FIREFLY EPISODE DISCUSSIONS

Out of Gas = Hardest Episode so far

POSTED BY: AKREDHEAD
UPDATED: Friday, November 17, 2006 06:56
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 7025
PAGE 1 of 2

Friday, July 28, 2006 5:11 PM

AKREDHEAD


I'm making my way through the box of episodes...savoring them...

Today I watched Out of Gas and I started crying halfway through...and of course at the end...

Anyone else have this reaction or am I just all hormonal and such?

Seeing Mal stumble around and looking so poorly...I said out loud, "Poor baby!" And to see him sacrafice so much...it just hurt...

And then end of the episode...just made me wish I had a group of people who would love me that much...

Sometimes...being a fan...hurts...you know?


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 28, 2006 5:25 PM

FOLLOWMAL


Quote:

Originally posted by akredhead:
I'm making my way through the box of episodes...savoring them...
Today I watched Out of Gas and I started crying halfway through...and of course at the end...
Anyone else have this reaction or am I just all hormonal and such?
Seeing Mal stumble around and looking so poorly...I said out loud, "Poor baby!" And to see him sacrafice so much...it just hurt...
And then end of the episode...just made me wish I had a group of people who would love me that much...

Sometimes...being a fan...hurts...you know?



We know.

Ahhh, this is why we all love Firefly so much. It really taps in to those real feelings of family that we all yearn for.

I think I will give you your browncoat on the new folks, lurkers thread, Akredhead. Check over there for me in a few.

Welcome to the sadness, the happiness, the pain and the elation. This is a wild ride and worth every minute of it. So's the board here. You'll find lots of friends who share so many of the same feelings with you. Enjoy being surrounded by friends here!

"You hold. Hold 'til I get back." Mal

Click here www.fireflyfans.net for info about the Serenity Summer Campaign and how you can help!


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 28, 2006 6:52 PM

AKREDHEAD


Awww...thank you!

I just am falling so in love with this 'verse...

So madly in love.

:P


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 28, 2006 7:01 PM

TRISTAN


akredhead...don't tell anyone this, but that episode tore me up, too...and I am definitely not hormonal. Several of the episodes brought tears to my eyes. They still do, and it doesn't matter how many times I watch them.
Gorram F*X Executives....

By the way, I did not have the chance to welcom you to the 'verse, so, "welcome"!

Glad you found your way home!

______________________________________

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 28, 2006 7:06 PM

AKREDHEAD


I'm a sensitive person...easily empathizes...

Just...Mal is so...brave and loving...and proud...

To see such a good man...suffer...it was too much...


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 28, 2006 7:10 PM

TRISTAN


There is no such thing as too sensitive around here. We all fell the same; we all share the love and laughter, as well as the moments that hurt. That is what makes Firefly the wonder that it is.

______________________________________

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 28, 2006 7:18 PM

AKREDHEAD


I can't tell you how good it feels to know that others understand the bittersweetness of fandom love...

It kills me that I can't ride the 'verse with the crew...


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 28, 2006 7:22 PM

TRISTAN


Hey, you are amongst the crew of the biggest Firefly in the 'verse! Need to fly? Just check in here!

______________________________________

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 28, 2006 7:29 PM

ONEMANSHORT


Quote:

Originally posted by akredhead:
I'm making my way through the box of episodes...savoring them...

Today I watched Out of Gas and I started crying halfway through...and of course at the end...

Anyone else have this reaction or am I just all hormonal and such?

Seeing Mal stumble around and looking so poorly...I said out loud, "Poor baby!" And to see him sacrafice so much...it just hurt...

And then end of the episode...just made me wish I had a group of people who would love me that much...

Sometimes...being a fan...hurts...you know?




I think we've all been there. Just follow up that episode with "Jaynestown" and you'll be crying from laughing hysterically...a much better reason to cry if you ask me. I'm finding that my solution to most problems nowadays is "watch Jaynestown" my obsession is becoming stronger everyday...a good thing I suppose!



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 28, 2006 7:53 PM

AKREDHEAD


I wish you knew how much finding this fandom means to me right now...

I'm visiting my hometown for over a month and it has been a really unhappy experience...I don't know anyone here anymore...I'm lonely...my mom is a drunk...

I miss my home...I miss my friends...my kitty...and just for s&g (sh!ts & giggles) I bought firefly...and then to see this episode..it was like..."YES THAT'S WHAT I WANT IN MY LIFE!!!"


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 28, 2006 7:54 PM

AKREDHEAD


I have to say...Jaynestown wat hilarious.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 28, 2006 8:21 PM

ARCADIA


(((akredhead)))

I can sympathize. This summer has been so lonely for me. My parents just got divorced, my sister's unstable, my aunt died, I couldn't get a job, and just to top it all off, I got into a car accident tuesday...

Thank god for Firefly.

And Out of Gas especially. I think you hit the nail on the head, FollowMal... this episode, its all about family, and damn it, family feels so comofortable sometimes, something I miss so much, that it tears your heart out.

That is what I love about Firefly and Buffy the Vampire Slayer: They makes you feel.

[center]
Arcadia
aka Greyfable and/or Katie


like the avatar? there are more. grab one here: http://snipurl.com/syt0. Happy Summer of Serenity!
www.stillflying.net -- picking up Firefly were Joss left off. We will hold 'til he gets back.
[/center]

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, July 29, 2006 9:09 AM

DONCOAT


Oh, sweet Buddha.

If the suffering in OOG made you cry, you'd better have a good friend with you when you watch War Stories.

Just a word to the wise. (And welcome, in case I didn't say that elsewhere.)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm pointin' right at it!

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, July 29, 2006 10:21 AM

GROUNDED


Quote:

Originally posted by akredhead:
To see such a good man...suffer...it was too much...



Let's be honest...Mal ain't that good

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, July 29, 2006 10:30 AM

AKREDHEAD


Well...he's alright...

(ps...I actually do think he has a good soul)


Quote:

Originally posted by Grounded:
Quote:

Originally posted by akredhead:
To see such a good man...suffer...it was too much...



Let's be honest...
Mal ain't that good




NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, July 29, 2006 10:31 AM

AKREDHEAD


I saw War Stories last night...and it was tough...

Jeebus...I do love Mel something fierce...

I want to kiss every scar and boo-boo...

And yeah...I cried afterwards.

Quote:

Originally posted by DonCoat:
Oh, sweet Buddha.

If the suffering in OOG made you cry, you'd better have a good friend with you when you watch War Stories.

Just a word to the wise. (And welcome, in case I didn't say that elsewhere.)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm pointin' right at it!




NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, July 29, 2006 6:07 PM

FLORALBUNNY


{{{{{{{red}}}}}}}
Take two episodes and call us in the
morning:
"Our Mrs. Reynolds" and "Trash."

Most of us love Mal one way or another.
Maybe not to the boo-boo kissing extent
(I'll not offer to speak for males as I
ain't one of 'em) but we care for the
guy.

He's our Captain, after all.

And he's so very, very shiny.

bun
~2006~Firefly Summer~2006~
==We aim to exponentiate==
-------Hide the rum!-------

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, July 29, 2006 6:27 PM

AKREDHEAD


Well now I feel silly...

Quote:

Originally posted by FloralBunny:
{{{{{{{red}}}}}}}
Take two episodes and call us in the
morning:
"Our Mrs. Reynolds" and "Trash."

Most of us love Mal one way or another.
Maybe not to the boo-boo kissing extent
(I'll not offer to speak for males as I
ain't one of 'em) but we care for the
guy.

He's our Captain, after all.

And he's so very, very shiny.

bun
~2006~Firefly Summer~2006~
==We aim to exponentiate==
-------Hide the rum!-------




NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, July 29, 2006 6:34 PM

EMBERS


this is such a powerful episode,
it covers so much back story on our BDHs
it threatens our Captain and the ship
and Mal's final line to the crew...
'will you still be here...'
(I should look up the exact words)

such an incredible episode!
(I must go rewatch it again now)

**********************************************
River Dancing on River's Dream images at Cafe Press:
http://www.cafepress.com/embersartwork

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, July 29, 2006 6:59 PM

AKREDHEAD


YES! And washes moustache... EEEK!

The final quote from Mal and his crew is what inspired my banner in the signature...




Quote:

Originally posted by embers:
this is such a powerful episode,
it covers so much back story on our BDHs
it threatens our Captain and the ship
and Mal's final line to the crew...
'will you still be here...'
(I should look up the exact words)

such an incredible episode!
(I must go rewatch it again now)

**********************************************
River Dancing on River's Dream images at Cafe Press:
http://www.cafepress.com/embersartwork]


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, July 29, 2006 7:01 PM

NOSADSEVEN


Quote:

Originally posted by akredhead:
Quote:

Originally posted by FloralBunny:
Most of us love Mal one way or another.
Maybe not to the boo-boo kissing extent
(I'll not offer to speak for males as I
ain't one of 'em) but we care for the
guy.


Well now I feel silly...


Aww, don't feel silly. There's a lot of us who love him in that "boo-boo kissing" way.

OoG - my very favorite episode. It is so much fun to see folks experience the episodes for the first time. Thank you so much for honestly sharing your impressions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ain't. We. Just.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, July 29, 2006 7:03 PM

AKREDHEAD


Well...that's good to know...



Quote:

Originally posted by nosadseven:
Quote:

Originally posted by akredhead:
Quote:

Originally posted by FloralBunny:
Most of us love Mal one way or another.
Maybe not to the boo-boo kissing extent
(I'll not offer to speak for males as I
ain't one of 'em) but we care for the
guy.


Well now I feel silly...


Aww, don't feel silly. There's a lot of us who love him in that "boo-boo kissing" way.

OoG - my very favorite episode. It is so much fun to see folks experience the episodes for the first time. Thank you so much for honestly sharing your impressions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ain't. We. Just.




NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, July 30, 2006 9:53 AM

CHRISISALL


I cried at so many points in Firefly/Serenity I can't count 'em.
It's unnatural if ya DON'T!

Welcome to the 'Verse(es).

Also sensitive Chrisisall

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, July 30, 2006 10:01 AM

DESKTOPHIPPIE


Mutant Enemy have causing human suffering and misery down to a fine art. Seriously. I found this out many, many years ago when I watched the season 2 finale of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Until then, I never thought my heart could actually break for a bunch of fictional characters. And I'd read Ginger's death scene in Black Beauty!





NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, July 30, 2006 10:15 AM

SPACEANJL


Fictional weeping - "Look, Raist, bunnies..." Or the bear in 'The Last Battle'. Or Boxer...

It's the mark of great writing that you get so involved.

OoG is one of my favourites. Just the backstory, and that look on Mal's face at the end when he's looking at Serenity.

Always wondered her backstory, and what Harbatkin named her...

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, July 30, 2006 10:28 AM

LISSA37


Awww, I'm sorry to hear you're so lonely and having a rough time this summer. I'm glad Firefly has been able to help some.

Jaynestown is a good for one making you laugh after all the sad ones.

Out of Gas & War Stories are two of the worst for sad moments.

Heart of Gold always gets me, too. I don't want to say too much because I'm guessing by what you've said that you haven't seen that one yet. But, there's a Wash & Zoe scene that just breaks my heart. I sobbed after I saw it the first time. (Of course, I saw Serenity first... so, I knew some things you wouldn't ordinarily know if you saw Firefly first, like it's meant to be.) Inara has a sad scene in that one, too. I wanted to reach through the screen and hug her. (Then smack her and Mal both and tell 'em to finally get together and stop playing around!)

Re: Mal -- I think he's a good guy, deep inside. Oh, he's tough, and he does some bad things, but... still! You gotta love him. Besides, he does a lot of good things, too.

*****
"I'm a leaf on the wind..." - Wash

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, July 30, 2006 10:38 AM

CHRISISALL


Quote:

Originally posted by Lissa37:

Re: Mal -- I think he's a good guy, deep inside. Oh, he's tough, and he does some bad things, but... still! You gotta love him. Besides, he does a lot of good things, too.


Hey look at this:

Re: Spike -- I think he's a good guy, deep inside. Oh, he's tough, and he does some bad things, but... still! You gotta love him. Besides, he does a lot of good things, too.

Wow, never put those two in the same place before.
Both had to fight for their souls, well figurativly speaking- for one that is...


Just sayin' Chrisisall

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, July 30, 2006 1:19 PM

FLORALBUNNY


Well now, red, what's all this feeling
silly? You're having your chain yanked,
your tears jerked, and your guts ripped
out by masters of their trade.

I came home one afternoon and found my
young daughter sitting on the sofa,
snurfling ferociously. In her lap was a
book her grandmother had given her.
Raising a red-nosed face at me she asked,
"Why am I sitting here crying about a
stupid fictional DOG?"

I like to try to remember that when I
see something on my SereniFly discs and
tear up once more in some tomfool Pavlovian
fashion over something I've seen so many
times I could *quote* it.

They make you love them, then shoot them,
and someone's puppy.

Evil, evil, evil.
Give in to it. Good for your sinuses.
Great banner, BTW.
ð¿ð

bun
~2006~Firefly Summer~2006~
==We aim to exponentiate==
-------Hide the rum!-------

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, July 30, 2006 5:30 PM

AKREDHEAD


Thanks!

I haven't seen Buffy or any of the other shows in the Jossverse...but this one just hits something inside of me...

Maybe it is because Mal and Zoe are war vets and I have a special place in my heart for soldiers...

Maybe it is because Mal is so loyal to his crew and demands that same sense of loyalty...

Maybe it is because...sometimes Love isn't packages with a bow but is packaged in something less refined...

But...being lonely and feeling alienated and dissappointed with my family...makes me yearn something fierce for a crew to love me too...

:) I'm glad I found this one...

PS: THanks for complimenting my banner...

Quote:

Originally posted by FloralBunny:
Well now, red, what's all this feeling
silly? You're having your chain yanked,
your tears jerked, and your guts ripped
out by masters of their trade.

I came home one afternoon and found my
young daughter sitting on the sofa,
snurfling ferociously. In her lap was a
book her grandmother had given her.
Raising a red-nosed face at me she asked,
"Why am I sitting here crying about a
stupid fictional DOG?"

I like to try to remember that when I
see something on my SereniFly discs and
tear up once more in some tomfool Pavlovian
fashion over something I've seen so many
times I could *quote* it.

They make you love them, then shoot them,
and someone's puppy.

Evil, evil, evil.
Give in to it. Good for your sinuses.
Great banner, BTW.
ð¿ð

bun
~2006~Firefly Summer~2006~
==We aim to exponentiate==
-------Hide the rum!-------




NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, July 30, 2006 5:32 PM

AKREDHEAD


I have a very good ability to suspend disbelief when there is good writing...

I wept for DAYS for Ennis and Jack from Brokeback Mountain...

I fell head over heels in love with the character's from the book series "Tales of the City" by Armistead Maupin and for a time felt like they were truly my friends...

My friends think I'm silly...they don't understand fandoms...but then...i don't undertand them either and I'm smack dab in the middle of it.

-Red

Quote:

Originally posted by SpaceAnJL:
Fictional weeping - "Look, Raist, bunnies..." Or the bear in 'The Last Battle'. Or Boxer...

It's the mark of great writing that you get so involved.

OoG is one of my favourites. Just the backstory, and that look on Mal's face at the end when he's looking at Serenity.

Always wondered her backstory, and what Harbatkin named her...




NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, July 30, 2006 5:33 PM

AKREDHEAD


We sensitive folks need to stick together...

Hugs,
Red

Quote:

Originally posted by chrisisall:
I cried at so many points in Firefly/Serenity I can't count 'em.
It's unnatural if ya DON'T!

Welcome to the 'Verse(es).

Also sensitive Chrisisall




NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, July 30, 2006 6:05 PM

SPASSJUNGE


Quote:

Originally posted by SpaceAnJL:
Fictional weeping - "Look, Raist, bunnies..."



Sturm's death gets me every time...




Glänzend!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, July 30, 2006 6:18 PM

XITWOUND117


Good god! This whole thread is so... womanly.

Well, before I go puke in disgust, I will add some credibility to this thread: I am a heterosexual male who is usually unaffected emotionally by movies. But Firefly gets me several times. Out of Gas had me genuinely worried and on the edge of my seat, completely captivated, despite the fact that when I was watching the episodes I had already seen the movie. That's good writing and acting for you.

But the most emotional part is Objects in Space, when River is saying she'll go with Early. When she's upset about the crew's distrust of her, and that one strings piece comes in... wow. I got choked up, and that's saying alot.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, July 30, 2006 7:05 PM

UNHOLYDOVE


Quote:

Originally posted by akredhead:
I wish you knew how much finding this fandom means to me right now...

I'm visiting my hometown for over a month and it has been a really unhappy experience...I don't know anyone here anymore...I'm lonely...my mom is a drunk...

I miss my home...I miss my friends...my kitty...and just for s&g (sh!ts & giggles) I bought firefly...and then to see this episode..it was like..."YES THAT'S WHAT I WANT IN MY LIFE!!!"



Come to think of it, I too was going through a rough time right around the time I picked up Firefly. Somehow, four moves in 6 months and a death in the family counts as stress, right? I think it was the family dynamic and the idea of being free and independent that made me fall in love with the series. Even though they faced a rough life, they made the best of it.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, July 30, 2006 7:33 PM

AKREDHEAD


I love the idea of freedom and independence...

Living with a dysfunctional family makes me feel very trapped and helpless...

There's a reason why I moved 2000 miles from home...to be free...

(hums Firefly theme song)

-RED


Quote:

Originally posted by unholydove:
Quote:

Originally posted by akredhead:
I wish you knew how much finding this fandom means to me right now...

I'm visiting my hometown for over a month and it has been a really unhappy experience...I don't know anyone here anymore...I'm lonely...my mom is a drunk...

I miss my home...I miss my friends...my kitty...and just for s&g (sh!ts & giggles) I bought firefly...and then to see this episode..it was like..."YES THAT'S WHAT I WANT IN MY LIFE!!!"



Come to think of it, I too was going through a rough time right around the time I picked up Firefly. Somehow, four moves in 6 months and a death in the family counts as stress, right? I think it was the family dynamic and the idea of being free and independent that made me fall in love with the series. Even though they faced a rough life, they made the best of it.




NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, July 30, 2006 7:36 PM

AKREDHEAD


(hands you a bucket)

Now...don't get your innards in a twist...men can be emotive and feeling like if they need to be...

Look at Simon...he's pretty...girlified in his feelings but undoubtedly a man.

Quote:

Originally posted by xitwound117:
Good god! This whole thread is so... womanly.

Well, before I go puke in disgust, I will add some credibility to this thread: I am a heterosexual male who is usually unaffected emotionally by movies. But Firefly gets me several times. Out of Gas had me genuinely worried and on the edge of my seat, completely captivated, despite the fact that when I was watching the episodes I had already seen the movie. That's good writing and acting for you.

But the most emotional part is Objects in Space, when River is saying she'll go with Early. When she's upset about the crew's distrust of her, and that one strings piece comes in... wow. I got choked up, and that's saying alot.




NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, July 30, 2006 8:03 PM

XITWOUND117


You know the music in Out of Gas when Mal is walking up to the bridge for the first time (sans bullet wound), closing the doors, and putting on the army blanket? I love that bit of music. I can't get it out of my head.

Damn the horrible company starting with F and ending with X.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, July 31, 2006 7:35 AM

CAPTIANREAVER


I think Ariel was like the best episode, i watch it all the time........actualy i watch the whole season at least 2 times a week lol. My favorite thing in the whole season is when simon has jayne on the table and he tells him that he has jayns life if his hands, and then he tells him that he will alwase be safe with him.

Ohh and i also love the firefly theme song

take me out to the black tell them i aint commin back, burn the land boil the sea you cant take the sky from me

i havent been able to get this song out of my head and i cant stop watching this show i felt kinda like a looser cause i watch it all the time, but i just cant help it im in love with it


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, July 31, 2006 5:26 PM

FLORALBUNNY


*the bun looks up from her position
near the floor, where she is holding
Xit's head over Red's bucket and he is
being very manly (i.e. making a big racket
and resisting the inevitable)*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
akredhead wrote:
I fell head over heels in love with the character's from the book series "Tales of the City" by Armistead Maupin and for a time felt like they were truly my friends...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ai, ya! Takes me back many years to a
whole 'nother life.....

*pats Xit's shoulder and cues up the music
from the end of The Message*

.......ð¿ð bun ð¿ð.......
~2006~Firefly Summer~2006~
==We aim to exponentiate==
-------Hide the rum!-------

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 2, 2006 2:48 PM

TRAVELER


Men are sensitive. Serenity is Mal's home. He wouldn't leave her. He bought her so he could have all this freedom and look he is stuck to Serenity like a gum on the bottom of a chair.
He wanted to get away from people and what does he have, eight souls packed in that tiny ship. Hell you can't leave one room with runnng into somebody. Out of Gas is about the family that Mal has found himself with. What did he say at the end. "You'll be here when I wake up?" or words to that effect. They are all important to him. He tells Saffron how they care for each other. Of course she doen't understand but even Jayne must have that feeling or he would have left them himself. Oh I beter stop because I'm talking about Jayne again and that will take all night. So yes I get weepy eyed. Big old fart that I am.

You take care akredhead. Want to see you post often. Need to here from good people.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 2, 2006 6:13 PM

SHINEYLITTLEALBATROS


yeah, Out of Gas was the saddest and Jayne's town was the funniest. But My favorite is still objects in space

-----
Oh, its grotest!oh and there's something in that jar.
[IMG][/IMG]

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 2, 2006 6:34 PM

JOSSISAGOD


The lines

Select to view spoiler:


"When your miracle gets here, you just pound this button once, it'll call back both shuttles." and "Y'all gonna be here when I wake up?"

KILLED ME! Of course it was the

Select to view spoiler:


Belly-dancer passing the note to Mal that hooked me!



JOSSIS(Most Definitely)AGOD

Self appointed Forsaken! Been on the list for a while now!

"Look at me, I'm STUPID!" The Doctor.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, August 2, 2006 6:42 PM

TASIA


This has been my fave episdoe of the series. Seeing how everyone became a part of the crew.

I love the part with Kaylee!!!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, August 3, 2006 1:42 AM

DONCOAT


Quote:

Originally posted by tasia:
This has been my fave episdoe of the series. Seeing how everyone became a part of the crew.

I love the part with Kaylee!!!

That being the case, you might enjoy this:
http://www.fireflyfans.net/sunroomitem.asp?i=11876


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm pointin' right at it!

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, August 3, 2006 5:50 AM

TASIA


Oh WOW!

Thanks for lettting me know. What a treat!! I really enjoyed it. You're a really good writer. And I have to admit that's probably the only second fan fiction piece I've ever read.

Hope you got more!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, August 3, 2006 10:10 AM

CIRHSEIN


Quote:

Originally posted by xitwound117:
But the most emotional part is Objects in Space, when River is saying she'll go with Early. When she's upset about the crew's distrust of her, and that one strings piece comes in... wow. I got choked up, and that's saying alot.



I hear ya, brother. That's a powerful moment, and I'm not typically one to get moved by a tv show.

"They didn't want her here, but she couldn't make herself leave. So she melted. Melted away. They didn't know she could do that, but she did."

Damn, I'm getting misty just thinking about it.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, August 3, 2006 10:44 AM

INDIGOSTARBLASTER


I second that. Definitely worth the reading effort :)

Indigo S.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, August 4, 2006 12:15 PM

DALILABA


Out of Gas is Nathan Fillion's favorite episode.
I agree that the music in this episode is the best of the series.

By now ya scanned me, and you know I got no life support.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, August 4, 2006 12:24 PM

FUTUREMRSFILLION


OOG is my all time favorite. I will watch it anytime anywhere.

It is sad, but it is also the show that made me absolutely fall in love with these characters. There is so much love evident in that episode.

I cry as soon as it starts and don't stop til the end. The look on his face at the end when he asks if they will be there when he wakes up - kills me.

The only other line that gets me like that is when River tells Simon that she didn't think he would come for her.

Oh geez, gettin teary just thinking about it.



one of the Forsaken TM

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, August 4, 2006 12:40 PM

FUTUREMRSFILLION


DonCoat

I have never read FanFic before, always afraid it wouldn't be as good as I wanted it to be.

You have proven me wrong, and brought tears to my eyes.

This was just fantastic. I can HEAR Kaylee and Mal. Just Fantastic!



one of the Forsaken TM

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
Itinerary for Serenity during the 9 months of Firefly/Serenity.
Thu, June 20, 2019 20:39 - 21 posts
Map of the Verse discussion
Tue, June 4, 2019 20:51 - 170 posts
The Savant Crew
Wed, May 15, 2019 13:47 - 32 posts
Who Was Your Favorite Friend of Our BDH?
Wed, April 24, 2019 00:26 - 3 posts
Everything Wrong with “The Train Job”
Wed, February 6, 2019 18:20 - 4 posts
Where is the location for the scene at the end of "Trash"
Mon, December 24, 2018 23:42 - 4 posts
Christmastime
Mon, December 24, 2018 13:48 - 1 posts
"Mal, bad... in the Latin" what does it mean?
Sun, August 5, 2018 23:02 - 31 posts
Who Was Your Favorite Character That Died In The Verse?
Thu, July 26, 2018 06:15 - 6 posts
Have Mal's Contacts Been Discussed?
Fri, July 20, 2018 09:13 - 5 posts
What's Your Favorite Scene or Dialogue Featuring Zoe Washburne?
Tue, July 17, 2018 13:49 - 8 posts
5mmo Offer King of Avalon Resources At Affordable Price
Sun, May 20, 2018 22:18 - 1 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL