CINEMA

DeadPool 2 - Shoutout to Firefly

POSTED BY: SHINYGOODGUY
UPDATED: Saturday, April 7, 2018 11:05
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 2148
PAGE 1 of 1

Monday, March 20, 2017 3:47 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


I just came back from seeing Logan (solid movie, near great), but I'm here to talk about the Deadpool 2 trailer.

Look at it carefully, the one where he jumps into a phone booth to change into DP (hilarious by the way), there's a shout out to our beloved Firefly

Just thought I'd mention it.


SGG

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, March 20, 2017 4:35 AM

MOOSE







NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 7:50 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by SHINYGOODGUY:
I just came back from seeing Logan (solid movie, near great), but I'm here to talk about the Deadpool 2 trailer.

Look at it carefully, the one where he jumps into a phone booth to change into DP (hilarious by the way), there's a shout out to our beloved Firefly

Just thought I'd mention it.


SGG


I might have seen a similar thread to this, but it may have been in a non-specific forum, thus quickly buried.

http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=61439

What do you think of those symbols below the poster on the right?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, March 23, 2017 3:16 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


Can't really make out the symbols, although they look like the number 2.
It may be for Serenity sequel, but that's just a wild guess.


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Quote:

Originally posted by SHINYGOODGUY:
I just came back from seeing Logan (solid movie, near great), but I'm here to talk about the Deadpool 2 trailer.

Look at it carefully, the one where he jumps into a phone booth to change into DP (hilarious by the way), there's a shout out to our beloved Firefly

Just thought I'd mention it.


SGG


I might have seen a similar thread to this, but it may have been in a non-specific forum, thus quickly buried.

http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=61439

What do you think of those symbols below the poster on the right?


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, March 23, 2017 11:04 AM

MOOSE


Yeah, that's wishful thinking right there.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, March 26, 2017 4:04 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by Moose:
Yeah, that's wishful thinking right there.


Part of what this site rides upon.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, March 27, 2017 6:36 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!



I think I mentioned in the original DP thread that Ryan Reynold's passion to not just do this project but do it right was on par with how I heard Joss talk about Firefly and doing Serenity.

Guess I didn't realize it was that obvious !

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, March 27, 2017 8:02 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:

I think I mentioned in the original DP thread that Ryan Reynold's passion to not just do this project but do it right was on par with how I heard Joss talk about Firefly and doing Serenity.

Guess I didn't realize it was that obvious !


Maybe Ryan was reading up on you.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 16, 2017 5:24 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:

I think I mentioned in the original DP thread that Ryan Reynold's passion to not just do this project but do it right was on par with how I heard Joss talk about Firefly and doing Serenity.

Guess I didn't realize it was that obvious !


Maybe Ryan was reading up on you.





More likely, somethings are just more self evident, they need no further explanation. What the fans did , to get the BDM had to be a lesson for Deadpool fans. And Ryan too. I love how he had no clue of the character, and then simply fell in love , from the very start.


Same for many of us, I suspect. Depicted perfectly when Mal first saw her, across the lot of used space ships... there she was.

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen

I'm just a red pill guy in a room full of blue pill addicts.

" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2017 9:04 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!



So Josh Brolin is cast as Cable.

Not up on the whole Cable back story, save for what I see on YouTube and such.

I'm a bit hesitant on the sequel. I mean , how does one follow up a insanely successful 1st movie ? There's a formula there which nailed the perfect balance of being campy, funny, and still worth seeing the story unfold. Much of the appeal, imo, was the introduction of Deadpool ( v 2.0 ) , as he should have been done, as well as the self evasive humor.

So now what ? Just repeating what they did the first time will seem lame, but then they can't go full 'serious' like and make it like any other movie.

Hell, as long as they have fun and all, I think it'll do just fine.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, March 3, 2018 11:13 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


I had THE most ridiculous, lame Deadpool dream ever. Supposedly, it was a screening of the new Deadpool. However, the movie was shown in a 1950's / 60's style movie theatre - straight back chairs. The movie was utterly lame. And short. No Cable, which made me wonder if this was some sort of test screening.

There was a black woman , in police uniform, in the audience, who was suppose to have been a feature character from the 1st movie....

We as fans were suppose to know who she was. Kinda like a Dopinder character.

No one knew her.

People started leaving about midway in the screening. It was so terrible.
Before I knew it, the theatre was totally empty, and i was sitting there alone, wondering what had just happened.



Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen

I'm just a red pill guy in a room full of blue pill addicts.

" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, March 4, 2018 2:35 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:
I had THE most ridiculous, lame Deadpool dream ever. Supposedly, it was a screening of the new Deadpool. However, the movie was shown in a 1950's / 60's style movie theatre - straight back chairs. The movie was utterly lame. And short. No Cable, which made me wonder if this was some sort of test screening.

There was a black woman , in uniform, a police, in the audience , who was suppose to have been a feature character from the 1st movie....

We as fans were suppose to know who she was. Kinda like a Dopinder character.

No one knew her.

People started leaving about midway in the screening. It was so terrible.
Before I knew it, the theatre was totally empty, and i was sitting there alone, wondering what had just happened.



Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen

I'm just a red pill guy in a room full of blue pill addicts.

" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall

Sounds more like you got stuck in a Star Wars or Bafflack showing.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 5:00 AM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:

So Josh Brolin is cast as Cable.

Not up on the whole Cable back story, save for what I see on YouTube and such.

I'm a bit hesitant on the sequel. I mean , how does one follow up a insanely successful 1st movie ? There's a formula there which nailed the perfect balance of being campy, funny, and still worth seeing the story unfold. Much of the appeal, imo, was the introduction of Deadpool ( v 2.0 ) , as he should have been done, as well as the self evasive humor.

So now what ? Just repeating what they did the first time will seem lame, but then they can't go full 'serious' like and make it like any other movie.

Hell, as long as they have fun and all, I think it'll do just fine.

Saw a trailer at the theater. Looks like more of the original, successfully. Self-depricates pokes, insulting the scriptwriters, seems like they made good.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, March 22, 2018 8:54 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!



NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, March 23, 2018 5:43 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


I read online that at a recent screening the audience went bananas, and it got high marks on exit questionaires. Plus, after the screening they only had 5 reshoots.

That, to me, is encouraging.


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by JEWELSTAITEFAN:
Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:

So Josh Brolin is cast as Cable.

Not up on the whole Cable back story, save for what I see on YouTube and such.

I'm a bit hesitant on the sequel. I mean , how does one follow up a insanely successful 1st movie ? There's a formula there which nailed the perfect balance of being campy, funny, and still worth seeing the story unfold. Much of the appeal, imo, was the introduction of Deadpool ( v 2.0 ) , as he should have been done, as well as the self evasive humor.

So now what ? Just repeating what they did the first time will seem lame, but then they can't go full 'serious' like and make it like any other movie.

Hell, as long as they have fun and all, I think it'll do just fine.

Saw a trailer at the theater. Looks like more of the original, successfully. Self-depricates pokes, insulting the scriptwriters, seems like they made good.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, March 23, 2018 5:45 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


Thanks for posting the trailer Rappy.


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, March 23, 2018 7:28 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


I think I'm more stoked for DP 2 than Avengers: Infinity.

Yeah. I just said that.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, March 23, 2018 11:24 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:
I think I'm more stoked for DP 2 than Avengers: Infinity.

Yeah. I just said that.

Was the first abbreviated DP?

Although Ryan was pegged, seems like Morena would be the most likely target of DP. I don't recall Registered Companions sharing that action.




Jeezzzz. This thread is more than a year old already?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, March 24, 2018 8:45 AM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


JSF - I reread your post 2x, and for the life of me, I have no idea what you're trying go say.

Deadpool 2 comes out in May. Shortly after Avengers: Infinity War. A little more than a month away. I can't wait.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, March 24, 2018 3:36 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:
JSF - I reread your post 2x, and for the life of me, I have no idea what you're trying go say.

Deadpool 2 comes out in May. Shortly after Avengers: Infinity War. A little more than a month away. I can't wait.

I've probably been watching too much late night talkshows. DP is a sex act.

Select to view spoiler:


double penetration. In the sex montage, Ryan received Morena's strap-on, which gays call "pegged"


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, March 24, 2018 3:51 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!




Keeping in the theme of the THREAD, I figured the context and all would be clear enough... I was wrong.

You must really get a giggle out of those facial recognition ads for iPhone, huh ?

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, April 6, 2018 7:56 AM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Pretty amazed to see a fairly uncut version of Deadpool airing on FX. First showed up this week, leading into the season 2 premier of LEGION. What took me aback is how much language, violence and yes, even bum shots of Ryan Reynolds made it to screen. I didn't see his and Morena's sexy calendar girl montage, but just about everything else was left in.


And then it was reshown on Thurs nite too. Love that flick.


NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, April 6, 2018 2:04 PM

JEWELSTAITEFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:
Keeping in the theme of the THREAD, I figured the context and all would be clear enough... I was wrong.

You must really get a giggle out of those facial recognition ads for iPhone, huh ?

I did understand that you had referred to the thread topic.
But, as an aside, I wondered if that abbreviation had been used for the original. I had not recalled that, but it's not like the film shied away from sex topics.

I don't know what iFruit ads you speak of.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, April 6, 2018 3:00 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:


Keeping in the theme of the THREAD, I figured the context and all would be clear enough... I was wrong.

You must really get a giggle out of those facial recognition ads for iPhone, huh ?



This is digital blackface.



Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, April 7, 2018 11:05 AM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


But that's just me ! Really, honest.




Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen

I'm just a red pill guy in a room full of blue pill addicts.

" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
The Last Jedi Discussion
Wed, April 18, 2018 00:23 - 45 posts
What Are Your Favorite Films Based on Actual Events?
Tue, April 17, 2018 22:43 - 36 posts
A Quiet Place
Tue, April 17, 2018 05:04 - 5 posts
What Are Your Must-See Films For 2018?
Tue, April 17, 2018 04:17 - 88 posts
Star Wars: Rogue One
Sat, April 14, 2018 01:12 - 54 posts
Wind River
Thu, April 12, 2018 03:43 - 53 posts
DeadPool 2 - Shoutout to Firefly
Sat, April 7, 2018 11:05 - 25 posts
Annihilation
Fri, April 6, 2018 00:55 - 30 posts
Tomb Raider 2018
Thu, April 5, 2018 00:15 - 8 posts
Ready Player One!
Wed, April 4, 2018 23:39 - 19 posts
Captain America - Civil War
Mon, March 26, 2018 18:56 - 34 posts
Quentin Tarentino Taking Over Star Trek?
Tue, March 20, 2018 22:09 - 6 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL