the most powerful country in the world” with its “very, very stable political traditions.”

For now, however, the very simple logic of that statement has failed to register with a substantial portion of the US population, which continues to pursure the "Russia" link as a basis to delegitimize, and perhaps impeach, Trump in the future.


http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-12/putin-spokesman-russia-growin
g-frustrated-trump-administration

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, March 12, 2017 3:55 PM

KPO

Anti-Russia before it was cool.


Zerohedge, so didn't read.

Quote:

CNN: Russian Ambassador also met with Hillary advisors

And did they also lie about it, like the Trump team? Because if they did that's suspicious.


-------------------------------------------------------

"Objective truths are established by evidence. Personal truths by faith. Political truths by incessant repetition."

Russia's and Assad's War Crimes in Syria - http://fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=60278
Evidence the Syrian regime sponsors ISIS - http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=60521


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, March 12, 2017 4:17 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


Quote:

And did they also lie about it, like the Trump team? Because if they did that's suspicious.- G
Well, first let's see if the MSM makes a Big Fucking Deal about it. IF... IF... the DNC comes under pressure then we can get to see how they handle it. Dollars to donuts, tho, the MSM never "investigates" the "links" between Hillary and the Russians.





-----------

"Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor"- William Blake

THUGR IS A DEEP-STATE TROLL

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, March 12, 2017 9:26 PM

6STRINGJOKER


They're not going to make a big deal about it because it's not a big deal.

The only reason they're making a big deal about it with Trump is because it's Trump.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, March 12, 2017 9:42 PM

G

... fully loaded, safety off...


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
Quote:

And did they also lie about it, like the Trump team? Because if they did that's suspicious.- G
Well, first let's see if the MSM makes a Big Fucking Deal about it. IF... IF... the DNC comes under pressure then we can get to see how they handle it. Dollars to donuts, tho, the MSM never "investigates" the "links" between Hillary and the Russians.





Hey toots - that was KPO that said that, not me.

No worries, I was just about to post the same thing. It's as KPO said - did Clinton lie about it? I'll add: is Hillary our current president? Example: I think if you lie about something it's a pretty big deal, but not as big as if our president - Donald J. Trump - does. Make sense?

I love this part:

“We sincerely cannot understand why American people and American politicians started the process of self-humiliation. You’re self-humiliating yourself, saying that a country can intervene in your election process,” he said, adding that it would be “simply impossible” for the Kremlin to easily influence an election of “the most powerful country in the world” with its “very, very stable political traditions.”

Did he do a villan laugh after the transparent compliments? 2 "very-s" "most powerful" - yeah, we're going to believe Vlad's spokes person.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, March 12, 2017 9:48 PM

THGRRI


Zerohedge so didn't read.

They will change the context by adding, subtracting or spinning stories. They hide their identities SIG. They are dishonest. You quote them instead of the actual source of the story because you too are dishonest.

Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
This is from Zerohedge, but since they link to the original interview you can always go there and see for yourself.
Quote:

Putin Spokesman: Russian Ambassador Also Met With Members Of The Clinton Campaign


In an interview with CNN's Fareed Zakaria broadcast on Sunday, Vladimir Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov expressed growing frustration with the inconclusive first two months of relations between Moscow and the Trump administration, which started off with hope for reconciliation and have instead devolved into a perpetuation of the Obama (and Hillary Clinton) imposed status quo. The election of President Trump, who had spoken approvingly of Putin and called for improved US-Russia relations, had raised hopes in the Kremlin. But Peskov - just like Syria leader Bashar al-Assad yesterday - said there are no signs of progress yet.

“Unfortunately, we don’t have a proper understanding of when this dialogue can begin,” Peskov told Fareed Zakaria (Peskov's take on the Trump administration begins 14:20 in the video below). "We certainly would expect our contacts to be more frequent, more in depth. We had quite a significant pause in our bilateral relations." Trump’s early campaign statements had initially led to speculation that the US would drop sanctions imposed on Russia for its interference in Ukraine, however that approach appears to have been indefinitely delayed following recurring allegations of proximity between the Trump campaign and Moscow. Furthermore, quoted by CBS Peskov said that "Russia will never initiate putting this issue on the agenda."

In an ironic twist, we reported last week that not Trump, but the Clinton-affiliated Podesta Group, run by John Podesta's brother Tony Podesta, had been retained by Russia's largest bank Sberbank CIB to "proactively seek the removal of various Obama-era sanctions" according to TASS. That particular story has yet to make US primetime news.

Peskov also said Putin never voiced support for then-presidential candidate Trump. “You would probably recall that President Putin, during election campaign, had never answered directly a question about his candidate of his support. He kept saying that we will respect a choice of American people,” Peskov told Zakaria.

The Kremlin spokesman, however, did concede that Putin preferred Trump over Clinton, saying, “If you ask him whether he had mentioned the then-candidate Donald Trump, I will answer, yes, he had.”

He also suggested that Putin found Clinton hostile toward Russia, while Trump was open to thawing U.S.-Russian relations. “The candidate Hillary Clinton was quite negative about our country in her attitude and in her program, declaring Russia being nearly the main evil in the world and the main threat for the United States,” Peskov said.

“And to the contrary, the other candidate, Donald Trump, was saying that, 'Yes, we disagree with the Russians ... in lots of issues, but we have to talk to them in order to try to find some understanding.' Whom would you like better? The one who says that Russia is evil or the one who says that, 'Yes, we disagree, but let's talk to understand and to try to find some points of agreement?'” he asked.

* * *

Touching on a more sensitive subject, Peskov denied any collaboration between the Russian government and President Donald Trump’s campaign, and said the U.S. is humiliating itself with its obsession over Russian meddling.

“The answer is very simple. No,” Peskov told Zakaria when asked about Russians colluding with Trump's allies last year. “And the fact that Russia is being demonized in that sense comes very strange to us. And we are really sorry about that, because this — the whole situation takes us away from the perspective of getting our relationship to a better condition.”

“We don’t know what’s the reason for these words. We’ve never seen any evidence, and we’ve never heard something trustful,” Peskov said. “What we have seen - an open, a public part - of a report by one of the agencies, special agencies of the United States. And I would humbly say that it’s not a paper of high quality, in terms of being really trustful.”

* * *

Peskov also said there is nothing special in the Russian ambassador discussing bilateral ties with some members of Donald Trump’s electoral campaign team. The Russian ambassador to the US, Sergey Kislyak, talked to Trump campaign team members and future US administration officials “about the bilateral relations and… about what was going on in the United States” to provide Moscow with a better understanding of the situation on the ground, Peskov said.

He also noted that “every ambassador of Russia abroad” works just like “every ambassador of the US abroad, including [the one] in Moscow, because the more ambassador talks to people in his country of residence, the better job he does.”

Peskov also said that the Russian ambassador held conversations with some members of Hillary Clinton’s campaign team. “If you look at some people connected with Hillary Clinton during her campaign, you would probably see that he had lots of meetings of that kind,” he said.

“There are lots of specialists in politology, people working in think tanks advising Hillary or advising people working for Hillary.”

At the same time, he repeated that the Russian envoy has never spoken with any US officials about the electoral process and had no intention to interfere in the 2016 election process: "there were no meetings about elections — electoral process … So if you look at it with intention to demonize Russia, you would probably say that, yes, he was trying to interfere in Hillary's activities. But it would be nonsense, because this is not true,” Peskov said.

* * *

Peskov, who insisted Vladimir Putin's government has no intentions of interfering in the domestic affairs of another country, said the Kremlin has all of a sudden become a “nightmare” for the U.S.

“We sincerely cannot understand why American people and American politicians started the process of self-humiliation. You’re self-humiliating yourself, saying that a country can intervene in your election process,” he said, adding that it would be “simply impossible” for the Kremlin to easily influence an election of “the most powerful country in the world” with its “very, very stable political traditions.”

For now, however, the very simple logic of that statement has failed to register with a substantial portion of the US population, which continues to pursure the "Russia" link as a basis to delegitimize, and perhaps impeach, Trump in the future.


http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-12/putin-spokesman-russia-growin
g-frustrated-trump-administration



---------------------


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, March 23, 2017 3:04 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


FAKE NEWS!!!!!

FAKE NEWS!!!


.............................FAKE NEWS!!!.............................

Fake News Alert

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, March 23, 2017 6:44 AM

6STRINGJOKER


I'm pretty sure it's not fake news. As T said, the article was by zerohedge and was probably subject to a lot of negative spin. Clinton's people meeting with a Russian Ambassador before becoming President is one of the least objectionable things she's ever done in her career. Remember, at the time EVERYBODY was telling her that she was a shoe in for President, and she was also throwing out not-so-veiled threats of war with Russia.

I'm absolutely fascinated at how quick Russia has become the new Emanuel Goldstein. Even (and especially) if Russia is this great threat to Americans, why are diplomatic relations with them so bad? They could be a great ally in the wars in the Middle East for us. We've got a couple of huge oceans buffering us from that bullshit. It's all happening right in Russia's back yard.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, March 23, 2017 3:43 PM

DREAMTROVE


Quote:

Originally posted by 6STRINGJOKER:
Clinton's people meeting with a Russian Ambassador before becoming President is one of the least objectionable things she's ever done in her career...

I'm absolutely fascinated at how quick Russia has become the new Emanuel Goldstein.


Agreed on both points.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, March 23, 2017 11:19 PM

1KIKI

Goodbye, kind world (George Monbiot) - In common with all those generations which have contemplated catastrophe, we appear to be incapable of understanding what confronts us.


https://www.google.com/#q=hillary+staffers+met+with+russians&;*

Hillary staffers met with Russians.

So now we know why at least some of those 33,000 'personal' emails were scrubbed.




Originally posted by G:
"I coined the slogan "We Suck!"© many years ago."
G is an avowed Putin-loving, pro-Russian, anti-American troll.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, March 24, 2017 3:58 PM

6STRINGJOKER


Quote:

Originally posted by 1kiki:
https://www.google.com/#q=hillary+staffers+met+with+russians&;*

Hillary staffers met with Russians.

So now we know why at least some of those 33,000 'personal' emails were scrubbed.



I'd say it was only because the Hillary campaign was planning this Russia-Phobia in the future. Unless there was any particularly damning stuff going on with her and Russia at the time, I don't think anybody would have been freaking out about it at all. It wasn't until Hillary and the MSM brought on this new wave hatred for Russia that even having a conversation with them brings about McCarthyism style talk.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, March 25, 2017 5:07 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


Well, jeez then that means that those sneaky fucking Russians were hedging their bets by meeting with both presidential candidates.....

Sneaky Motherfuckers!

Oh, this is HOT NEWS...Sound the Alarm!!! Quick before Hilary is pardoned by Trump. As a matter of fact, I heard a rumor that Trump and Hilary were an item
a few years back. Trump must have been slumming.


SGG

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, March 25, 2017 5:10 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


Ya know Six, you're young and probably don't know about how Russia and the USA were fucking enemies for the last several decades.

The Cuban Missile Crisis - does it ring a bell!


SGG

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, March 25, 2017 7:45 AM

G

... fully loaded, safety off...


Quote:

Originally posted by 6STRINGJOKER:
Quote:

Originally posted by 1kiki:
https://www.google.com/#q=hillary+staffers+met+with+russians&;*

Hillary staffers met with Russians.

So now we know why at least some of those 33,000 'personal' emails were scrubbed.



I'd say it was only because the Hillary campaign was planning this Russia-Phobia in the future. Unless there was any particularly damning stuff going on with her and Russia at the time, I don't think anybody would have been freaking out about it at all. It wasn't until Hillary and the MSM brought on this new wave hatred for Russia that even having a conversation with them brings about McCarthyism style talk.



Lenin and McCarthy - love their music.

Hillary who?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, March 25, 2017 8:12 AM

6STRINGJOKER


Quote:

Originally posted by G:
Lenin and McCarthy - love their music.



lol... I was going to use that for Lenin in the other thread, but it didn't seem right. McCarthy was what was missing in that joke.

As for "Hillary Who?", I said that it was no big deal that Hillary met with Russians, and that was the least objectionable thing she probably did in her whole career.




I'm almost 40 SGG. Not only am I old enough to have seen Snake Plisken lead the US Hockey Team to victory over the Russians, but I went to school when they were still teaching kids how to read and do basic math.

US and Russia have not been enemies for the last several decades. That hasn't been true since the early eighties. We might not have been besties, but it wasn't until Hillary went around campaigning on WWIII threats that relationships have been more tense with them than they've been since before the Scorpions released Winds of Change.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
this is what a starving polar bear looks like
Tue, December 12, 2017 01:26 - 2 posts
Accusing Someone You Disagree With Of Being A Russian Troll Is Admitting You Have No Argument
Tue, December 12, 2017 00:28 - 88 posts
New Alabama Motto Contest
Mon, December 11, 2017 22:25 - 10 posts
Trump not invited to Paris December climate change summit for now, says France
Mon, December 11, 2017 22:20 - 6 posts
Bomb Exploded Times Square
Mon, December 11, 2017 21:15 - 7 posts
The Evidens
Mon, December 11, 2017 21:05 - 731 posts
Game Companies are Morons.
Mon, December 11, 2017 20:41 - 48 posts
Dow @ 20K. Time to jump off!
Mon, December 11, 2017 19:47 - 124 posts
Putin Orders Withdrawal Of Russian Troops During Surprise Syria Visit
Mon, December 11, 2017 17:50 - 2 posts
Where are the democrats? Waiting for the Deep State to get rid of Trump?
Mon, December 11, 2017 17:40 - 22 posts
Male Role Models
Mon, December 11, 2017 10:25 - 108 posts
A thread for Democrats Only
Sun, December 10, 2017 23:25 - 236 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL