REAL WORLD EVENT DISCUSSIONS

In the garden, and RAIN!!!!

POSTED BY: SIGNYM
UPDATED: Saturday, July 2, 2022 16:45
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 477277
PAGE 208 of 215

Sunday, May 15, 2022 10:49 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Pulled all the weeds that got out of control during the cold/rainy weather, while I was sick and while I was spending all the time on the car.

Didn't have enough time to drop the bug poison with the spreader, but I at least got the perimeter of the house and garage sprayed. Busy week coming up, so that will buy me some time until I can get the proper poison down.

TONS of ants this year, it seems. Not in my house, but on the perimeter. At least it appears that the mole didn't come back though. I won't be sure until I do some real poking around the foundation, but nothing glaring on the surface anyhow.

Shame on me for not getting around to all of this until now. I've got to have all the poison dropped by mid April or I'm really playing catch up.

--------------------------------------------------

Me: "Remember Covid?"

Useless Idiots: "What's Covid, durr? Russia, Ukraine, Putin, NATO *drool*. DURRRR!!!!"



Careful with the poison and I hope you don't have any moles around your house or in your yard.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, May 16, 2022 1:09 PM

BRENDA


Dry today it seems for my walk.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, May 16, 2022 4:37 PM

BRENDA


Back from my walk and some chicken legs slow cooking with mushrooms and tomato sauce.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, May 16, 2022 5:14 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Back from my walk and some chicken legs slow cooking with mushrooms and tomato sauce.



Yum!!

Can I come over for dinner?


-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, May 16, 2022 11:45 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by SignyM:
Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Back from my walk and some chicken legs slow cooking with mushrooms and tomato sauce.



Yum!!

Can I come over for dinner?


-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake




You could have but it would be one heck of a drive.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, May 16, 2022 11:47 PM

BRENDA


Well, it looks like May is shaping up to be as soggy as April was. Yesterday was 9th wettest Sunday on record for my corner of BC. Fruit crops in the valley are 3 weeks behind because of all the wet. They should be to market by now.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 4:16 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Quote:

Originally posted by SignyM:
Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Back from my walk and some chicken legs slow cooking with mushrooms and tomato sauce.



Yum!!

Can I come over for dinner?


-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake




You could have but it would be one heck of a drive.



-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 4:23 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Well, it looks like May is shaping up to be as soggy as April was. Yesterday was 9th wettest Sunday on record for my corner of BC. Fruit crops in the valley are 3 weeks behind because of all the wet. They should be to market by now.


I'm glad you're in a suitable home. I imagine what this spring would have been like in that basement room.

Do you suppose you'll get any more mudslides like the one that took out a major railway? I hope not!

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 7:27 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by SignyM:
Same here! But... when were you sick? Seems like you've been out and about helping lots of people, not really slowing down all that much!



I got pretty sick a few weeks ago. It was like a flu, but I only had a fever one night instead of about 3 days. Knocked me on my ass for 3 days anyhow though, and still wasn't feeling good for about a full week. I think I brought it up maybe one time in here after I was feeling better.

No. I haven't slowed down too much since.

Quote:

Today was still a little warmish so I spent a few hours getting all the film recycling ready, sorting mail, disposing/recycling boxes/packages. That's dear daughter's job but she's been slipping on that. The house looks a lot tidier now, that's a plus.

Tomorrow and for the rest of the week I'm going to weed-whack the front yard. I won't get veggies in until June. That's the latest I've ever planted, but ... it is what it is. I can't make it go faster or turn back the clock! Just move forward and see how it turns out.

Hope your Sunday was enjoyable.



Sounds like you've been productive. You'll plant a bigger garden next year.

Mostly work on Sunday, but I find pulling weeds to be strangely enjoyable. Not that I'd want to do it every day, but as a chore it's one I'd much rather be doing than say cleaning the bathroom.





Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Careful with the poison and I hope you don't have any moles around your house or in your yard.



I try to be and yes, I hope so too!!!

--------------------------------------------------

Me: "Remember Covid?"

Useless Idiots: "What's Covid, durr? Russia, Ukraine, Putin, NATO *drool*. DURRRR!!!!"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 1:16 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by SignyM:
Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Well, it looks like May is shaping up to be as soggy as April was. Yesterday was 9th wettest Sunday on record for my corner of BC. Fruit crops in the valley are 3 weeks behind because of all the wet. They should be to market by now.


I'm glad you're in a suitable home. I imagine what this spring would have been like in that basement room.

Do you suppose you'll get any more mudslides like the one that took out a major railway? I hope not!

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake




So am I. It would have been very, very cold in that place with a side order of me being sick.

Local environment offices are starting to watch the rivers and the community of Sicamus has been on evacuation alert in case of a mudslide for a while. They just hope it doesn't happen. Their worries have been caused by the wildfires last year destroying trees and top soil.

It is all a matter of wait and see.

Sunday saw my area get between 44 to 55mm of rain. That is a lot.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 1:19 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Quote:

Originally posted by SignyM:
Same here! But... when were you sick? Seems like you've been out and about helping lots of people, not really slowing down all that much!



I got pretty sick a few weeks ago. It was like a flu, but I only had a fever one night instead of about 3 days. Knocked me on my ass for 3 days anyhow though, and still wasn't feeling good for about a full week. I think I brought it up maybe one time in here after I was feeling better.

No. I haven't slowed down too much since.

Quote:

Today was still a little warmish so I spent a few hours getting all the film recycling ready, sorting mail, disposing/recycling boxes/packages. That's dear daughter's job but she's been slipping on that. The house looks a lot tidier now, that's a plus.

Tomorrow and for the rest of the week I'm going to weed-whack the front yard. I won't get veggies in until June. That's the latest I've ever planted, but ... it is what it is. I can't make it go faster or turn back the clock! Just move forward and see how it turns out.

Hope your Sunday was enjoyable.



Sounds like you've been productive. You'll plant a bigger garden next year.

Mostly work on Sunday, but I find pulling weeds to be strangely enjoyable. Not that I'd want to do it every day, but as a chore it's one I'd much rather be doing than say cleaning the bathroom.





Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Careful with the poison and I hope you don't have any moles around your house or in your yard.



I try to be and yes, I hope so too!!!

--------------------------------------------------

Me: "Remember Covid?"

Useless Idiots: "What's Covid, durr? Russia, Ukraine, Putin, NATO *drool*. DURRRR!!!!"




Good. You don't need to wind up in the hospital because you've inhaled that stuff too much.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 1:20 PM

BRENDA


Dry here right now for my walk but weather icon keeps showing that a storm is brewing. Weather people are calling for more rain tomorrow. Have to see if it happens.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 4:43 PM

BRENDA


Back and in. Just waiting to see what happens with this storm that's coming.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 9:27 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Good. You don't need to wind up in the hospital because you've inhaled that stuff too much.



I've never immediately felt sick after using any poisons or other potentially hazardous materials while working, but I think that stuff just tends to add up little by little over the decades.

No worries on the sprayer though. It's a really good one that lets me stand really far away and still get where I want to go and I make sure to not be down wind if it's windy.



Storms coming your way too, huh Brenda? I think we're in for some decent rain tonight and tomorrow morning by me too.



I'm still going to write a proper reply to your last post when I get more time. Haven't forgotten.



--------------------------------------------------

Me: "Remember Covid?"

Useless Idiots: "What's Covid, durr? Russia, Ukraine, Putin, NATO *drool*. DURRRR!!!!"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 11:57 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Good. You don't need to wind up in the hospital because you've inhaled that stuff too much.



I've never immediately felt sick after using any poisons or other potentially hazardous materials while working, but I think that stuff just tends to add up little by little over the decades.

No worries on the sprayer though. It's a really good one that lets me stand really far away and still get where I want to go and I make sure to not be down wind if it's windy.



Storms coming your way too, huh Brenda? I think we're in for some decent rain tonight and tomorrow morning by me too.



I'm still going to write a proper reply to your last post when I get more time. Haven't forgotten.



--------------------------------------------------

Me: "Remember Covid?"

Useless Idiots: "What's Covid, durr? Russia, Ukraine, Putin, NATO *drool*. DURRRR!!!!"



Toxic build up can depend I think on the length of time and what the poison is.

But I'm glad you are being safe.

Yeah, suppose to start raining over night and then some heavy winds. Might here of some ferries being cancelled over to Vancouver Island because of the wind.

Stay dry then. I'll need my umbrella I think tomorrow.

No worries. That was a long reply.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, May 18, 2022 3:07 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Quote:

Originally posted by SignyM:
Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Well, it looks like May is shaping up to be as soggy as April was. Yesterday was 9th wettest Sunday on record for my corner of BC. Fruit crops in the valley are 3 weeks behind because of all the wet. They should be to market by now.


I'm glad you're in a suitable home. I imagine what this spring would have been like in that basement room.

Do you suppose you'll get any more mudslides like the one that took out a major railway? I hope not!

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake




So am I. It would have been very, very cold in that place with a side order of me being sick.

Local environment offices are starting to watch the rivers and the community of Sicamus has been on evacuation alert in case of a mudslide for a while. They just hope it doesn't happen. Their worries have been caused by the wildfires last year destroying trees and top soil.

It is all a matter of wait and see.

Sunday saw my area get between 44 to 55mm of rain. That is a lot.

Yes, that IS a lot of rain! When we get that much rain all at once, people on hillsides start looking nervously upslope. Damn, but this has been a wet spring for you!

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, May 18, 2022 1:24 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Quote:

Originally posted by SignyM:
Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Well, it looks like May is shaping up to be as soggy as April was. Yesterday was 9th wettest Sunday on record for my corner of BC. Fruit crops in the valley are 3 weeks behind because of all the wet. They should be to market by now.


I'm glad you're in a suitable home. I imagine what this spring would have been like in that basement room.

Do you suppose you'll get any more mudslides like the one that took out a major railway? I hope not!

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake




So am I. It would have been very, very cold in that place with a side order of me being sick.

Local environment offices are starting to watch the rivers and the community of Sicamus has been on evacuation alert in case of a mudslide for a while. They just hope it doesn't happen. Their worries have been caused by the wildfires last year destroying trees and top soil.

It is all a matter of wait and see.

Sunday saw my area get between 44 to 55mm of rain. That is a lot.

Yes, that IS a lot of rain! When we get that much rain all at once, people on hillsides start looking nervously upslope. Damn, but this has been a wet spring for you!

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake




Yes, it is. Have to see what or if any damage was done from the storm that should have happened last night. I know Vancouver Island was going to get hit with it. My area from what I can see is okay. Have to see what the news says tonight.

We've still got snow up in the mountains and that is the big worry with June coming. If it warms up quickly there could be heavy flooding in certain areas with all the melting.

As I said it is just wait and see what mother nature does.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, May 18, 2022 1:24 PM

BRENDA


Out for my walk in the dry in a bit here.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, May 18, 2022 4:44 PM

BRENDA


There's a bit of wind when I came back but the sun is still out. Suppose to be dry for tomorrow.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, May 18, 2022 9:59 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


I'd hate to jinx myself, but we've been fairly lucky with the rainfall so far this year.

Even though there were 40 days there where we only saw the sun one day, and it did rain quite a bit so far this spring, we haven't had any monster 12" storms like we had 2 and 3 years ago, and only one where it was over 3" in a day.

But we have gotten enough where my lawn doesn't look awful like it did last year after getting less than average, and it's been spread out enough where there hasn't been any problems caused by it, at least so far.


What I'd really like though?

How about a day or two where the sun is out and it's not 80 or 90 degrees, please?

It rained all day today and it will dip back into the low 50's for the second night in a row, but the next two days are bright and sunny with highs in the high 80s.



--------------------------------------------------

Me: "Remember Covid?"

Useless Idiots: "What's Covid, durr? Russia, Ukraine, Putin, NATO *drool*. DURRRR!!!!"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, May 18, 2022 11:58 PM

BRENDA


The wind storm that went through BC managed to do most of its damage on Vancouver Island. Power and trees down. People up in Sechelt still don't have power and not until tomorrow at least. Hydro is working on all of it.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, May 19, 2022 12:00 AM

BRENDA


Off to mah jong in the morning then returning "The Suicide Squad" to the library. This is the version with Nathan in it. Strange character his and I don't think I like this version any better than the other one.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, May 19, 2022 4:50 PM

BRENDA


Back from mah jong and I just managed to get my $2 back today. Though I did get over 1,000points. Something I couldn't do last week.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, May 19, 2022 10:12 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Okay Brenda... I think I have a few minutes now. I'm going to at least start the reply although by the time I finish post it might be quite a while after I started it.



Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Looking at the lack of Indian presence it was intentional. They wanted to focus on the town itself. So any mention of Indians was background. The thing I come back to is those "Hills" they keep talking about are the Black Hills. Well known Dakota territory even back then. Which brings me back to the army again. It wasn't just the settlers coming into the territories at that time that wanted the army. The prospectors wanted the army too. Especially to save their hides when they ticked off the local Native populations. Well, by then the Natives were well acquainted with whiskey, so it is possible that some were so addicted that they could have hung out on the fringes looking to buy or trade for a bottle or two. But yes, most would have stayed away from a place like Deadwood, I think.



Well at least they threw in some actual things to make it somewhat historically accurate. I'm sure like anything else they took quite a few liberties for dramatic effect if nothing else.

I think there were probably a lot of people in places like Deadwood that would have loved to have the army about and were thrilled that somebody like Bullock was around to at least give the pretense of some law and order. But I think aside from Doc and the priest and maybe a few other more minor characters the focus wasn't on any of the people who actually wanted any sort of "authority" horning in on their business and corruption. I'd bet that even if you asked Swerengen's whores if they wanted police there they'd say no.

Me personally, I'd like to fantasize that I would thrive in a place like Deadwood in a time long forgotten, but now that I'm in my 40's and getting older I don't think I'd be too keen on living in a lawless society anymore. That's the type of thing for true cut-throats who were hardened from decades of a tough life, or 20 somethings who are just starting that hard knock life. If the world as we know it falls apart and I were forced to live in a place like that I think I'd be able to adapt quickly and survive for at least a while until I got too tired and old to always be watching my back, but I'd never voluntarily do it anymore. Too many years of plentiful food and digital entertainment have made me too soft.



Quote:

Outside of the first season when the little girl that Mrs. Garret took in and in season 2 when the newspaper ran a story on the Little Big Horn there was nothing. The story just got Swearegen talking about Custer getting himself killed with a few curse words. And a few curse words in the first season too after the family of the girl was killed. I don't remember any Indians in the camp.


At first when you said you don't remember any Indians in the camp I thought that a bit weird that there wouldn't be any at all for diplomacy reasons, but then I thought about all that we've been talking about and even if somebody like Bullock thought that might be a good idea, Swerengen probably would have had one of his goons disappear them in the middle of the night and had fed them to the pigs. I'm acutally surprised that he got along with Wu, but as racist as he was I'm sure that Business trumped his racism.

Quote:

Personally, I think the doc and the minister were driven west trying to escape their own demons. I mean we saw how doc suffered from what today would be PTSD from the civil war and the minister may have started out west to want to convert the Indians but got stuck in Deadwood. Settlements of any kind in the old west took a lot of hard work and were usually started it seems to me by drifters or fur traders or once as I said gold was found prospectors.


Yeah. You're probably right about their reasons. And that's probably why they ended up in Deadwood. You can't ever escape your demons. No matter where you go, they're always there following you until you confront them.

Quote:

Actually, I agree with you on a prequel. That would be really interesting.


If done right, I think it would be great. I dont' watch much these days but I'd tune in for that. They'd have to have some amazing actors to fill in the shoes of the characters when they were younger though.

Quote:

It's okay. You went into the series not looking for that interaction while I went into it looking for that interaction just because it is the old west and territories. Western expansion was almost at its height during the late 1870s, as I also said the push to reservations was well on. Gold was being found, hence the push for statehood from South Dakota though I made a mistake about Montana. It too became a state in 1889 just a few days after South Dakota. Mine, the Cheyenne, Lakota, Dakota and Arapaho were all on reserve by then. My figuring makes my grandmother's birth year as 1885 because I was told that she was 18 when she married in 1903. But I'm not sure where that puts her in the birth order with her sisters and brother.


That really is cool that you can trace things back that far. I know almost nothing about my grandparents parents, and I honestly couldn't even tell you if they were the ones to get off the boat here first, or if one or more of them go back farther than that here in America.

Quote:

Well, in coming to the Americas manys an Irishman, woman and child didn't survive the boat trip. Those that made it here from all over the European world at the time if they didn't toughen up and learn wound up dead through their own mistakes or they tucked their tails between their legs and headed back for more civilized climates in the east.


Yeah. I can't even imagine how rough that would be. I've never sat down 250 miles away from any place I've ever sat in my life, let alone seen the ocean.

Quote:

Seth's character did have a deputy and he was called a deputy. I do believe it was Charlie Utter.


That's not who I was thinking about, but I forgot about Utter. I liked that old dude. But I was talking about the younger guy that was with Seth... at least in the beginning. Was he possibly Jewish too, or am I mistaken about that?

Quote:

Timothy's character did seem to exist in the middle of the chaos that went around him. From his hardware store to becoming Sheriff because he had some experience in that department.


Oh... so he had a store first. See... I've forgotten so much and filled in blanks I guess. I thought he was sent in by the Government or something.

Quote:

I've never played those kinds of video games. I stuck mostly to the simple ones and now with my seizure disorder those things aren't the greatest for me.


They've actually gotten MUCH better about the flashing in games due to seizure disorders. They didn't put any consideration into that at all until kids were having seizures from watching Japan's Pokemon cartoon in the 90's and that was a huge story. I've actually played some pretty great games that had awesome stories.

Quote:

Went into my library today to look for the first discs. No go, so I had a hold put on them. Not sure when I will get them as the librarian said there is a note saying they need to fixed. It doesn't say what the exact problem is with them. So it is wait and see. I should be able to puzzle out what is going on.


Good luck. I hope it fills in some blanks for you.

Quote:

It is the way of things medical wise in BC.

My left ear is the worst. You know a joke about a line on a piece of paper then it goes off the paper onto a table then off the table and on to the floor. That is the hearing in my left ear. Almost gone. The right has just started taking a dip in the last year or so. Nothing major.

Like I said he's new. So, I am trying to get a handle on dealing with him and the staff in his office. I can actually say that I miss my old doc.




Well I hope that once you adjust to the new way of things that you like your new doc just as much as your old one. More hopefully!



--------------------------------------------------

Me: "Remember Covid?"

Useless Idiots: "What's Covid, durr? Russia, Ukraine, Putin, NATO *drool*. DURRRR!!!!"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, May 20, 2022 12:12 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


I wish I knew what you were talked ng about. As it is, family seems to be stuck on British detective series.

But if you want to watch a quirky detective show, watch The Last Detective.

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE someone poor - William Blake


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, May 20, 2022 12:20 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


I love our daughter, I love our daughter.... sometimes I have to remind myself.

She does the grocery shopping, bless her heart. But she texts me every few minutes, so not only does hubby have to wait for her in the car while she shops, I ... literally... can't get anything done at my end either.

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE someone poor - William Blake


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, May 20, 2022 12:59 AM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Okay Brenda... I think I have a few minutes now. I'm going to at least start the reply although by the time I finish post it might be quite a while after I started it.



Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Looking at the lack of Indian presence it was intentional. They wanted to focus on the town itself. So any mention of Indians was background. The thing I come back to is those "Hills" they keep talking about are the Black Hills. Well known Dakota territory even back then. Which brings me back to the army again. It wasn't just the settlers coming into the territories at that time that wanted the army. The prospectors wanted the army too. Especially to save their hides when they ticked off the local Native populations. Well, by then the Natives were well acquainted with whiskey, so it is possible that some were so addicted that they could have hung out on the fringes looking to buy or trade for a bottle or two. But yes, most would have stayed away from a place like Deadwood, I think.



Quote:

Well at least they threw in some actual things to make it somewhat historically accurate. I'm sure like anything else they took quite a few liberties for dramatic effect if nothing else.

I think there were probably a lot of people in places like Deadwood that would have loved to have the army about and were thrilled that somebody like Bullock was around to at least give the pretense of some law and order. But I think aside from Doc and the priest and maybe a few other more minor characters the focus wasn't on any of the people who actually wanted any sort of "authority" horning in on their business and corruption. I'd bet that even if you asked Swerengen's whores if they wanted police there they'd say no.

Me personally, I'd like to fantasize that I would thrive in a place like Deadwood in a time long forgotten, but now that I'm in my 40's and getting older I don't think I'd be too keen on living in a lawless society anymore. That's the type of thing for true cut-throats who were hardened from decades of a tough life, or 20 somethings who are just starting that hard knock life. If the world as we know it falls apart and I were forced to live in a place like that I think I'd be able to adapt quickly and survive for at least a while until I got too tired and old to always be watching my back, but I'd never voluntarily do it anymore. Too many years of plentiful food and digital entertainment have made me too soft.




Yeah, there was an attempt at some historical accuracy.

You could see that from Swearegen's attitude when the officials from Yankton started coming to town and making noises about "civilizing" the camp. His whores would of but I bet behind his back they were glad for Bullock just incase.

Not sure how I would have faired that far back in time with my medical issues. Would definitely needed a doc more then.

Quote:

Outside of the first season when the little girl that Mrs. Garret took in and in season 2 when the newspaper ran a story on the Little Big Horn there was nothing. The story just got Swearegen talking about Custer getting himself killed with a few curse words. And a few curse words in the first season too after the family of the girl was killed. I don't remember any Indians in the camp.


Quote:

At first when you said you don't remember any Indians in the camp I thought that a bit weird that there wouldn't be any at all for diplomacy reasons, but then I thought about all that we've been talking about and even if somebody like Bullock thought that might be a good idea, Swerengen probably would have had one of his goons disappear them in the middle of the night and had fed them to the pigs. I'm acutally surprised that he got along with Wu, but as racist as he was I'm sure that Business trumped his racism.


The girl's family was killed by Indians and Bullock himself had a run in with them and was injured by them. He went out looking for the girl and her family. Think he killed them because they weren't brought back to the camp at least not that I remember. Knowing Swearegen, he probably would have. Worried that they may talk about his dealings with the Indians, if he had any. It seemed to be mostly business with Wu and Wu also tolerated Swearegen enough to stay out of his business.

Quote:

Personally, I think the doc and the minister were driven west trying to escape their own demons. I mean we saw how doc suffered from what today would be PTSD from the civil war and the minister may have started out west to want to convert the Indians but got stuck in Deadwood. Settlements of any kind in the old west took a lot of hard work and were usually started it seems to me by drifters or fur traders or once as I said gold was found prospectors.


Quote:

Yeah. You're probably right about their reasons. And that's probably why they ended up in Deadwood. You can't ever escape your demons. No matter where you go, they're always there following you until you confront them.


Yeah. Just my guesses about them from what we saw of the characters. And a lot of clergy went west to convert the heathens. Hence the Indian boarding schools.


Quote:

Actually, I agree with you on a prequel. That would be really interesting.


Quote:

If done right, I think it would be great. I dont' watch much these days but I'd tune in for that. They'd have to have some amazing actors to fill in the shoes of the characters when they were younger though.


Good point. It would have to be really well written and acted.

Quote:

It's okay. You went into the series not looking for that interaction while I went into it looking for that interaction just because it is the old west and territories. Western expansion was almost at its height during the late 1870s, as I also said the push to reservations was well on. Gold was being found, hence the push for statehood from South Dakota though I made a mistake about Montana. It too became a state in 1889 just a few days after South Dakota. Mine, the Cheyenne, Lakota, Dakota and Arapaho were all on reserve by then. My figuring makes my grandmother's birth year as 1885 because I was told that she was 18 when she married in 1903. But I'm not sure where that puts her in the birth order with her sisters and brother.


Quote:

That really is cool that you can trace things back that far. I know almost nothing about my grandparents parents, and I honestly couldn't even tell you if they were the ones to get off the boat here first, or if one or more of them go back farther than that here in America.


I can trace things so far back on my father's side in the US because his mother was half-Indian. And the fact that my family knows what her father did for a living. He was a fur trapper and was French Canadian. Hence both sides of my family being involved in the Civil war meaning my mom's and dad's. My dad and his brothers and sisters knew what territory she and her sisters and brother were born in. Her parents are buried somewhere in Montana. The rest is just history learned.

Quote:

Well, in coming to the Americas manys an Irishman, woman and child didn't survive the boat trip. Those that made it here from all over the European world at the time if they didn't toughen up and learn wound up dead through their own mistakes or they tucked their tails between their legs and headed back for more civilized climates in the east.


Quote:

Yeah. I can't even imagine how rough that would be. I've never sat down 250 miles away from any place I've ever sat in my life, let alone seen the ocean.


My mother's Irish family arrived in the US before the civil war on those boats. They made it as far as Minnesota and then farther west after the turn of the century. They fought for the Union and my French Canadian great grandfather fought for the Confederacy. The ocean is a beautiful thing whether you are just walking beside it like I have as a child, swam in it or taken a ferry. I've been to California as a teenager to visit family and Washington state as well as to Alberta.

Quote:

Seth's character did have a deputy and he was called a deputy. I do believe it was Charlie Utter.


Quote:

That's not who I was thinking about, but I forgot about Utter. I liked that old dude. But I was talking about the younger guy that was with Seth... at least in the beginning. Was he possibly Jewish too, or am I mistaken about that?


Sorry. I liked him too. I know who you mean now. Seth's partner Sol. He half owned the hardware store and got mixed up with the whore Trixie. He was Jewish.

Quote:

Timothy's character did seem to exist in the middle of the chaos that went around him. From his hardware store to becoming Sheriff because he had some experience in that department.


Quote:

Oh... so he had a store first. See... I've forgotten so much and filled in blanks I guess. I thought he was sent in by the Government or something.


Yup. He came out west to make a better life for himself and his family after the civil war.

Quote:

I've never played those kinds of video games. I stuck mostly to the simple ones and now with my seizure disorder those things aren't the greatest for me.


Quote:

They've actually gotten MUCH better about the flashing in games due to seizure disorders. They didn't put any consideration into that at all until kids were having seizures from watching Japan's Pokemon cartoon in the 90's and that was a huge story. I've actually played some pretty great games that had awesome stories.


You told me about that once and I had no idea. That's good to hear because the flashing over loads the brain and leads to seizures.

Quote:

Went into my library today to look for the first discs. No go, so I had a hold put on them. Not sure when I will get them as the librarian said there is a note saying they need to fixed. It doesn't say what the exact problem is with them. So it is wait and see. I should be able to puzzle out what is going on.


Quote:

Good luck. I hope it fills in some blanks for you.


Yeah, or I can take the first set out and the second set and watch them all in order.

Quote:

It is the way of things medical wise in BC.

My left ear is the worst. You know a joke about a line on a piece of paper then it goes off the paper onto a table then off the table and on to the floor. That is the hearing in my left ear. Almost gone. The right has just started taking a dip in the last year or so. Nothing major.

Like I said he's new. So, I am trying to get a handle on dealing with him and the staff in his office. I can actually say that I miss my old doc.




Quote:

Well I hope that once you adjust to the new way of things that you like your new doc just as much as your old one. More hopefully!




We shall see. I have my telephone appointment with him tomorrow morning. At least he won't be retiring on me. Young guy.

--------------------------------------------------

Me: "Remember Covid?"

Useless Idiots: "What's Covid, durr? Russia, Ukraine, Putin, NATO *drool*. DURRRR!!!!"


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, May 20, 2022 1:04 AM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by SignyM:
I wish I knew what you were talked ng about. As it is, family seems to be stuck on British detective series.

But if you want to watch a quirky detective show, watch The Last Detective.

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE someone poor - William Blake




I just finished watching a strange little thing that David Tennant did called "Deadwater Fell." It was sort of a crime drama that only ran 4 episodes.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, May 20, 2022 1:22 PM

BRENDA


Just sitting messing with this thing while I wait for my telephone appointment with my new doc. Still got about 20 minutes unless he calls early. Bright sunny day for my walk when I can finally get out.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, May 20, 2022 5:32 PM

BRENDA


Phone appointment went okay with new doc. Confirmed new prescription for meds and sent that through fax to pharmacy. Also found out I can go in a little earlier for my next thyroid check to synch up the renewal of my seizure meds to my thyroid.

Gorgeous day here today. First time this Spring I have worn a light jacket to go for my walk.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, May 20, 2022 11:42 PM

BRENDA


Ah joy. Dentist tomorrow and I have to go in a half hour earlier. But that's okay.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 21, 2022 10:29 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Glad to hear you finally got some sun there, Brenda.

Had a few days here finally, but it's cold and rainy again today. It will still be cool tomorrow, but hopefully the sun dries up some of that rain and I can give my lawn a good mowing that it desperately needs.

Sounds like the new doc is acceptable then?

--------------------------------------------------

Me: "Remember Covid?"

Useless Idiots: "What's Covid, durr? Russia, Ukraine, Putin, NATO *drool*. DURRRR!!!!"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 21, 2022 10:31 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Good haul at the thrift shop today. I actually thought I messed up and didn't go on the sale price day because usually it's a madhouse in there. Maybe nobody wanted to go out in the cold rain when it was so beautiful yesterday?

The jeans rack was pretty sparse, but I did manage to get a nice pair of Levis. They're a little long, but that's fine. Got that, 5 T-shirts and 2 belts for $20.



--------------------------------------------------

Me: "Remember Covid?"

Useless Idiots: "What's Covid, durr? Russia, Ukraine, Putin, NATO *drool*. DURRRR!!!!"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 21, 2022 12:22 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Glad to hear you finally got some sun there, Brenda.

Had a few days here finally, but it's cold and rainy again today. It will still be cool tomorrow, but hopefully the sun dries up some of that rain and I can give my lawn a good mowing that it desperately needs.

Sounds like the new doc is acceptable then?

--------------------------------------------------

Me: "Remember Covid?"

Useless Idiots: "What's Covid, durr? Russia, Ukraine, Putin, NATO *drool*. DURRRR!!!!"



Yup, nice for part of a long weekend up here.

Fingers crossed on the lawn mowing. I should be hearing more of that around me and when I am out walking if the dry holds more than 3 days.

He is but I'm still twitchy on his wanting to do other checks. Specially female type tests.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 21, 2022 12:25 PM

BRENDA


Out to the dentist after I finish my breakfast but I don't think I am wearing a jacket today. Might get a little too warm. Computer shows that we are sitting at 13C which is 56F and the weather news last night was saying my area should hit around 17C for today. And that would be the first time we have seen temps into the middle 60Fs.


ETA: The river watches have already started as the snowpack is quite heavy and not much has melted so far. Fingers crossed that when it does melt there isn't any major flooding up in the Interior.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 21, 2022 4:54 PM

BRENDA


Back from the dentist and it was warm enough out today so that I didn't have to wear a jacket.

On the dental front, root canal finished but still needs a filling on top of what was done, so I am back there on Tuesday. They are also going to do a filling that I thought they were doing today as well. Oh well.

Freezing starting to come out of the right side of my nose now. This guy who does the root canals sure knows how to handle freezing.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 21, 2022 7:01 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


So how bad are root canals? I remember hearing horror stories about them when I was a child.

Then I skipped right past them.

--------------------------------------------------

Me: "Remember Covid?"

Useless Idiots: "What's Covid, durr? Russia, Ukraine, Putin, NATO *drool*. DURRRR!!!!"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 21, 2022 7:31 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
So how bad are root canals? I remember hearing horror stories about them when I was a child.

Then I skipped right past them.

--------------------------------------------------

Me: "Remember Covid?"

Useless Idiots: "What's Covid, durr? Russia, Ukraine, Putin, NATO *drool*. DURRRR!!!!"



I haven't had any problems with the temporary thing they put in first. Now, I just wait and see what happens with the almost finish.

But I had a friend have one done and she had problems with it. Maybe it's different if you are younger. She was in her late 30s or early 40s when she got hers done.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 21, 2022 7:32 PM

BRENDA


Just have to figure out what soft that I can have for supper sos as not to disturb the work the guy did.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 21, 2022 8:49 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Just have to figure out what soft that I can have for supper sos as not to disturb the work the guy did.


I would suggest scrambled eggs, but I think they're out of your diet. Also, not sure what you have on hand. But I'm sure you'll figure something out!

*****

I had a root canal done once a number of years ago. Apparently it was a weird tooth bc one of the roots had calcified in and she had a hard time finding it, but eventually she did. The other thing I remember is that she packed the roots with something that looked like short toothpicks but were saturated with some sort of antibiotic. (I asked what they were. They had a very strong taste.) The dentist on put a temporary crown, then a permanent crown, not a filling. Have had no problems with it since. I don't even remember which tooth it was now. I hope your experience is as smooth as mine was.


-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE someone poor - William Blake


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 21, 2022 11:46 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
Just have to figure out what soft that I can have for supper sos as not to disturb the work the guy did.


I would suggest scrambled eggs, but I think they're out of your diet. Also, not sure what you have on hand. But I'm sure you'll figure something out!

*****

I had a root canal done once a number of years ago. Apparently it was a weird tooth bc one of the roots had calcified in and she had a hard time finding it, but eventually she did. The other thing I remember is that she packed the roots with something that looked like short toothpicks but were saturated with some sort of antibiotic. (I asked what they were. They had a very strong taste.) The dentist on put a temporary crown, then a permanent crown, not a filling. Have had no problems with it since. I don't even remember which tooth it was now. I hope your experience is as smooth as mine was.


-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE someone poor - William Blake




Yup, eggs are a no go. I did find that I had a package of ramenesque noodles in the cupboard and ate them for supper. I don't eat them much but it was a good thing I had them on hand.

The dentist had no problem getting the root out and yes, they had to put in some antibiotic stuff the first time I went in. This time as I said another temporary filling then a permanent one on Tuesday. This is a right canine tooth and I haven't had any problems so far. So I should be okay.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 21, 2022 11:56 PM

BRENDA


My corner of BC for a high today reached 20C which is 70F.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, May 22, 2022 8:57 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:

I haven't had any problems with the temporary thing they put in first. Now, I just wait and see what happens with the almost finish.

But I had a friend have one done and she had problems with it. Maybe it's different if you are younger. She was in her late 30s or early 40s when she got hers done.



I don't even know what the "temporary thing" is. I thought it was just like a more invasive root scaling and planing. I didn't realize they were adding extra parts.

Manageable pain though it seems?

--------------------------------------------------

Me: "Remember Covid?"

Useless Idiots: "What's Covid, durr? Russia, Ukraine, Putin, NATO *drool*. DURRRR!!!!"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, May 22, 2022 8:58 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Still a little colder than I prefer when working outside, but the forecast went up to 61 for the high today. 1% chance of rain, so it looks like mowing the lawn shouldn't be a problem.



--------------------------------------------------

Me: "Remember Covid?"

Useless Idiots: "What's Covid, durr? Russia, Ukraine, Putin, NATO *drool*. DURRRR!!!!"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, May 22, 2022 2:04 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:

I haven't had any problems with the temporary thing they put in first. Now, I just wait and see what happens with the almost finish.

But I had a friend have one done and she had problems with it. Maybe it's different if you are younger. She was in her late 30s or early 40s when she got hers done.



I don't even know what the "temporary thing" is. I thought it was just like a more invasive root scaling and planing. I didn't realize they were adding extra parts.

Manageable pain though it seems?

--------------------------------------------------

Me: "Remember Covid?"

Useless Idiots: "What's Covid, durr? Russia, Ukraine, Putin, NATO *drool*. DURRRR!!!!"



They have to remove the root and since there was an infection, they had to put in some antibiotics. Hence the temporary covering.

For me yes. I had no pain. Just a weird feeling as the freezing came out. But that's usually my reaction to freezing.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, May 22, 2022 2:05 PM

BRENDA


Just a lazy Sunday around me. Long weekend up here. Tomorrow is a holiday.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, May 22, 2022 6:49 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


8 hours of yard work today.

I'm toast.



--------------------------------------------------

Me: "Remember Covid?"

Useless Idiots: "What's Covid, durr? Russia, Ukraine, Putin, NATO *drool*. DURRRR!!!!"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, May 22, 2022 9:23 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
8 hours of yard work today.

I'm toast.



--------------------------------------------------

Me: "Remember Covid?"

Useless Idiots: "What's Covid, durr? Russia, Ukraine, Putin, NATO *drool*. DURRRR!!!!"

Well, damn! I was going to ask you to come over and help me with mine!

So, what did you do? And how was the weather? And what does the yard look like now??

I managed to squeeze in an hour here and there of weeding the front yard. I think I have about 12 hours to go.

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE someone poor - William Blake


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, May 22, 2022 9:33 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by SignyM:
Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
8 hours of yard work today.

I'm toast.



--------------------------------------------------

Me: "Remember Covid?"

Useless Idiots: "What's Covid, durr? Russia, Ukraine, Putin, NATO *drool*. DURRRR!!!!"

Well, damn! I was going to ask you to come over and help me with mine!



I'm afraid there's no way my car could make that trip, and if the Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster wanted me to fly I'd be able to afford a jetpack.



Quote:

So, what did you do? And how was the weather? And what does the yard look like now??


The weather was perfect for it. High 50's/Low 60's all day with a decent amount of sun. Just the right temp for doing a lot of work.

Mowed the lawn first... Always a big job.

And I nearly snapped my ankle off trying to navigate the landmine field that is the extra 2ft of back yard that I have now that the people flipping the house behind me put up an awesome new fence and brought it back into their yard where it should be.

I don't know if they were ever going to get around to busting out the concrete from the old post holes, and after risking my lawnmower and having a hell of a time mowing around all of that 4 times already, today was the day to fix it. I probably swung that 20lb sledgehammer 60 to 80 times. Used up two 5 gallon buckets of clay/stone that I'd saved when scooping out the sump well last year and the rest of the loose dirt I had on hand to fill everything so it's all safe to cut and I won't break my leg.


After that I cleaned all the helicopters from all the gutters on the house and garage.

Then I used the leaf blower to clean up the front and back porch, the driveway and the curbs with my sewer. I also cleared out the curb by the ditch along with that sewer as well as my new neighbor's curb/sewer. They're new here and probably don't have any clue the mess they just walked into.



It was a productive day. I'm wrecked.

Quote:

I managed to squeeze in an hour here and there of weeding the front yard. I think I have about 12 hours to go.


I just spent 6-8 hours or so doing that last weekend. Not my most favorite thing to do, but not my least favorite either.

Slow and steady wins the race.

--------------------------------------------------

Me: "Remember Covid?"

Useless Idiots: "What's Covid, durr? Russia, Ukraine, Putin, NATO *drool*. DURRRR!!!!"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, May 23, 2022 12:42 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. SECOND: I am so very sorry I libelled you by labelling you a Russian Troll. I apologize for this. http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=64646&p=2


I bet your yard looks great now!

Quote:

Slow and steady wins the race

Thanks for the encouragement!

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE someone poor - William Blake


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE
6IXSTRINGJACK 07.02 01:27
Brenda 07.02 13:20
Brenda 07.02 16:45

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
Autism.
Sat, July 2, 2022 18:44 - 2 posts
The Fox Alternate Reality
Sat, July 2, 2022 17:56 - 16 posts
Off-duty Border Patrol grabs Shotgun & saves students, saves daughter after 'help' text from wife...Meanwhile Cops leave Students Locked inside with Shooter. Yet Another 1990s style Mass Shooting in a School
Sat, July 2, 2022 17:47 - 88 posts
Obama warns Ukraine military not to 'step over the line'
Sat, July 2, 2022 17:35 - 8 posts
In the garden, and RAIN!!!!
Sat, July 2, 2022 16:45 - 10859 posts
NGOs: Grassroots, Astroturf, or New World Order?
Sat, July 2, 2022 15:45 - 5 posts
What Is The Government's Sales Pitch For The Vax, Post-Trump?
Sat, July 2, 2022 15:33 - 22 posts
Russia Invades Ukraine. Again
Sat, July 2, 2022 14:13 - 981 posts
Pro-Abortion Terrorists Continue to Firebomb Pregnancy Centers?
Sat, July 2, 2022 12:29 - 6 posts
January 6th Commission investigating coup attempt
Sat, July 2, 2022 11:12 - 654 posts
Are Americans a Broken People?
Sat, July 2, 2022 10:48 - 241 posts
I'm surprised there's not an inflation thread yet
Sat, July 2, 2022 10:38 - 317 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL