OTHER SCIENCE FICTION SERIES

Star Wars : Got woke, going broke. The Force is not so strong w/ Disney , theme park woes.

POSTED BY: AURAPTOR
UPDATED: Thursday, September 5, 2019 22:03
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 1520
PAGE 1 of 2

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 8:42 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 9:38 PM

WISHIMAY

You can't even run your own life, I'll beat you to death if you try to run mine... sunshine.


I think it's more that they are investing in things that are dying because Millennials are broke and they aren't getting it than it is about story lines you don't like, but way to keep full on bitching about silly things when there are a million bigger issues

I don't know how you keep up with being so shallow ALL THE TIME. It must take a LOT of effort.





NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:01 AM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Sci-fi story posted on a sci-fi forum. And yes, people who grew up on Star Wars would still fork over plenty of money, so the crack about millennials not having enough is laughable.

Last I checked, my name is not Tim Pool. Nor is it Gary Beigler. Nor is it Anna, That Star Wars Girl… Those people who have a vested interest in this topic? And millions of other fans ? Yeah, it’s kind of a big deal.

That sounds like science-fiction.

You’re posting on a science-fiction webpage. Dear.

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen

I'm just a red pill guy in a room full of blue pill addicts.

" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:05 AM

ZEEK


I mean Rey is a terrible character and all, but I think the bigger problem is they screwed up Luke Skywalker. They took one of the most iconic characters in pop culture and said "we know what you want and we're going to do the opposite because it's edgy". Well it turns out the fans replied "we know what you want and we're going to do the opposite too". So, now Disney is learning why subverting expectations isn't as fun as they thought. Their expectation of slapping "Star Wars" on anything and everything and making money is now back firing.

It really is incredible. If you asked me if someone could kill the popularity of Star Wars 10 years ago I would have said no way. That you could slap that name on any half thought out movie and it would make money. However, Disney found a way. Double amazing considering how well the MCU is working out for them and they could have just followed that formula.

I suspect they'll figure out a way to get things turned around eventually. If it comes to it they can just back track and start following the fan favorite content they already own from the old expanded universe.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, August 8, 2019 1:45 PM

WISHIMAY

You can't even run your own life, I'll beat you to death if you try to run mine... sunshine.


Quote:

Originally posted by Zeek:
If it comes to it they can just back track and start following the fan favorite content they already own from the old expanded universe.



By all means, let's cater to the incels and racists and pretend women and people of color don't exist and never did because of raging inferiority complexes in white dudes.

Maybe this time around it'll be easier to just have the guys take out their trouser sabers and joust with them...


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, August 8, 2019 2:10 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Because humans existed long ago in a galaxy far., far away...

The new stories are crap. There’s just no getting around it. Sorry if it puts your pink puddy cat hat in a bunch, but the kids just aren’t going for now. Neither are the older generation who grew up with this stuff. Because projecting extreme far left nonsensical views make so much sense in a sci-fi fantasy.

And isn’t that the point of a fictional story? To show people things they didn’t imagine, and not project onto them fringy, mindless SJW nonsense ?


NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, August 8, 2019 4:29 PM

WHOZIT


It's not just Galaxy's Edge, I've seen vids on YOUTUBE where a line for a ride is a five minute wait.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, August 8, 2019 4:45 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Quote:

Originally posted by whozit:
It's not just Galaxy's Edge, I've seen vids on YOUTUBE where a line for a ride is a five minute wait.



5 minute wait, in summer, no less. The peak of park attendance. Yikes.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, August 8, 2019 8:09 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


May Disney go bankrupt and get bought up by Mary Parent and Zoic Studios.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, August 9, 2019 11:02 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]




Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, August 10, 2019 9:19 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:
Sci-fi story posted on a sci-fi forum. And yes, people who grew up on Star Wars would still fork over plenty of money, so the crack about millennials not having enough is laughable.

Last I checked, my name is not Tim Pool. Nor is it Gary Beigler. Nor is it Anna, That Star Wars Girl… Those people who have a vested interest in this topic? And millions of other fans ? Yeah, it’s kind of a big deal.

That sounds like science-fiction.

You’re posting on a science-fiction webpage. Dear.

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen

I'm just a red pill guy in a room full of blue pill addicts.

" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall



Guess that stuck a cork in her hole.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, August 10, 2019 10:07 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


I was unaware they made corks that big.

But I'll be damned... looks like they do.



Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, August 11, 2019 8:47 AM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!



NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, August 12, 2019 8:17 AM

GWEK


I didn’t watch the videos, but any declines in park attendance have nothing to do with Star Wars having female or minority protagonists - just like it’s ALWAYS had, by the way. :/

Disney has recently jumped up ticket prices considerably. In Anaheim, many hotels have also upped their prices, and Disney Land has had blackout dates for many pass holders (ironically, for fear of crowds). There is also strong anecdotal evidence that many park goers wait a while for perceived crowds to thin and for technical kinks to work themselves out (the new Pandora rides in Animal Kingdom were still breaking down fairly regularly six months after open). Also important to note that only one of two projected rides is currently open, so many people may be holding off until Galaxys Edge is actually complete.

Not sure if Disney World attendance is down this year but if it is, that’s likely people holding off until GE opens there.

There are many viable reasons for park attendance to be down, a the vast majority relate to dollar bills in some way.

Disney, though, for all their success, does not have a perfect track record and there may be some precedent here with Animal Kingdom. When they opened their fourth park in Orlando, Disney anticipated that attendance would rise but it remained static (again, primarily financial reasons). Rather than staying longer, as they had when Epcot and Hollywood Studios were added, most visitors just divided their time between four parks. This rare but major misstep led to financial issues and the firing of multiple Imagineers - who went on to work on Universal Islands of Adventure.

With respect to the franchise as a whole, I think the real issues have little to do with Rey (although she’s a weak character) and more to do with two things: the fanbase and the treatment in general.

I think Disney was trying out to turn Star Wars into another MCU, but without a grand plan, it’s more like the DCCU. Perhaps more importantly, it seems there’s more taste for Star Wars being a “premium event” series rather than something like the MCU, pumping out movie after movie.

Then there’s the fanbase.

Already fractured along multiple lines (those who embrace everything, those who ignore the comics, those who acknowledge only the movies, and those who hate everything but the Original Trilogy), they weren’t going to be happy with any change - and, for better or worse, Disney brought major change.

As a Lifelong Star Wars fan (indeed, fanatic), it saddens me that so many of my peers are so whiny and melodramatic and unaccepting. I’ve never heard a Star Trek can say that Picard or Data or Worf “raped their childhood memories.” Seriously? Get over it.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, August 12, 2019 10:50 AM

ZEEK


Quote:

Originally posted by WISHIMAY:
Quote:

Originally posted by Zeek:
If it comes to it they can just back track and start following the fan favorite content they already own from the old expanded universe.



By all means, let's cater to the incels and racists and pretend women and people of color don't exist and never did because of raging inferiority complexes in white dudes.

Maybe this time around it'll be easier to just have the guys take out their trouser sabers and joust with them...




I'm assuming this means you don't know what the old expanded universe was about. Luke's love interest Mara Jade was a huge fan favorite. Also, Han and Leia's daughter is one of if not the most important jedi of the new jedi order that Luke teaches. He even gives up being the leader of the order and an female alien jedi takes over. So, there's quite a bit of female representation and it never saw any fan backlash because they were good characters. Just like no one ever complaining about Leia in the original trilogy. She's a good character so who cares about male or female?

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, August 12, 2019 3:06 PM

WISHIMAY

You can't even run your own life, I'll beat you to death if you try to run mine... sunshine.


Quote:

Originally posted by Zeek:

Just like no one ever complaining about Leia in the original trilogy. She's a good character so who cares about male or female?




Hubby is a big fan of SW, I know plenty more than most. Maybe you aren't around enough rednecks, but the ones here were pretty incensed Rey was strong female and a lead character. A LOT of men considered Star Wars a male series, meant JUST for their entertainment (hello, gold bikinis). I had a conversation with my father in law about how he should be happy to have Star Wars lean in a female way because he has 5 granddaughters now and he could relate to them through it and he was so mad he couldn't speak to me the rest of the day.

To people who aren't sure of their own worth, and constantly need confirmation from outside sources, it's ego damaging to be told they AREN'T the center of the universe. Even if it's something as stupid and vague as character representation...

To the rest of the sane world it matters not a damn which dangly bits are on the person on screen, it's all fantasy anyway, but we CLEARLY are not living in a sane world.

How many of the women who have had anything to do with Star Wars, whether acting, directing or just writing articles about it have been harassed or sent death threats?? The answer is... ALL OF THEM.






NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, August 12, 2019 3:08 PM

WISHIMAY

You can't even run your own life, I'll beat you to death if you try to run mine... sunshine.


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:


Guess that stuck a cork in her hole.



I actually have a life to see to once in a while. You might try it.

Oh, that's right... hard to get a life when your cork is soggy and limp.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, August 12, 2019 3:16 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by GWEK:
I didn’t watch the videos, but any declines in park attendance have nothing to do with Star Wars having female or minority protagonists - just like it’s ALWAYS had, by the way. :/

Disney has recently jumped up ticket prices considerably. In Anaheim, many hotels have also upped their prices, and Disney Land has had blackout dates for many pass holders (ironically, for fear of crowds). There is also strong anecdotal evidence that many park goers wait a while for perceived crowds to thin and for technical kinks to work themselves out (the new Pandora rides in Animal Kingdom were still breaking down fairly regularly six months after open). Also important to note that only one of two projected rides is currently open, so many people may be holding off until Galaxys Edge is actually complete.

Not sure if Disney World attendance is down this year but if it is, that’s likely people holding off until GE opens there.

There are many viable reasons for park attendance to be down, a the vast majority relate to dollar bills in some way.

Disney, though, for all their success, does not have a perfect track record and there may be some precedent here with Animal Kingdom. When they opened their fourth park in Orlando, Disney anticipated that attendance would rise but it remained static (again, primarily financial reasons). Rather than staying longer, as they had when Epcot and Hollywood Studios were added, most visitors just divided their time between four parks. This rare but major misstep led to financial issues and the firing of multiple Imagineers - who went on to work on Universal Islands of Adventure.

With respect to the franchise as a whole, I think the real issues have little to do with Rey (although she’s a weak character) and more to do with two things: the fanbase and the treatment in general.

I think Disney was trying out to turn Star Wars into another MCU, but without a grand plan, it’s more like the DCCU. Perhaps more importantly, it seems there’s more taste for Star Wars being a “premium event” series rather than something like the MCU, pumping out movie after movie.

Then there’s the fanbase.

Already fractured along multiple lines (those who embrace everything, those who ignore the comics, those who acknowledge only the movies, and those who hate everything but the Original Trilogy), they weren’t going to be happy with any change - and, for better or worse, Disney brought major change.

As a Lifelong Star Wars fan (indeed, fanatic), it saddens me that so many of my peers are so whiny and melodramatic and unaccepting. I’ve never heard a Star Trek can say that Picard or Data or Worf “raped their childhood memories.” Seriously? Get over it.

I have great difficulty believing that a lack of waiting line would not be quickly rectified by the locals - they'll know from the grapevine that great fun can be had without a wait.
So the other option is it is not great fun.
The price issue can be a factor.

But the lack of a line would not be a significant factor because the locals, who don't need to plan well in advance, would take up the slack.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, August 12, 2019 5:56 PM

MOOSE


Quote:

Originally posted by GWEK:

As a Lifelong Star Wars fan (indeed, fanatic), it saddens me that so many of my peers are so whiny and melodramatic and unaccepting. I’ve never heard a Star Trek can say that Picard or Data or Worf “raped their childhood memories.” Seriously? Get over it.



You miss the uproar about Discovery? Admittedly not as prominent as the SW folks but it's there. And I'm sure they'll find something to bitch about when Picard comes out.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, August 12, 2019 6:49 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!



Leia was a strong, female character. She was the LEAD in her 2 step w/ Han. That was 40 years ago. This crap about ' Rey's a strong character and you men are just threatened ' is 100% bantha crap. And everyone knows it. It's the same damn Mary Sue b.s. over and over again.

Wish. you're flat out wrong, and just too fucking stubborn to admit it. That's why you're such an insufferable clown on this forum. You have no facts, no substance in your positions, just tired , low rent misandry gutter chatter.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, August 12, 2019 6:53 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Quote:

Originally posted by Moose:

You miss the uproar about Discovery? Admittedly not as prominent as the SW folks but it's there. And I'm sure they'll find something to bitch about when Picard comes out.



Because shoving gratuitous SJW plots that make ZERO sense in the faces of fans has always worked out so well.

Never saw STD, because hell...standards, but it's a flaming pile of a hot mess. None of the stories makes a bit of sense, but hey, don't budge from that deck chair, no matter how far the ship's bow is below the surface.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, August 12, 2019 10:36 PM

WISHIMAY

You can't even run your own life, I'll beat you to death if you try to run mine... sunshine.


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:
Wish. you're flat out wrong, and just too fucking stubborn to admit it. That's why you're such an insufferable clown on this forum. You have no facts, no substance in your positions, just tired , low rent misandry gutter chatter.





And HERE WE GO AGAIN. You get three or four responses in and either declare "You're WRONG" or "I'm the wiener" NO wonder you're a Trumptard, he has to declare himself a winner when there isn't even a contest, too
Insecure Toad Syndrome, you has it

Yer just mad you don't get to dictate plots. Like I said.....GET.....A....LIFE!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 11:35 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Just for the record, nobody had a problem with Rey because she was a strong female character.

She's a 1 dimensional static character and a Mary Sue.

She has no personality. She had no challenges. She was immediately the best at anything she tried. She was perfect. She was completely un-relateable to everybody, male or female.



Nobody likes a Deus Ex Machina. Especially when your main character is either the God or the Machine, him or herself.

Quote:

But the new non-Dionysiac spirit is most clearly apparent in the endings of the new dramas. At the end of the old tragedies there was a sense of metaphysical conciliation without which it is impossible to imagine our taking delight in tragedy; perhaps the conciliatory tones from another world echo most purely in Oedipus at Colonus. Now, once tragedy had lost the genius of music, tragedy in the strictest sense was dead: for where was that metaphysical consolation now to be found? Hence an earthly resolution for tragic dissonance was sought; the hero, having been adequately tormented by fate, won his well-earned reward in a stately marriage and tokens of divine honour. The hero had become a gladiator, granted freedom once he had been satisfactorily flayed and scarred. Metaphysical consolation had been ousted by the deus ex machina.

~Friedrich Nietzsche



Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 5:41 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Wish - if all you're gonna bring to the table are insults, at least make them good ones.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 5:53 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Just for the record, nobody had a problem with Rey because she was a strong female character.

She's a 1 dimensional static character and a Mary Sue.

She has no personality. She had no challenges. She was immediately the best at anything she tried. She was perfect. She was completely un-relateable to everybody, male or female.


Nobody likes a Deus Ex Machina. Especially when your main character is either the God or the Machine, him or herself.



I liked her, at first. Or at least, I DID like her , for what I had hoped they'd make her out to be. But when she went from a feisty but clever gutter urchin to taking on the most powerful Sith apprentice since Vader himself and dueled him to a draw the first time she'd ever picked up a freaking light sabre, I knew the franchised had lost its way.

So yeah, everything Wish says is 100% wrong, because she can't counter any argument with fact, just blind misandry.

Really expect better, but guess not with her.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 7:37 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Rey is Robert Redford from The Natural, if Robert Redford from The Natural starred in a bunch of sequels where he beats rookie sensation Michael Jordan 1-on-1 with his AARP card sitting in his gym bag, he beats Bobby Fisher in chess and went on to design the worlds most sophisticated A.I. chess program and beat that too then he went on to crack the code and bring free energy to the world through nuclear fission while finding time in his day to also pummel Rocky Balboa in the ring.


Boring.

The only way that they can save the series is by making Rey the bad guy. The most powerful and terrible Sith Apprentice there ever was. Maybe bring back Jar Jar Binks as her Sith Master, and make him the most powerful Sith Lord that ever was too (since that was always theorized by many he was behind the rise of the Emperor in the first place).

At least she'd be interesting then. And it would also go a long way in explaining how she's the best at everything she does at her very first attempt. I'd watch it.

Talk about subverting expectations.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 7:41 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!



NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 3:53 PM

OLDGUY

What Would Mal do ?


ok...first off.. (WishImay)...is she always like that? (grin)...holy crap batgirl ! er... I mean bat (woman).

I'm a grandpa of 8 and 7 of them are girls..and I have 3 daughters of my own in addition to male offspring...trust me when I say my girls are every bit the value to me and I love seeing my grandkids dressing and acting out Rey and Wonderwoman, etc.

but watching my millenials and grands (all under 12yrs old).. I see them investing in other products that have all the production elements that far outstretch what we grew up with in our beloved Star Wars...it simply no longer holds the market base..yeah, it'll get it's share, but it no longer is a standout high on a hill with low budget scifi wannabees groveling at the base of the mountain.

so..to Ms Wish's point...no (and you'd need to know my family to know that you can't play race nor gender card here) I wouldn't see a strong female roll, or a young black man romance with white supergirl or asian as anything other than a great love story..and I think those in the movie played it, and were directed, well in that respect.
but I agree that "edgy" might be a good term...where Disney seems to look for every oppty to impose their thinking on the market so that I can no longer watch a version of Beauty and the Beast without having my gaydar alarm go off, or the more subtle..ie let's look at the latest Spidey...where mystery-cheerio all but comes out of the closet once he reveals what a bad guy he is...really? the former prince of persia just had to portray a Marvel bad guy in full flamage? why?

stay on topic..stay on theme...worry about making a great epic, not pushing social snowflake agendas...
and a final note when it comes to the strong women thing...please hire one that can actually act, rather than onboarding an actress just because of her facebook posts.
I long ago left Star wars, and frankly almost abandoned Marvel (Thor Dark World) when the directors were all jonesin for the Nat..lord that girl has no acting talent, she boggs down scenes and that's when she's at her best...so give me a young black storm trooper in love with a stronger Jedi girl...give me a might Thor getting outwitted and butt-kicked by a black valkerie...but show me how it furthers the story, not just shoving agendas down my throat...cause if I see it and don't like it...guess who's kids and grandkids are less likely to be exposed to it as well.

rant complete...exit when ready....

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 4:25 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Quote:

...but show me how it furthers the story, not just shoving agendas down my throat.


Fans have never NOT bought into the idea of strong women heroes. Despite River, Buffy, Faith being approx. 5'5" and 120 lbs, we cheered for them to kick ass and take names.

We casually accepted Ripley from Alien 40 years ago just as easily as we did Wonder Woman in 2017. But apparently it wasn't enough to ease Hollywood's collective guilt over Harvey Weinstein and the culture in which THEY lived in for how many decades ?

We the fans are being forced to pay for the sins of Hollywood. Problem is, it doesn't work like that. WE aren't going to pay for the SJW /#MeToo bullshit with the likes of Captain Mary Sue, Rey or Bat Woman, who stole literally everything from Batman, except his talent, backstory, motivation to fight for justice... It's an out of control Wahman fest which no one asked for and sure as hell no one wants.

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen

I'm just a red pill guy in a room full of blue pill addicts.

" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 5:20 PM

WISHIMAY

You can't even run your own life, I'll beat you to death if you try to run mine... sunshine.


Quote:

Originally posted by OLDGUY:

but I agree that "edgy" might be a good term...where Disney seems to look for every oppty to impose their thinking on the market so that I can no longer watch a version of Beauty and the Beast without having my gaydar alarm go off, or the more subtle..ie let's look at the latest Spidey...where mystery-cheerio all but comes out of the closet once he reveals what a bad guy he is...really? the former prince of persia just had to portray a Marvel bad guy in full flamage? why?

stay on topic..stay on theme...worry about making a great epic, not pushing social snowflake agendas...




I don't know if you know this, but people that are gay LIKE to see gay characters, and should be able to without your Old White Prude Dude Gay Hating Attitude. You like seeing white guys on TV, they like seeing gay people. I like seeing gay people be happy.

Maybe, just maybe....it's NOT pushing an agenda or "imposing thinking", but representing REAL... FUCKING... LIFE.

Yanno, that's okay, we wouldn't wanna make you think. It's clear it's NOT something you are used to.



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 5:25 PM

WISHIMAY

You can't even run your own life, I'll beat you to death if you try to run mine... sunshine.


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:


We the fans are being forced to pay for the sins of Hollywood. Problem is, it doesn't work like that. WE aren't going to pay for the SJW /#MeToo bullshit with the likes of Captain Mary Sue, Rey or Bat Woman, who stole literally everything from Batman, except his talent, backstory, motivation to fight for justice... It's an out of control Wahman fest which no one asked for and sure as hell no one wants.




You LITERALLY cannot get through a post without using incel buzzwords. You realize that makes you brainwashed, right? Is your life goal to be part of a cult because you ARE IN ONE.

You are incapable of thinking for yourself because you lack the intelligence to do so, so like a lemming you follow other dense people in a herd. I feel sorry for you and the people who know you.

PS, my kid, her friends, and I am all looking forward to Batwoman. WE'RE TAKING "YOUR" CHARACTER AND FUCKING WITH IT, NAH-NUH NAH-NUH NAH-NUH.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 5:50 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Batman was never ' mine '. None of them were. Just characters which someone dreamed up, drew and story boarded for a comic book, decades ago.

Lots of folks bought those comics because they liked what they saw.

Now ? Comic book sales are crashing, and much of it has to do w/ the lunacies of people like you... NON comic book readers who still feel obsessed with virtue signaling to the rest of the world how things should be.

SW, Nurse Who, Captain Mary Sue... it's all nose diving into the ground and you're the tiny number of self righteous nutjobs who think it's all a great day to be alive !

There's no such thing as an ' incel buzzword ' , because there's no such thing as an incel. Those are just imaginary terms idiots on the Left made up and use to attack NORMAL people.

Seriously, when you invent an entirely different system for speaking and then accuse everyone else of being the problem, you're already the punchline to a very unfunny joke.


* And btw, #RealLife wouldn't have so many queer characters on all these shows in such prominent or lead roles. Maybe 3% ? Yeah, that's fine, but not freaking 30 or 40 %.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:47 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


I see Nilbog is making new friends.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 11:30 PM

WISHIMAY

You can't even run your own life, I'll beat you to death if you try to run mine... sunshine.


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:


There's no such thing as an ' incel buzzword ' , because there's no such thing as an incel. Those are just imaginary terms idiots on the Left made up and use to attack NORMAL people.




NORMAL PERSON? BAHHH AHHAAAHHHAAHAAAAHAAA!


You are broken and threatened by EVERYTHING, even descriptive WORDS! Everything you speak is derogatory to the things you can't BEGIN to understand and simply because you are SCARED YOU ARE IRRELEVANT and in doing so make yourself MORE IRRELEVANT EVERY DAY.

You idiots have been oppressing the entire sexual spectrum as long as you have existed. I can't wait for the day your kind is dead and a horrible footnote in history.

DOWN WITH FASCISTS! DOWN WITH SEXUAL TYRANNY!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 11:35 PM

WISHIMAY

You can't even run your own life, I'll beat you to death if you try to run mine... sunshine.


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:



* And btw, #RealLife wouldn't have so many queer characters on all these shows in such prominent or lead roles. Maybe 3% ? Yeah, that's fine, but not freaking 30 or 40 %.



So NOW you suddenly care about STATS, you freaking hypocrite?? You don't care about stats when old white fucks run everything, but the second someone else gets a focus point that ain't about YOU, you care so much???

Moron. Complete MORON.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 11:37 PM

WISHIMAY

You can't even run your own life, I'll beat you to death if you try to run mine... sunshine.


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
I see Nilbog is making new friends.




I see they kicked YOUR kind off 8chan, good luck making actual real life friends when you lack the balls to leave the house.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, August 15, 2019 12:02 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Why so angry?

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, August 15, 2019 12:45 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Quote:

Originally posted by WISHIMAY:
Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:


There's no such thing as an ' incel buzzword ' , because there's no such thing as an incel. Those are just imaginary terms idiots on the Left made up and use to attack NORMAL people.




NORMAL PERSON? BAHHH AHHAAAHHHAAHAAAAHAAA!


You are broken and threatened by EVERYTHING, even descriptive WORDS! Everything you speak is derogatory to the things you can't BEGIN to understand and simply because you are SCARED YOU ARE IRRELEVANT and in doing so make yourself MORE IRRELEVANT EVERY DAY.

You idiots have been oppressing the entire sexual spectrum as long as you have existed. I can't wait for the day your kind is dead and a horrible footnote in history.

DOWN WITH FASCISTS! DOWN WITH SEXUAL TYRANNY!



Gotta quote this one for posterity.

Just.... wow.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, August 15, 2019 10:18 AM

ZEEK


OK Natalie Portman has had some bad movies that's for sure. Let's not go crazy and say she can't act though. She can definitely act. Go watch Garden State or V for Vendetta. She's great in both. She can't turn a bad script into an incredible performance. No one can. There were a ton of quality actors in the Star Wars prequel trilogy and they all looked like high school drama freshmen. Which brings up another point. People hated Haden Christensen's Anakin in the prequels. No one said that fans were just hating on him for being a white male lead. So, isn't there a possibility that fans just hate bad characters?

The last season of Game of Thrones received a ton of hate. I don't think it's because the fans suddenly hated the female characters. The writing just sucked. Same as in the recent Star Wars movies. The writing is garbage and no amount of acting talent is going to save it. I think Daisy Ridley has done fine in delivering her lines and showing emotion, but that doesn't change that her character has no depth at all. Let's all remember not to confuse that with bad acting though.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, August 15, 2019 10:40 AM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


I tend to agree that a good actor can’t save bad writing or terribly conceived characters.

My main beef isn’t with Natalie Portman as an actress, put her in a roll and a character which she has no business being.

Lucy Lawless made Xena far more believable , imo , because she’s actually had the physique which matched her athletic action. It’s not completely necessary, for fantasy - fiction stories, but it certainly helps.

But neither Lucy Lawless, Xena, nor Breanne of Tarth should be cast as a new “ Thor”. It isn’t a title, it’s a characters name.

Hollywood, Leftist elites - stop screaming about “appropriation“ and then do exactly what you accuse others of doing.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, August 16, 2019 12:37 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


I never thought Natalie Portman was a bad actress. I haven't seen her in anything since V or the Star Wars flicks myself. Star Wars certainly shouldn't be counted against anyone.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, August 16, 2019 6:36 AM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


SW counted against Hayden Christensen in my book.

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen

I'm just a red pill guy in a room full of blue pill addicts.

" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, August 16, 2019 9:04 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


It definitely didn't do Jake Lloyd any favors.



Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, August 16, 2019 10:20 AM

ZEEK


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:
SW counted against Hayden Christensen in my book.

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen

I'm just a red pill guy in a room full of blue pill addicts.

" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall


I've only seen him in two other movies and he was awful in both. Jumper was hilariously bad. So, much so that I actually enjoy rewatching it from time to time just to laugh at it. Then there was some other movie where Hayden and Nick Cage are like warriors in the crusades and they're in China. They're apparently the greatest warriors ever lol. Hayden becomes an opium addict with a heart of gold who saves a princess. It's so awful but this time not even in a funny way.

All that being said I kinda hope he makes an appearance in Star Wars IX. I mean if Anakin became a force ghost (which doesn't make any sense) then where has he been when is grandson is going off the rails?

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, August 16, 2019 6:53 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Hayden wasn't nearly as bad in Jumper as he was in the trilogies. ( imo ) Sure, it was a cartoonish movie, but I didn't cringe nearly as much at his lines or the way he gave them as I did for literally everything he did in SW.

The changing to younger force ghost Anakin from older force ghost Aankin makes no sense. Maybe Sith Kylo Ren can't access the good side of the ghost force ? Of course, where was good Anakin force ghost when his own son was trying to murder his nephew while he slept ?

Also...


NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 11:49 AM

ZEEK


And now there are rumors of an Obiwan Kenobi series on Disney+. He's a white male and I don't want that series at all. There should not be anything interesting going on during the time between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. Trying to force stories into that time period is just going to make for bad TV. Disney needs to hire some serious writers and stop running this franchise like a cash printing machine. Tell good stories and the cash will print itself.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:28 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Quote:

Originally posted by Zeek: Tell good stories and the cash will print itself.


Disney has gone beyond that. The SJW mindset demands it.

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen

I'm just a red pill guy in a room full of blue pill addicts.

" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 6:06 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Meh... It's already dead. The kids don't care. Action figures aren't selling.

In the entire history of the franchise, the box office only accounted for 1/3 of the revenue generated by the toys.

Disney killed Star Wars.

They'll kill Marvel next if they didn't learn anything.



They seemed to have put a muzzle on Brie Larson though, and I do find the idea of sampling different genres of film for different characters in era or generation 4 or whatever they're calling it pretty interesting. I never had any desire to see the first Dr. Strange, but an H.P. Lovecraft inspired second flick titled "In the Multiverse of Madness" certainly has my curiosity piqued.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 6:09 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


On a side note, I find it hilarious all the pink haired weirdo movie reviewers online talking about how Star Wars has paid for itself already, when it's apparent these idiots majored in their liberal arts and weren't required to take accounting 101 or probably even a basic math course in college.

If you buy an apple for a dollar and sell it for 50 cents, you didn't make money, dummy.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, August 22, 2019 8:17 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Let's be honest here though...

Did anybody really enjoy the prequel trilogy? I think a lot of people are giving that a pass these days because of how bad the new movies are, but I think Star Wars has been dying for a very long time.

Back when the first one came out, I was stoked. My girlfriend at the time picked up my brother back at my old house and we all went to see it. We enjoyed it. It wasn't all that bad, really. But when my friend convinced me a few years later to go downtown Chicago with him to see the second one on the IMAX, I was pretty bored. And that might be the only legitimate Hollywood flick I've ever seen on an IMAX in my life. Living around Chicago growing up, I'd seen quite a few science and history related things on the IMAX on class trips, and I remember seeing something on the X-Games with a few friends back when we played Tony Hawk games all the time. Those were amazing. Star Wars Episode II.... not so much.

I even downloaded an early leak of Episode III back in the day, but it was not great quality and I decided to wait until I was watching something with better quality. But I just never got around to it. I'd already lost interest. I've never seen Episode III.

Maybe I've just grown up, but it's certainly not an age thing in general. My brother's basement man cave has so many collectibles that it would have been paradise for me and my brothers when we were kids. My friends tended to be more along the jock spectrum, where his tended to be more along the drama/chior/band spectrum too, so it's no surprise that, as adults, their basements look a lot different than my friends basements do.



I never read any of the fan-fiction that Lucas himself deemed good enough to become cannon. But my brother read all of it. He could read one of those paperback novels in a night or two, and he read them all.

I think that's probably the biggest F*U to all of the real Star Wars fans out there. The moment that Disney bought the franchise from Lucas and then retroactively destroyed this entire fan made universe by removing everything from the cannon except for the three original movies.

The icing on the cake though was putting out this pandering horseshit after the fact and saying "All that stuff you created and loved as a community doesn't exist. That universe is dead. This is Star Wars now."


Okay. Whatever. I enjoyed visiting it when I was a kid, but I was already done with your universe 20 years ago and had moved on. It's just sad when people like my brother were evicted from it, and even more sad when he doesn't even want to visit there anymore.

Shame on you, Disney.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
Emergence
Thu, October 17, 2019 20:07 - 10 posts

Thu, October 17, 2019 16:05 - 42 posts
The Fandom Menace Origins : How Disney Ruined Star Wars
Wed, October 16, 2019 19:47 - 23 posts
Justice for Anas !! Help out the little guy, for once.
Sun, October 13, 2019 19:09 - 5 posts
Picard
Sat, October 12, 2019 16:27 - 33 posts
Carnival Row - amazon prime
Sun, October 6, 2019 23:28 - 30 posts
Undone - Amazon Prime
Wed, September 18, 2019 08:59 - 4 posts
The Boys - Amazon Prime
Mon, September 16, 2019 14:29 - 24 posts
You, Me and the Apocalypse
Sat, September 14, 2019 00:04 - 13 posts
Star Wars : Got woke, going broke. The Force is not so strong w/ Disney , theme park woes.
Thu, September 5, 2019 22:03 - 63 posts
Brief List of Butt-kicking Babes
Fri, August 30, 2019 21:00 - 67 posts
OK.. weird (Black Mirror feat. Miley Cyrus)
Sun, August 25, 2019 07:46 - 11 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL