OTHER SCIENCE FICTION SERIES

Who here would be up for another Indiana Jones flick?

POSTED BY: CHRISISALL
UPDATED: Wednesday, March 16, 2016 22:04
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 2217
PAGE 1 of 1

Friday, February 5, 2010 7:28 PM

CHRISISALL

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 5, 2010 7:47 PM

BYTEMITE


...? I... Guess? It's really starting to feel like it's outlived it's run. I mean, they're still enjoyable, and I'm sure they can easily figure out new bizarre supernatural forces to have behind everything for a big reveal at the end, but that doesn't necessarily mean they SHOULD.

It's probably time for Harrison Ford to start to take up the role of narrator for a younger him, or stay at home mentor for Mud. I'm surprised he didn't get injured while they were filming the last movie.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 5, 2010 7:57 PM

CHRISISALL


I love the character of Indy SO much that I want it to go on and on...
But like the Bond movies, a transition must happen, sadly.

One more for Ford, then Nathan Fillion takes over, would that be cool or what???

Mal or Indy- Nathan is destined for cinematic historical greatness, dong ma?


The laughing Chrisisall

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 5, 2010 8:00 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Yep, had to be Chris. ( Hardly even a challenge any more in guessing ) ...


Well, the last one was so horrid and ridiculous, why not ?

I mean, all of Indy's side kicks are either dead or not so well preserved ( My childhood image of Karen Allen has been forever altered ) things can't get much worse, can they ?



The T.Rex they call JANE!


NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 5, 2010 8:06 PM

KWICKO

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false." -- William Casey, Reagan's presidential campaign manager & CIA Director (from first staff meeting in 1981)


Why not? They've already done three horrific sequels; I don't see where one more could hurt the franchise. It's like Star Wars - no matter how much they abuse us with really truly awful dreck for movies, we still keep coming back for more...



Mike

Work is the curse of the Drinking Class.
- Oscar Wilde

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 5, 2010 8:11 PM

CHRISISALL


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:


Well, the last one was so horrid and ridiculous, why not ?

LOL, how so? Based on reviews to tell you how to perceive it?
Punk.
Quote:



not so well preserved ( My childhood image of Karen Allen has been forever altered ) things can't get much worse, can they ?



Child.
Things change.
In your next life you need to be aware of this.
OR... you'll be back sucking up to the familiar status quo yet again.


The laughing Chrisisall

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 5, 2010 8:14 PM

CHRISISALL


Quote:

Originally posted by Kwicko:
Why not? They've already done three horrific sequels

Responding to you is no fun! No fun!


The Shortie Chrisisall

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 5, 2010 8:23 PM

RAHLMACLAREN

"Damn yokels, can't even tell a transport ship ain't got no guns on it." - Jayne Cobb


The Last Crusade was horrific???

*wonders about Kwicko's mental stability*

Yes, more Indy, with Nathan. I think we all want to see Mal punch out a nazi.

But Spielberg better not hold back any complaints about Luca's story ideas, like he did with "4". I mean, "...space between spaces."? What?


--------------------------------------------------
Find here the Serenity you seek. -Tara Maclay

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 5, 2010 8:30 PM

CHRISISALL


Quote:

Originally posted by RahlMaclaren:
I mean, "...space between spaces."? What?


Clearly you do not subscribe to string theory.
That's cool.


The inter-dimensional Chrisisall

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 5, 2010 8:34 PM

CHRISISALL


Quote:

Originally posted by RahlMaclaren:
The Last Crusade was horrific???



"From a certain point of view..."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 5, 2010 9:17 PM

RAHLMACLAREN

"Damn yokels, can't even tell a transport ship ain't got no guns on it." - Jayne Cobb


Quote:

Originally posted by chrisisall:
Quote:

Originally posted by RahlMaclaren:
I mean, "...space between spaces."? What?


Clearly you do not subscribe to string theory.
That's cool.


The inter-dimensional Chrisisall



How can there be space inside the space, when there's already space there?

Hold on, lemme do the math here -- nothin' into nothin', carry the nothin'...

*brain hurts*

I guess, I'm just old school.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_exclusion_principle

If two objects can't occupy the same space at the same time, how can two different spaces?

If space is all the same (nothin'), wouldn't they just join together like drops of water? (Dude, that's deep)

We've got enough in this universe to worry about, let alone an infinite number (or 11) other ones.

Oh, hell, why not. Bring 'em on!


--------------------------------------------------
Find here the Serenity you seek. -Tara Maclay

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 6, 2010 2:24 AM

LWAVES


No they should definitely not do another one, but I'm sure they will as the last one made a bucket load of money. They shouldn't have done the last one or least they should have done it many years earlier when the cast was younger and they had a different script.

I would settle for a reboot/re-imagining with Nathan as a younger Indy.

But we have no worries. Ford said in the interview that he and Spielberg are just waiting for Lucas to get a script together that they can all agree on. Seeing how long the last one took to be agreed on I think you all may have a long, long wait.

I understand that the 4th film has it's fans but this is one series that will forever remain a trilogy for me.



"I don't believe in suicide, but if you'd like to try it it might cheer me up to watch."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 6, 2010 3:55 AM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Quote:

Originally posted by chrisisall:LOL, how so? Based on reviews to tell you how to perceive it?
Punk.



Nay, not the reviews, I saw it my own self. It WAS horrid.

Quote:


Child.
Things change.
In your next life you need to be aware of this.
OR... you'll be back sucking up to the familiar status quo yet again.




Some things ought not be tampered with. After 20 years, the Simpson kids are still the same age...they're ageless. So should it be for Marion Ravenwood!



The T.Rex they call JANE!


NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 6, 2010 4:06 AM

DAVESHAYNE


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:

Nay, not the reviews, I saw it my own self. It WAS horrid.



It wasn't really horrid. Better than Temple. Not as good as Crusade. None of them hold a candle to Raiders. Skull's primary flaw was the pacing. The pacing and that mind numbingly stupid refrigerator bit.

I'd see another Indiana Jones movie but it would have to have Nazis in it. Indy doesn't really work without cartoon Nazi thugs to kick around.

David

'Begone, sugar-free candy antichrist!' - Nathan Rabin.

'Geeks can't admit that anything worthwhile was invented before 1981. Soon, "making cocoa" will be called "milk hacking."' - Lore Sjoberg

http://xkcd.com/386/

"Don't worry. Captain Hammer will save us." - Penny.

I has myspace - http://www.myspace.com/daveshayneforpresident

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 6, 2010 4:07 AM

THESOMNAMBULIST


Yup. I'm up for another one. I like the idea of following an older hero for a change...

There are enough younger action stars out there making their own brand of adventure films... And they're nothing like the quality of the Indy flicks. If one can come along and put up a good enough challenge to Indiana Jones then fine - Indy should stand aside. However until that day - long live Indy.





NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 6, 2010 5:20 AM

CYBERSNARK


The last one was kinda a "passing of the torch" story; I can see Mutt and Indy working together as Mutt takes on more and more of the adventuring (but not all; Indy's not quite done yet).

And the change in tone is inevitable; they're into the Cold War now. 1950s B-movies. The days of 1920s adventure serials are over --the only way to go back to the "cartoon Nazis" would be with a prequel or reboot, and, as much as I love Nathan, Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones.

-----
We applied the cortical electrodes but were unable to get a neural reaction from either patient.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 6, 2010 5:58 AM

CHRISISALL


Quote:

Originally posted by TheSomnambulist:
If one can come along and put up a good enough challenge to Indiana Jones then fine



Rick O'connell in the Mummy films?

Nah... not the same calibur IMO.


The laughing Chrisisall

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 6, 2010 7:28 AM

OPPYH


Kingdom of the Crystal Skull would have been fine...if not for Shia Lebouf.

His acting was horrendous.

That being said, yes I'm down for another sequel. As long as George Lucas stays away from it.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 6, 2010 7:36 AM

CHRISISALL


Quote:

Originally posted by OPPYH:
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull would have been fine...if not for Shia Lebouf.

His acting was horrendous.


I'm not his biggest fan, but I actually liked him in Crystal Skull. Go figure.


The laughing Chrisisall

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 6, 2010 12:50 PM

THESOMNAMBULIST


Bytemite:

Quote:

It's probably time for Harrison Ford to start to take up the role of narrator for a younger him, or stay at home mentor for Mud. I'm surprised he didn't get injured while they were filming the last movie.


Ironic you should say that, as Harrison actually injured himself on the first film. To such an extent that Spielberg and Lucas were thinking they might have to replace him.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 6, 2010 2:17 PM

CHRISISALL


& threw his back out during the second...


The laughing Chrisisall

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 6, 2010 3:18 PM

NAVYSEILS


Quote:

Originally posted by chrisisall:

One more for Ford, then Nathan Fillion takes over, would that be cool or what???

Mal or Indy- Nathan is destined for cinematic historical greatness, dong ma?



When I saw this it got me thinking of a character who could definitely give indy a run for his money, Mr Nathan Drake from the Uncharted series of games on PS3. I always thought of him as almost being what indy would be had he been played by Fillion rather than Ford. I'm sure I read someplace that the developers were fans of Firefly, and Fillion did influence them a little.

As for the original question of who'd be up for more films? I would. I liked the last one. It was maybe not as good as previous ones, but still fun.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 6, 2010 3:31 PM

CHRISISALL


Quote:

Originally posted by Navyseils:

As for the original question of who'd be up for more films? I would. I liked the last one. It was maybe not as good as previous ones, but still fun.

THANK YOU!!! That's all I want from an Indy flick! And I don't care what 'Rapticus says, I *loved* seeing Marion again!


The laughing Chrisisall

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 3:31 PM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


It will really happen, but you'll wait until Summer 2019:

www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-announces-fifth-indiana-jones-87
5794


Disney Announces Fifth 'Indiana Jones' Movie
Pamela McClintock

10:35 AM PDT 3/15/2016 by Pamela McClintock

The tentpole will hit theaters in summer 2019.

Indiana Jones is swinging back into theaters.

Steven Spielberg will direct Harrison Ford in the untitled fifth installment in the action-adventure franchise, which will open July 19, 2019, Disney announced Tuesday.

“Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019,” said Disney chairman Alan Horn. “It’s rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn’t be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven.”

Franchise veterans Kathleen Kennedy — who now is president of Lucasfilms, home of the series — and Frank Marshall will produce. The married duo are intimately involved with Indiana Jones; Kennedy worked on the original Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) as an associate to Spielberg, while Marshall was the producer. Both were involved with the next three films, all of which Spielberg directed.

The effort to restore the classic franchise to its former glory comes as Kennedy and Disney bask in the success of the blockbuster revival, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, while Marshall and Universal also enjoyed success with last year's other blockbuster revival Jurassic World.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, the last film in the Indiana Jones series, opened in 2008 and starred Ford opposite Shia LaBeouf, to whom the producers look to pass the baton, but that mission failed.

While Marshall and Kennedy have made it clear in recent months that there is only one Indiana Jones for now — Harrison Ford — the fifth installment will likely expand the storyline to include younger actors.

Ford reprised his other signature role of Han Solo in Force Awakens in what turned out to be a huge boost for that film, directed by J.J. Abrams.

"We're all trying to figure out when the right time is to step back in. Harrison really wants to do it; Steven really wants to do it. We've kicked around a couple of story ideas, but beyond that, I don't know yet. I think there will be one, we'll certainly move forward with Indy. But right now, everybody's just focused on Star Wars," Kennedy said in an interview with THR last year.

Disney and Paramount reached an agreement in 2013 giving Disney control over all future films. Paramount retains rights to the first four films and will receive a financial participation on any future films that are produced and released.

This will be the first Indiana Jones movie that does not include George Lucas' participation. Lucas and Spielberg famously hatched the idea for the series while vacationing in Hawaii after the release of the first Star Wars movie, and Lucas served as executive producer of films in the series. In 2012, Lucas sold Lucasfilm, which holds the rights to Indiana Jones, to Disney.

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 3:39 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


As long as George Lucas doesn't write it. Loved the first and third films, not so much 2 and 4. Perhaps Nathan can be his cousin or something, and then he takes over the franchise, of course with his sidekick Wash - Alan Tudyk. See what I did there!


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by second:
It will really happen, but you'll wait until Summer 2019:

www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-announces-fifth-indiana-jones-87
5794


Disney Announces Fifth 'Indiana Jones' Movie
Pamela McClintock

10:35 AM PDT 3/15/2016 by Pamela McClintock

The tentpole will hit theaters in summer 2019.

Indiana Jones is swinging back into theaters.

Steven Spielberg will direct Harrison Ford in the untitled fifth installment in the action-adventure franchise, which will open July 19, 2019, Disney announced Tuesday.

“Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019,” said Disney chairman Alan Horn. “It’s rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn’t be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven.”

Franchise veterans Kathleen Kennedy — who now is president of Lucasfilms, home of the series — and Frank Marshall will produce. The married duo are intimately involved with Indiana Jones; Kennedy worked on the original Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) as an associate to Spielberg, while Marshall was the producer. Both were involved with the next three films, all of which Spielberg directed.

The effort to restore the classic franchise to its former glory comes as Kennedy and Disney bask in the success of the blockbuster revival, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, while Marshall and Universal also enjoyed success with last year's other blockbuster revival Jurassic World.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, the last film in the Indiana Jones series, opened in 2008 and starred Ford opposite Shia LaBeouf, to whom the producers look to pass the baton, but that mission failed.

While Marshall and Kennedy have made it clear in recent months that there is only one Indiana Jones for now — Harrison Ford — the fifth installment will likely expand the storyline to include younger actors.

Ford reprised his other signature role of Han Solo in Force Awakens in what turned out to be a huge boost for that film, directed by J.J. Abrams.

"We're all trying to figure out when the right time is to step back in. Harrison really wants to do it; Steven really wants to do it. We've kicked around a couple of story ideas, but beyond that, I don't know yet. I think there will be one, we'll certainly move forward with Indy. But right now, everybody's just focused on Star Wars," Kennedy said in an interview with THR last year.

Disney and Paramount reached an agreement in 2013 giving Disney control over all future films. Paramount retains rights to the first four films and will receive a financial participation on any future films that are produced and released.

This will be the first Indiana Jones movie that does not include George Lucas' participation. Lucas and Spielberg famously hatched the idea for the series while vacationing in Hawaii after the release of the first Star Wars movie, and Lucas served as executive producer of films in the series. In 2012, Lucas sold Lucasfilm, which holds the rights to Indiana Jones, to Disney.

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 9:01 AM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


Quote:

Originally posted by SHINYGOODGUY:
As long as George Lucas doesn't write it. Loved the first and third films, not so much 2 and 4.

After a perfectly good script was finished, George Lucas decided he needed Indy's illegitimate son, Shia LaBeouf, added to Indy 4. So Lucas drops the script for The City of the Gods into the trashcan and hires a second writer to produce The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

You can read the good script that Lucas would not accept:
www.theraider.net/films/indy4/multimedia/cityofthegods.pdf

If you want to know why the rejected script was good:
http://mysterymanonfilm.blogspot.com/2008/06/50-strengths-of-darabonts
-draft.html


If you want to know what George Lucas did that showed terrible judgment, there is an analysis of the script George mistakenly thought was better than the first script:
http://mysterymanonfilm.blogspot.com/2008/05/50-flaws-of-indy-iv.html

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 6:14 PM

WHOZIT


"Crystal Skull" made my eyes itch, so no.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 10:04 PM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


Quote:

Originally posted by whozit:
"Crystal Skull" made my eyes itch, so no.

The Chase - We get such sights as two dueling all-wheel drive vehicles racing down parallel roads. Why are there parallel roads in a rain forest? Actually, there shouldn't have been ANY roads because the sequence began with that monster Russian bulldozer cutting its way through virgin rain forest and making a new road for the convoy behind it. After Indy blew up the monster bulldozer, they should've been on foot or turned the trucks around and raced back the way they came. There was no road ahead because Indy destroyed the 'dozer!

"Never mind logic; its just a movie," George Lucas would say. Except the chase scenes in George's better movies, like Raiders of the Lost Ark, do make good sense.




The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
"The Orville" new SciFi on FOX
Tue, September 19, 2017 22:32 - 30 posts
Jewel Staite's new work
Sun, September 17, 2017 02:32 - 26 posts
I actually miss SG-1
Fri, September 15, 2017 07:11 - 18 posts
Are There New TV Shows This Fall You Must See?
Thu, September 14, 2017 22:22 - 15 posts
Hooten and The Lady
Mon, September 11, 2017 21:41 - 16 posts
Anyone else watching "The Last Ship" on TNT?
Sat, September 9, 2017 23:57 - 79 posts
Gal Gadot Cast as Wonder Woman!
Sat, September 9, 2017 19:11 - 39 posts
Wonder Woman 2017
Mon, August 28, 2017 20:03 - 4 posts
STAR TREK: The reboot on CBS
Mon, August 21, 2017 04:00 - 28 posts
Orphan Black
Sun, August 13, 2017 11:56 - 11 posts
The Flash, Iron Fist, Legion...we have truly entered the era of comic book tv
Sun, August 6, 2017 22:24 - 17 posts
Doctor Who - Peter Capaldi's exit
Sat, August 5, 2017 08:12 - 19 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL