OTHER SCIENCE FICTION SERIES

Buck Rogers In The 25th Century

POSTED BY: JEWELSTAITEFAN
UPDATED: Thursday, September 13, 2018 01:17
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 126
PAGE 1 of 1

Saturday, September 8, 2018 11:15 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Now on ME TV network.

This looks like the Pilot Episode of the series.


Although a bit cheezy, this was an important foray in the development of Sci Fi TV, at a time when there were slim Pickens. I don't think there were any other Space or Future themed shows within years of this one.


I'm not sure if I've seen the show much since the original broadcasts. I mostly recall being irritated by the horrendous music. The worst form of electronica.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, September 8, 2018 11:50 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Well, the shows must have been remastered, to look this clear on big screen HD TV.

The standards of nudity for 70s TV certainly did not have in mind Digital playback capabilities.

And there is sound in the vacuum of Space.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, September 10, 2018 12:43 PM

IMNOTHERE


Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Well, the shows must have been remastered, to look this clear on big screen HD TV.



I believe that (like the original Battlestar Galactica - you may notice some passing similarities in production :-) ) the pilot was originally released in cinemas in some regions - so it would have been produced to a higher standard than required for TV.

Quote:

The standards of nudity for 70s TV certainly did not have in mind Digital playback capabilities.


Ah... I remember the effect of Erin Gray's spray-on jumpsuits on fellow teenagers back in the day...

As for the music - be afraid, very afraid - there's a version with lyrics... I heard it somewhere recently and I'm trying to remember where...

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, September 10, 2018 2:50 PM

MOOSE


Theatrical opening credits, with lyrics



Not in HD, unfortunately.
The show got the bluray treatment a few years ago.
Loved the show when I was a kid, I’m pretty sure I started puberty a few years early because of Erin Gray and Pamela Hensley.

Yeah, that period did seem to be a dark time for TV SciFi. Only other show I can immediately think of without Googling is Battlestar Galactica and that was only 1 season. (We don’t talk about Galactica 1980, right?)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:17 AM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by Moose:
Theatrical opening credits, with lyrics



Not in HD, unfortunately.
The show got the bluray treatment a few years ago.
Loved the show when I was a kid, I’m pretty sure I started puberty a few years early because of Erin Gray and Pamela Hensley.

Yeah, that period did seem to be a dark time for TV SciFi. Only other show I can immediately think of without Googling is Battlestar Galactica and that was only 1 season. (We don’t talk about Galactica 1980, right?)

IIRC the costumes for Erin were trying to copy the effect of Logan's Run - when Jenny wasn't nekkid.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
Orphan Black on BBC-America
Sun, September 16, 2018 06:51 - 17 posts
Buck Rogers In The 25th Century
Thu, September 13, 2018 01:17 - 5 posts
Anyone else watching "The Last Ship" on TNT?
Fri, September 7, 2018 15:39 - 109 posts
"The Orville" new SciFi on FOX
Sat, September 1, 2018 01:56 - 53 posts
something else
Mon, July 30, 2018 00:24 - 10 posts
Ready Player One
Thu, July 26, 2018 06:03 - 9 posts
The Crossing
Sat, June 9, 2018 20:07 - 8 posts
Reverie
Thu, May 31, 2018 05:38 - 3 posts
Infinity Wars doesn't matter, Thanos does
Mon, May 14, 2018 16:05 - 22 posts
Smallville, Superman tv show actress arrested by the FBI on charges of sex trafficking, sex trafficking conspiracy and forced labor conspiracy
Sun, April 29, 2018 21:55 - 3 posts
Are There New TV Shows This Fall You Must See?
Thu, April 19, 2018 14:59 - 18 posts
Humans on AMC
Fri, March 16, 2018 05:15 - 8 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL