REAL WORLD EVENT DISCUSSIONS

Waco on Paramount network - anyone watching?

POSTED BY: CAPTAINCRUNCH
UPDATED: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 10:36
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 761
PAGE 1 of 1

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 2:45 PM

CAPTAINCRUNCH

... stay crunchy...


Paramount's Waco is on, mini series - I find it very compelling:

http://www.paramountnetwork.com/shows/waco

Taylor Kitsch is pretty great as Koresh, rest of the cast is also - like so many tv series these days - excellent.

@ SECOND: what are you recollections of this tragedy? I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but: what was the prevailing sentiment about the Branch Davidians at the time? Now?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 1:28 AM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


What was the pretense Janet Reno used to kill them all? "Stockpiling weapons"
What was the average number of guns per every man, woman,child in the compound? 2.2
What was the average number of guns per every man, woman, child in the whole State if Texas at that time? 4.1

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 4:31 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


I have it on my list of must-see TV. Thanks for the heads up.


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by captaincrunch:
Paramount's Waco is on, mini series - I find it very compelling:

http://www.paramountnetwork.com/shows/waco

Taylor Kitsch is pretty great as Koresh, rest of the cast is also - like so many tv series these days - excellent.

@ SECOND: what are you recollections of this tragedy? I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but: what was the prevailing sentiment about the Branch Davidians at the time? Now?


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 9:41 AM

CAPTAINCRUNCH

... stay crunchy...


Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
What was the pretense Janet Reno used to kill them all? "Stockpiling weapons"
What was the average number of guns per every man, woman,child in the compound? 2.2
What was the average number of guns per every man, woman, child in the whole State if Texas at that time? 4.1



Well reasoned!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 9:52 AM

CAPTAINCRUNCH

... stay crunchy...


Quote:

Originally posted by SHINYGOODGUY:
I have it on my list of must-see TV. Thanks for the heads up.



Funny how it wasn't on my list at all, but recent current events *cough* keep bringing me back to the idea of "how do so many people follow one person so blindly?" At least that was my motivation to watch. The show does a remarkable job answering that question and in a way that isn't obvious or pandering or superficial or was expected by me. They also open up many interpretations to what drove the inevitable, ultimate, violent no-other-way-out confrontation: base hatred. It certainly drives much of what we humans do (have you seen this forum?) - I don't think RAW HATRED gets the respect it should.

Hope you enjoy it from that perspective as well as the top notch acting - I found myself drawn to Kitcsch's version of Koresh at least as much as understanding why so many people found peace and whatever they were missing elsewhere with the Branch. If you want more, Amazon Prime has 2 documentaries on the subject that are good bookends to the show - they also don't repeat a lot of the same details so each is worth it, especially the older one closer to the time of the event. There's some interesting, somewhat unflattering appearances by Chuck Schumer - the paths we've led, eh?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 10:36 AM

THGRRI


I followed the link but had a problem. I'll try again at some point.


T

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
Boys in ‘Make America Great Again’ Hats Mob Native Elder at Indigenous Peoples March
Sat, January 19, 2019 19:54 - 1 posts
Manbij, Syria - 4 Americans Killed
Sat, January 19, 2019 19:48 - 4 posts
Chavitz calls Pelosi a Liar - on Fox & Friends
Sat, January 19, 2019 19:43 - 2 posts
In the garden, and RAIN!!!!
Sat, January 19, 2019 18:51 - 1375 posts
OMG! Save Us Jezus! Are you kidding Me?!? Facebook removes Russian Spams Accounts!
Sat, January 19, 2019 16:20 - 4 posts
What about the Jews!?
Sat, January 19, 2019 13:18 - 1 posts
Cops visit home of 17 yr old who tweeted w/ Congressman Weiner
Sat, January 19, 2019 12:28 - 12 posts
Who Is Looking Forward To Government Shutdown?
Sat, January 19, 2019 12:09 - 130 posts
Nancy Pelosi, house speaker, wants investigation into Ground Zero mosque opposition funding
Sat, January 19, 2019 12:03 - 54 posts
BuzzFeed aka Fake News
Sat, January 19, 2019 11:38 - 4 posts
Mid-Term Elections 2018
Sat, January 19, 2019 11:28 - 210 posts
McConnell blocks House bill to reopen government for second time
Sat, January 19, 2019 11:26 - 41 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL