GENERAL DISCUSSIONS

Tom Petty Dies at 66

POSTED BY: SHINYGOODGUY
UPDATED: Thursday, October 5, 2017 17:08
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 2756
PAGE 1 of 1

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 2:59 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


I've always had a soft spot for Tom Petty's music, it is a piece of Americana.
Rock and Roll at it's purest and simplest form.

Rest in Peace Tom Petty.


SGG

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 6:44 AM

MOOSE



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 1:59 PM

BYTEMITE


Aw, I used to listen to the Traveling Wilburys a lot on road trips.

The man could sing.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 7:12 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


40 years of non stop awesome, honest American rock and I never heard a bad thing about Tom Petty on or off stage.

And he could have fun w/ making a video, never seeming to take himself too seriously.

Thanks Tom !


NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 9:49 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Hey - I know you.
The Postman.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 5, 2017 5:01 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


I used to be famous - obscure quote number 2.


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Hey - I know you.
The Postman.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 5, 2017 5:01 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


Rappy, I couldn't put it any better than that.


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:
40 years of non stop awesome, honest American rock and I never heard a bad thing about Tom Petty on or off stage.

And he could have fun w/ making a video, never seeming to take himself too seriously.

Thanks Tom !



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 5, 2017 5:03 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


Yep...just good ole rock n roll


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by BYTEMITE:
Aw, I used to listen to the Traveling Wilburys a lot on road trips.

The man could sing.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 5, 2017 5:08 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by SHINYGOODGUY:
I used to be famous - obscure quote number 2.


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Hey - I know you.
The Postman.


Well, yeah.
But my quote was used by each of them to the other. And I loved Petty's delivery.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
76th Independent Battalion Part 48
Tue, April 24, 2018 08:13 - 1320 posts
Anybody watch American Housewife? Nathan's putting the Big Damn Coat on for them.
Mon, April 23, 2018 23:47 - 24 posts
Anyone watching The Terror?
Mon, April 23, 2018 13:59 - 1 posts
Infinity Wars (plural)
Sat, April 21, 2018 23:38 - 24 posts
BWAHAHAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Thu, April 19, 2018 01:01 - 5 posts
The Last Firefly Podcast?
Thu, April 19, 2018 00:05 - 5 posts
Registration is open for the 13th Season of Can't Stop The Serenity.
Fri, April 13, 2018 17:05 - 1 posts
FUJITV iOS Is Available! Watch Japan net TV on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
Fri, April 13, 2018 05:30 - 1 posts
It's always a special day when I find an unexpected Firefly Reference
Sat, April 7, 2018 02:25 - 2 posts
Ready Player One - Fun!
Fri, March 30, 2018 10:33 - 1 posts
Voting is open for the new CSTS logo
Mon, March 26, 2018 19:47 - 2 posts
The NEW newb Welcome Mat thread...
Mon, March 26, 2018 16:42 - 162 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL